It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Long Would You Last in an Apocalypse? (w/quiz)

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 03:09 PM
link   

edit on 23-1-2014 by violet because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 03:09 PM
link   
I last three months.

I can't run or walk. If the temps drop below freezing, my body goes rigid and I can't move at all.
Wouldn't be able to contact anyone without a phone.
I have plenty of food, water and used to not eating much
It didn't ask if you would have enough medication. I can't get more than a 3 month supply. None of them are to keep me alive, mostly for pain. I'm on an antidepressant and would have to ration those and wean off or I might go nuts!

Basically I'm screwed.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by WilsonWilson

Me too
2nd

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 03:15 PM
link   

violet
I last three months.

I can't run or walk. If the temps drop below freezing, my body goes rigid and I can't move at all.
Wouldn't be able to contact anyone without a phone.
I have plenty of food, water and used to not eating much
It didn't ask if you would have enough medication. I can't get more than a 3 month supply. None of them are to keep me alive, mostly for pain. I'm on an antidepressant and would have to ration those and wean off or I might go nuts!

Basically I'm screwed.

Yeah, you'd survive after the pain med withdrawal...but those SSRI's will kill you!
Took me eight months to finally shed the Cymbalta I was on for three years.
I think that I coined the term "the zaps" when I "suddenly discontinued" the medication.
Eff that stuff...
I'd rather be depressed...or dead.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by mysterioustranger

It is discussed in this forum.

Even so, you know you will die eventually. So will your kids and so on. Why do we even bother living today?

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by ChuckNasty

Three Months.

That's not a bad run, actually, but the world's out to get you. You're basically Simon Pegg in Shaun of the Dead.

Well, at least I got that going for me.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Forty Years!
Armageddon party at my house!

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 03:53 PM
link   

You know? Im a First Responder and a small prepper myself, so I don't have any easy answer.

All I can answer is I'd last as long as my water, food, meds and survival supplies and bullets last. But to what kind of world? And would we even want to survive in it as we crawl on poisoned earth and breathe gaseous fumes?

I believe its human nature and natural to want to survive though!
edit on 09-22-2013 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Indigent
50 years, im the dog in independence day...

edit on 23-1-2014 by Indigent because: (no reason given)

I'm just glad to know my type 1 diabetes wont kill me for 50 more years weeeee
edit on 23-1-2014 by Indigent because: (no reason given)

Really? and where is your insulin coming from? and your test strips and your batteries for your glucometer. I won't last long, I too have Type 1 diabetes, not leaving my house. My pharmacy gives me a month or two worth of supplies at a time. So unless these supplies are guarded and distributed evenly, highly doubtful, that would be one of the first places ransacked in the event of an apocalypse. I'll be here until my food runs out give or take 30 days, that is if I can hide the food from my partner before he eats it all...
edit on 1/23/2014 by whatnext21 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 04:11 PM
link   

I would last, as long as it took.

A true apocalypse...

"Apocalypse" of St. John = Revelations in Greek.

The true "Apocalypse" is the coming about of the events recorded in the Book of Revelation by St. John on the isle of Patmos in 91AD.

In the scenario where a true "apocalypse" were to occur. Then several million people will survive all the way through the coming of the Messiah Jesus Christ; and the establishment of the 144,001 member Kingdom of God on Earth (spirit beings, brothers and sister with Christ). They will live on into the millennial reign of the Kingdom of God as subjects. By the time the 2nd trumpet sounds, you will only have to survive until the following Pentecost (less than a year); but to do so would require God's spirit in your life.

I would rely on Almighty God (Petra) to guide me and my family, who are in the Body of Christ/Church of God/Temple of God according to His will. We have only a 3-6 month supply, but that is all we were commanded to set aside for ourselves by God in preparation for what is coming (our "place of safety" is the "rock/Petra" of the Eternal).

Part of the "Apocalypse" sequence includes the 7 thunders of Revelation sounding loudly. The 7th thunder being the Revelation of God to all mankind; this includes His "called out ones" (ecclesia/church). As the events unfold before our eyes, God will be calling all mankind into fellowship with Him and His son and His Church.

Write God's laws/commandments in your heart; until the time comes for your calling. The Apocalypse (WW3/ end of the present age) is NOT the end of the world, only the end of the present age of mankind's self governance under the influence of Satan, and the beginning of the Kingdom of God on Earth.

Thy Kingdom come. Thy will be done.

The "Apocalypse" is the sequence of events in which God saves mankind from the brink of self annihilation. To begin any discussion on this event, one must first address ones faith in God.

God Bless,

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by ElohimJD

Just for fun, I received the 20 year mark from the quiz in the OP.

God Bless,

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Hmmm, mine said 50 years! Having just passed my 60th birthday last week, that means I'll beat my great-aunt's record for longevity in our family. She only made it to 103!

I'm quite fortunate to live in a rural neighborhood of people who are aware of the possibilities of disasters, especially since we all endured the '09 IceMare. We all learned a lot from that 2 week period when electricity was nowhere to be found unless you owned a generator. From that experience we were able to tweak our capabilities.
I've never been sure what an "apocalypse" is---a meteor strike---nuclear war---electromagnetic pulse attack---volcanic eruption---solar flare---just too many possibilities.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 04:45 PM
link   

It gave me twenty years also.
Surprised me a bit but hey that's got to be good.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 04:50 PM
link   
10 years.

That seems like an awful long time if all of those around me don't make it that far...

And to be honest, during a real apocalypse, I'm not sure I'd want to stick around too much.

Cool thread !

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 04:51 PM
link   
about a week theres no internet connection

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 04:55 PM
link   

I have asked this question, and been told that the nuclear power plants are designed to shut down.

reply to post by WilsonWilson

They can shut down, but the rods take years to cool down.

They have to store spent fuel rods under water for years to wait for the radioactive elements to break down to less radioactive forms. There is no clean 'off switch' for nuclear fuel rods, once they have been fissioning for a while. They purr along at a lower level of heat output (than they produced while operating under a continuous chain reaction), no matter what you do with them, because of the production of all those unstable isotopes in the wreckage of uranium atoms. This is one of the things that makes dealing with the waste from reactors so much of a long term problem.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 05:00 PM
link   
I would last a month. I'm bad at running, and my life paralyzes whenever the power goes out.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 05:05 PM
link   

beezzer

10 years!

Long enough to become. . . . "The Governor"!

Can I be your Milton? I can do all sorts of sciencey things

That is my survival plan btw, make myself usefull with by erm chemistry skills.
edit on 23-1-2014 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 05:18 PM
link   
I'd die in the first 5 hrs, maybe sooner. I didn't take the quiz, I just have a feeling that I wouldn't last too long. So I guess I should pillage and destroy as many threats as much as possible for my group before I'm taken out.

ETA: The quiz gave me six months. What a stretch

edit on 23-1-2014 by 100% Real because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Strange the quiz said I'm the guy from the 2012 movie???

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join