It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia declares war on Ukraine. Live updates from inside Ukraine

page: 364
<< 361  362  363    365  366  367 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 01:38 PM
link   

zilebeliveunknown
I must have missed that power in Kiev has been changed in elections. So, NO, it was against the constitution. You don't seize power with guns, anywhere. Remember that.

No guns were used when the lawfully elected parliament, that Russian supported in Dec 2012, impeached Yanukovych. The only guns used were by Yanukovych / and Russia.

zilebeliveunknown
And I'll ask you again --- Show me where Ukrainian constitution allows coup!
You're dodging this question for over a month now.

I have given you the answer - you refuse to read or you just don't understand what is being stated. Read it again. And as I stated a few posts up, you really need to quit using the fallback of ignoring facts while asking the same question over and voer because you don't like the answer.

zilebeliveunknown
The people in eastern regions DO NOT WANT TO BE RULED BY NAZIS!
I will always be on the people's side.

And a similar number of people in those regions don't want to be ruled by Nazis in Moscow. Since they are not Pro Russian, they don't matter right?

zilebeliveunknown
It has everything to do with Kosovo. Kosovo was the precedent.
And this is just the start, you'll see in near future many regions in Europe will demand their independence.

They aren't the same... The UN has noted they aren't the same... Russia was a part of KFOR / UN mission, and know for a fact it was not the same. Please educate yourself.

zilebeliveunknown
UN is a joke.

Except for when it sides with Russia... Its ok though, because its the same mindset we have seen in Syria and Iran, where when the UN agrees, the answer is accepted and when it doesnot agree, they are ignored and called a joke, puppet of the west etc etc. Just as Russia did when it didn't like the Human rights report on Crimea and just as Russia did when the regional organizations ruled against Russia.

If the UN is a joke then why is Russia demanding the do something?

zilebeliveunknown
NATO bombed sovereign contry back in 1999 without UN approval.

And Russia's allies in the government were busy committing genocide on Muslim's. Ironically, you have an issue with NATO action yet your ok with Russia doing the same thing in Ukraine?

please, explain your hypocrisy?

zilebeliveunknown
I do not and will not support any discrimination of people. Every voice needs to be heard.

Except when they are not Pro Russian and live in an area in Ukraine Russia wants. That is evident based on the referendum language they want to use, which denies the ability of Pro Ukrainians to be heard as the language does not allow for any alternative other than what Russia wants.

So while you claim every voice should be heard, you are actively supporting a group that is making sure those non Russians wont be heard. Just as the same in Crimea where the vote was the same.

zilebeliveunknown
It's the system, with which I don't necessarily agree with in some points, where decesions of majority are to be respected.

Yet you support Russia's support of Syria? A minority government that is oppressing the majority population? You support Russian actions in Chechnya, where its 95% Chechen and only 2% Russian, yet they are ruled by Moscow and invaded by the same twice.

A rigged election, armed gunmen hiding behind masks creating a coup in every city they come into are not defacto majority. If they were there would be no reason for them to forcibly remove the local regional governments and assign a replacement, instead of respecting the will of the people in those areas by removing the people they elected illegally while refusing them the vote to choose a replacement.

So don't lecture people on majority rule and respect when you in fact support the very opposite.

zilebeliveunknown
Sorry to say this, but are you blind?

No.. are you? And I noticed you didn't answer the question. The referendum question for the donetsk area does not allow the choice of remaining a part of Ukraine. Why do you support the denial of basic rights to people who are not Russian / pro Russian? Why do you deny them that right while demanding the rights of people be respected?

What should we listen to you or Putin, who demand people respect the people while at the same time oppressing those people who don't agree / aren't pro Russian / who are pro Ukraine?

zilebeliveunknown

1) Do you support the creation of an independent Donetsk Republic?

