It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Deciphering the Pagan Stones

page: 31
<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by beansidhe

A popular variant in Korea is the Tricolored Taegeuk (삼색의태극 Sam Saeg-ui Taegeuk, 三色太極), which adds a yellow lobe or "pa" 파 (巴), representing humanity, to the red and blue pa which represent heaven & earth.

Check that out:

So it's (?)
1)Heaven,
2)Earth,
3) 'You the Yew Tree' that connects the 2 realms apparently.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Look at the Z rod on the brooch:

Why am I saying that to you, you posted it. Of course you've looked at it!
That could be the tree. I've never made that connection before.

Tarot?

From earlier in this thread, when we were thinking about the site of Roslyn Chapel:

In The Painted Caravan, Rakoczi further relates: "But what is this word, Tarot? Is its root to be found in the name of the Tinker's secret language, the Shelta Thari, which was discovered by Charles Godfrey Leland and was, after much scholarly research by George Sampson, proved to be a Q-Celtic language; for, though the Tinker is decried by his brother Gypsy, he is, it is now thought, a descendent of ancient dispossessed land owners, the Picts, who, in turn, had inter-married with Phoenicians and had equally their roots (perhaps intertwined with those of the Gypsies) in the Orient?"

And from Logarock

A separate yet highly influenced "cult" as Flash may have it, having its origins near and around the time of the Syrian influenced upheavals in that area as D-Bones might have it points to Phoenician/Dannite conclusion in my, still and ever open to suggestions and evidence, leanings.

The serpent of the Tribe of Dan

In the division of Palestine among the twelve tribes of Israel, after the Exodus from Egypt, Dan received his portion in the very north. As Dan was unable to secure and conquer much of its inheritance, due to spiritual weaknesses, they felt hemmed in and constrained to migrate and conquer elsewhere, which is one reason they captured Laish and renamed it "Dan." Their inheritance was near the cities of Tyre and Sidon, famous home ports of the Phoenicians. Dan, who "abode in ships," made common concourse with the Phoenicians, intermarried with them, and established colonies throughout the Mediterranean region.

The Serpent's Trail

edit on 12-3-2014 by beansidhe because: Added picture

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Ok so if you compare those 2 of Coin cards you will see some use a "S" some use a "Serpent", such as Crowley's.

So "IF" the "Yew Rune" = "Z-Rod"
Than : Yew = Z = S Serpent = You

(Also recall that often times a staff can turn into a serpent, and staffs are also depicted as trees, so it equates thematically).

At least considering the implications the esoteric artwork relates in the context.
I'd like to work on the other symbols a little more before I am certain.
I think it's worth investigation at least.
edit on 12-3-2014 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Logarock

We now have serpent, 4 winged critters, winged disc and Tree of Life. These just can't be coincidental? It's intermarried perhaps, but it's Dan, Dan, Dan!!

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 04:17 PM
link   

The runes are so intriguing, because we know the Pict stones are almost identical to later Scandinavian ones but what is being suggested here is that they spread out across Northern Europe?
This is strange, and yet it clearly looks like these designs happened almost simultaneously across a really wide area? Much wider than is thought.
This is just fascinating!

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 04:20 PM
link   

British Israelism

British Israelism (also called Anglo-Israelism) is a doctrine based on the hypothesis that people of Western European descent, particularly those in Great Britain, are the direct lineal descendants of the Ten Lost Tribes of Israel. The doctrine often includes the tenet that the British Royal Family is directly descended from the line of King David.

The central tenets of British Israelism have been refuted by evidence from modern genetic, linguistic, archaeological and philological research. The doctrine continues, however, to have a significant number of adherents.

So a lot of it has been discarded, a lot is still debated, and at least some of it is true to some extent.

Brit-Am variant

Also from earlier research I think this tribe is worth looking into for connections to all of this :
Tribe of Reuben
And here is the main wiki on Lost Ten Tribes
Not sure how fruitful it may or may not be but it's worth a dig.

In my "Sha" thread I had multiple references with Reuben (among others) so far, and listed many of them.
It's quite spread out, so it's possible the "Tribes" dispersed and it wasn't exactly uniform but rather very mixed.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Sorry, I'm cross posting with you. I should slow down and explain.
There are stories of the Tuatha de Danaan in Ireland. These are legends, but they say these 'Sea People' crossed the sea and landed in Ireland. They've been caricatured, by now, into a race of fairies but there are some theorists who speculate they may have been the tribe of Dan or the Denyen.

We were talking earlier about place names -Denmark, Dunblane, Dunfeldy etc where they seem to have left their name. This is long before the Romans came. There are too many coincidences to ignore.

What does this remind you of? It's on a number of stones and it's only ever called a 'step'. No one seems to know what it is. (Bottom right, like a square Z)

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Stairway to Heaven? Seems to be a "Throne" above it with legs popping out.

