It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Martial Law, happening NOW!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 05:53 PM
link   

AfterInfinity

Krakatoa

AfterInfinity
This isn't martial law. This is making sure that one of the biggest sports events of the year - which involves packing thousands of people into one designated and widely broadcasted location - doesn't end up being anything other than a fantastic time for everyone involved. Seeing as how I can't properly appreciate the stress of being put in charge of what is effectively 14 Black Fridays rolled into one massive Mardi Gras celebration, complete with men in tights fighting over a pigskin, I can only thank them for their efforts to ensure the safety of our people.

You forgot to add "it's for the children".

Oh, I forgot the children weren't an inherent part of "our people".

no no, he's MAKING FUN OF YOU because you sound like you work for the government in the capacity of making new intrusions on personal freedom seem logical and necessary, which of course, they're not.

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 06:02 PM
link   
So much for Martial Law, apparently it was so crowded on the public transit system that a bunch of bags weren't even searched.

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 08:30 PM
link   
well..

Is it me or is the first guy from the NJ State Police is dressed in nearly exact type of uniform as a Nazi ?? !!!

Seriously? TPTB couldn't find another design so they just picked this one?? !

Super creepy !!!

edit on 2-2-2014 by Komodo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 08:49 PM
link   

AfterInfinity
This isn't martial law. This is making sure that one of the biggest sports events of the year - which involves packing thousands of people into one designated and widely broadcasted location - doesn't end up being anything other than a fantastic time for everyone involved. Seeing as how I can't properly appreciate the stress of being put in charge of what is effectively 14 Black Fridays rolled into one massive Mardi Gras celebration, complete with men in tights fighting over a pigskin, I can only thank them for their efforts to ensure the safety of our people.

If you don't want to take the risks involved, don't go.

It's simple.

People like you that cannot function without the executive branch, or any branch, of government holding their hand and keeping them "safe" are the equivalent of a cancer to any free society.

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 08:59 PM
link   

AfterInfinity
The same people talking about martial law and oppression, I think, would be the first to cry out in indignation if something actually did attack the Superbowl and lives were lost. Either this government isn't doing its job, or it's doing its job too well. In other words, there's no winning with you people. Has anyone noticed that?
edit on 2-2-2014 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

I've pointed this out before, and I'll point this out again. ATS is a collective of personalities. Some may think that the government didn't do enough, some may think that the government does too much. Maybe you could try paying attention to the individual posts and who their authors are?

The entire point of "combating terrorism" was to "preserve our way of life." I mean, the terrorists are attacking us because they hate us for our freedom, aren't they?

If we give up our way of life out of fear, then our enemies win.

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by rival

I would rather accept the risk of living in a free society with all
of its inherent dangers, than to take even one more inevitable
step toward a totalitarian system where the government is responsible
for every aspect of safety.

I agree with your sentiments completely. People love their comfort and their "bread and circuses" more than they love liberty and freedom. They want their Big Brother Compound stacked with all the latest amenities.

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 10:50 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 11:10 PM
link   
I just stumbled upon these.

edit on 2-2-2014 by WonderBoi because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Update:

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Mayor Bloomberg? I thought the new guy had taken over already.
Also on Twitchy
edit on 3-2-2014 by Thorneblood because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Thorneblood

I'm still looking for information...but so far, it seems like 30 people have died. twitter.com...Don't know if it's really "confirmed", but that's what they say.

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by WonderBoi

Odd, all I can find is that it's a manhole explosion and that they are pretty common in NYC. Though that video did make it sound a little bit like the beginning of a zombie flick didn't it?

I will admit it is a little odd that someone predicted it yesterday after decoding an illuminati message.
edit on 3-2-2014 by Thorneblood because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 01:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Thorneblood

Here's another news source. actualidad.rt.com...I just saw a report of an explosion in New Jersey, now???

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 01:16 AM
link   
reply to post by CaticusMaximus

Very well said, i agree completely, most folks seem to think that there will
be a vote or something when it finally tips over that point. Like they will
then have the time to file a court case and protect their freedom once
it is already lost.

The promise of safety which they cannot guarantee no matter their claims,
is hardly worth risking the loss of freedom, whether or not we are correct
the risk is still there and in my opinion its too big a gamble.

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 01:21 AM
link   

You really haven't a clue what martial law is do you?

It's called security. There are people out there who would love nothing better than to disrupt this sort of event.

Ever since the events at the Munich Olympics, security at sporting events is beyond tight.

Tacks on the road at the Tour d'France the year before last... That's the sort of disruption that could have, had it been on a downhill run killed someone, or several someones.

Doesn't have to be a suicide bomber to totally disrupt an event that is supposed to be fun for the people involved.

If that means a little over the top security? So be it.

Don't like it? Too damned bad. It's the world we live in. A shame, yes...

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 01:28 AM
link   

seagull

You really haven't a clue what martial law is do you?

It's called security. There are people out there who would love nothing better than to disrupt this sort of event.

Ever since the events at the Munich Olympics, security at sporting events is beyond tight.

Tacks on the road at the Tour d'France the year before last... That's the sort of disruption that could have, had it been on a downhill run killed someone, or several someones.

Doesn't have to be a suicide bomber to totally disrupt an event that is supposed to be fun for the people involved.

If that means a little over the top security? So be it.

Don't like it? Too damned bad. It's the world we live in. A shame, yes...
Seagull....i don't live in the U.S. lol

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 02:29 AM
link   

AfterInfinity

UxoriousMagnus

Nice Wonder,

Thanks for sharing....I don't have T.V. but am being forced to go to a Super Bowl party that is a 2 hour drive away.

I hate this stuff.....!!

There are some of us who don't have a life who would be glad for any reason to spend a few hours laughing and drinking with good buddies. That's the spirit of the Superbowl: good game, good people, great times.

panem et circenses my friend ... panem et circenses

but you are correct....family and friends are good.....very good indeed

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 02:57 AM
link   
reply to post by UxoriousMagnus

Enjoy that, while you can. If you haven't noticed, those are the things that are under attack. Isolate, is the name of the game!!!

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 03:00 AM
link   

Seagull....i don't live in the U.S. lol

That doesn't change what martial law is.

Martial law does not change with countries.

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 04:33 AM
link   

aoxomoxoa
Freedom means being able to choose.

People can choose to ride public transit to the game.

That is freedom.

Overreacting to security measures provided for people that choose them is silly

This is like telling my 8 year old,

"You have two choices. You can either go to bed on time, or continue to stay up past bed time and be grounded from the Wii".

It's not really a CHOICE you see. I just make it appear that way for the desired outcome.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join