It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Does Humanity Want A World War?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 05:42 AM
link   
It seems to me that mankind is hell bent on self destruction. We have had two world wars. The first one was unnecessary and frankly war crimes charges should have been brought against the generals on all sides for the carnage caused in the killing fields of France and other battlefields. The second world war was in part born out of the ashes of the first world war, Germany was in such a mess and the repatriation payments broke the country's back. Now in the 21st century we are a few heartbeats away from a third world war. Frankly it is a miracle we even survived the 20th century. The Earth has not yet been incinerated by a nuclear holocaust. But I fear the clock is ticking and time is running out.

With this background in mind, why cant humanity channel it's warlike tendencies into making ploughshares instead. Put all of the world's military spending into the exploration of space instead. We need to do this and get settlements on Mars and the Moon certaintly. It is the only viable solution to the overpopulation on Earth and reduce the risk of wars as humanity will have other avenues to escape to. Sure early settlement on Mars and the Moon will be tough and very basic, but if we persue things, future generations will thank us. After all the people that travelled on the Mayflower to what is now the USA from England, had it tough and many died, but look at what a civilisation has come after it. (Putting aside the politics for a moment, I know the USA is in deep political and social mess at the moment).

World War II still has profound effects on people living today. I personally know and vouch for this. I wont go into detail on this as that is private and I want to respect the confidentiality of the people in question. But in general think of it this way, there are still Holocaust survivors still alive today who can clearly remember the horrors of the Holocaust. Their experiences have affected their subsequent family descendants in their outlook on life. I myself was very moved by a recent visit to a concentration camp and you are changed after just one visit. You can never view the world in the same way again.

Consider how much the planet could benefit and have an impact on future generations if we turn that negative energy into positive forces for good. Gene Roddenberry I think hit it head on the nail, he was ahead of his time with Star Trek and the concepts he tried to convey. Surely there are enough of us around who can work together to bring about this paradigm shift? We can if we really make an effort. The question is, does humanity want to kill itself off? Is there a suicide gene in all of us?

Thoughts anyone?

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 05:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Wirral Bagpuss

Possession, I think. Identity seems to require possession, to some extent. We identify ourselves via where we are born: equaling nationalism, in many cases. With family, people we identify as "ours." Possession, again. Our status in life, linked with identity and how we feel about ourselves, i.e., do we have honor, respect, character, etc., and seek to define this in terms of the mirror image we see reflected in others' eyes---how they veiw us and treat us. But it seems to me it largely boils down to possession…..
Few people, for instance, understand nor practice the difference between love and possession. And possession is about control. And control is about making sure we are protected from harm and get our way, equaling what we equate with out happiness and satisfaction.

Just my meanderings, for what it's worth. And it always seems to do us in…. Nevertheless, questions well worth asking, and forcing us to evaluate and ask of ourselves, personally, though whether our countries engage in war or not is largely not due to individuals thoughts, lives or actions, usually, but those that "rule" us. An important distinction and something to always be cognizant of…...
T50

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 05:54 AM
link   
Why? A number of reasons, starting with Hollywood. People, young people especially have this over glorified perception of war.
People think they will end up being some kind of savior.

Also people are tired, the whole work, earn die doesn't cut it anymore, we are becoming aware that there's more to life then being a cog in a big machine which we do not understand.

People want change, by any means necessary. Even though people underestimate all the facets of war.
Any number of reasons are applied here,

But mostly BLAME HOLLYWOOD.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 06:03 AM
link   

MessageforAll

Massive war was around LONG before Hollywood was invented. The 'need' for war has been there for tens of thousands of years. Our ancestors started out with tribal fighting and it just continued from there. And it happens in the world today in places that are untouched by Hollywood. War and fighting are part of human nature. It's evolutionary survivalism to be territorial. It's evolutionary survivalism to be the stronger of the species. It's psychological to want to be on a powerful winning team as well.

It's not Hollywood. It's the human condition. IMHO

As people evolve, they want to shake this off and 'get along', but the basic desire is still ingrained.

And, as we can see, not everyone is evolving. There are still people out there wanting to mass murder
all because of superstitious thoughts and archaic religious beliefs.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 06:40 AM
link   
I don't believe Humanity, per se, ever wants war. The 'need' for it is sold to the masses by the very small minority that benefit from it. It used to be about land and power. Now it is simply about money and to a lesser extent, political influence. War is by far the biggest money making endeavor on the planet. Those that are on the 'right' side of the issue make vast fortunes when we engage in war. Look at the money spent on the recent Iraq and Afghanistan wars. And what did we get from it? Both countries are falling into societal chaos, our 'enemies' are becoming more powerful in each country, and the populations in each country have been thrust into abject poverty. But a handful of the Elite profited obscenely. It's always about money. Always.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Humanity does not want world war - it is its corrupt, belligerent, greedy elite that causes and makes the wars.
Humanity does their bidding, kills and get killed for Them. It is prisoner of corrupt politics, dirty games and uncompassionate leadership.
Humanity is led by politics of fear, paranoia, lost in the myre of insecurity, detached from the common denominator of its core being - brotherhood and love.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 06:41 AM
link   

A minority of very wealthy and powerful 'humans' may want world war, but humanity as a whole probably wants to get up in the morning, do their chores, make their dinner, read a good book, live their life and just be happy.

