It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Valentine Greetings

page: 71
<< 68  69  70    72  73  74 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by AboveBoard

Vetivert is an amazing oil.....glad somebody else likes it....let alone heard of it!

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 10:35 AM
link   
There are no words.

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Tsu322

Oh, there are.

These are the words....

When I saw this for the first time, a few years ago, I was very tempted to reach through time and space, back into the time at which this heresy against music first occurred, and crush Mr Lions larynx with a giant sized spirit fist. There is something disgusting about someone delivering Metallica lyrics, without having the requisite style, not to mention testicular fortitude, to pull it off. That said, I think anyone who performs the allegedly musical style known as "rap" ought to be fed through a wood chipper and shot a few times just for good measure, that Fred Durst bastard especially.

Now, you might think my reaction to that video is a little extreme, but a friend of mine actually stood up, and put a kitchen chair through his television when he first saw this. By that standard, I am pretty moderate

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by jacygirl

I know back pain very, very well.

I have one herniated disc and one "repaired" ruptured disc in my lumbar, one 70% compression fracture at T6, and one 50% compression fracture at T7. Relatively severe problems on their own, however, I ALSO have severe osteoporosis (z-score of -3.9, if you want to look it up). To top everything else off, I also have epilepsy. This has resulted in me having to replace my hip once in the past couple years, and I broke it again about a year ago. The issues in my spine have also resulted in severe neuropathy in several parts of my limbs, as well as headaches, little sleep, etc.

The first seizure left me on the floor of my house for several days. That one almost got me..

So, when I sieze, I break bones! And the stress from so much pain gives me more seizures. A truly vicious cycle. The doctors say that pain doesnt cause seizures, stress does. They dont have many answers when I ask them what else would cause the stress other than CONSTANT SEARING PAIN! hahaha It took them a year or two to even read the radiology report to figure out I had broken bones in my spine.

Its totally awesome.

So, I get back pain.. thats for sure.
edit on 21-2-2014 by Serdgiam because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

I'm not laughing, honestly I'm not.

I'm thinking I should have put a warning up with that vid. I can picture you now, balled fists and shaking as you put an image of me on the dart board.

Thank you for not blocking me.

P.S. Please pay no attention to the ringtone in your inbox.

Peace offering...

edit on 2122014 by Tsu322 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Serdgiam

Have you ever heard of Pregabalin? My Mam takes it for her sciatica and anxiety. She swears by it. It works well for epilepsy too.

What is it used for? Epilepsy - used as an add-on therapy for adults with partial seizures with or without secondary generalisation. Nerve pain (peripheral and central neuropathic pain) in adults, for example due to diabetic neuropathy, following shingles (post-herpetic neuralgia) or due to spinal cord injury. Generalised anxiety disorder in adults. Read more: www.netdoctor.co.uk... Follow us: @NetDoctor on Twitter | NetDoctorUK on Facebook

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Hi guys

Had my touchy feely fluffy cuddles meeting with the HR department today

I tied the boss up in knots and even used my posts here as evidence......................Get this

NO FURTHER ACTION REQUIRED

The boss was asked to stay behind for chat, he was pretty red faced when he got back.

Want a plate for that humble pie mate ?

Happy weekend all

Cody

edit on 21/2/14 by cody599 because: Crap at typing

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by cody599

Being right is good. Being righteous is even better.

Now, send the boss my way so I can take him out to meet this local Brahma bull we have.

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Tsu322

I have tried several, including that one. The issue is that the nerve pain is actually the lesser of my concerns, if you can imagine that. Gabapentin ended up being the most effective, but it flares up every once in a while (especially my left foot).

The main issue is that the pain in my thoracic spine is very, very severe. There is no cast or anything for that area (there are some braces, but they apply pressure directly to the fractures), and even if I was completely healthy, it is a type of fracture that takes up to 9 months before the pain begins to subside. However, because of my "undiagnosed bone metabolism disorder" (I shouldnt have severe osteo at 30 yrs old...), the breaks do not heal. In fact, they continue to fracture worse and worse everyday. So, think of it like a broken bone, without a cast, that hasnt healed for several years on end and continues to rub against the other parts of the broken bones.

