It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia declares war on Ukraine. Live updates from inside Ukraine

page: 238
<< 235  236  237    239  240  241 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Either most of the Ukrainians can not stand to fight their long time neighbors or their military has gone to the rats. I am betting that the U.S. and the EU with NATO are telling them to hold off for now till they can get more forces built up in the area quietly. Putin seems to be slowly trying to take Crimea like he is waiting for a massive attack if he does one more thing, like a kid with his hand in the cookie jar on top of the kitchen counter. I can also see the EU paying them to do nothing for fear Russia will cut the gas off as well.

The EU is a complete joke, especially being led by Germany. Obama and the EU= nothing will happen unless Putin goes for more. Then Poland, Estonia, Latvia and Lithuanians will call on NATO to pounce on the Russians who have moved west.

I say we send in the Seawolf and another attack sub and quietly sink the whole Black Sea fleet that's in and around the ports there and see what he like about that. We can just say we were worried about the Ukrainian people safety in Crimea since he decided to take their ships and the whole region just for kicks.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Patriotsrevenge
Either most of the Ukrainians can not stand to fight their long time neighbors or their military has gone to the rats. I am betting that the U.S. and the EU with NATO are telling them to hold off for now till they can get more forces built up in the area quietly. Putin seems to be slowly trying to take Crimea like he is waiting for a massive attack if he does one more thing, like a kid with his hand in the cookie jar on top of the kitchen counter. I can also see the EU paying them to do nothing for fear Russia will cut the gas off as well.

The EU is a complete joke, especially being led by Germany. Obama and the EU= nothing will happen unless Putin goes for more. Then Poland, Estonia, Latvia and Lithuanians will call on NATO to pounce on the Russians who have moved west.

I say we send in the Seawolf and another attack sub and quietly sink the whole Black Sea fleet that's in and around the ports there and see what he like about that. We can just say we were worried about the Ukrainian people safety in Crimea since he decided to take their ships and the whole region just for kicks.

Funny i had a similar thought and then blame it on the Crimean defense forces since they are so well armed. Just tell Russia well i guess those Crimeans running around with all those weapons didnt realize they were russian ships. Whts he going to do at that point admit they were his troops i think not.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Im2keul

U.S.-Russia nuclear agenda unaffected by rising tensions over Ukraine crisis

link

That is quite disturbing to read as the world potentially inches towards WW3. Quotes below are from the link in Im2keul's post quoted above:

As President Obama announced sanctions against Russia on Monday, a group of Russian officials arrived in San Francisco for a surprise inspection of the U.S. strategic nuclear arsenal.

A surprise inspection... But don't worry, because the Washington Post spins this as a really good sign:

The inspections, part of a process agreed to under the 2010 New START weapons reduction treaty, signaled business as usual in at least one area of bilateral cooperation.

I'm sure Russia isn't wanting to do a surprise check on the readiness of US strategic nuclear forces at a time like this:

Its provisions include 18 surprise inspections by both sides each year. The teams do not have to say which military installation they want to visit or reveal reveal what they want to see until they arrive. The surprise element, a senior administration official said, ensures that “there’s no chance to stash anything away or move it out of the line of sight. That’s a very important part of the treaty.”

Can't blame Russia though - the US just did it to them too. I'm sure the timing was equally coincidental and every bit as much of a good sign:

The most recent U.S. inspection in Russia took place during the last week of February, just as the administration said that Russian troops were beginning to pour into Crimea.

In the spirit of friendship, an anonymous senior US official passed on some friendly advice to Russia:

The treaty has a clause that allows either side to withdraw, and the senior official, who spoke on the condition of anonymity about the increasingly sensitive relationship, said that “if the Russians at some point decided they wanted to exercise” that right, they could do so.

“But I hope they would think very long and hard about that,” the official said.

Since the Washington Post is the largest newspaper in Washington, DC and has long had a close relationship with the CIA, the message and story carry more weight than a typical news story. This could all be completely routine. But it makes me nervous that both super-powers chose to do it right in the middle of the current crisis.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Patriotsrevenge

On 21 of March of 18,000 Ukrainian soldiers, who are in the territory of the Republic of Crimea, a little less than 2,000 people wanted to go to the territory of Ukraine, reads the statement of the Ministry of Defense RF.

It was also announced that Russian national flag was raised to 147 military units, including 54 of the 67 ships of the Navy of Ukraine.
So do not expect Armed Forces of Ukraine to fight Russian Armed Forces.
Game over.
edit on 22-3-2014 by cosmonova because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 11:36 PM
link   

cosmonova

Patriotsrevenge

On 21 of March of 18,000 Ukrainian soldiers, who are in the territory of the Republic of Crimea, a little less than 2,000 people wanted to go to the territory of Ukraine, reads the statement of the Ministry of Defense RF.

It was also announced that Russian national flag was raised to 147 military units, including 54 of the 67 ships of the Navy of Ukraine.
Game over.

Considering most of the 18,000 Ukrainian soldiers In Crimea live in Crimea with there family's and have no other alternative I'm not at all sure the point you're trying to raise here

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 01:39 AM
link   

cosmonova

Patriotsrevenge

Game over.

you have to stop using RT as your only news source. First most of Ukraine fleet wasn't in Crimea. right now there holding hostage 4 ships. Ud the four only one is a concern its the pride of their fleet a command and control ship the Slavutych.Second the EU just upped the stakes on Russia and his incursion into Crimea caused exactly what he tried to prevent. The EU is now responsible for the security of Ukraine if this were a chess game Putin lost game set match.

