It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Vitamin C keeps cancer at bay, US research suggests.'

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 06:23 AM
link   
I would refer anyone to the threads on Liposomal Vitamin C, here on ATS. (you should search for them, as I do not want to bias any particular thread on it).

This method of preparing vitamin C is supposed to be equivalent to taking Vitamin C injections, as it encapsulates the vitamin C molecules in a coating of Lecithin, allowing it to pass through the digestive system without harm, thus giving you a super dose. I swear by it, but you need to make up your own mind as to it's effectiveness.

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 06:45 AM
link   
reply to post by charlyv

I know that was aimed at everyone, but I'll be checking those out, thanks charlyv!

edit on 9-2-2014 by beansidhe because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 06:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Aleister

It's more common to use sodium ascorbate for IV use... but ascorbic acid is better orally. It might have something to do with putting even a mild acid right into one's veins.

Liposomal C is believed (due to clinical trials) to raise the blood levels to, or surpassing, IV levels even, as odd as that seems. And it delivers several multiples more c than straight powder or pills.

Either way, it can help with cancer, especially in conjunction with other things, like Maitake 'shrooms, etc. Lack of c is tied to heart disease, too (the arterial blockage) according to Pauling and anecdotal testimony... but it can't be patented, thus no money, thus nothing to be heard from the medical profession in large part, though there are a growing number who promote it.

It does alot besides keeping us alive... and since it's lack in us is due to a mutation (most likely) it's debatable whether or not it's even a "vitamin," technically.
edit on 2/9/2014 by Baddogma because: crctn

edit on 2/9/2014 by Baddogma because: trypos

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 06:56 AM
link   

beansidhe
reply to post by charlyv

I know that was aimed at everyone, but I'll be checking those out, thanks charlyv!

edit on 9-2-2014 by beansidhe because: (no reason given)

And you are most welcome.

The great thing about ATS, is that it is also a database of everything, with incredible testimony!

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 07:52 AM
link   

charlyv
I would refer anyone to the threads on Liposomal Vitamin C, here on ATS. (you should search for them, as I do not want to bias any particular thread on it).

This method of preparing vitamin C is supposed to be equivalent to taking Vitamin C injections, as it encapsulates the vitamin C molecules in a coating of Lecithin, allowing it to pass through the digestive system without harm, thus giving you a super dose. I swear by it, but you need to make up your own mind as to it's effectiveness.

Found a thread with information and a recipe for Liposomal Vitamin C. This recipe should be effective at preventing and killing Swine Flu and other plagues.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 9-2-2014 by bumjuicer101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 07:56 AM
link   

yorkshirelad
Before folks go of on the usual suppression rants. On the other side of the coin is the research that show that anti-oxidants (such as vitamin C and E) can promote cancer growth. The reason being that the anti oxidants de-activate a gene p53 whose job it is to destroy cells with defective genes ie cancer cells.

That was on genetically engineered mice, designed specifically to show such effect with antioxidants.

The study relies on a common sleight of hand in the pharma (or general 'sickness industry') sponsored mercenary pseudo-science, when they want to "prove" that inexpensive, non-patentable substance X which is actually good for you, "causes" cancer -- they give X to mice bred specifically to develop cancers they wish to blame on X. After the coarse grained form of the "discovery" story is retold in mass media, it becomes "X causes cancer."

To see exactly how this sleight of hand works, consider substance X that improves circulation and promotes growth and vitality of blood vessels (e.g. gingko biloba, arganine, etc), which are all the effects normally good for you. But if you get a cancer, then cancer will use the improved blood supplies and stronger angiogenesis to feed itself, hence it will grow faster than if you had poor circulation and suppressed angiogenesis. That is then twisted, usually by mass media, to declare "X causes cancer." In fact the cancer was caused by the genes that were deliberately bred into this type mice.

More generally, onset of cancer turns values upside down -- what was good for you when you were healthy, becomes bad for you when you get cancer, since cancer will co-opt it for its own growth. What was bad for you (poor circulation, cellular toxins and pro-oxidants, heavy metals, chemo, etc) becomes good for you, since it may affect cancerous cells more than the non-cancerous cells.

