It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Power Of Words.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 02:24 AM
link   
So what is your estimation of the power of your words? The words you speak and write.

Words can mean life and death. If you reply to this thread how much power do the words you write in your post contain.

How do I or you add more power to my words that I write here. Perhaps this is my maximum power at writing. Do you feel me?

Not with power but with Spirit. All i'm trying to say is that words are a sharp sword. They can also root and hold you fast into life and steer the course of your ship if your body is to be called a ship.

What construction of words are you going to place on this foundational cornerstone I lie here which is this first post. What do you have to say? Perhaps record yourself here as we pass through time.

I'm on a mission myself. I seek to defeat death and aging and sickness and suffering and pain. Perhaps i'm more of a cheer leader in these areas with only really words and internet to fight these things.

How much power do words have. How important are your words? Bring your noise. Make some noise.

I hope my house can bare the flood of your words. What you say?

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 02:36 AM
link   
words are meaningless compared to the intentions behind them.

the strength in words are directly determined by the moralistic values of the speaker.

any idiot can be kind, it takes a warrior to do the right thing.

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 02:38 AM
link   
reply to post by leeda

Jesus said "the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life"

edit on 8-2-2014 by Ove38 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 03:00 AM
link   
Words are sounds with meaning.

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 03:34 AM
link   
All i can say on the matter is that no other animal can talk, and none of them are at war with themselves.

So i would say words are pretty damned powerful, probably the most powerful thing to ever have existed on earth. They can move mountains and rivers, create lakes and cause wars.

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 03:39 AM
link   

We are word and idea junkies; we are addicted to semantic systems.

This means that we use words/ideas with an unchallenged confidence that they bear a somewhat accurate correspondence to the actual state of things, Reality.

Within a limited context this may be somewhat true. We can record information, instructions, recipes, etc. in words, and another human will be able to use those words to approximate the "real-world" conditions we intended to refer to. This semantic functionality has apparently given our species a large evolutionary advantage.

BUT... for "spirituality", inquiry into Reality, into our true condition, words/ideas are worse than useless. They are potentially our biggest impediment.

This is because we may tend to assume that the objects/actions which words refer to, ACTUALLY EXIST IN THE WAY THE WORDS THAT REFER TO THEM SEEM TO DEFINE THEM. That is, we may tend to view our experience as being actually made up of the objects and actions that the words we are using to describe it imply.

This is a fundamental mistake, due to the fact that ALL experience is in actuality an infinite, constantly changing, non-repeating, indefinable (in any final way), unpatterned field of miraculously appearing Radiantly Present "energies" existing nowhere else than IN experience, perceived by unknowable, miraculously appearing "consciousness". But our use of words implies that objects and actions may actually exist in the way we refer to them, as knowable, definable objectively existing "beings", "things" and "situations".

This is actually NOT the case.

theopendoorway.org...

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 03:58 AM
link   
I don't have any words of wisdom to offer you.
Words have a lot of power. They can make you feel good and make you feel like #.

I could tell you look beautiful today and it will make you feel that way.
If I say you look pale, are you not feeling well, you don't look very good. Then you might feel sick.

Verbal abuse can be brutal.
Whereas compliments lift you up.

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 05:02 AM
link   
Do words have power?
You only have to look at what the msm has done to the entire population of the world for the answer.

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 05:05 AM
link   
Words definitely have power for life and death are in the tongue. Spoken words effect us, our families, friends and the world around us in general. They can create massive terror through war and other means or they can bring joy, comfort and peace. Be mindful for what you speak, your words have power.

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 05:12 AM
link   
Word's only hold power if you believe in them. I could say, sing and spit out a million things but depending on what kind of person you are they will have varying degrees of an effect upon your emotion's or what you think. It also depends on how you say thing's, tone and pitch of voice, (extremely important if giving order's) not to mention music works as an effective tool, don't underestimate the power of word's.

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 05:15 AM
link   
reply to post by blueyezblkdragon

good points

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 05:18 AM
link   
Here is a way to make a book free that would otherwise cost something. Unglue.it At unglue.it they make books free as ebooks woth your help. Here is a book they are freeing now.

Help me unglue the book Dave on Earth and make it a free ebook.
unglue.it...

There is loads of free ebooks and more you can set free

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 05:18 AM
link   
Even a song on words...

