It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's going on at Yellowstone part 2

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 06:17 PM
link   
a reply to: ericblair4891

I was driving home from work tonight and on the side of the road was a carcass. At first I thought it was a coyote, I turned around and went back and it was a female wolf.

Sad to see that. First time for me seeing a wolf in the wild and it's dead.

I cried.

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Hi TA, I am wondering if you have noticed the change in this site and the inability of it to receive regular data to archive and what your take on his explanation might be?
Yellowstone Seismograms

I've always gotten my images from the University of Utah, a.k.a. the UUSS. And sometime on the evening of April 4th, 2016, they suddenly completely changed how they provide those images. Rather, they got rid of those images. I'm therefore unable to archive them anymore or present them to you in the efficient fashion you've come to know and love.

From what I can tell so far about their changes, seismographic images have now become just "seismographic image." Every seismogram now shows only and exactly the past 24 hours of its life, as if they don't want anyone having the ability to look at its history even two days later. The filenames don't even have anything in them anymore but the station's ID. The only way for me to compensate for this is to only download each station's image once a day and then stick it in the archives. That means they'd never be live again. You'd have to go use their site to get live images. They couldn't have invented a better way to break my site if they tried. I'm not saying they were trying, but...

...but I don't know of another source for the old-style images. If you do, or have a better idea for how to compensate for the New Seismic Order, please write. If you don't, maybe utilizing the first link on this page instead will do more good. (But please be civil, internets.) I'm still waiting to hear back from them about whether the old-style seismograms are still being generated somewhere; they may be. But if not, there's no way I alone will ever get them to bring them back.

In his update for April 6, 2016.

It's official. I got the following response: "For now, we will have only one day. We'll be working on having multiple days eventually. The old style Webicorders are no longer being generated." Which begs the question, why did they stop making them if they plan to start making them again "eventually?" Why do they consider restricting the amount of data they serve as an "improvement?" Sure, it's prettier now maybe, but it's almost completely useless. My conclusion: this was all intentional. They don't want us knowing anymore, and they'll never bring back the old-style seismograms. That or they were licensing the webicorder-generation software and decided they weren't going to pay for it anymore (exceedingly-unlikely, but I do know that Swarm, what they're using now, is free). I literally can't think of any other explanations... but I guarantee you that no true scientist would act like this. To scientists, more data is always better, and less data is always worse. This was not done for any scientific reason. This was all politics... unless they're trying to hide some event that they know is almost here...

I also noticed with NOAA as well that it is like a mirror image not an interactive one and that only the 'event mode' buoys can be opened? Thoughts?

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 11:51 PM
link   
a reply to: whatnext21

The data has not been restricted at all. If it was I wouldn't be seeing what I am looking at right now. But for whatever reason, UoU has decided to leave the data displaying up to the YVO instead. These things happen sometimes as seismic networks change. Sometimes key people move on. Sometimes they close a bunch of stations. Sometimes they change who is responsible for certain areas. It's all part of the evolving era. The guy at isthisthingon.org just happened to have the underpinnings of his site yanked out from underneath him as a consequence of these decisions. That is all. It's not the UoU's fault he was using their data the way he was.

So people had better get used to it. Everyone interested in following YS, bookmark this link if you don't have it already:
volcanoes.usgs.gov...

And don't worry, cause I still have your backs. Even when they don't report swarms, or when they happen on the weekends, I will still either post here or start a new thread. I be a watchin.

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Stumbled across this and thought it was relevant. As pointed out we should also be looking around Yellowstone for activity.

A small hydrothermal feature spouted to life March 25 in the Shoshone River where it meanders through Cody, Wyo. — just east of Yellowstone National Park’s more famous geyser features — spewing a brew of heated gases into the water for about four days.
“I was surprised to see it,” said Dewey Vanderhoff, a Cody photographer who captured shots of the venting. “I’ve lived here all of my life and I’ve never seen it.”

billingsgazette.com... b65.html

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 06:20 AM
link   
4.3 West Yellowstone, Montana , 9.9km (6.2mi)

earthquake.usgs.gov...

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 10:16 AM
link   
not looking good...

It also appears some sites trying to censor data which is total non sense of course. Everyone has the right to get his/her info on the net.
edit on 14-6-2016 by Eagleyedobserver because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: crappiekat

Another one just came in

M4.0 - 52km W of West Yellowstone, Montana

44.733°N 111.765°W depth=9.7 km (6.0 mi)

Nearby Places
52.0 km (32.3 mi) W of West Yellowstone, Montana
100.0 km (62.1 mi) N of Rexburg, Idaho
119.0 km (73.9 mi) SSW of Bozeman, Montana
141.0 km (87.6 mi) N of Ammon, Idaho
207.0 km (128.6 mi) S of Helena, Montana

USGS

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 05:08 AM
link   
3.1 West Yellowstone, Montana. 4.1km (2.5mi)

earthquake.usgs.gov...

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Another one.

3.4 W of West Yellowstone, Montana. (6.3mi)

earthquake.usgs.gov...

edit on 20-6-2016 by crappiekat because: to add link

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 10:01 AM
link   
If you are into watching supervolcanos, a good one to watch right now is Lake Taupo New Zealand. Southern Hemisphere might be in for something BIG soon.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: mrsdudara

Hi Mrsdudara,

Thanks for the info. If you would like to share.

Please add anything of interest to this link.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Volcano Watch 2015/2016
edit on 21-6-2016 by crappiekat because: to add link

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 10:50 AM
link   
A small quake swarm has come and (apparently) gone at Yellowstone Lake. It was about 20 events or so, the largest of which was a 2.1. That one you can see on the USGS map, but they haven't reported the others yet.

At issue here is not the swarm so much as it is the location and depth. Depth: .2 km? That's almost at the surface!

Location: extremely way too close to the notorious bulge near the north shore of the lake. Almost right on it. Makes me wonder if something is happening to the bulge. In all honesty though, the 2.1 magnitude is more suggestive of hydrothermal activity rather than magma movement. And even that's debatable- because if you pull the scientific data on that 2.1, one of the close station channels registered that quake as a 4.1 automatic magnitude.

Nonetheless, it appears to have started and quit for the moment.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 02:18 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueAmerican

I'm going there this August! (Would be cool to feel a quake)

I'll be taking all sorts of pics.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: westcoast

I am looking forward to seeing your pictures.

I have never been to Yellowstone. The place just fascinates me.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Does anyone know if this is true?

Source

Yellowstone Evacuated: Experts Claim ‘Super Volcano’ Could Erupt Within Weeks

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: sled735

I would doubt it. Since the one source I have who obsessively monitors every hiccup the park makes isn't saying anything about it, I'm guessing your source is wrong.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 06:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: sled735
Does anyone know if this is true?

Source

Yellowstone Evacuated: Experts Claim ‘Super Volcano’ Could Erupt Within Weeks

I live in Montana and well within range of pyroclastic flows if Yellowstone blows its cork and I haven't heard a thing. I'm saying... Probably crap.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Thanks! I was getting ready to bug out!

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 11:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: sled735

I would doubt it. Since the one source I have who obsessively monitors every hiccup the park makes isn't saying anything about it, I'm guessing your source is wrong.

And just who might that be?

A search at the Civic Tribune for that article came up empty:
civictribune.com...

That was linked as the source. Besides, if Yellowstone was doing anything, anything at all, I'd be screaming bloody murder. And I'm just barely whispering.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueAmerican

Thank you. Turns out this was an article posted in 2014, making it's way around again.

Seems the fear mongers had nothing to scream about right now, so they posted this and removed the date.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join