It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia declares war on Ukraine. Live updates from inside Ukraine

page: 240
<< 237  238  239    241  242  243 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Hellas
Apparently Odessa wants to hold a Referendum, too

Rallies have swept eastern Ukraine, with residents protesting against Kiev’s coup-imposed government and demanding a referendum to decide on the future of the region. Thousands took to the streets in Kharkov, Donetsk, Lugansk, and Odessa on Sunday.

edit on 23-3-2014 by Hellas because: (no reason given)

yes, it is happening all over the place, people do not want to have anything with illegal government in Kiev and their mentors from US and EU.
Lets face it, they see their future as a part of Russian Federation. They are same people, same culture.
I can bet you any money if there is a referendum in a whole Ukraine to join Russina Federation majority people would vote yes.
Maidan events were nail in coffin for Ukraine as a country. West has miscalculated badly.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 07:13 PM
link   
VICE report from the Belbek airbase that was taken over yesterday:

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Here you go everybody want to joint LOL

Thousands Sign White House Petition for Alaska to Secede and Join Russia

Clicky

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 08:34 PM
link   

JacKatMtn

Great vid, respect to base commander.

1. Armed Coup d'état and overthrow of elected president.

2. Assassination attempt of the sworn president that flees.

3. Constitution flies out the window.

4. Illegitimate usurpers power grab government posts.

5. Right Sector Neo-Nazis break into military bases and steal military weapons including shoulder fired missiles and anti-tank rockets.

6. Kiev sends armed thugs to Crimea to force them into submission.

7. Crimea disorganizes defense militia, fights back, holds a referendum and succeeds from illegitimate Neo-Nazi government which is threating military actions against anybody that disagrees with their Neo-Nazi agenda.

8. Russia accepts Crimea into Russia Federation.

9. All Ukrainian military forces on Crimean territory are to be transfered under Crimean and Russian control. Out of 20 thousand military personnel, 2 thousand decide to go back to Ukraine, and are allowed to do so.

10. The remains of the Ukrainian military are ordered by Kiev to barricade on what is now part of Russian Federation.

So this is the last of the barricade.

Job well done.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 09:31 PM
link   

renden

JacKatMtn

Great vid, respect to base commander.

1. Armed Coup d'état and overthrow of elected president.

2. Assassination attempt of the sworn president that flees.

3. Constitution flies out the window.

4. Illegitimate usurpers power grab government posts.

5. Right Sector Neo-Nazis break into military bases and steal military weapons including shoulder fired missiles and anti-tank rockets.

6. Kiev sends armed thugs to Crimea to force them into submission.

7. Crimea disorganizes defense militia, fights back, holds a referendum and succeeds from illegitimate Neo-Nazi government which is threating military actions against anybody that disagrees with their Neo-Nazi agenda.

8. Russia accepts Crimea into Russia Federation.

9. All Ukrainian military forces on Crimean territory are to be transfered under Crimean and Russian control. Out of 20 thousand military personnel, 2 thousand decide to go back to Ukraine, and are allowed to do so.

10. The remains of the Ukrainian military are ordered by Kiev to barricade on what is now part of Russian Federation.

So this is the last of the barricade.

Job well done.

You have a warped view of reality im not even sure if you watched the same video. I saw Ukrainians knowing they were outnumber but still loyal to their government and making albeit a symbolic gesture.And now that Ukraine is under EU protection if i was Ukraine after the crap Russia pulled id turn off the power and water to Crimea let Russia figure out how to get power to there new area. Because odds are Crimea isnt going to pay their water and electric bills any way. Seems to me they just seem to take stuff that isn't theirs. Looked to me the soldiers didn't want to kill civilians and the Russian troops hid behind them wow im losing respect for Russian forces quickly the more we see of them.
edit on 3/23/14 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by dragonridr

You have a warped view of reality im not even sure if you watched the same video.

No, his view is a great summary of what has happened, very concise and accurate. He got a star from me.

His view is not warped and this can only lead to one other conclusion.................

