It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientific Facts In The Bible

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 01:49 AM
link   
Psalm 14:1

Fools say to themselves, "There is no God." They are corrupt and commit evil deeds; not one of them practices what is good.

Anthropic Principle

Scientists are now finding that the universe in which we live is like a diamond studded Rolex, except the universe is even more precisely designed than the watch. In fact, the universe is specifically tweaked to enable life on earth. A Planet with scores of improbable and inter-dependent life- supporting conditions that make it a tiny oasis in a vast and hostile universe. The extent of the universe’s fine-tuning makes the Anthropic Principle perhaps the most powerful argument for the existence of God.

These highly precise and interdependent environmental conditions (which are called “Anthropic Constants” make up what is known as the “Anthropic Principle.” “Anthropic” comes from the Greek word that means “human” or “man”. The “Anthropic Principal” is just a fancy title for the mounting evidence that has many scientists believing that the universe is extremely fine-tuned (designed) to support human life here on earth.

It’s not that there are just a few broadly defined constants that may have resulted by chance. No, there are more than 100 very narrowly defined constants that strongly point to an intelligent Designer.

Astrophysicist Hugh Ross has calculated the probability that these and other constants (122 in all) would exist today for any planet in the universe by chance (I.e., without Divine design). Assuming there are (10 to the 22nd power) planets in the universe (a very large number: 1 with 22 zeros following it), his answer is shocking; one chance in 10 to the 138th power, that’s one chance in one with 138 zeros after it. There are only about 1070 atoms in the entire universe.

In effect, there's zero chance that any planet in the universe would have the life-supporting conditions we have, unless there is an intelligent Designer behind it all. Here are fifteen of them.

Physicist Paul Davies comments, “The conclusion must be that we live in a world of astronomical unlikelihood.”

Donald Page of Princeton’s Institute for Advanced Study has calculated that the odds against our universe randomly taking a form suitable for life is one out of 10 to the 124th power, a number beyond imagination.

Dr. Robin Collins states in The Case for a Creator, “Over the past thirty years or so, scientists have discovered that just about everything about the basic structure of the universe is balanced on a razor’s edge.” Over 35 different characteristics of the universe and its physical laws must be precisely fine-tuned for physical life to be possible. Following are six of those characteristics

Time and Space

Most people read the very first verse in the Bible, without giving it another thought. However a closer examination of this verse reveals that the author of Genesis verbalized exactly the same sophisticated principle that scientists use thousands of years later. Science expresses the universe in five terms: time, space, matter, power and motion. So does Genesis 1.

"In the beginning (time) God created (power) the Heaven (space) and the Earth (matter)... And the Spirit of God moved (motion) upon the face of the waters." [Genesis 1:1,3 … written some 3450 years ago

The Beginning

The word "beginning" refers specifically to the beginning of time. However, for many years scientists were convinced that the universe was infinite (without end), and that time had always existed. The COsmic Background Explorer (COBE), also referred to as Explorer 66, was a NASA space mission designed to test the Big Bang theory of the origin of the universe and apparently provided evidence that supported the idea that the universe had a beginning.

An Initial Void

A Time Magazine article dated Dec. 1976 said: “Most cosmologists… scientists who study the structure and evolution of the universe, agree that the biblical account of creation, in imagining an initial void, may be uncannily close to the truth.”

Expanding Universe

The prophet Isaiah who lived almost 3,000 years ago stated: "It is He that . . . stretches out the heavens as a curtain, and spreads them out as a tent to dwell in." [Isa. 40:22] Scientists are beginning to understand that the universe is expanding, or stretching out. At least seven times the Scriptures clearly tell us that God stretches out the heavens like a curtain.

I'm going to stop here because there's too much information to cover in one post, and i don't want to "bore you" with scientific facts; that were written about, thousands of years ago. All one has to do, is read that $10.00 novel, some call a "fairy tale"; and all questions will be answered!

Feel free to continue your study of science found in the Bible

Full Definition of SCIENCE
*knowledge about or study of the natural world based on facts learned through experiments and observation

*the state of knowing : knowledge as distinguished from ignorance or misunderstanding
"Seek and ye will find.

+29 more 
posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 01:53 AM
link   

I'm going to stop here because there's too much information to cover in one post, and i don't want to "bore you" with scientific facts; that were written about, thousands of years ago.

Weird. I didn't see any of those.

Trying to prove christianity with science one day, trying to say science is all garbage the next. I just don't get the deal with christians. Science shouldn't threaten their position, but they are either trying to usurp it for their own means or claim it has no merit, for their own means…

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 01:54 AM
link   
Isaac Asimov wrote a guide to the Bible. Always thought that was pretty interesting. He talks about the historical evident truths in it mostly according to the lands and people of the time period I think.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 01:55 AM
link   
reply to post by WonderBoi

uh....dude!

