It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Long Would You Last in an Apocalypse? (w/quiz)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+10 more 
posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 12:42 PM
link   
How long would anyone really last in an apocalypse? I know a lot of you have tons of stuff and others have almost nothing in comparison, but is that stuff really going to help you survive, long term, in an apocalypse? It would be expensive to plan for every possible, but likely, scenario. In the end, a community of people working together for a common goal will last longer than any small group of prepper's with stuff that may or may not be appropriate for the apocalypse scenario. And the only big group of preppers I know belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

Now the silly point of this thread. Came across an article that asked that same question. They even provided a link to a quiz. How long would...

I know most people like to embellish their skills and whatnot, but I ask you to answer the 'highly scientific' questions truthfully. Post your result and reason why if you like.

Quiz Link

Of course, this is all in good fun.

My score - 5 years. Main reason - military community. It'll be easier to get a big group together for a common goal.

Enjoy.

+10 more 
posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 12:44 PM
link   
The dirty little secret that survivalists don't talk about ... no one will survive an all out apocalypse.
Nuclear power plants around the world will melt down. The entire planet will be Fukashima.

We plan ahead for a semi-break down of society.
But as far as an all out apocalypse goes ... there will be no survivors.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

I have asked this question, and been told that the nuclear power plants are designed to shut down.

link   
reply to post by ChuckNasty

Very cool...I got 20 years but totally did not expect that and not sure how. I had never even hear of the guy in the first question.

link   

FlyersFan
The dirty little secret that survivalists don't talk about ... no one will survive an all out apocalypse.
Nuclear power plants around the world will melt down. The entire planet will be Fukashima.

Even if you could survive, who would want to? If you couldn't even go to the surface or find clean water....Who in their right mind would plot out a survival plan to stay alive?

Wow, some people just love the idea of living in absolute poverty alone....Just as long as you live, right??

link   
according to the quiz I would only live five years. Oh well, I suppose it is an apocalypse.

Maybe I would have got a better score if I could run a marathon. I figure carrying a gun is better than running.
edit on 23-1-2014 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 12:48 PM
link   

I am an honest person.

So not very effing long. But I would try and it really is relative to the apocalyptic scenario innit?

Kallisti

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 12:49 PM
link   
I got 10 years...

But I have to say it would depend on what type of apocalypse we are talking about. If it is all out nuclear war then there really is no real reason to soldier forward. If a meteorite strike where there is a fair chance of survival then that is different.

Zombie apocalypse is the one I would stand the best chance. The old school shambling zombies... not the fast running zombies.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 12:49 PM
link   

FlyersFan

Well Duh.

Not every apocalyptic scenario is a total destruction of mankind scenario. Even nuclear power plants meltdown is survivable.

We? I don't plan on a semi-break down of society.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 12:50 PM
link   

It said I would survive 10 years.

I think the main reasons are my general predatory opportunism, I can run, and I can read a friggin map.

It could not however, factor in my asthma, which means I would survive until my medication ran out, and after that I would have a few hours to a few months depending on my situation and luck. But overall, I'm pretty well screwed in the apocalypse. That was fun though.
edit on 23-1-2014 by redhorse because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-1-2014 by redhorse because: grammar plural

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 12:50 PM
link   
I got 3 months, thats actually much better than i thought!

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Vasa Croe

Very cool...I got 20 years but totally did not expect that and not sure how. I had never even hear of the guy in the first question.

He might be Australian or something. Dunno.

Grats on 20years.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 12:53 PM
link   

LOL Ray Mears, is an English guy, he does documentaries about eating in the wild, building shelter etc.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 12:55 PM
link   

CagliostroTheGreat

I am an honest person.

So not very effing long. But I would try and it really is relative to the apocalyptic scenario innit?

Kallisti

I'm guessing the reason for the simple questions instead of a 200 question test. All in good fun though.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 12:56 PM
link   
I was (am) a US Marine.
I'll survive right along with all my other Marines...
just fine.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 12:57 PM
link   
50 years, im the dog in independence day...

edit on 23-1-2014 by Indigent because: (no reason given)

I'm just glad to know my type 1 diabetes wont kill me for 50 more years weeeee
edit on 23-1-2014 by Indigent because: (no reason given)

link   
I got 5 years. Said I was Will Smith from I Am Legend. Pfft. I'm WAY more self concerned than that.

link   
Good news, I will last 20 years after the apocalypse. Bad, news I will have to loot, robe, go hungry, freez, suffer from many different illnesses, years of mental instability, kill or be killed for 20 years. So.......... either way I'm still going to kick the bucket.

Mel Gibson in Mad Max........... great
edit on 23-1-2014 by hillbilly4rent because: (no reason given)

link   
Haha...i got 50 years
only problem is i am to old to survive 50 years

The results are in! You'd survive for
fifty years
after the apocalypse.
You'll be around until civilisation rebuilds itself. There'll be legends told about your name.
You're basically the dog in Independence Day.

edit on 23-1-2014 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 12:59 PM
link   

WilsonWilson
I have asked this question, and been told that the nuclear power plants are designed to shut down.

For a while ... but not forever. Someone has to keep the water pumping into the cooling pools ...
Something has to be done with spent rods ....

ChuckNasty
Even nuclear power plants meltdown is survivable.

See all the problems the planet is having with just Fukashima? And that's not ALL of Fukashima melting down.

Now multiply Fukashima FOUR times for a complete meltdown.
Then multiply that by 437 all around the world.
No. The world can't survive that. IMHO.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join