Just because a few psycopaths want to kill, main, destroy, and make lots of money to enrich themselves, it is a cruel and deceptive description to blame 'humanity'. The psycopathic, greedy, depraved minority WANT and NEED war but humanity as a whole wants nothing of the kind.

edit on 26-1-2014 by Elliot because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Because there are people who think they will survive. For some reason, mmmm...., they believe the world will be a better place with lots of dead people. Less to share. For awhile, I thought the wars were for oil, but we didn't get it. Now, I think it is just about killing humans.
edit on 26-1-2014 by MOMof3 because: wrong subject content

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Id like to see all those corrupt ba$tard$ in the world of which unfortunately
make most of the decisions with our futures financially, be thrown into the middle
of an active war zone. but then again, cockroaches will survive the end of the world anyway.

I for one oppose war, but wish for immediate capital punishment for those that start wars or
threaten peace. The Jihadist, Somalian pirats, leaders of much of african armies which rape
and torture, ect ect ect... all need to be terminated.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 08:30 AM
link   
You have a nobel idea " just get along " but that is all it will ever be. Resources and religion are the cause of most wars and those things are here to stay. As long as food, oil and water are in demand someone will be willing to fight for them. You will have a chance at world peace when people in their own country dont have to lock their front doors at night.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Because we didn't learn the lessons from the last ones.

The last generation to fight such a war is basically dead for all practical purposes at this point. They really have no influence in world affairs anymore. Their memories are no longer a tempering influence on the world stage, and since I've discovered that most people around me have a pretty poor imagination, they cannot conceive of the horrors of what world war really means. The new generation did not learn from that past one. Think about how much you actually learned in school about either of the world wars ... Did you see anything graphic about either one, or were those details simply left to your imagination?

I liken it to the little kids who are told repeatedly that the pot on the stove is hot. A few of them never touch the pot because they believe and learn that way. However, how many of you touched the pot anyhow because you had to know? Simply being told wasn't adequate.

I think, unfortunately, that world wars are the same way.

We live in a new world with a new generation who are all in power and well removed from that last generation to fight. They are all thinking ... "How bad can it really be?"

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Why does mankind go to war so often? Because of resources. It's that simple. Take a look at this little vid that Wrabbit2000 viewed in one of his history classes.

The excuses of race, religion, nationist fervor, etc are just that. Excuses for weak minded people who are easily led astray by those in charge.

The Asian-Pacific theater will be the next big dust up. All because of the resources that have been found in the South China Sea.

A multi-national corp. could be formed amongst the nations involved in that region, but no, each wants the whole pie rather than a slice.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

We also spend a lot of time making each other the "Other." You and I would not simply be two human beings who disagree about something. Instead, we have to make the person with whom we disagree the "Other." We can't leave them with a shred of humanity; we have to make them entities it is perfectly OK to hate, degrade and treat worse than we'd treat our own dogs.

The disturbing thing is that you are seeing this tread going on right now in US political discourse. Democrats and Republicans, right and left, conservatives and liberals, aren't merely two groups who disagree. For members of each side, the others are debased and subhuman, not worthy of consideration. I know why the impulse starts. If you can delegitimize your opponent in some way, then you no longer have to waste intellectual time trying to consider or defeat his arguments and others will be less likely to do so as well. It means not having to engage in a debate of ideas.

But the danger is that we turn into a nation ready to kill each other. And I wonder how likely that is today.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by ketsuko

I have been fortunate to be taught by some great NCO's and Officers during my time in the military that the other person behind the weapon shooting at me is a actual person. Oh, I do agree that at times it is kill or be killed, but once the battle is over, you tend to the wounded on both sides. I taught the same to the Soldiers I led as well.

The only time I ever thought of another person as the "Other" or sub-human is when we raided those who were posting or conducting beheadings, or stuffing corpes with explosives to kill others. Those animals I would gladly put down. But if they surrendered, as much as I wanted to, I couldn't do it. That would put me at their level. And after a bit we would eventually run into them again it seemed after the Iraqi Gov't released them. For the most part, the second time around, they weren't as lucky.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 09:55 AM
link   
In answer to the OP question? I have to say I really looked hard for a snippet of the quote in Terminator 2 about mankind having it in our nature to destroy ourselves..because to a degree, I think it's pretty much accurate. To a degree...

