It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Human Farming: The Illusion Of Freedom

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by havok

I forgot how to learn for a time myself and did not even realize it, if I hadn't been eligible for G.I. Bill benefits toward education I may still not remember.

This is what happens to many people over time, like the guy who says "my daddy taught me everything I need to know"...I wish I had listened to my father when I was young and strong enough to implement what he had to say, but I was busy having fun like most people do until they are around 25 or 30 years old.

And then the "my daddy taught me everything I need to know" guys frequently don't question what daddy taught them out of respect or maybe ignorance, maybe daddy wasn't all that smart but he tried to save them the time of learning what he already knew the hard way.

Learning never stops, when learning stops we begin to die. That is why there are so many zombie movies out there I think...

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Tusks
reply to post by mikegrouchy

I don't believe you will find any anti-Zionist books in your local library, nor your school library, nor your local book review journals. That has been controlled for decades.

Are you talking about the 80's or now?

Mike Grouchy

edit on 20-1-2014 by mikegrouchy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Aren't you basically referring to the trappings of intellectual freedom without their actuality? A government can and will educate its public in the methods of basic literacy; however, the consent or even insistence of government to have at least a basic level of education may exist with still a question mark being placed on whether they now have access to intellectual freedom. In fact, the adult literacy rate in China, according to UNICEF, is 94%. In Soviet Russia, illiteracy was not the preferred state but the entire ideological basis of the Soviet Union was to have a nation of logical and rational thinkers so that the nation could operate as a machine and generate a nation of engineers who would catapult the Soviet Union to become the technological capital of the world. In fact, it was the Soviet Union's launch of Sputnik that incited our own Congress to pass the National Defense Education Act of 1958 out of fear that the Soviet Union might continue to surpass us technologically. Our emphasis on STEM subjects is directly rooted to the Soviet Union.

However, I sincerely doubt that there would be any on these boards that would've declared the Soviet Union for all its rational thinking and literacy and STEM subject emphasis as being an example of a country of intellectual freedom. On the contrary, the former Soviet Union has been our paragon of "thought police" from the Gulag to the KGB. When I visited the USSR at the height of its decline, I met a young lady who expressed great fear in calling the police to inform them that her apartment had been robbed for fear that they would find something that they didn't like her and she'd disappear. And she could read. In other words, literacy has no real bearing on the level of actual freedom within a country.

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 03:33 PM
link   

The USA is about open literacy? The cowboys and Indians tales are all fairy tails. The demise of their culture and tribes were devastated by 90% death rate due to small pox in blankets given to them by the British. The British conquered the new world by lies deceit and murder of millions of innocent natives. They were proficient and experts in advanced farming and agriculture. Healthy, cultured peaceful people called savages by the brits recollection. It sounded better in the history lessons.
The wars have all been misrepresented for commodities, the civil war was about cotton more than the popular belief of slavery they would have you believe.
That is just a tiny sample of the deception upon humanity.

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 03:33 PM
link   

WhiteAlice

Aren't you basically referring to the trappings of intellectual freedom without their actuality? A government can and will educate its public in the methods of basic literacy; however, the consent or even insistence of government to have at least a basic level of education may exist with still a question mark being placed on whether they now have access to intellectual freedom. In fact, the adult literacy rate in China, according to UNICEF, is 94%. In Soviet Russia, illiteracy was not the preferred state but the entire ideological basis of the Soviet Union was to have a nation of logical and rational thinkers so that the nation could operate as a machine and generate a nation of engineers who would catapult the Soviet Union to become the technological capital of the world. In fact, it was the Soviet Union's launch of Sputnik that incited our own Congress to pass the National Defense Education Act of 1958 out of fear that the Soviet Union might continue to surpass us technologically. Our emphasis on STEM subjects is directly rooted to the Soviet Union.

However, I sincerely doubt that there would be any on these boards that would've declared the Soviet Union for all its rational thinking and literacy and STEM subject emphasis as being an example of a country of intellectual freedom. On the contrary, the former Soviet Union has been our paragon of "thought police" from the Gulag to the KGB. When I visited the USSR at the height of its decline, I met a young lady who expressed great fear in calling the police to inform them that her apartment had been robbed for fear that they would find something that they didn't like her and she'd disappear. And she could read. In other words, literacy has no real bearing on the level of actual freedom within a country.

Yes.

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Iwannaknow2

The USA is about open literacy? The cowboys and Indians tales are all fairy tails. The demise of their culture and tribes were devastated by 90% death rate due to small pox in blankets given to them by the British. The British conquered the new world by lies deceit and murder of millions of innocent natives. They were proficient and experts in advanced farming and agriculture. Healthy, cultured peaceful people called savages by the brits recollection. It sounded better in the history lessons.
The wars have all been misrepresented for commodities, the civil war was about cotton more than the popular belief of slavery they would have you believe.

And then a random Indian came riding into the room,
wielding all the hatchets that had-not-been-buried afterall.

Having seldom seen such a remarkably random sight,
I later enquired as to who the stranger was, to which I was
told "Chief Screaming Chicken" riding his horse "Bleeding Heart."

Did he really mean to say that by introducing mandatory public schools
we repressed the natives right to practice blood letting and sacrifice.
And that is, somehow, a bad thing.

Mike Grouchy

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by solongandgoodnight

Perhaps we are finally starting to live up to the name given our species "wise one", if indeed there is an awakening. I could not listen to video (some kid is always stealing my speakers) so tried to get what is was about from reading posts.