In Brussels, Ukrainian officials sealed a deal deepening political cooperation with the 28-nation European Union. The pact revived an agreement that the EU offered to Ukraine several months ago that then-President Viktor Yanukovich rejected in favor of closer ties with Moscow, a last-minute turnaround that led to months of protests, Yanukovich's ouster and Russia's incursion into Crimea.
The signing of the EU deal, which includes security and defense cooperation, risks further angering Moscow, which sees a Europe-leaning Ukraine as a threat. But an elated and relieved-looking Arseny Yatsenyuk, Ukraine's interim prime minister, brushed aside such concern.

www.latimes.com...

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 02:18 AM
link   

TritonTaranis

cosmonova

Patriotsrevenge

Game over.

Considering most of the 18,000 Ukrainian soldiers In Crimea live in Crimea with there family's and have no other alternative I'm not at all sure the point you're trying to raise here

Of course they have alternative, they can move to Ukraine and keep being a part of Ukraine Armed Forces. Somehow
vast majority have decided to join Russian side. Most of them disappointed by their new 'democratically elected' government
who left them there to defend Ukraine which is falling apart anyway. No wonder those morons in power are forming paramilitary troops as the moral of Armed Forces is very low.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 02:20 AM
link   

dragonridr

cosmonova

Patriotsrevenge

Game over.

you have to stop using RT as your only news source. First most of Ukraine fleet wasn't in Crimea. right now there holding hostage 4 ships. Ud the four only one is a concern its the pride of their fleet a command and control ship the Slavutych.Second the EU just upped the stakes on Russia and his incursion into Crimea caused exactly what he tried to prevent. The EU is now responsible for the security of Ukraine if this were a chess game Putin lost game set match.

In Brussels, Ukrainian officials sealed a deal deepening political cooperation with the 28-nation European Union. The pact revived an agreement that the EU offered to Ukraine several months ago that then-President Viktor Yanukovich rejected in favor of closer ties with Moscow, a last-minute turnaround that led to months of protests, Yanukovich's ouster and Russia's incursion into Crimea.
The signing of the EU deal, which includes security and defense cooperation, risks further angering Moscow, which sees a Europe-leaning Ukraine as a threat. But an elated and relieved-looking Arseny Yatsenyuk, Ukraine's interim prime minister, brushed aside such concern.

www.latimes.com...

lol fair enough I guess. Congratulation to Western Ukraine for sealing a deal with EU with a possibility to join the same by 2035.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 03:20 AM
link   
238 pages ... wow..is this an ATS record ???

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 06:05 AM
link   

maddy21
238 pages ... wow..is this an ATS record ???

by far not a record..

i.e. www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 06:09 AM
link   
Russia observes intl accords on troop limits near Ukraine borders – Defense Ministry

Russia is observing all international agreements on troop limits in regions bordering Ukraine, the Russian Deputy Defense Minister said, adding that foreign missions’ inspections can confirm that.

DETAILS TO FOLLOW

RT

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 06:50 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 08:18 AM
link   
While talks about the monitors with Russia were “difficult,” their presence may help avoid escalation of the conflict, German Foreign Minister Frank-Walter Steinmeier told reporters in Kiev yesterday. Pro-Kremlin forces seized a military airport in Crimea and ousted Ukrainian leader Viktor Yanukovych’s supporters protested in the country’s east.

link

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 08:53 AM
link   

According to one of the minesweeper crewman, "Cherkasy" tried to pass between two Russian ships sunk at the entrance of the lake. The attempt nearly succeeded, when a Russian boat came and hit the side of the minesweeper, after which the bow of "Cherkasy" was grounded.

www.pravda.com.ua...

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Ukraine’s security forces have arrested an armed Russian group in Odessa, according to the press centre of Ukrainian Security Service.

Apparently it was a group of four people armed with assault rifles (AKS-7, 62 and pistols) and "the group was planning to attack military unit stationed in the Odessa region."

The report claims the leader of the group has contacts with Russian special forces in the Crimea.

Al Jazeera Live

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Putins original plan for Ukraine

Anexation of the eastern and southern parts of Ukraine to form a connection with Moldova.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 09:19 AM
link   
www.nbcnews.com...

''Moscow has mobilized a “very, very sizeable and very, very ready” military contingent on Ukraine’s eastern boundary,'''

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Again starting today we see pro Russian rallies in Kharkiv, Luhansk, Donetsk and Odessa. All of them calling for the ex president to return and save them.
Note now they are not calling for Russia to save then. Seems like a change in tactic.
And these are the exact same regions outlined in the article i posted called Putins original plan for Ukraine calling for anexation into Russia.
edit on 23/3/14 by asen_y2k because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 09:31 AM
link   

asen_y2k
Again starting today we see pro Russian rallies in Kharkiv, Luhansk, Donetsk and Odessa. All of them calling for the ex president to return and save them.
Note now they are not calling for Russia to save then. Seems like a change in tactic.

Too bad Moscow misplaced the former president.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by asen_y2k

I was just about to post that I was worried about you....and here you are. Please stay safe asen.

Rainbows
Jane

<< 235  236  237    239  240  241 >>

join