It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The truth behind Mark Otero and Klicknation/ EA games.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Claims surrounding BioWare Sacramento and one of its co-founders, Mark Otero, have surfaced on Reddit. The post, titled “The truth behind Mark Otero and Klicknation (BioWare Sacramento, EA Capital Games),” claims that the company was founded on “lies, crime, and exploiting [Otero's] employees.”

Source of Claims

EA Makes Worst Company In America History, Wins Title For Second Year In A Row!

These sources speak for themselves

Electronic Arts Named 'Worst Company' By Consumerist Readers; Lower Than BofA, Carnival

I am making this Thread here.. If we have any members who where just recently SCAMMED by these companies.
EA games in general is trash. The way it treats its artists and writers. The blood of what gives them any chance.

They LOL right in the face of its users. And they expect you to now.. To download their new apps for your smart phone.
Oh they are free to play.. But you have to pay to win, type game.
And suckers are born every minute.
Once you agree to the T&C of these games.. They can legally scam you!

At any time.. they can pull these games. You own nothing!

I remember the good days of gaming. When I could go and buy a game.. and own the game.. Play it when I wanted to play it.
But these new breed of games, are nothing but a virtual scam.

But you have a choice. Play them or don't. Its a choice. And if you choose to want to be scammed. Well don't say we did not warn you!

A simple google or Bing search will bring up LOTS more info. that is just the tip of the iceberg.

This all comes after the sun setting of a very big game that many face book users put LOTS of money into. And without any notice.. They are closing the game down.
Mind you, these guys pushed a "holiday" package deal.. Full well knowing they where shutting down, but allowed people to put in real money. And then, one month later, decide to put the word out.. BTW, we are shutting down. Nice!

And I am reading the forums, and people are over all trying to be cool about it. And saying such things as. " I made lots of friends, and had a good time.. thanks."
But lets be real here. Many of us do not need more online friends.. We are looking for better offline games to play. If we are going to pay money into something, Id like to be able to have something from what I put in.
These games are like crack. You put it in your pipe and its gone.. You have NOTHING to show for it.
But people agree to T&C before they play. So read before you sign anything online.

South Park nails it again! Not only in the crack baby episode. But also their Centipad episode.

Watch out gamers.. A new breed of games are directly aimed at us gamers. They know we have a weakness to fun and addictive games. But they are not real games.. They are cloaked scams. made to "look" and feel like games.

edit on 24-1-2014 by zysin5 because: EA games.. BAD news!

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 02:47 PM
link   
A Forum Source, just one instance of what I am talking about.

Here is an example of just one poor sap. He spend 8,000$ on that game.
Yep 8k for a damn game!
And they are now closing the game, and moving it to the smart phone app.
Which in time, they will close down.

That is just 1 guy. Many others spent well over 8k. I heard some reports and rumors of rich spoiled kids paying up to 15,000k over 4 years on games like these.

Even World of Warcraft users would not spend 8k in 4 years.. and that is a quality game.
These stupid cloaked scams are nothing but a new way to hook that "sucker".

While I feel bad in some ways. Overall I do not. No pity party for them.. As they had the choice to READ the T&C before playing. It says something like. Game can change at anytime. Format or otherwise.

These people have not a leg to stand on in court either.
Perfectly legal scam. Morally right? Not a chance!

And as a gamer. I will be very careful . And it would be wise for other like minds out here, to please get the word out.
Do not pay for something you can not physically install.

Game apps, and facebook games. All crap scams.. that not only waste time. But hurt people, ruin marriages, and over all ruin the whole game experience.

So just a heads up Gamers.

As in life.. You really own nothing.
Just like beer. You only rent it.
Such is life. You are on borrowed time.

EA acquires social game developer KlickNation
Old news from 2011. It was a set up this whole time.. Via our "buddy" EA games.

edit on 24-1-2014 by zysin5 because: EA sucks

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 03:11 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by zysin5

I feel your pain..

But I always thought that EA Games was a Canadian company Because of the HUGE EA Games complex in Burnaby BC.

I remember when they built it. They had a # load of people working for them then slowly for a few years after that, all you really heared about was another lay off, Strike, Mass walk out. This building was like the google building in that one movie, it had EVERYTHING to try to keep its employees happy except for a good job.