A useful analogy illustrating the nature of this reversal of values in cancer, is to consider human society as a (super-)organism, which it is in many ways. In a peacetime, roads and other transport systems are good for the social organism. But in the case of war, the good transport systems often becomes a major downside since the enemy can use those roads to advance its troops and boost supply lines. In contrast, poor transportation in peacetime is bad for the social organism (backward nations). But it is also bad for the potential enemy during war. This can be easily observed on historical examples, such as WWII, where German blitzkrieg conquered the more developed nations, such as France, Netherlands, Poland very quickly, while it got bogged down in the backwards Balkans, with lots of mountains and few roads, and never really had control of those territories (except for the major cities, which were few in numbers). Similarly, in more recent wars, the backwards, mountainous undeveloped Afghanistan (or jungles of Vietnam) is practically impossible to conquer, while the more developed Iraq was overrun in weeks.

Hence, the above style of mercenary "science" using cancer mice to "prove" alleged carcinogenicity of wholesome Vitamin C or E is analogous to mislabeling transport systems and other infrastructure as a national weakness, and advocating going back to stone age, by demonstrating how much quicker the nation can be conquered if their infrastructure is good.

It is also analogous to policies which mislabel personal liberty and privacy as harmful and deadly, by showing how terrorists (or drug dealers, crazies, etc) can take advantage of those liberties and privacy to cause harm. These are all the same kind of scams as the above "study" scaring people away from the vitamins C and E.

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Every time I hear someone claims that liposomal Vitamin C is nothing more than maintenance for your health, i.e. prevent Scurvy, I must remind them to watch this 60 minutes presentation which made me realize that we are all being lied to by Western Medicine.

How to make Liposomal Vitamin C

Vitamin C: The Miracle Swine Flu Cure (60 Minutes) "Living Proof" Time:17m48s

Sirric

edit on 9/2/14 by sirric because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by sirric

And swine flu too? Wow. Thanks sirric

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Raw animal flesh is saturated with Vitamin C; that was the finding from Linus Pauling that led him to believe that we should take high daily doses; when mankind started cooking the vast majority of their meat, and most of their vegetables also, we greatly lowered our intake of vitamin C. Now add in a craptastic load of new toxins and radioactivity in our environment courtesy of the last 100 years of 'civilization' and you have an assault on our immune systems that cooked tomatoes, pasteurized stale orange juice and 'fortified' junk food can't begin to protect us from.

Add in the knowledge that our veggies and fruits have been hybridized to be sweeter and less bitter (the bitter taste being B17 or amygdalin or the infamous Laetrile) and you see the problem; natural cancer protectants have been removed from our diet and the toxins are out in force.

Gee, you'd almost think that the plan was to kill us all off...

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Aleister
Maybe with E, but I think this is incorrect regarding C, as that would be counter-intuitive. Please list sources on this one. Thanks.

I would not hold your breath, cause he does not know what the hell he is talking about, he's talking nonsense. I recommend at least a 1000 mg's of vitamin C a day. Just my advice, and nobody has to take it.
~$heopleNation

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by beansidhe

What is the pH of Cancer ??? IF they ever tell that then we would whether its Citric Acid or Bicarbonate of Soda that's our friend.

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 10:05 PM
link   
I am an avid user of Liposomal Vit C since March 2013. I have had great
success with it helping my pain, anxiety, migraines, high blood pressure, ADHD
& other. I have not had any illnesses since I started. I take close to 14g a day
& I might up my dose a little more due to stress at the moment.
I found the info here on ATS, Julie Washington's threads. I monitored people's
results for a year before I began the Lipo Vit C. It does take dedication and I will
be making a new batch tomorrow.

Cheers
Ektar

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Aleister

reply to post by Antigod

I think you both got it partially correct.

It's estimated that ~2% of our blood sugar was utilized in the process of making ascorbic acid in huge amounts when under stress.

The theory goes that it was not only due to the fact that we had lush vegetation from which to get citrus (or just c containing) fruits from, but also due to famine, and near starvation.

So the ones who had the mutated gene which disabled the production of ascorbic acid, had that extra 2% glucose/energy to keep them alive. Rinse and repeat for however many changes in habitat/climate through famines, and all that's left is homo sapiens with the inability to produce AA.