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 05:22 AM
link   
words... there are an infinite number of ways to say "no"

but find only one way to "do", "be", "live".

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 05:56 AM
link   
Good thread!

I think the power of the words usually depends on who is speaking them.
It really runs the whole spectrum. On one hand, "The pen is mightier than the sword".
On the other hand, "Talk is cheap."

A single sentence, uttered from a wise person, is worth more than a long speech from a fool.
I had a very cool, very wise uncle that was a personal hero of mine. I remember statements he
made decades ago. His words had tremendous power for me.

Here are a few of my favorite "Word" quotes:

Words can light fires in the minds of men. Words can wring tears from the hardest hearts.
... Patrick Rothfuss

When will you learn that there isn't a word for everything?
...Nicole Krauss

If you could say it in words, there would be no reason to paint.
...Edward Hopper

A careless word may kindle strife.
A hateful word can wreck a life.
A timely word may level stress.
A loving word can heal and bless.

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 06:39 AM
link   
Words have the power to heal and harm. Which words do you choose. I'm pretty sure that what your saying is that words can affect change.

I think it good to think of putting controls in when your not angry to avoid further anger or at least control it or diminish or understand the anger to further get rid of it or at least control it and not sin in your anger. To develop an endurance. If you fall ill or sick you will be angry and grumpy possibly. Don't expect to be always able to find the right words. You might not be able to call out.

Possibly you could put large and multiple pillars in your body which some call a temple. Do you understand this? Have a guess at it. What is your opinion about what I just said.

Why can't our words stop aggression and war and poverty from right here, is there enough power?. I'm sure the truth will set us free. People are so violent and aggressive and want everything there own way and want everyone to be there slave.

Money can affect your words. People can be paid to say things. But really what is the truth. The truth is a pillar if you can build it and lean on it for support. Thinkg is though I can't tell you what the truth is I don't know myself. Seek the Truth in Love.

I think we lack a lot of truth and are in the dark which produces useless and evil words and love has grown cold.

1 Corinthians 13:1 If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal.

How do I know i'm speaking in love?

Some truth is that there is extreme suffering in the world which gets overlooked. Suffering needs to be dealt to. Death needs to be destroyed as the last enemy.

What select choice of words will help poverty, poor people, hungry people. Which of my words will stop this pain tonight.

I think we need to look at ourselves first and remove the plank from our own eyes. I am relatively safe and apart from the govt tech invading my life I outwardly appear to have most things under control.

I'm just sitting here waiting for something to go wham and hit me and bring me great joy. I don't know how to bring it about or what it is. I have endured great suffering but I am no comfort to anyone not yet anyway.

So again what words of mine will effect positive change in the world. I think my words lack power and aren't advanced enough. The words of a disable. If you've read this far how have I affected you? What words do you choose to reply with.

How advanced are your words? Sometimes it's all timing. Words spoken 2-3 days earlier that only come into play after a certain event. But still your exact choice of words can all be considered very important. What sort of tech level do your words have.

Is it perhaps the more people that hear your words then they develop more power.

Science words are far to complex for me. I have trouble understanding basic science principles. These types of words though could develop solutions to problems for those able to use them.

Words could be considered a puzzle of construction. The way you construct your words conveys information. But having the ability to lie and lead people into falsehood and darkness is possible. This falseness needs to be marginalised and treated as an enemy. You need to be continually seeking the truth.

When the truth is found it will spread very rapidly and then everyone will know the same thing. It is also possible to fail to believe the truth but probably not the greatest truth if it's ever found.

So what technologically advanced words can you speak right now in this thread that will impact the world?

What words of life and love can you speak into the world right now this very moment?

Maybe you'll say "UM" and stutter. It does seem that we need more words. I guess no one has the words with this type of power.

Become a teacher. Post in this thread.

Leeda

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Language is symbolic. Any power in a word is the power of the emotions and connotations you bring to the symbolism.

You give the word any power it has, not the speaker or the writer.
edit on 8-2-2014 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Words effect me greatly. Maybe it means I'm overly sensitive and have issues, but things written to me in a post, times past, had made me become physically ill and mentally distraught. Very distraught. But from my own posting, I had hurt someone who removed his whole long post from a thread of mine, because I was lazy and careless with my.....words. I totally conveyed what I did not mean at all.

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Sticks and stones...

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Phage
Sticks and stones...

Nicely put...

...into words.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>