It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia declares war on Ukraine. Live updates from inside Ukraine

page: 365
<< 362  363  364    366  367  368 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Dutzy

Thanks.
Hromadske TV is a good source, beleivable. The link to the pic is not working, can you please put up the full link attached to the pic.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by asen_y2k

Someone else posted the pic and seems to have taken it from Hromadske.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 02:31 PM
link   

asen_y2k
reply to post by Dutzy

Thanks.
Hromadske TV is a good source, beleivable. The link to the pic is not working, can you please put up the full link attached to the pic.

Oops, it seems Hromadske is down for me too, but I still have that page opened.
It could be cyber attack, since the news is huge...

Edit: the link is up now for me
hromadske.tv...
edit on 16-4-2014 by zilebeliveunknown because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Am I mistaken or is this actually the first military base in mainland Ukraine to be under attack ? If so, things seem to progress at an even greater pace.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Reuters Top News ‏@Reuters · 9s
VIDEO: Rivals show force in eastern #Ukraine on eve of crucial talks. reut.rs...

English EuroMaidan ‏@EuroMaidanEN · 3m
Share please! Mass rally for Ukraine planned in Donetsk, April 17th. "Together we are strong". fb.me...

RT America ‏@RT_America · 5m
US to send non-lethal aid to Ukraine on.rt.com...

edit on 16-4-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Dutzy

Am I mistaken or is this actually the first military base in mainland Ukraine to be under attack ? If so, things seem to progress at an even greater pace.

Yup that would be the first military base that I know of thats come under attack. And I have been following the news in details since the first days. If you donot count the defunct airbase they just walked in and took over, this is the first.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 02:35 PM
link   
It seems the "little green men" in Kramatorsk, that forced the Ukrainian soldiers to dismantle their weapons, were actually real. I would have never guessed
)

pic.twitter.com/vdkhCcxIZN

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 02:35 PM
link   

PRO-RUSSIAN SEPARATISTS ATTACK UKRAINE SOLDIERS: HROMADSKE.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Ouch

Euromaidan PR ‏@EuromaidanPR · 13m
The head of #German Bundestag cancelled his trip to #Russia over #Ukraine situation @dw_ukrainian | PR News

RT ‏@RT_com · 21m
'No one interested in war in eastern Ukraine, especially Moscow' youtu.be... @WorldsApart_RT

Russia says this.. I would bet they are hoping it will embolden Ukraine to taking more aggressive steps towards the Pro Russian forces to justify their intervention.

Euromaidan PR ‏@EuromaidanPR · 2m
#Ukrainian army squadron (approx.100ppl) is located near Izyum, Kharkiv region, 40km from #Sloviansk. EMPR source |PR News

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

I saw that similar pro-Ukrainian protests are also going to take place in other cities in E Ukraine. Interesting to see how the pro-Russian protesters will react, seeing that there have been reports of journalists and other people being harassed/beaten for supporting/representing a different opinion.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Euromaidan PR ‏@EuromaidanPR · 1m
Near Izyum at least 20units of #Ukrainian mil/ equipment incl/ APCs, helicopters, self-propelled vehicles. Checkpoints set. EMPR source |PR

Haaretz.com ‏@haaretzcom · 2m
It's not the Ukrainian army that's keeping Putin out, says @AnshelPfeffer htz.li... pic.twitter.com/hHPBflkblV

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 02:41 PM
link   

All the latest Russian official positions are like taken out of an episode of "Kids say the darndest things", starting from Crimea

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Nightfall #Kramatorsk withdrawal of 5 disarmed #Ukraine APCs negotiated. Green men present to calm angry local crowd. pic.twitter.com/hfIHLPJ741

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Well looks like the news is coming out that the Russians are causing the unrest in Ukraine.They cant deny it anymore Ukraine is showing what information they have including material they captured from provocateurs. This is really bad news for Putin because the UN isnt going to take kindly to them staging a coup and getting caught. Russia tried to pay in the big leagues and i guess they werent ready for it because the whole story is unraveling right before us. So the next move is again get the UN involved i dont think Russias going to be able to maintain their veto power. In fact if Putin doesnt quit he could wind up getting Russia booted out the UN by the general assembly.

Now the article said something interesting apparently there was a time table set.apparently they sent provocateurs to kill civilians in the streets thus giving Putin the pretext to invade. Apparently once the agents started killing civilians within 2 hrs tanks were scheduled to be in the area.

The state agency, known as the SBU, says that a special reconnaissance and operations unit within the Moscow-based 45th Detached Reconnaissance Regiment of Russian Airborne Troops and military intelligence units from southern Russia are leading the insurgency.

Their objective is to “cause bloodshed on the streets of our cities” and kill “100-200” Ukrainians to provide a pretext for Russia to mass an invasion of eastern Ukraine, said Vitaliy Naida, a high-ranking member of the SBU’s counter-intelligence department. Then, he predicted, “in an hour-and-a-half, tanks and armored personnel carriers of the Russian army will appear on the territory of Ukraine."

www.kyivpost.com...

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Euromaidan PR ‏@EuromaidanPR · 1m
All entries to #Sloviansk now got checkpoints, safeguarded by locals w/ weapons. Conduct checks on cars on entry & on exit. EMPR source |PR

Euromaidan PR ‏@EuromaidanPR · 18s
Weapons of locals at #Sloviansk checkpoints come from seized police stations, Security Service office, owned weapons. EMPR source |PR

KyivPost ‏@KyivPost · 21s
#Ukraine's army gets hostile reception in #Donetsk Oblast on April 16 - PHOTOS www.kyivpost.com... … @KyivPost_photo pic.twitter.com/IYaCEFVvc3

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Ukrainian Pravda on Mariupol shoot-out(again via Google translate)

People who gathered at the gates of a military unit in Mariupol and demanded that the military " arms share " , began throwing of Molotov cocktails . According to " Maryupolskye News, " paddy caught fire . In response heard shots. Several bullets hit the house at Ave Nakhimov 174. Suffered two flats . One bullet pierced the door , the other - on the 5th floor - window and a gas boiler . The inhabitants began to run out into the street for fear of leaking gas. At 22:00 the military unit opened fire on lesion is affected. The newspaper said the injured 5 people. The two people with serious injuries - one of them a police officer - and three with light injuries , was taken to the hospital. At the scene, there are four ambulances .

Also a video is embedded. Again I ask any russian/ukrainian speakers to translate:

www.pravda.com.ua...

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 02:50 PM
link   

I have read somewhere, I'll be damned if I rememeber now, that the Slavyansk Police HQ or SBU had one of the largest weapon caches in the area and that was the reason it was hit fairly early, as opposed to Kramatorsk. If my info is bad, please let me now.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Euromaidan PR ‏@EuromaidanPR · 47s
#Ukrainian journos in #Sloviansk & #Donetsk region receive worst treatment among media, #Russian welcomed, international tolerated. EMPR |PR

lol Russia.... lol

Christiane Amanpour ‏@camanpour · 22s
“You do not calm a popular protest by sending troops, by declaring an anti-terrorist operation,” Russian amb tells me cnn.it...

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 02:53 PM
link   

There have been reports from different journalist on location that this was happening. Again comes to show that Russia has nothing to do with it.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 02:54 PM
link   
More info on Mariupol:

Adin of Crimea @RealCrimea Social reports from #Mariupol #Ukraine military base attack that ambulances unable to to get to victims because active shooting taking place

top topics

<< 362  363  364    366  367  368 >>

join