It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Martial Law, happening NOW!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 02:07 AM
link   
reply to post by curiousme333

Bogey men?

Tell that to the Munich Olympians. Sometimes bogey men really are there.

That is the reason for over the top security at events such as this. Or more recently, the bombings in Russia ahead of the Sochy Winter games.

Many of the organizers of these events, and the govt. that back them are of the opinion better safe than sorry.

No matter what they do, there will be some who will complain. Too much... It's an attempt at a police state. Not enough... It's an attempt to set the stage for a police state.

It couldn't possibly be, oh, I don't know; an attempt to keep tax payers safe so they can keep paying taxes...

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 03:59 AM
link   
Ok where should I start.... I really don't understand why people are all over this superbowl "puhleece sdade" thing. There is even a picture of a sniper circulating the internet with the text "SniperBowl" on it. That picture was from 2012 and some people are using it as a fear-propaganda for the 2014 superbowl - AND PEOPLE BELIEVE IT! They cant even be bothered to do a reverse image search for # sake! This is fearmongering at it's best. Don't get me wrong, I'm fully aware about all the changes the USA is going through with all the militarized police, mass survaillance, mass shootings etc.... I'm fully aware that there is a general conspiracy being played out behind the scenes of global finance and politics. But come on people.... This is a huge national sporting event! Who in their right mind would NOT provide maximum security when thousands of people will be cramped into a stadium, which is basically a huge opportunity to any twisted psychopath who wants to cause trouble. If the government wants to pull a false-flag, they will. Even when security is tight. But if THEY dont do it, some other groups might as well do it. See the logic? Not the US government is the only "enemy", but dozens more. If you are bitching about security at a sporting event, then dont go there. Simple.
edit on 4-2-2014 by Lacerta because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 02:04 PM
link   
The only bad thing that happened at the Superbowl was every play the Bronco's made.

Martial law practice? No. Biggest sporting event in America of the year; one that has been growing in size and complexity every year, requires every increasing methods of security and new ways to streamline the entry/exit process. One of the biggest challenges at any large venue is security and transit. The way they approached it was hardly totalitarian and certainly NOTHING like Martial Law. An event of this size makes it a prime target for an actual, real, terrorist attack; not a made up one. Providing high levels of security isn't just preparation, it's freaking common sense.

Bruno Mars / RHCP = Antichrist? Screw you hippie*, RHCP is why I picked up a guitar as a kid and got into the joys of music in the first place. LONG LIVE FLEA. Though their newest stuff is kinda meh, yeah... And Bruno Mars, while not my cup of tea, is a damn prodigy and produces music that I actually don't have to worry about my kid listening to.

The outcome was foretold/already made? The Bronco's were the favored team by a large margin going into it. Peyton Manning was supposed to carry the team to a smashing victory. So unless this was a rig to make sure people who bet on the Seahawks made money - than what most people expected to happen didn't. Kudos to the 'Hawks though; you fought a series of hard battles that vetted your tenacity. The Bronco's had a pretty easy ride to the Superbowl and that hubris contributed to their defeat, imo.

*That was not an actual insult at you, it was meant entirely as a jest and as referential humor.
edit on 4-2-2014 by UnmitigatedDisaster because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 03:23 PM
link   
I've been to that stadium a handful of times in the regular season. You can't walk to it either.. It's off a giant highway, you have to drive or take public transportation, lol.

And, it's the superbowl! Get a grip, shesh.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by UnmitigatedDisaster

Vegas totally Knew (or thought) seattle was going to win. The line kept dropping to make Denver more and more attractive while people were dumping money on them. When I heard this, I KNEW seattle was going to win (or had a strong feeling) The wiseguys design the spreads to make the house money, not you.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Vaedur

Yeah I'll give you that, I didn't pay much attention to the spreads on actual odds the last few days leading up to the 'bowl, but it doesn't surprise me.

IMO it was a logical conclusion that the Seahawks would win, though I expected them to choke at some point lol. They fought harder battles, they were vetted and true by the time it arrived.

Anyways the house always makes the money, my point was more just that the vast majority of people assumed a Bronco win, and under the line of reasoning that the outcome was guaranteed; they would have. There's several ways to argue for and against that, I won't deny that - it's just mostly that the belief that SB48 was some exercise at martial law is ridiculous.

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 01:11 PM
link   

On tonight, live from 10PM Eastern time!

Show thread with listening information

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 09:41 AM
link   

adjensen

On tonight, live from 10PM Eastern time!

Show thread with listening information
Darn, i missed it. Pretty cool my thread made the show. lol How was it? What was discussed???

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join