It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia declares war on Ukraine. Live updates from inside Ukraine

page: 237
<< 234  235  236    238  239  240 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 11:25 AM
link   
East or west which way to go? You can't stay in the middle...

Europe is in the middle of all of this - it can stay for much longer?

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 11:46 AM
link   
I'm just reading through Twitter and it appears Ukraine still have one or two ships in Crimea and the crews have refused to give up. Also back at the Belbeck Air Force base one member of the media has been injured and others have had items taken from them. One of the reporters commented it looked like the Russian soldiers were trying to suppress the media coverage.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Keep looking for the Malaysian Airlines jet in the Southern Indian Ocean everyone! Ooh look, another grainy satellite image...

Cool, Chinese ships coming to help search. Wow, that is a very long way for them to travel. No doubt they will need to refuel and resupply at Fremantle Port.

In very close proximity to Garden Island Naval Base, Pearce RAAF Base and The Australian Army Base at Campbell barracks, one of the key strategic outposts in the Australasian region?

And in close proximity to WA's vast LNG deposits?

And immediately after Russia and China agree on massive LNG and Oil deals, redirecting supplies away from Europe?

"Two Chinese aircraft arrived in Perth on Saturday to join the search, and two Japanese planes will arrive Sunday. A small flotilla of ships from China is still several days away. The Malaysian plane passengers included 154 Chinese." Fox News website 22 March 2014

A small flotilla of Chinese ships in Australian waters? At least the RAAF have their PC-3 Orion's (fitted with infra-red detector set, provision to carry the AGM-84 Harpoon long-range anti-ship missiles, magnetic anomaly detector and identification friend or foe equipment and acoustic detectors) to monitor the flotilla.

Unless they are all on a search and rescue mission in the Southern Indian Ocean looking for a Malaysian Airlines jet...

I started and it began to piece itself together. I live in Perth, Western Australia. And I just scared myself!
edit on 22 3 2014 by FReAkIn'___' because: (no reason given)

edit on 22 3 2014 by FReAkIn'___' because: text added

edit on 22 3 2014 by FReAkIn'___' because: added text

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 12:20 PM
link   

FReAkIn'___'

I started and it began to piece itself together. I live in Perth, Western Australia. And I just scared myself!

And you completely missed a thread.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 12:47 PM
link   

xavi1000

FReAkIn'___'

And you completely missed a thread.

My apologies. Newb.Your suggestion of the appropriate thread would be appreciated.

Thank you.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 02:06 PM
link   

FReAkIn'___'
My apologies. Newb.Your suggestion of the appropriate thread would be appreciated.

Thank you.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Seeing reports on Twitter and news sources in Russian that a group of pro-Russian forces captured an Ukrainian sub. Will post more as I get more info.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Can any provide a better translation of this besides google translate.

Ship "Center", has long blocked the Russian ship was captured by the invaders

Reported by journalist Espreso.TV .

In our inforomatsiyeyu, were used in the assault grenades.

Data on victims is currently no.

Formerly "Yevromaydan SOS" reported that the ship "Slavutich" raiding about 50 people in civilian clothes with a sledgehammer. We hear gunshots. This was reported by a woman who had the mother of one of the sailors being on board. According to her, "Slavutich" zabarykadovanyy on all sides. Men in civilian clothes were brought, they went through a Russian checkpoint, proshyly towed through the water and from there landed on the ship.

Source: espreso.tv...

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Google Translated Text

Russian occupation troops in the Crimea captured only podvonuyu boat Ukrainian Naval Forces of Ukraine "Zaporozhye". One of the representatives of the occupation forces, the commander of the fleet of submarines BSF Anatoly Varochkin said that now drive the boat will be Russia.

Head of the Ministry of Defense of the media center in the Crimea Vladislav Seleznev said that the commander of the Ukrainian submarine Shagiev refused to raise the Russian flag of St. Andrew on board. "In the Bay Musketeers where submarine stationed previously, I have no sources, but from a third party known: Shagiev submarine commander refused to raise the flag of St. Andrew on board the submarine. He went ashore, and tug boat drew off in an unknown direction," - Seleznev said.

Video: Channel 5

source: news.liga.net...

edit on 22-3-2014 by majesticgent because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 02:53 PM
link   
So why does Russia believe they deserve to just take the Crimea region of Ukraine??? This location wasn't part of their country before this incident broke, so why do they believe they deserve ownership of this piece of land?

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 02:56 PM
link   

ProfessorT
There is currently a stand off at Ukraine's Belbek military base. Russian soldiers are surrounding the base and the Commander of the Ukrainian soldiers has told them to stand their ground and they are reportedly in "battle positions" within the base. There are reports that the Ukrainian soldiers are armed with "sticks" and "metal bars" as well as a small number of firearms. This may just be the turning point in this crisis.

Live stream @ Belbek military base
edit on 22-3-2014 by ProfessorT because: (no reason given)

Ridiculous, the Ukraine have come across as one of the most weak/ powerless military forces ever
and dont start with the `well russia have a bigger army`..
this entire affair, ukraine soldiers have barely lifted a finger

makes me sick..