The reason I warned against jumping to the "Dan" conclusion is because this is the typical reaction simply because of the easily noticed "Dan" rooted words. But if you really dig you will find there are enough clues to also consider some of these other tribes to have been right in the middle of all of this as well.

I only mentioned Reuben because it's the first I thought of, also because it's very widely dispersed seemingly, clues being thousands of miles apart in some cases.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Double post sorry

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 05:05 PM
link   

I'm going to look into Reuben, definitely.
Sorry, I got really excited by the tree and I'm jumping to conclusions!
Everything is worth bringing, definitely. If you hadn't mentioned that rune earlier, I would never have thought of the Tree of Life, I was looking for Tau's.

(Unfortunately that is a pair of legs - the stone is pretty badly damaged.)

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 05:06 PM
link   

muzzleflash

The reason I warned against jumping to the "Dan" conclusion is because this is the typical reaction simply because of the easily noticed "Dan" rooted words. But if you really dig you will find there are enough clues to also consider some of these other tribes to have been right in the middle of all of this as well.

I only mentioned Reuben because it's the first I thought of, also because it's very widely dispersed seemingly, clues being thousands of miles apart in some cases.

Well Flash that wasn't the only evidence I used for the Dan explanation. They were also a sea fairing people, close associates to the Phoenicians. And yes I mentioned that the other tribes were probably along for the ride.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 05:10 PM
link   

beansidhe

What does this remind you of? It's on a number of stones and it's only ever called a 'step'. No one seems to know what it is. (Bottom right, like a square Z)

What a nice stone. To bad they cant find the top half. But to be sure that's all royal iconography. I don't know if you noticed but there is someone setting in the chair. This is classic stuff.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 05:18 PM
link   

muzzleflash

British Israelism

British Israelism (also called Anglo-Israelism) is a doctrine based on the hypothesis that people of Western European descent, particularly those in Great Britain, are the direct lineal descendants of the Ten Lost Tribes of Israel. The doctrine often includes the tenet that the British Royal Family is directly descended from the line of King David.

The central tenets of British Israelism have been refuted by evidence from modern genetic, linguistic, archaeological and philological research. The doctrine continues, however, to have a significant number of adherents.

So a lot of it has been discarded, a lot is still debated, and at least some of it is true to some extent.

Brit-Am variant

Remember though, if you are familiar with British Israelism ect, and I am, this is the first time I have ever seen anywhere and I challenge anyone to find such, that the Pict stones were ever brought into the mix. And you saw it here first on ATS. That is unless someone can show me otherwise. In fact I will go so far as to say that these stones represent one of the better cases for showing a respectable Israelite connection possibilities. Ill bet its a first in regards to these stones.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Logarock

muzzleflash

Well Flash that wasn't the only evidence I used for the Dan explanation. They were also a sea fairing people, close associates to the Phoenicians. And yes I mentioned that the other tribes were probably along for the ride.

Sorry I missed your post.
I wasn't going to post anything yet, but Bean kinda made me feel pressured to. (Hehe)

The thread's big now, my bad, and I wouldn't argue with what you said.
I agree with you, I just want to bold the part that I'm into investigating right now. (It's near impossible too!)

Btw I don't know if anyone said this but
Jutland = Jude land (?)
Also note terms like Jute etc.

Here is the wiki for the Jutes
and Jutland

It's pretty complex and I totally need to spend some time this week to read this entire thread to catch the 20 pages I'm missing.
I wasn't ready to really get into this currently so I'll come back and work on it tomorrow morning.

Thanks for the reply by the way.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 05:24 PM
link   

You know as long as we have been on this I had completely forgotten about Dans snake deal. It was part of the tribal tradition and heritage. Thanks for catching that.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Hay its worth the read. I wouldn't say that about a thread and have you waste your time. Even at that you apparently saw some of the same things independently so maybe its the right track.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Logarock

muzzleflash

British Israelism

Brit-Am variant

Remember though, if you are familiar with British Israelism ect, and I am, this is the first time I have ever seen anywhere and I challenge anyone to find such, that the Pict stones were ever brought into the mix. And you saw it here first on ATS. That is unless someone can show me otherwise. In fact I will go so far as to say that these stones represent one of the better cases for showing a respectable Israelite connection possibilities. Ill bet its a first in regards to these stones.

I don't think these connections have been made yet, I haven't read anything at all like this! You know how hopeless I am with all things biblical, and yet we've come to these conclusions purely by looking at the stones themselves. This is ground breaking (in the tiny sphere of Pictish stones) stuff!

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Logarock

It didn't occur to me at all - I had no idea, until M mentioned the tarot - a strange 'cult' - and I went to check something, and it jumped out at me! But it's been there all along!

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Sorry I missed your post.
I wasn't going to post anything yet, but Bean kinda made me feel pressured to. (Hehe)

Yep, I had a Valkyrie moment and got a bit over-exited! A bad Bean.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Joo guys...

Yew Jew You
Do the Dew

new topics

top topics

<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join