P

edit on 23/3/2014 by pheonix358 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Breaking:Russian troops 'overrun Crimea's Feodosia naval base'

Russian troops have seized control of a Crimean naval base at Feodosia, the third such attack in 48 hours, Ukrainian officials have told the BBC.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Bruce Springnote ‏@BSpringnote 27s
Word that Marine Corps base in Feodosiya taken by Russian troops. Also talk of wounded and injured

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 02:03 AM
link   

asen_y2k
Breaking:Russian troops 'overrun Crimea's Feodosia naval base'

Russian troops have seized control of a Crimean naval base at Feodosia, the third such attack in 48 hours, Ukrainian officials have told the BBC.

Isnt that a shipping port if so they would need it so it would make sense. Something tells me all the supplies from Russia would come through there its expensive to fly everything.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 02:04 AM
link   

pheonix358

You have a warped view of reality im not even sure if you watched the same video.

No, his view is a great summary of what has happened, very concise and accurate. He got a star from me.

His view is not warped and this can only lead to one other conclusion.................

P

Let me guess you work for RT news huh?

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 02:54 AM
link   
So we still have ukranian military forces in crimean territory? Are they daft? Or are they really trying to start WW3?

Just a reminder, crimea is now part of russia, deal with it.
edit on 2014u12201403am24 by Yusomad because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 02:58 AM
link   
everything is still ok, because only a few people have died as a result of Russian interference.
hope that doesn't change.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 03:07 AM
link   

dragonridr

pheonix358

P

No I don't. I always try to see both sides. There is so much evidence in this thread that the summary is accurate but then you perhaps missed all those posts.

P

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 03:23 AM
link   

pheonix358

dragonridr

pheonix358

P

No I don't. I always try to see both sides. There is so much evidence in this thread that the summary is accurate but then you perhaps missed all those posts.

P

Yeah you dont seem to look at both sides at all. Because the international community is against the Russian ocupation. In fact the only country that sided with Puyin is Syria, So The UN decided its wrong and and being brought up to general council by UN president. Even China didnt want to vote for Russia and thats unusual. And Russia going ro have a heavy price to pay because of Putin in fact its already starting. Russia has been downgraded by Standard and poors meaning no more loans going to be cash up front from now on. And right now Russia cant afford that give it 5 yers and Putin will be thrown out for screwing up their economy. Hes drove his european neighbors wy from him so the only ally hell have left is Crimea. This was like the biggest bone head move of the century. Putin just turned Russsia into a third world country by the end of the decade. See if you dont play in the global economy your doomed to fail.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 03:27 AM
link   

it could be that Putin made historical mistake but maybe we don't see the whole picture.

"Stupid" actions of Russia almost make you think about what they're planning next.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 03:27 AM
link   

dragonridr
Yeah you dont seem to look at both sides at all.

You mean like yourself? Pot, keetle rings a bell? Really, change your drivel, it gets stale.

So nothing new here? Anti russians trying to stir it up, and level heads trying to smother the flames?

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 03:29 AM
link   

demus
everything is still ok, because only a few people have died as a result of Russian interference.
hope that doesn't change.

You mean those that died because of the western backing of maidan et al? Also the "interference" you speak about, was western induced. Please use some time to peruse the forums and get up to speed on the events you will be posting, it will save you the hassle of being called ignorant and so on.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 03:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Yusomad

can you please let me know what is wrong with my reply?
also, why did you fire up?
I can say again, few people has died in Crimea and that is a good thing and I hope it stays that way.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 03:36 AM
link   

Yusomad

dragonridr
Yeah you dont seem to look at both sides at all.

You mean like yourself? Pot, keetle rings a bell? Really, change your drivel, it gets stale.

So nothing new here? Anti russians trying to stir it up, and level heads trying to smother the flames?

Nothing to stir up hes going to keep Crimea its just he didnt weigh the costs very well. He sent Ukraine running to the EU they just signed an agreement with them and are now providing security for Ukraine and financial support. He just made it them run to the EU,And if they so choose can put any defensive position they deem necessary on his front door. This was like a huge mistake not only financially since hes going to lose his European customers but also militarily.Good general rule of thumb dont invade countries next to you it destabalizes the entire region.
edit on 3/24/14 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 03:42 AM
link   

dragonridr
Good general rule of thumb dont invade countries next to you it destabalizes the entire region.
edit on 3/24/14 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

of course, Russians generals don't have any idea about that little pearl of wisdom.

top topics

<< 237  238  239    241  242  243 >>

join