Those who do not want to be independant of Kiev should simply say NO.
edit on 16-4-2014 by zilebeliveunknown because: (no reason given)

Which is not an option

edit on 16-4-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 01:40 PM
link   

zilebeliveunknown

Dutzy
Another video from Max Seddon showing trapped Ukrainian soldiers at Pcholkino dismantling their rifles. Adding as a personal comment the soldiers don't seem very happy, let's say as no other word comes to mind now, as one would expect from soldiers switching sides and joining protesters against a "fascist" junta.

instagram.com...#

Whoever sends military against their own people needs to be hanged from lamp post. Period.
Thank God this soldiers are smart not to shoot at bare handed people.

Im sure China agrees with you.

Exactly how many people has Stalin killed? the Soviet Union killed to retain East Europe. how many people has Putin killed / locked up for not agreeing with them?

I would ask him these questions over a nice lunch of Sushi......but.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Christiane Amanpour ‏@camanpour · 49m
Russia has “no plans to intervene militarily, no plans to invade anybody,” Russian amb tells me: cnn.it... Full intv in 30 mins

What happens if they do invade? What would your response be?

Russian and its propaganda maching is lively once again -

Euromaidan PR ‏@EuromaidanPR · 55m
Russian propaganda news.bbcimg.co.uk... … @BBCWorld @JerryPopowicz | PR News #Ukraine #Russia #propaganda pic.twitter.com/YY1oUBxXrp

Putin and Hitler, once again

David Patrikarakos ‏@dpatrikarakos · 1h
Reports that #Donetsk Pro-#Russians Order Jews to 'Register or be Deported' for Supporting Kiev Rule #Ukraine
www.ibtimes.co.uk...

Guardian World ‏@guardianworld · 1h
Nato to step up presence near Russian borders gu.com...

Trond Moe ‏@trondmoe · 3h
Interfax reports new law passed in #Russia. All foreign #expats must now know Russian language, history and laws. www.interfax.ru...

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by zilebeliveunknown

See theres something you dont seem to understand so i will make it simple for you. We had a president of Ukraine who was stealing money from the people.than he ends up killing them for daring to protest against him by giving the orders to use lethal force. At this point the Duma decided to step in and start an investigation into the charges of corruption. However than even before the report is done he skips town decides to take a vacation to russia i guess. At this point even his own party called for his removal which is allowed under Ukrainian constitution been done before. So the elected government of the people remove the sitting president apoint an interim president until elections can be held in may so the people can again vote.

This means everything Kiev did was by an elected government of the people its russian propaganda that tries to state otherwise. Now you cant dispute the facts as much as you would like to try but there was no armed revolution in Kiev at least not yet. No one used guns to try to force the elected officials to take these actions they were caused by one man that Russia has chose to hide from prosecution by his own people. If hes inscent let him prove it in court but id say thats unlikely since they know what his salary was and just his estate alone is worth 100s of millions. So id say hes been stealing for a long time and fled as he knew this was going to be easy to find out. Like when the government looked into the foriegn banks and found billions of dollars just missing.

So i know RT doesnt explain this to you they want you to believe otherwise however you do have the internet look into it educate yourself and stop spreading nonsense about a coup. Every government has a way to remove an acting president including the US we call it impeachment. When a president does something that violates law he can be removed from office the closest we came was a man by the name of Nixon who avoided impeachment by leaving office.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 01:48 PM
link   

I love how you know exactly what happened to Ceausescu, even when here, in Romania things seem to a little unclear on the matter. But info that recently surfaced seem to point to a coup lead by second ranking officials of the Communist party, rather than a popular revolt as it is being officially presented. Also 90% of the people that died in 1989, died after the 22nd of December, the day that Ceausescu ran and power was seized by the second ranking members I mentioned above, most of whom are believed to have been actually agents of the USSR.

But I have to give you a thumbs up for the effort

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 02:00 PM
link   
The situation is getting worse in E Ukraine:

max seddon @maxseddon Militia types in Slavyansk gradually becoming more hostile to journos. Poroshenko's Channel 5 is widely hated in Donbass for supposed "lies"

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Dutzy

From what I am seeing / reading the reason some Ukraine units are not engaging is because they are being blocked by individuals who are not armed.