Nicely done

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 01:57 AM
link   

boncho

I'm going to stop here because there's too much information to cover in one post, and i don't want to "bore you" with scientific facts; that were written about, thousands of years ago.

Trying to prove christianity with science one day, trying to say science is all garbage the next. I just don't get the deal with christians. Science shouldn't threaten their position, but they are either trying to usurp it for their own means or claim it has no merit, for their own means…

so not true....I think Christians are just as interested in science as non-CHristians....but you are right....we do look for God in the science. So what? We believe in Him....why wouldn't we look for Him in science?

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 02:00 AM
link   

UxoriousMagnus

boncho

so not true....I think Christians are just as interested in science as non-CHristians....but you are right....we do look for God in the science. So what? We believe in Him....why wouldn't we look for Him in science?

science is a religion from my point of view. Everything we know is a religion for that matter. Days of the week, to language, labels, cause and effect, and a reason.

+1 more 
posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 02:03 AM
link   

UxoriousMagnus

boncho

There's nothing wrong with looking for god in scientific understanding. There is a major problem trying to warp out of context phrases in the claims that (science) supports a document thousands years old which coincidentally has the same theme as other writings long before it.

All the while the same proponents have held back or been unwilling to accept scientific understanding for countless years.
edit on 29-1-2014 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 02:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Jarring

science is a religion from my point of view. Everything we know is a religion for that matter. Days of the week, to language, labels, cause and effect, and a reason.

Well, if you can do an experiment for me, try jumping out of a plane and let us know if you hit the ground at terminal velocity, or if you were able to 'faith' it down a couple miles an hour.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 02:06 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Mention the word "Bible" and everyone thinks you're a "Christian". lol hahahahahahha That's religion speaking. I hardly prance around, talking about "I'm a Christian". IMHO it's no better than saying your a Muslim, Catholic, Baptist, Jehovah, etc, etc. I'm not trying to "prove" anything, i'm just saying. Feel free to interpret the word of God, as you see fit; or not. No biggie, in my life!

I don't need a book or anyone else to tell me SOMETHING created all of this.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 02:08 AM
link   
Will you also adress al the scientific errors and contradictions found in the said book?

rationalwiki.org...

biblebabble.curbjaw.com...

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 02:08 AM
link   

WonderBoi
reply to post by boncho

Mention the word "Bible" and everyone thinks you're a "Christian". lol hahahahahahha That's religion speaking. I hardly prance around, talking about "I'm a Christian". IMHO it's no better than saying your a Muslim, Catholic, Baptist, Jehovah, etc, etc. I'm not trying to "prove" anything, i'm just saying. Feel free to interpret the word of God, as you see fit; or not. No biggie, in my life!

My mistake, I thought we were referring to the christian bible… So we are quoting the Muslim Bible or the Jewish Bible?
edit on 29-1-2014 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 02:13 AM
link   
reply to post by WonderBoi

LOL

Anthropic Constant 9: Water Vapor Levels.If water vapor levels in the atmosphere were greater than they are now, a runaway greenhouse effect would cause temperatures to rise too high for human life. If they were less, an insufficient greenhouse effect would make the earth to cold to support human life.

They didn't give much thought to trying to prove the bible right did they?

So by your own source they are telling you that the Great Flood story could not have happened.

Let there be light.

Anthropic Constant 8: Speed Of Light
Any of the laws of physics can be described as a function of the velocity of light (now defined to be 299,792,458 meters per second). Even a slight variation in the speed of light would alter the other constants and preclude the possibility of life on earth.

So no way the Universe was created in 7 days or the earth is 6 or 7 thousand years old.

We measure the distance to other stars by light years.

The farthest known star is at 13 billions years and counting. How? It took the light that long to get here.

Oh man I could go on but whats the point. Love the thread though. It is pretty funny.

BTW I have no doubt that some things in the bible are correct scientifically. It got more wrong though.
edit on 29-1-2014 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 02:13 AM
link   

boncho
reply to post by Jarring

Well, if you can do an experiment for me, try jumping out of a plane and let us know if you hit the ground at terminal velocity, or if you were able to 'faith' it down a couple miles an hour.

don't take me for a fool.

+1 more 
posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 02:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Jarring

I'm not trying to be rude. I'm pointing out the difference of faith and science. Faith: Jump out of a plane and have faith god catches you. Science: pack a parachute.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 02:16 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

It's the one found in America, in almost every hotel room. lol

It's mind boggling how many people think all this is by "chance". hahahahahah See what religion has done?

BTW....did you know God's word warns people about "borrowing"? Yes, soooooooo religious. Oh, and that thing you call "karma", God calls: reaping what you sow.

When people have no one to blame for their woes, they blame "God".

