It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Long Would You Last in an Apocalypse? (w/quiz)

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by ChuckNasty

Five Years for me.
Second line.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 09:30 PM
link   
double edged sword...I got 50 years... gonna be a long haul surviving till civilization rebuilds.

The results are in! You'd survive for fifty years after the apocalypse. You'll be around until civilisation rebuilds itself. There'll be legends told about your name. You're basically the dog in Independence Day.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Shana91aus

LightAssassin

I got 10 years....and "You're basically Rick Grimes from The Walking Dead"

SCHWEET!!!!!

Lol very jealous! We cant all be like Rick thoughi guess! Lol.

I got a month.
and it said it would probably be best if the world just didnt end, im basically piggy in lord of the flies, awesome..

Not bad. At least it'll make WilsonWilson feel better about his time. Mine is also on the low side compared to others.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 09:36 PM
link   
I got forty years, but those questions and answers were pretty generalized, I doubt I would last that long in a real scenario.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Its just that whether one prepares to last a few days, weeks, months a year....it would be into what kind of world? We may yet see when and if it happens...that dark skies, unbreathable air, undrinkable water and the years and tech it would take to restore them....makes all the prep we do...pointless.

But...we must do something to prepare anyway. It is human nature to want to survive.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 09:47 PM
link   

mysterioustranger

Its just that whether one prepares to last a few days, weeks, months a year....it would be into what kind of world? We may yet see when and if it happens...that dark skies, unbreathable air, undrinkable water and the years and tech it would take to restore them....makes all the prep we do...pointless.

But...we must do something to prepare anyway. It is human nature to want to survive.

Dependent on the cause, I think we'll all end up like the people in The Road.

To me, the cause of the cataclysm in that movie is not a likely one, but the outcome and story of the main characters is what we'll probably endure.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by AFewGoodWomen

The SSRI's are terrible to withdraw from. I weaned off Paxil once.

Can you imagine all the people having withdrawal symptoms?
Not just meds. Ciggies, crack, marijuana, alcohol.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

It's not that much of of a safe haven if you talk about it. If you're stashing food, supplies or weapons, you're a desirable target.

A wise person would start keeping a list on who and where the preppers are. It will be like the only stores open to people who are in desperate need.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 10:17 PM
link   

You are one of the only other people I know who saw that movie. I thought it was a great "what-if". I couldn't agree with you more! Thanks!

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 11:39 PM
link   
I guess im one of the lucky because if only survive 6 months before you pricks taoe control.........jk. seriously, in a situation like this I'd rather die, unless it's like fallout, than I'd def. Survive. I'd be a merchant.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 11:49 PM
link   
40 years
second line

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 11:49 PM
link   
All I have heard is ( I ) will survive so many years . How selfish ! How many of you calculated you parents who may not have prepared or brothers or sisters into the equation . How about your starving kin folk or your significant other .

Oops ! Back to the drawing board . Certainly you all aren't single .

Food for thought

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 12:15 AM
link   
I got 20 years but I didn't know the guy from the first question so said "no way" and still don't know if I got "moss grows on the south side of the tree" right. Even if I got it right how does that help me survive exactly? So it says 20 but I must take 5 off for the moss knowledge to make it more accurate.

It's a fun little test but the real test of survival is to trying to rough it for a few days. Can you do anything without everyday appliances, electricity, clean running water, gasoline, etc. I'm not really even sure I can - since roughing it to me is bottled water, a can opener, lighter fluid/matches, and a nice cozy sleeping area. I'll have to try it again one day and see how I do.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Dianec
I got 20 years but I didn't know the guy from the first question so said "no way" and still don't know if I got "moss grows on the south side of the tree" right. Even if I got it right how does that help me survive exactly? So it says 20 but I must take 5 off for the moss knowledge to make it more accurate.

It's a fun little test but the real test of survival is to trying to rough it for a few days. Can you do anything without everyday appliances, electricity, clean running water, gasoline, etc. I'm not really even sure I can - since roughing it to me is bottled water, a can opener, lighter fluid/matches, and a nice cozy sleeping area. I'll have to try it again one day and see how I do.

Moss grows in a moist environment - usually with little direct sunlight. North (the south side gets the direct sunlight - reason no.1 most static solar panels and solar homes are aligned so). If the tree trunk is shaded (as most are) that moss will grow just about anywhere.

Congrats on the 20! A lot better than what I got.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 01:27 AM
link   
Well got 40 year and I'm 60 already
I already live in the midel of nowhere I fish, hunt, trap,and a few thing you do not want to know about

And I say I will be lucky to last 5 So
So ya please do come on up we may need more food by the time you get here.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Dianec
Even if I got it right how does that help me survive exactly?

That will help You find your direction in conditions were traditional methods are unavailable at the time,such as not being able to see the stars.

As stated though by ChuckNasty , moss doesn't exclusively only grow on the north side. A far more reliable method would be using the stars or in the day using the shadow tip method.
edit on 24-1-2014 by SynchronousSnake because: I like edits ok?

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 02:18 AM
link   
I did alright would have been better if I aligned with some one the questions more(not really a fan of #1) and not wanting to fight unless I have to. Also, would have been neat if it was a longer quiz. Fun though.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 04:52 AM
link   
3 months
"You're basically Simon Pegg in Shaun of the Dead"

O.o I'd say way less. lol

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 05:03 AM
link   

edit on 2420140120141 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 05:22 AM
link   

that was fun.
I got one year. to be honest I don't think I'd last that long. I'm a non athletic middle aged man with no survival training. first winter I think I'd be gone.

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join