And, it is not expected to heal... The bone building medication I am on (Forteo) can only be taken for 2 years, and I am reaching the end of that. It has made a difference in that the breaks are not continuing to fracture "as much," but when that time limit is over.. I do hope something happens other than the continual breaking of my spine.

I dont have the highest hopes for it, so I am trying to finalize all of my work before I am unable to do so.

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

To be honest BFFT

I felt like pounding him to a pulp and putting him in the parcel I sent you.

Luckily my hot headed days are long gone and I have learned to use brains instead of violence.

I may not be as good as I was but I've still got all my Krav Magar training up there and it still comes like second nature to me, I think that knowing the damage it can do I avoid it as much as possible.

Besides violence isn't in my nature.

The parcel should be with you any time from tomorrow, but I don't know how the post works in the states, so maybe early next week my furry friend.

Cody

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by cody599

Good on you, Cody. Workplace stuff can be a nightmare to deal with. It is frustrating to have to spend so much time with people one really really would choose to NOT spend time with under any other circumstance. (I'm lucky now - got a great place to work and I'm mostly on my own working behind the scenes to coordinate a group doing something I love. Choir director here...
)

Glad you came out with flying colors!

(Speaking of flying colors - you are going to be a pilot! Wow! Another congrats for passing those written tests - now onto the skies!)

- AB

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by cody599

I was taught in my many years of various martial arts that if it comes to physical conflict, you have already lost your own battle.

I was always taught that the most important opponent of all is myself.

I enjoyed the weapons arts more than hand to hand though. Especially swords, and I later transferred what I learned over to guns (which was very, very interesting).

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by cody599

Its not violence if someone stumbles into the wrong bull pen.

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by AboveBoard

AB

Firstly thank you

You misunderstood

I served in the IDF, national service and all that.

The ultimate goal is get be a pilot for most, I went down the same road, and passed all the selection tests, but then I realised the thought of launching missiles at random people I don't know or have a problem with was not something I wanted on my conscience.

So Instead I transferred to Unit 669

Figured it better to help people in need than kill random strangers because someone tells me to.

Cody

edit on 21/2/14 by cody599 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 12:36 PM
link   

I totally agree with you Serdgiam

Until someone touches one of my kids or my wife in a manner that is inappropriate.

Cody

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

LMAO

I was just about to google flights to Texas. But if a guy asked for a quote to do some work in certain place.

He might just have to fly out and meet said person to see exactly what was required.

Cody

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by cody599

Ah - we'll that's what I get for skimming on a day I don't really even have time to read / write posts! LOL!!!

Sorry for the mistake! Thanks for setting me straight. At least I got the right story on the work issue... *sigh*

And you are truly awesome for moving out of the missile-launching business and into the helping-people business!!!

- AB

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by cody599

Hi guys (and gals!),

Cody, I was thinking that BFFT's place could do with some new wood..... A LOT of new wood...
Maybe a big fat furry executive boardroom table in English Oak? An ornamental Fireplace? Do you do wooden baths???? They're COOL!

Oh, and Hi 5 on the result today! Dat's Ma Boy!!

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Hey Serdg!

Sounds like you've been thru' the Mill and then some!

With the collection of ailments that we have gathered in the Rainbows Room, I'm starting to feel Really Healthy!!!!

There's not much for me to say really, other than we're all thinking of you and sending our best wishes!

I don't have any magic cures or experience with those types of condition, so I'll just have to hope that the music, fun and games in here can at least offer you a welcome distraction from time to time?

All The Best To Ya!
Big G

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Update...
I've started on the Florence! (turquoise'ish) Had to trim down a 1/2" paintbrush though to make it firm enough to paint between the beading and on it

Rainbows
Jane

new topics

top topics

<< 68  69  70    72  73  74 >>

join