They only real EA game I play now is the NHL series, as a Canadian I can not give up on a tradition lol

Edit: Sorry I lied, I am also addicted to the Mass Effect Trilogy as well, but those are the only Ea games I own and play.
edit on 24-1-2014 by snypwsd because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by snypwsd

Thanks for the reply!
And hey, as long as you can own it, and physically have something that you paid for, its all good. Not trying to rally a boycott or anything. Just trying to get the word out, so gamers like you and I do not get "tricked" into paying for virtual goods.
Mass effect was one of the few EA games that I thought was good. Did not play it however. But that is purely out of spite. And its like cutting off my nose to spite my face.
But yeah. Thanks Snypwsd! Game away! But buyer beware

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 08:55 PM
link   
EA is game poison. Two of my favorite games/game companies were bought up by EA and are slowly being killed. They've turned The Sims into a buggy mess that can only be reliably played if you know how to mod your game and know how to hook yourself up with the good modders. Otherwise, it's been reported that they only test each new expansion as a standalone with the base game instead of plugged in on top of the base and game and all the previous expansions. Why would any Simmer not want to play Pets + all the previous expansions and then plug in the next expansion they buy on top of that? Oh, and then the only way to hope you got any of your newly introduced bugs fixed was to accept the patches for the next expansion which very often was mostly just laying the coding groundwork for the new expansion and introduced its own new bugs even if you didn't buy that expansion.

Oh, yes, and they also forced The Sims into becoming some kind of social game where you can have random people pop in and comment on your game and your game can update your facebook all day. As if I needed everyone on my facebook to know when Sim A and Sim B woohoo ...

Then, they bought BioWare, a company known for making quality, story and character driven RPGs and proceeded to turn them into a company that produces somewhat story driven action games with multi-player a corresponding social media click game tie-in and flat, two-dimensional characters that are rushed into production under grandiose promises that only really deliver a horrifically bad ending that completely makes no sense when tacked onto the previous two games ...

ME3 ending ... yeah, still pretty bitter about that.

Not holding out much hope for the next Dragon Age.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by ketsuko

Thank you ketsuko for your well written reply. I share your bitterness.
As Bioware was great with RPG type games that I totally love. Once EA got their dirty hands on it.

And as for the Sim experience, that must be very frustrating as well.
That is one reason why I made this thread, so I had some way to vent a little bit. While not ranting, but just sharing the facts as they are.

Dragon age, the first one was good, I did play that one. But did not finish it. I hold no hopes for any of the new ones.. As I will 100% refuse to play them. But that is my choice. And if people choose to play, more power to them. I just got to a point yesterday where I was SO frustrated and upset with things, that I had to find a way to express myself in a way where I was not jumping up and down, ranting and raving. Lord knows I would LOVE to. But that would only serve to give them validation.

As the excessive Anti piracy stuff they have used that makes everything so buggy.
They are that worried about people stealing their wares.. They just do not seem to get it. It will only slow real pirates down, and NOT stop them. It will only make them better at cracking their code, and give them more bragging rights.

So much I could go on and on about.. But by that time, it will have turned into a rant. And neither of us want that. But like you. Its good to express our distaste and frustration with EA and how they conduct business with the user.

Thanks for keeping such a level head, in the light of such frustrating dealings with them.
Was a sad day to see Bioware kneel before EA.
All those great RPG games, such talent. And now it will simply be "used" by EA, to try to turn as much profit as possible at the expense of the user.
Which again, I understanding making money and business, but when you start spitting in the face of your base users.. BAD move.
I can only hope that EA keeps their filthy hands off the games out there that I do still play.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by zysin5

Go ahead and finish the first Dragon Age if you can. It's well worth it, and there is plenty of replayability. You can tweak it to have quite a few endings and variations on endings.

Dragon Age II was ... disappointing. It's very linear with really only two major variations on the same ending. I enjoyed playing it through a few times, but it was nowhere near as good as the first one or even close to licking the first Mass Effect's bootlaces. As for coming close to the real classics ... ah, no.

And after getting burned with ME3, I'm waiting to see what other people say about Dragon Age 3 before I decide to buy it or not.

top topics

join