Another interesting thing is that we have many other antioxidants in our diet, and that the liver still synthesizes. It seems that in healthy individuals, not much c is needed. As you take more c, you'll stop producing other antioxidants like glutathione at the same rate. Once sick, it likely does help the body out. I have no doubt it helps seriously ill individuals of a wide range of diseased states.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Since it's mainly pharma companies who manufacture Vitamin C I don't think it really matters whether they can patent it or not.
However, you CAN patent a vitamin if it's in a specific protocol or in a specific compound so that quashes that particular falsehood.
Here's one.
www.americanhealthus.com...

However, I was reading about this today and it seems they have jumped the gun a fair bit on this and "slightly" exaggerated the effects and "slightly" underestimated the dosages required...

scienceblogs.com...

Back to the drawing board again.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 08:15 AM
link   

I'd prefer ALL financial profit motive to be removed from medicine in general, but as that probably will never happen i'd settle for a new law that states any drug company who wishes to flog their product in a certain country are lawfully and legally required to fund government and University trials into alternative forms of treatment such as VC and B17, Cannabinoids etc.

If they refuse, they don't get a licence to operate..simple.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 08:23 AM
link   

steaming

What is the pH of Cancer ??? IF they ever tell that then we would whether its Citric Acid or Bicarbonate of Soda that's our friend.

The pH of cancer is exactly the same as all of your "normal" cells.
Cancer being acidic is a myth and physiologically impossible.
That came about from the discovery that as a by-product of their metabolism, cancer cells produce lactic acid. They don't feed off it though.
Irrespective of that, if you ingest citric acid or bicarb they'll be neutralised by your digestion system before they reach your blood.
If you inject them directly, you'll probably die.
edit on 12/2/14 by Pardon? because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 10:35 AM
link   

MysterX

I'd prefer ALL financial profit motive to be removed from medicine in general, but as that probably will never happen i'd settle for a new law that states any drug company who wishes to flog their product in a certain country are lawfully and legally required to fund government and University trials into alternative forms of treatment such as VC and B17, Cannabinoids etc.

If they refuse, they don't get a licence to operate..simple.

Absolutely agreed, well said

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 12:11 PM
link   

High does IV Vit C, or Liposomal Vit C both deliver Vit C directly to the cells.

The Liposomal Vit C is better in my opinion, because it is encapsulated with a lipid film (oil bubble) and because of this feature, upon reaching the cell membrane (also a lipid) of your body the capsule will open up and directly inject the Vit C into the inner cell.

This is crucial, because once Vit C is entered into the cell body, it acts as a RNA replication preventer!

Viruses, Cancer cells etc. all require the ability to manipulate RNA/DNA within a cell to cause it to replicate uncontrollably. Without cellular replication, cancer cannot grow, viruses cannot multiply etc.

This is why IMO liposomal Vit C, should be a daily consummation product, even if just 1 oz a day, you can keep your body virus free and keep each cell in your body protected from RNA manipulation.

If you make it yourself at home the cost is only about $0.25 per once.

God Bless,

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by ElohimJD

Thanks, ElohimJD!

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Dr. Mark Levine, an internationally acclaimed researcher at the National Institutes of Health, led a team of researchers to analyze the cancer-killing effect of high-dose vitamin C treatment. They discovered that after a high dose and rapid intravenous infusion of vitamin C, large concentrations of vitamin C can be reached in the extracellular space. There, vitamin C reacts with the molecular oxygen within tumors and generates large amounts of hydrogen peroxide, which is lethal to tumor cells that produce only small amounts of catalase (cancer cells).

The research at the National Institutes of Health has proven that in order to consistently achieve the concentration of vitamin C sufficient to provoke oxidation, a patient must receive dozens of grams of intravenous infusions of vitamin C. Oral administration is completely ineffective in this regard. A number of published case reports show that repeated high-dose intravenous vitamin C treatments yield objective tumor regression. These case reports are so compelling that intravenous vitamin C therapy is currently being formally evaluated in clinical trials at the NIH.

<< 1    3 >>

join