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 02:22 AM
link   
Let's take a closer look, to put our little lives into perspective.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 02:23 AM
link   

boncho
reply to post by Jarring

I'm not trying to be rude. I'm pointing out the difference of faith and science. Faith: Jump out of a plane and have faith god catches you. Science: pack a parachute.

not the same. you aren't relating the two things correctly, sorry. Christians have faith in certain aspects of God...because they know his nature. As if faith and science were the same thing, but convoluted, and warped.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 02:23 AM
link   

WonderBoi

And (using the same "logic" as you) who made this "creator" god then?
what or who has the power to MAKE god(s)?

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 02:35 AM
link   

Jarring

boncho
reply to post by Jarring

not the same. you aren't relating the two things correctly, sorry. Christians have faith in certain aspects of God...because they know his nature. As if faith and science were the same thing, but convoluted, and warped.

Hebrews 11:1-40

1 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.
2 For by it the elders obtained a good report.
3 Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear.
4 By faith Abel offered unto God a more excellent sacrifice than Cain, by which he obtained witness that he was righteous, God testifying of his gifts: and by it he being dead yet speaketh.
5 By faith Enoch was translated that he should not see death; and was not found, because God had translated him: for before his translation he had this testimony, that he pleased God.
6 But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.
7 By faith Noah, being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear, prepared an ark to the saving of his house; by the which he condemned the world, and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith.
8 By faith Abraham, when he was called to go out into a place which he should after receive for an inheritance, obeyed; and he went out, not knowing whither he went.
9 By faith he sojourned in the land of promise, as in a strange country, dwelling in tabernacles with Isaac and Jacob, the heirs with him of the same promise:
10 For he looked for a city which hath foundations, whose builder and maker is God.
11 Through faith also Sara herself received strength to conceive seed, and was delivered of a child when she was past age, because she judged him faithful who had promised.
12 Therefore sprang there even of one, and him as good as dead, so many as the stars of the sky in multitude, and as the sand which is by the sea shore innumerable.
13 These all died in faith, not having received the promises, but having seen them afar off, and were persuaded of them, and embraced them, and confessed that they were strangers and pilgrims on the earth.
14 For they that say such things declare plainly that they seek a country.
15 And truly, if they had been mindful of that country from whence they came out, they might have had opportunity to have returned.
16 But now they desire a better country, that is, an heavenly: wherefore God is not ashamed to be called their God: for he hath prepared for them a city.
17 By faith Abraham, when he was tried, offered up Isaac: and he that had received the promises offered up his only begotten son.
18 Of whom it was said, That in Isaac shall thy seed be called:
19 Accounting that God was able to raise him up, even from the dead; from whence also he received him in a figure.
20 By faith Isaac blessed Jacob and Esau concerning things to come.
21 By faith Jacob, when he was a dying, blessed both the sons of Joseph; and worshipped, leaning upon the top of his staff.
22 By faith Joseph, when he died, made mention of the departing of the children of Israel; and gave commandment concerning his bones.
23 By faith Moses, when he was born, was hid three months of his parents, because they saw he was a proper child; and they were not afraid of the king's commandment.
24 By faith Moses, when he was come to years, refused to be called the son of Pharaoh's daughter;
25 Choosing rather to suffer affliction with the people of God, than to enjoy the pleasures of sin for a season;
26 Esteeming the reproach of Christ greater riches than the treasures in Egypt: for he had respect unto the recompense of the reward.
27 By faith he forsook Egypt, not fearing the wrath of the king: for he endured, as seeing him who is invisible.
28 Through faith he kept the passover, and the sprinkling of blood, lest he that destroyed the firstborn should touch them.
29 By faith they passed through the Red sea as by dry land: which the Egyptians assaying to do were drowned.
30 By faith the walls of Jericho fell down, after they were compassed about seven days.
31 By faith the harlot Rahab perished not with them that believed not, when she had received the spies with peace.
32 And what shall I more say? for the time would fail me to tell of Gedeon, and of Barak, and of Samson, and of Jephthae; of David also, and Samuel, and of the prophets:
33 Who through faith subdued kingdoms, wrought righteousness, obtained promises, stopped the mouths of lions,
34 Quenched the violence of fire, escaped the edge of the sword, out of weakness were made strong, waxed valiant in fight, turned to flight the armies of the aliens.
35 Women received their dead raised to life again: and others were tortured, not accepting deliverance; that they might obtain a better resurrection:
36 And others had trial of cruel mockings and scourgings, yea, moreover of bonds and imprisonment:
37 They were stoned, they were sawn asunder, were tempted, were slain with the sword: they wandered about in sheepskins and goatskins; being destitute, afflicted, tormented;
38 (Of whom the world was not worthy, they wandered in deserts, and in mountains, and in dens and caves of the earth.
39 And these all, having obtained a good report through faith, received not the promise:
40 God having provided some better thing for us, that they without us should not be made perfect.
How do people expect to know something they've NEVER studied? Speed reading through God's word, is not going to cut it. Don't be deceived.