The main thing is that man can't seem to handle finding balance with the surrounding world since leaving the hunter-gatherer stage. People congregate and concentrate and like too many rats in a box (as lab studies have shown to results not fit to post videos of in total), overcrowding breeds violence and general stress/tension all around. Since people go out of their way to create overcrowding (tho never see it that way individually of course.. It's all those 'other's in NYC or Hong Kong or elsewhere), war is inevitable...again and again.

I don't think it's that there aren't enough resources or PLENTY of land space on our rock for the people we have. It's that people won't spread out a little and take what they need, not what they want....with those being vastly different things but a universal problem, seemingly world wide.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Wrabbit2000
I don't think it's that there aren't enough resources or PLENTY of land space on our rock for the people we have. It's that people won't spread out a little and take what they need, not what they want....with those being vastly different things but a universal problem, seemingly world wide.

As I've said before. They don't want a slice of the pie.

They want the whole pie. Such is human nature.

I got mine, you get yours = war.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 11:38 AM
link   

FlyersFan

MessageforAll

Massive war was around LONG before Hollywood was invented. The 'need' for war has been there for tens of thousands of years. Our ancestors started out with tribal fighting and it just continued from there. And it happens in the world today in places that are untouched by Hollywood. War and fighting are part of human nature. It's evolutionary survivalism to be territorial. It's evolutionary survivalism to be the stronger of the species. It's psychological to want to be on a powerful winning team as well.

It's not Hollywood. It's the human condition. IMHO

As people evolve, they want to shake this off and 'get along', but the basic desire is still ingrained.

And, as we can see, not everyone is evolving. There are still people out there wanting to mass murder
all because of superstitious thoughts and archaic religious beliefs.

You have said a lot with few words
IMO you hit the nail on the head. This is why in all societies throughout the ages.. there is a "warrior" class of both males and females. From the beginning to present day.. there is a segement of people in any society or culture who are the warrior class. Now, these days we have ridiculous incentives and those with agendas who try to use as many as they can to fight for them over things warriors typically dont fight for.. but you can manipulate them ( 9/11) , but even present day in the military : there is a segment or percentage who are true warriors. They are the ones who are born and not made. They are the ones who are in it for more than some free college and a paycheck. You can spot them a mile away and the military gives them what they need to sharpen their innate abilities.

Call it being less evolved, genetics, psychology, it really doesnt matter. Its a fact that there is this percentage of the warrior class in every population and TPTB and those with agendas know it. It is why they wish to avoid a civil war or a civil uprising against government at all costs in this country. Its why they are heavily arming police departments and preparing for war... because it would be a war. Its why they want to track and disarm. and have the means to do this efficiently in the event of an uprising. Its control.. but not control over uncle joe the squirrel killer and his 15 .22 and shiny new AR-15 rifles who screams about Obama's birth certificate, being a patriot and has a flag in distress in his front yard. Its not the occupy guy who chains himself to the bank and talks about cannibalism among the banksters. Its the absolute fear of the born warriors in normal society who CAN take them out. They havent been able to breed them out or condition them with the weird things in school or society... and they know it. Sparta is still alive, really.... and the Persians have miscalculated.

You have to consider that in EVERY prevous society the warrior class and other classes have lived in harmony until or when the warrior class is needed. They do their thing, and protect the culture/non warriot class. WHY has this changed? WHY is there a significant divide PROMOTED and DEMANDED in THIS country in particular between warriors and others? Social engineering.. playing with the natural order of things. This is why the non warrior classes are fearful, upset, angry, disenfranchised, non unified. The natural order of society is being and has been fiddled with. The people cant rest easy at nght and do their thing becuase the warrior class cant do theirs. Its a biologicaly driven social machine. There is a funny thing about the natural order.. it ALWAYS rights itself when tipped and finds its balance eventually. The clock is ticking as we speak.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 11:45 AM
link   
"Humanity" doesn't want war. The elites do as part of Agenda 21. There are too many of us cattle so they need to slaughter some to make it easier to control those who remain.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 11:51 AM
link   

95% of human consciousness takes place in the 'unconscious'.
5% of human consciousness is 'conscious'
0.5% of human conscious awareness is rational.

There you go.

Math to the rescue.

KPB

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Sociopaths are the one's trying to end humanity.

They are jealous of those of us who are equipped with a soul...a purpose.

Can you imagine living where your only purpose is to try and fill the void of your own existence?

Only a sociopath will try to make someone else defend one's own existence.

Being born of the womb makes us all equal?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join