It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia declares war on Ukraine. Live updates from inside Ukraine

page: 241
<< 238  239  240    242  243  244 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 03:46 AM
link   

demus

dragonridr
Good general rule of thumb dont invade countries next to you it destabalizes the entire region.
edit on 3/24/14 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

of course, Russians generals don't have any idea about that little pearl of wisdom.

You mean like the western powers that sent neonazis to make their deeds? Yup, that should be said too, dont try invading countries next to you.

Just as a reminder, neonazi western backed extremists ousted a democratically elected leader who had already settled for elections and talks, but not fast enough. Evidence of such is readily available around these forums.

As said demus, try educating yourself a bit in the topic, its going to take you some reading, but you can do it.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 03:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Yusomad

You are barking under a wrong tree man.
You should read my reply before.
And this one about generals was irony.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 04:20 AM
link   
Czechs offer Gripens to protect airspace near Ukraine

The Czech Republic is prepared to provide its planes, including Gripen fighters, to protect the airspace of the countries bordering on or near Ukraine if it is asked for help, Defence Minister Martin Stropnicky (ANO) told public Czech Television (CT).

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 04:36 AM
link   
Breaking News: Ukraine orders Crimea withdrawal

Ukraine's interim President Olexander Turchynov orders withdrawal of military forces from Crimean peninsula

More to follow.
I could have sworn Ukraine said they were doing this earlier last week?! As well as 189 military locations being taken over by Russia I wonder how many more Ukrainian bases are left. I would imagine there are only 1 or 2 but in terms of withdrawing I wonder if the Ukrainian Defence Ministry has ordered its troops to take their equipment as well.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 04:40 AM
link   
Deleted, ProfessorT posted the same update right above mine here.

If you ask me... it's about time! I'm just a bit perplexed as to why it took so long.
edit on 24-3-2014 by MyMindIsMyOwn because: Deleted to keep thread as clean as possible

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 04:57 AM
link   
It must be a real pain for interim President Olexander Turchynov. If he orders his military into the field against Russia, he could lose most of them when they switch sides.

Must be a real PITA when your own military seem not to recognize your illegal Presidency.

It will be interesting to see how many of the military actually move back to Kiev. RT is saying 80% will stay / have swapped sides but they are biased. These press releases from Kiev seem to suggest they all will, but that won't happen.

I must say, I like the new Russian tactics of taking Crimea with almost zero casualties. It makes a pleasant change from the West's habit of killing multitudes of innocent civilians.

A whole campaign and not a single child has been harmed. That deserves a and a

P

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 05:17 AM
link   
reply to post by pheonix358

couldn't agree more.
but I will be surprised if the whole crisis/"crisis" calms down without some bigger incidents.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 06:36 AM
link   
Well look at this!!

UK to start directly buying Russian gas

Britain will begin buying Russian gas directly this year, while the rest Europe is attempting to cut its reliance on supplies from Moscow amidst the crisis in Ukraine.

Under a deal signed in 2012 the UK’s biggest utility company Centrica will start importing Russian gas from October this year, Reuters reports.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Hellas
Well look at this!!

UK to start directly buying Russian gas

Britain will begin buying Russian gas directly this year, while the rest Europe is attempting to cut its reliance on supplies from Moscow amidst the crisis in Ukraine.

Under a deal signed in 2012 the UK’s biggest utility company Centrica will start importing Russian gas from October this year, Reuters reports.

The deal is two years old and may yet be cancelled. This is typical RT, using a truth to tell a lie. You can bet that when the British firm cancels the deal, RT will not report it.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 07:05 AM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

Riiight.. I forgot that there's also the whole fracking topic in the Uk which everybody wants.. NOT!

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 07:08 AM
link   

DJW001

The deal is two years old and may yet be cancelled. This is typical RT, using a truth to tell a lie. You can bet that when the British firm cancels the deal, RT will not report it.

please name one news network that is not doing the same...

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 07:11 AM
link   

demus

DJW001

please name one news network that is not doing the same...

Most networks only present current events as news. RT is posting an historical situation as though it were breaking news. It is as if they posted an headline that said 'America breaks with Britain,' then described the events of 1776.
edit on 24-3-2014 by DJW001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Hellas
reply to post by DJW001

Riiight.. I forgot that there's also the whole fracking topic in the Uk which everybody wants.. NOT!

That's not the point; the point is that they are drastically misrepresenting a situation which is likely to change.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 07:22 AM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

very diplomatic and incomplete answer.

thank you.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

Sactions have no value. Take for instance Iran. The USA /EU have sanctioned them to Death. But still they are able to sell Oil and gass. The irony is that the US even buyes Oil from Iran, but not directly. The US buy oil from Iran through a Third party.

Russia is not going to be sanctioned anywhere but on the News and media. ANd than we are going to Wonder how they manage so good.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 07:27 AM
link   

pheonix358
It must be a real pain for interim President Olexander Turchynov. If he orders his military into the field against Russia, he could lose most of them when they switch sides.

Must be a real PITA when your own military seem not to recognize your illegal Presidency.

It will be interesting to see how many of the military actually move back to Kiev. RT is saying 80% will stay / have swapped sides but they are biased. These press releases from Kiev seem to suggest they all will, but that won't happen.

I must say, I like the new Russian tactics of taking Crimea with almost zero casualties. It makes a pleasant change from the West's habit of killing multitudes of innocent civilians.

A whole campaign and not a single child has been harmed. That deserves a and a

P

Apparently many here seem to have a real disconnect with how Ukrainians feel about Russian rule. True Ukrainians remember how their families were treated under the former Soviet regime. Stole their land. Starved their families and raped the land. Doesn't anyone ever study history? Holodomor per chance?

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 07:34 AM
link   

spy66
reply to post by DJW001

Sactions have no value. Take for instance Iran. The USA /EU have sanctioned them to Death. But still they are able to sell Oil and gass. The irony is that the US even buyes Oil from Iran, but not directly. The US buy oil from Iran through a Third party.

Russia is not going to be sanctioned anywhere but on the News and media. ANd than we are going to Wonder how they manage so good.

I agree; that's why military action is inevitable. Remember, the United States had no trouble rolling over Saddam Hussein. All it needs is an excuse. Putin is stupid enough to provide one eventually.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Money makes the world go round, it's that simple. Each country relies on imports and exports of products to build their economy. You can probably bet that every EU country will rely on Russia for something and the same goes for Russia. Sanctions are pretty pointless in this specific circumstance because Vladimir Putin appears to be hell bent on annexing more parts of Ukraine and possibly Moldova. There was (allegedly) a document which was sent by the Duma to some countries bordering Ukraine suggesting they join Russia in occupying parts of Ukraine. Putin hasn't finished yet.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

Remember, the United States had no trouble rolling over Saddam Hussein. All it needs is an excuse.

Except that it wasn't just Saddam that it "rolled over" was it...is that really what you want for Crimea? Honestly, I'll take Crimean style "invasion" over Iraqi style "liberation" any day ...at least I'd be alive afterwards to complain about it...

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 07:46 AM
link   

DJW001

I agree; that's why military action is inevitable. Remember, the United States had no trouble rolling over Saddam Hussein. All it needs is an excuse. Putin is stupid enough to provide one eventually.

did you seriously just compared Iraq/Husein with Russia/Putin?

<< 238  239  240    242  243  244 >>

join