RT ‏@RT_com · 31s
URGENT: Ukrainian APC injures 3 firing at militia car in Donetsk region - reports on.rt.com...

KyivPost ‏@KyivPost · 3m
Remnants of #Yanukovych's disgraced former ruling Party of Regions meet in Donetsk on April 16 #Ukraine #Russia www.kyivpost.com...

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 02:05 PM
link   

 Retweeted by The Moscow Times

Nikolaus von Twickel ‏@niktwick · 17m
Expats must know Russian language, history and laws according to new law:
www.interfax.ru... RU

Here we go again -

Christiane Amanpour ‏@camanpour · 14m
Authorities in Transnistria asked Russia today to recognize independent state. Russian amb tells me no plans to annex cnn.it...

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Another interesting development in a matter that Russia has nothing to do with:

via google translate:

"Sberbank of Russia" is suspected of financing terrorist groups in Eastern Ukraine. This was announced by Attorney General Oleg Mahnitskyy on Channel 5 . Recall that the Security Service of Ukraine has established that the financing of terrorist groups in the East of Ukraine is using the assets of the Russian banking institution. Established that in March- April 2014 officials of the Central Bank office in Kiev, contrary to the Law of Ukraine " On prevention and counteraction to legalization (laundering ) of proceeds from crime and terrorist financing" organizers sponsored terrorist groups, whose members committed violence against citizens , pogroms , arson, destruction of property, seizure of government buildings, committed resistance state authorities and law enforcement agencies with weapons , as well as actions aimed at preparing to commit terrorist acts.

www.5.ua...

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

Yeah, it would seem that the "civilians-in-the-front" tactic seems to be paying off...

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 02:10 PM
link   

I also read and posted about the announcement regarding the jewish males, but it was said that it wasn't confirmed yet...

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Dutzy

Yeah, it would seem that the "civilians-in-the-front" tactic seems to be paying off...

Which is exactly what Putin stated would happen in his press conference.

Euromaidan PR ‏@EuromaidanPR · 3m
BREAKING: 200 insurgents trying to storm the military base in #Mariupol, southeastern #Ukraine. 12 ppl are injured @HromadskeTV #Russia

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 02:12 PM
link   

BREAKING: 200 insurgents trying to storm the military base in #Mariupol, southeastern #Ukraine. 12 ppl are injured @HromadskeTV #Russia

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Dutzy

LOL
So you're in support of sending military to fight citizens???

And, sorry, I didn't know that Causesku was a good guy afterall. Why don't you build a monument in his honour in the central square of the capital???

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by asen_y2k

Somehow Hromadske tv's web page doesn't seem to be working, or is it just me. I can't seem to acces this piece of news:

Kerch. Russia massively moving troops in the Crimea. goo.gl/uwHr1y pic.twitter.com/05qgS3tY9N

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Dutzy

I did not hear about that, where did you see that info?

And Hromadske is not working for me either.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 02:19 PM
link   

If anywhere in my previous posts I have stated that I am in favour of sending the military to deal with civilians, then that must be what I believe. But since I haven't done so, I am not going to further enable your personal attacks.

Have a great evening/day, wherever you are.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by asen_y2k

ukraine.inagist.com

Hromadske.TV @HromadskeTV Керч. Росія масово перекидає війська до Криму goo.gl/uwHr1y pic.twitter.com/05qgS3tY9N 11 mins ago 7 Retweets |

Info also appears on Radio Svoboda:

Радіо Свобода @radiosvoboda «З 19.00 за київським часом на Керчинській переправі йде масоване перекидання російських військ та техніки» - (link tracking not allowed)/1l1X4jP

edit on Wed0000003010514 by Dutzy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 02:23 PM
link   

URGENT: Ukrainian APC injures 3 firing at militia car in Donetsk region - reports on.rt.com/1q9y34

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 02:23 PM
link   

asen_y2k
reply to post by Dutzy

I did not hear about that, where did you see that info?

And Hromadske is not working for me either.

Source

top topics

<< 361  362  363    365  366  367 >>

join