It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientific Facts In The Bible

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

I'm sorry but you reek of troll. Your arguments are ridiculous. And what exactly is the circle have to do with anything. A more accurate representation of infinity(which in fact is the recognized symbol of infinity) is a sideways eight. I don't see how you have earned my respect as if I recall it was you who digressed to petty insults, and continued to do so throughout your posts. Should I bow now, Oh almighty ATS lord, who posseseth many stars? Will you drill your leet hax into my puter? If you can't take it don't dish it. Anyways, I made my point, and just because you can't see it, it isn't for everybody. You obviously are the everybody in this instance. Just being you are intelligent, does not mean you possess wisdom. You see they are two entirely different things. Maybe you should look for some of that, and maybe less of the confusing mumbo jumbo that seems to be meaningful despite being paradoxical and lacking understanding. I'm just calling it like I see it.

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 02:19 PM
link   

i know you mean well, but you could use a little patience.

hmmm.. well, i'm not sure if i have a better model on hand for you to use.
but i can tell you that if you find a point on a circle and go around it, you will "end" back up where you "started"

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Jarring

Please tell me how so?

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by pleasethink

I'm sorry but you reek of troll. Your arguments are ridiculous. And what exactly is the circle have to do with anything. A more accurate representation of infinity(which in fact is the recognized symbol of infinity) is a sideways eight.

Oh. You mean a symbol, and not a geometrical shape depicting the mathematical properties of a theoretical concept. I didn't realize you'd set the bar so low.

I don't see how you have earned my respect as if I recall it was you who digressed to petty insults, and continued to do so throughout your posts. Should I bow now, Oh almighty ATS lord, who posseseth many stars?

Are we seriously doing this ad hominem crap again? I love how your posts consistently digress to attack my character rather than my methods. I have only ever addressed your methods, so I don't see how I've earned these responses.

Just being you are intelligent, does not mean you possess wisdom. You see they are two entirely different things. Maybe you should look for some of that, and maybe less of the confusing mumbo jumbo that seems to be meaningful despite being paradoxical and lacking understanding. I'm just calling it like I see it.

You stated an opinion and I challenged it. If you don't like being challenged, don't put your opinions where they are going to be challenged.

edit on 1-2-2014 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 02:20 PM
link   

i personally don't think the sideways 8 is a better model for it either, it only represents it symbolically.

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 02:22 PM
link   

I'm glad you admit it being theoretical. Thats because it can't be tested.

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 02:24 PM
link   

you mean how would it help you to be more lighthearted? it would lift the burden for one, you wouldn't feel the need to defend yourself, or attack.

it would simply be a pleasure to administer your thoughts on the subject, rather than a pain to argue with someone so adamantly against your point of view.

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Jarring

but i can tell you that if you find a point on a circle and go around it, you will "end" back up where you "started"

A line is defined as a single straight mark with a beginning and an end. A circle, therefore, may be considered a line that goes on forever. And there are an infinite number of points contained within that line, as well. So yes, the circle is infinite.

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Religious Faith does not require proof. Or evidence of any kind. Why the religious try and wander into the science arena is beyond me.

If you tell someone you Believe God is real as an article of faith, they have no argument. They cannot. But as soon as a person of faith starts to quote science as a support for their Beliefs they are completely lost. You wandered into the science camp, you have to play by their rules.

Since Religion doesnt require it, I dont know why some of the faithful insist on crossing over and getting their faith stomped on. It isnt necessary
edit on 1-2-2014 by Leonidas because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 02:29 PM
link   

"Which is why you no longer put your hand on the hot stove. You had to learn the hard way, didn't you? "
afterinfinity 2014

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 02:30 PM
link   

pleasethink

"Which is why you no longer put your hand on the hot stove. You had to learn the hard way, didn't you? "
afterinfinity 2014

Experimentation. Testing stuff. A critical element of the scientific method. If it cannot be tested, then it's a theory because it hasn't been proven.

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 02:32 PM
link   

AfterInfinity

Jarring

A line is defined as a single straight mark with a beginning and an end. A circle, therefore, may be considered a line that goes on forever. And there are an infinite number of points contained within that line, as well. So yes, the circle is infinite.

a circle by no means is infinite ~.~; idk where you get that sort of "logic". I suppose you may understand that a circle is defined by Pi, which is theoretically an infinite number...but it still has a beginning...and it may be measured...
i suppose you have to understand the word finite, before you assume infinity.
i don't think i should have to explain it.

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Could also be considered an attack on me personally and not my argument, could it not? And it was the first of its kind. You play innocent.

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 02:33 PM
link   

A line is defined as a single straight mark with a beginning and an end.
Just to keep things straight...nope.

A line is defined by two points. It has no endpoints. It is infinite.
A line segment has endpoints. A line segment is finite, it has a definite length.
mathworld.wolfram.com...

A circle is also finite. It has a definite length. That length is pi*D

edit on 2/1/2014 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

if it is defined by two points, shouldn't that be it's end points?
i find your reasoning interesting, though.

i suppose if the line goes on straight forever past those two definite points, that it could theoretically go on forever. ^.^;
edit on 01/24/14 by Jarring because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by SuperFrog

www.telegraph.co.uk...

he said he can't be sure god doesn't exist.

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Jarring

No. The two points only define its slope, not its extent. Please read the link.

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

i corrected myself,
I suppose if you assume the lines go on straight forever past the two points, that it could theoretically be infinite.

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Jarring

I suppose if you assume the lines go on straight forever past the two points

It's not an assumption, it's the definition.

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 02:41 PM
link   
but idk, i digress, i might be wrong, but it seems that just being able to measure something applies finite mathematics.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join