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by eliuk

Ukraine has backed away and allowed Russia to do as they please... Sooner or later they will need to step up or they continue to be walked on by everyone around them.... I have been in many fights in my life time, fights that I didn't pick and knew the other guy would likely win, but I've always found its better to fight and lose then to not fight at all and back away like a coward... You win some, you lose some, but you live to fight another day... I'm not an advocate of war by any means, but when someone just walks onto your land and declares it theirs you need to stand up for yourself...
edit on 22-3-2014 by jhn7537 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 03:06 PM
link   

jhn7537
reply to post by eliuk

Ukraine has backed away and allowed Russia to do as they please... Sooner or later they will need to step up or they continue to be walked on by everyone around them.... I have been in many fights in my life time, fights that I didn't pick and new the other guy would likely win, but I've always found its better to fight and lose then to not fight at all and back away like a coward... You win some, you lose some, but you live to fight another day... I'm not an advocate of war by any means, but when someone just walks onto your land and declares it theirs you need to stand up for yourself...

Absolutly
remember the yom kippur war
israel had NO help from nato/ usa/ europe..
and it was israel, the size of wales
against 7 arab nations

it didnt allow itself to be invaded
it didnt sit there and say `we are outnumbered 10 to 1`

it stood up for itself and won

i hate to bring up israel as an example as now im going to get all the `israel control the world and those evil zionists` cookeys hop onto this thread, but my point is

ukraine with barely a whimper, allowed themselves to have their own country (Crimea was part of their country), invaded, to be pushed around without even a shot

theyve even had commanders kidnapped, soldiers killed, soldiers injured.. and its still continuing

they STILL will not attempt to fight back...

i have zero respect for people who do not stand up for themselves even if they are out numbered
edit on 22-3-2014 by eliuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by eliuk

Yes, especially when you HAVE A MILITARY.... Million dollar question here is, why even have one if you refuse to use it? Do you have a military for all the smaller guys in the region or do you have one to protect your country from all threats, both foreign and domestic???

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 04:22 PM
link   
I have been waiting for the Ukrainian army to retaliate in order to defend themselves and so far there hasn't been much in the way of retaliation. What I do admire is the soldiers trying to stick it out. It is fair to say the Ukrainian army appeared to be woefully under-equipped due to years of corruption when they were serving under the former President Viktor Yanukovych. As well as losing Crimea, Ukraine has now lost at least 1/3 of its Air Force capability and dependent on what reports you read some soldiers have defected to Russia. Ukraine needs military help and the UN Security Council needs to do something.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 04:28 PM
link   

ProfessorT
I have been waiting for the Ukrainian army to retaliate in order to defend themselves and so far there hasn't been much in the way of retaliation. What I do admire is the soldiers trying to stick it out. It is fair to say the Ukrainian army appeared to be woefully under-equipped due to years of corruption when they were serving under the former President Viktor Yanukovych. As well as losing Crimea, Ukraine has now lost at least 1/3 of its Air Force capability and dependent on what reports you read some soldiers have defected to Russia. Ukraine needs military help and the UN Security Council needs to do something.

Ukraine might need military help, but they are never going to get it from the US as long as Russia have a say in it.

The US can not do anything but barck at the Russians, unless the US want to start ww3.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 04:31 PM
link   

spy66

ProfessorT

Ukraine might need military help, but they are never going to get it from the US as long as Russia have a say in it.

The US can not do anything but barck at the Russians, unless the US want to start ww3.

Exactly

Maybe this is the goal

To provoke Ukraine to attack, so they have an excuse to massacare, and then when other countries finally get involved to protect Ukraine, its ww3

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 05:15 PM
link   
If true, not good news.

Adin of Crimea ‏@RealCrimea 14m
Shock wave from explosion #Kherson region #Ukraine felt 30 km away

Adin of Crimea ‏@RealCrimea 16m
#BREAKING #Kherson region #Ukraine, explosion kills #Ukraine soldier. ( photo/video ) www.unian.net...

edit on k051503bpmSat, 22 Mar 2014 17:15:55 -0500 by khimbar because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 05:19 PM
link   
I can't really see any other outcome at the moment other than this crisis ending in war. Vladimir Putin is acting like he doesn't care about the sanctions that have been imposed and is playing a tit-for-tat game. In my opinion he clearly showed this via his Spetsnaz soldiers storming Belbek Air Force Base in the manner they did today. The sanctions placed on Russia have been having an effect despite what Russian media say. There was a pretty good report within one of those live update blogs from Interpreter Mag showing graphs, etc.

However, there are only so many sanctions you can impose on a country before it starts to have a boomerang affect on other countries economies so this is why I think later down the line military action will be used. It doesn't have to be the US but their government likes to get involved in everything. The thing is, it needs a joint effort from NATO and the EU. There are only so many OSCE monitors and UN peacekeepers you can place on the ground before stuff hits the fan. Putin wants a war - it is clear he is not going to stop with Crimea - he wants Ukraine in Russia.
edit on 22-3-2014 by ProfessorT because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 06:10 PM
link   

khimbar
If true, not good news.

Adin of Crimea ‏@RealCrimea 14m
Shock wave from explosion #Kherson region #Ukraine felt 30 km away

Adin of Crimea ‏@RealCrimea 16m
#BREAKING #Kherson region #Ukraine, explosion kills #Ukraine soldier. ( photo/video ) www.unian.net...

edit on k051503bpmSat, 22 Mar 2014 17:15:55 -0500 by khimbar because: (no reason given)

That's strange, it reminds me of this post a day or two ago when there was an explosion on video at the "Krivoy Rog Ukraine tank depot of the 17th Armored Division ".

Stranger still was the fact that it was never mentioned anywhere else. If I had to guess I would say sabotage but I don't get why nobody is covering them.. Even if they were accidents, it would make sense to report them as accidents..

top topics

<< 234  235  236    238  239  240 >>

join