2Tim 2:15

15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 02:36 AM
link   

WonderBoi

Jarring

boncho
reply to post by Jarring

Hebrews 11:1-40

1 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.
2 For by it the elders obtained a good report.
3 Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear.
4 By faith Abel offered unto God a more excellent sacrifice than Cain, by which he obtained witness that he was righteous, God testifying of his gifts: and by it he being dead yet speaketh.
5 By faith Enoch was translated that he should not see death; and was not found, because God had translated him: for before his translation he had this testimony, that he pleased God.
6 But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.
7 By faith Noah, being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear, prepared an ark to the saving of his house; by the which he condemned the world, and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith.
8 By faith Abraham, when he was called to go out into a place which he should after receive for an inheritance, obeyed; and he went out, not knowing whither he went.
9 By faith he sojourned in the land of promise, as in a strange country, dwelling in tabernacles with Isaac and Jacob, the heirs with him of the same promise:
10 For he looked for a city which hath foundations, whose builder and maker is God.
11 Through faith also Sara herself received strength to conceive seed, and was delivered of a child when she was past age, because she judged him faithful who had promised.
12 Therefore sprang there even of one, and him as good as dead, so many as the stars of the sky in multitude, and as the sand which is by the sea shore innumerable.
13 These all died in faith, not having received the promises, but having seen them afar off, and were persuaded of them, and embraced them, and confessed that they were strangers and pilgrims on the earth.
14 For they that say such things declare plainly that they seek a country.
15 And truly, if they had been mindful of that country from whence they came out, they might have had opportunity to have returned.
16 But now they desire a better country, that is, an heavenly: wherefore God is not ashamed to be called their God: for he hath prepared for them a city.
17 By faith Abraham, when he was tried, offered up Isaac: and he that had received the promises offered up his only begotten son.
18 Of whom it was said, That in Isaac shall thy seed be called:
19 Accounting that God was able to raise him up, even from the dead; from whence also he received him in a figure.
20 By faith Isaac blessed Jacob and Esau concerning things to come.
21 By faith Jacob, when he was a dying, blessed both the sons of Joseph; and worshipped, leaning upon the top of his staff.
22 By faith Joseph, when he died, made mention of the departing of the children of Israel; and gave commandment concerning his bones.
23 By faith Moses, when he was born, was hid three months of his parents, because they saw he was a proper child; and they were not afraid of the king's commandment.
24 By faith Moses, when he was come to years, refused to be called the son of Pharaoh's daughter;
25 Choosing rather to suffer affliction with the people of God, than to enjoy the pleasures of sin for a season;
26 Esteeming the reproach of Christ greater riches than the treasures in Egypt: for he had respect unto the recompense of the reward.
27 By faith he forsook Egypt, not fearing the wrath of the king: for he endured, as seeing him who is invisible.
28 Through faith he kept the passover, and the sprinkling of blood, lest he that destroyed the firstborn should touch them.
29 By faith they passed through the Red sea as by dry land: which the Egyptians assaying to do were drowned.
30 By faith the walls of Jericho fell down, after they were compassed about seven days.
31 By faith the harlot Rahab perished not with them that believed not, when she had received the spies with peace.
32 And what shall I more say? for the time would fail me to tell of Gedeon, and of Barak, and of Samson, and of Jephthae; of David also, and Samuel, and of the prophets:
33 Who through faith subdued kingdoms, wrought righteousness, obtained promises, stopped the mouths of lions,
34 Quenched the violence of fire, escaped the edge of the sword, out of weakness were made strong, waxed valiant in fight, turned to flight the armies of the aliens.
35 Women received their dead raised to life again: and others were tortured, not accepting deliverance; that they might obtain a better resurrection:
36 And others had trial of cruel mockings and scourgings, yea, moreover of bonds and imprisonment:
37 They were stoned, they were sawn asunder, were tempted, were slain with the sword: they wandered about in sheepskins and goatskins; being destitute, afflicted, tormented;
38 (Of whom the world was not worthy, they wandered in deserts, and in mountains, and in dens and caves of the earth.
39 And these all, having obtained a good report through faith, received not the promise:
40 God having provided some better thing for us, that they without us should not be made perfect.
How do people expect to know something they've NEVER studied? Speed reading through God's word, is not going to cut it. Don't be deceived.

2Tim 2:15

15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

i get that too, don't get me wrong. i just try to relate some simpler things sometimes so that people don't have to always feel it's impossible to understand the doctrine.
edit on 01/24/14 by Jarring because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join