It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's going on at Yellowstone part 2

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Heard on 'Coast 2 Coast' last night that there were sections of YS being cordoned off, 'he said" being evacuated", because of a lot of harmonic tremors. Any one else hear of these things, and what truth is there?

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 09:27 AM
link   
a reply to: palg1

I think that TA would have been on that like a duck on a junebug...way before Coast-To-Coast.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 10:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jansy
a reply to: palg1

I think that TA would have been on that like a duck on a junebug...way before Coast-To-Coast.

Yes, I would have. It is total, complete, utter 100% BS. There has never been any tremor detected at YS, much less HARMONIC tremor.

I actually heard about this from a friend, who approached me and asked "So why didn't you tell me about them evacuating YS?" I LMAO. He said he heard it on the radio. I actually then asked him, guessing, if by chance it was on the C2C show- figuring a fair amount of nutjobs get on that show. He says "Yep, some caller called in and said to go look at the seismos at isthisthingon.org, and you could see the magma coming up."

ROFL. This is simply another case of "idiot tries to read seismograph and fails miserably, then calls a radio show with his untrue findings."

Funny thing is, I used to be one of those. But that was 12 years ago. I monitor the park's seismos daily with spectrographs to insure I never make that mistake again- and with exception of the situation that happened when the Japan 9.0 quake hit (lol, I know, embarrassing)- I think I've been pretty accurate in delivering news here about seismicity at YS.

That said, there are times occasionally when the park has to close specific areas of YS for various reasons. It''s a supervolcano. Things change, areas heat up, cool down, uplift and subside. Gas emissions vary, and heat distribution varies in the rocks. It's all part of the flow there. Things could change for the worse at any moment there, that is true, but so far the scientists have been right. Seismic tomography suggests there is just simply not enough melted, eruptable magma down there to cause an eruption. At least for now.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Sorta figured that was the case, but thought I'd touch base here before spreading any "BS".

Thanks again TA

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Thought this was kinda cool of Yellowstone

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: SeekingDepth

Thanks for posting. I really enjoyed that. It made me go and look at other pictures.

I watch the seismo's up in Canada, and I find when something is going on at yellowstone, it registers here.

www.earthquakescanada.nrcan.gc.ca...

There's some activity here, but haven's seen too much at yellowstone.

Wondering if something is in the making.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 08:43 AM
link   
OK, so I need some great minds to explain this for me

imgur.com/a/J636S

I was looking at weather models on this website, and started playing around with the other layers, and turned on COsc - which I'm assuming is carbon monoxide. The attached image is today's CO concentration around the Yellowstone area. The second highest concentration in the US is the east-coast metropolitan area (NYC, Philly, DC), and that still looks like nothing compared to the Yellowstone area.

CO2 levels don't seem too abnormal at all. So what's going on?

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 09:00 AM
link   
a reply to: FarCrowd

This morning I woke up and did my usual check of EQ's and Wyoming caught my eye. earthquake.usgs.gov...

M 4.8 - 38km E of Hoback, Wyoming

V
DYFI?
V
ShakeMap
GREEN
PAGER
Time
2016-08-27 20:47:47 (UTC)
Depth
10.0 km

So when I saw your post I did a search and found this article.. Published on the 18th of this month.
www.express.co.uk...

Highly concentrated levels of CO2 at Yellowstone prompt fears of violent eruption RAISED levels of carbon dioxide at America’s famous Yellowstone Park has prompted fears that the deadly volcano beneath is on the verge of a catastrophic explosion.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Yeah, I saw that article as well - did a quick Google search prior to posting. I'm going to say it's not unusual to have some shaking going on out there, but the high concentration of CO2 can't be normal.

a reply to: MamaJ

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 09:57 AM
link   
a reply to: FarCrowd

In my daily checks of eqs since 2011 this is one of the biggest ones.

Also have you seen this thread? www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 09:20 AM
link   
there were several incidents on YS lately....dying fish in lake yellowstone for example...
ofcourse there are all logical explanations for it individual....(it is an restless volcano!)
but if you bring all events together yes they could be connected...
nobody shall dare to elevate YS status.....such an thing would have an bigger inpact on the financial markets than 9/11 ever did...

if she blows we will be warned...ofcourse they couldend warn earlier couse nobody ever withnissed an supervolcano eruption...
an !a reply to: FarCrowd

edit on 29-8-2016 by ressiv because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 08:09 PM
link   
a reply to: ressiv

Nah, I don't think they'd light that fire early. They'd pull a 'Deep Impact'. Governments would be aware, and quietly prepare to keep life rolling, but they know if they alert the public it would end in mass chaos. Personally, if it was my destiny to die due to Yellowstone blowing, I'd say put me at the caldera like Woody Harrelson in 2012. I want a front row seat for that spectacle.

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Um excuse me, why did I feel the 7:06 eq in Yellowstone just now when I live in Dallas

s waves drove me east and west for 20 seconds.......

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Small swarm near Hebgen Lake is still twitching, putting out small quakes M2.3 or less. I got eyes on it, but this is barely worth posting as it is. 2 of them are up on USGS right now, but they haven't posted the others yet. We're looking at about 15 events so far in the last day. But it could intensify, so I keep watch.

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueAmerican

There's two spots near Yellowstone that are swarmy. The lake, and to the northwest in Montana. Here's a graph and I'm having trouble figuring out if there's more spots, because they are slow to update the earthquakes. And, let's not forget it started on a weekend, and Yellowstone doesn't do earthquakes on Saturdays, Sundays, or statutory holidays. Yellowstone is only noisy on weekdays.

edit on 26-9-2016 by ericblair4891 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 09:09 AM
link   
A 2.8 quake, followed by a couple of smaller ones, just hit right in the Sour Creek resurgent dome at Yellowstone.

earthquake.usgs.gov...

Here is a picture of the domes:
pubs.usgs.gov...

Not good. No, not good at all. I don't worry much about activity at YS any more, but give me quakes anywhere but THERE or at the lake bulge. Note that is an automatic magnitude. I saw it come in on my rig, and I would estimate it to be lower, about 1.9 to 2.2. But note the depth at 0km. That means it was shallow as can be, even after they revise it. We'll see after the YVO gets a hold of it. I hate when this starts happening on weekends. Won't be any updates till Monday probably. Meaning now I gotta watch it like a hawk.

So, what if I refuse, and leave the world to get buried in a cloud of ash? I don't get paid for this, ya know?

edit on Sat Nov 26th 2016 by TrueAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 12:04 PM
link   

You may not get paid, but you'd have the eternal (or however long civilization lingered) gratitude of a good # of people.

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 01:03 PM
link   
I´m wondering if you see the position of the recent EQ´s of yelly quake.utah.edu...
you see an half circulair pattern...
is that the bondery of the plume closest to the surface..?

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 04:16 PM
link   
We have a small swarm that has started near the lake. Over 20 events so far, but it keeps on going. I'ma watchin it.

isthisthingon.org...
edit on Sat Feb 18th 2017 by TrueAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Well, Yellowstone could get an upset tummy and have a small belch. It has erupted before in the not too distant past without catastrophic results, but that wouldn't make anyone any less nervous.

And there is simply no good guarantee it will erupt at all.

We will hope it stays underground where it belongs.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join