Wisdom is discernment using the powers of observation that all humans have. I do not think you need to read great literature or have a science degree to achieve that. People need to really LOOK or as my mom use to say "stop and smell the roses, sometimes". I don't know what is happening exactly, but I know there is BIG difference in my way life from 40 yrs ago due directly to government policies. When I was young, I was not wise enough to know it would all affect me and family, personally.

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 04:32 PM
link   

mikegrouchy

Iwannaknow2

And then a random Indian came riding into the room,
wielding all the hatchets that had-not-been-buried afterall.

Having seldom seen such a remarkably random sight,
I later enquired as to who the stranger was, to which I was
told "Chief Screaming Chicken" riding his horse "Bleeding Heart."

Did he really mean to say that by introducing mandatory public schools
we repressed the natives right to practice blood letting and sacrifice.
And that is, somehow, a bad thing.

Mike Grouchy

Trying to be tricky, are we? I'm half tempted to start referring to you as Mr. Smith.

My counter: who is it that we are to believe in regards to what the stranger on the horse truly is? Is it what comes out of the mouthpieces of the victors or do we ask the losers, such as the stranger on the horse, as to what he represents? And do we actually believe that a nation once filled with such a diversity of tribes and tribal beliefs could be represented as having a common belief such as "blood letting and sacrifice" when the actual beliefs between those tribes were so disparate that you can have one tribe that embraces the dead and another that fears it with a passion? It's been my experience, after living within a tribe for a decade, that the tendency of the victors to homogenize the belief systems and practices between the tribes is a frequent subject of annoyance for the tribes.

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by WhiteAlice

And as a tardy ps to my above reply, is an applicable story to add to the context of the conversation. My youngest who is a member of the aforementioned tribe and had grown up there, got in trouble last year for disagreeing with a teacher. You see, her teacher was teaching the class about my daughter's own tribe and informing them that they lived in hogans and wore rug dresses and broomstick skirts. Her classmates scoffed at how backward her tribe was until, in self and tribal defense, my daughter declared that her tribe actually lived in houses like everybody else in the US and dressed like everybody else, too. She said that the favorite music of the youth in the tribe tended to be rap just like the rest of the US and that the only time they wore broomstick skirts or rug dresses were on tribal pride days as a nod to tradition.

My daughter got in trouble for saying those things even though she was absolutely right.
edit on 20/1/14 by WhiteAlice because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 03:40 AM
link   
Born with no life into subjugation, treated like a worthless animal
Stripped of all rights just a lesser being, crushed by cruel ruthless Human rule.
All we wanted was a chance to live our lives, now in darkness, taking everything we want and we will rise.
Call us liars, degenerates and killers, psychos, heartless, insane criminals
Treated like we're criminals and we should hide. From shadows We'll descend upon the world
From shadows we'll reclaim our destiny.

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 04:03 AM
link   
This a good starting video , but no matter what you think, as long as you are comfortable in you life , you will never be free .We are all deceived on a daily basis and you all support that deception, like it or not . I've posted this on , thanks .

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 04:27 AM
link   
reply to post by solongandgoodnight

we are most certainly free to be slaves....here is another vid with similar way of putting together the story

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 06:15 AM
link   
Yes, I'm glad to read this thread. Am going to add something related this " So whilst many in the west may smugly look down on blatant slave systems, yet will be unable to recognise the far more sophisticated system of slavery that most of us (96%) actual live under, as our systems of slavery have evolved mechanisms such as democracy so as to encourage the illusion of freedom, "

edit on 21-1-2014 by Macirculaire because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Read and understand those agreements you make with everyone and everything (corporations / governments) and do not agree to anything that compels performance you may not be willing to provide in the future.

Some things are nearly un-escapable or unavoidable, unless you are willing to live your life in a way in which the rest of the herd will look down on you and scorn you and file complaints about you.

Groups of slaves who believe themselves to be free look down upon those who are free as a threat.

I tried explaining things to a cow once, but the stupid bovine had no idea what it was that I was trying to get across.

Or maybe that stupid bovine, as I viewed him /her, was remaining silent by choice....

Absolutely everything in this life is a manipulation in order to exploit anyone in any way they can be exploited.

Don't play.

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 10:53 AM
link   
It's impossible not to play their game. We are a commodity. The American Dream is the rags to riches story, and it appears that is becoming increasing difficult to make that happen legally. For every Bill Gates or Mark Zuckerberg there are a million others who have had their ideas and/or inventions stolen and were left broke.

This cartoon is a good watch, even though it is 30 minutes.

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by jrod

Rags to riches would be awesome, but that doesn't have to be the only goal one strives to achieve, as you stated, not everyone can be successful, or as successful as those people we are conditioned to aspire to be as successful as.

I have everything I need, I don't work any more than I have to in order to get what I need because there really is no point to it. I have literally worked myself nearly to death in the past and decided to enjoy my life while a was young enough to still be able to. I do not collect food stamps or go to food pantries because of food allergies. I do collect a little VA disability though, and that is the only reason I am glad I was in the military.

I have met several people whose parents slaved away their whole lives toward retiring but never lived long enough to retire, nobody knows how much time they have, doctors and medications and airbags.....nothing you do will save you, may as well try to enjoy yourself as much as possible while you have the time, time could run out in 2 seconds....right now someone is checking out, everywhere, all the time.

If I were to come into some money, I would not change much, I would not need to work to get what I need anymore and probably end up giving a lot of it away.

I definitely WOULD NOT buy a house, I look at most areas and wonder how people can stand to live like they do, huge yard that has to be mowed and always complaining about the price of gas to mow it, or the cost of electricity and gas to heat a huge house, new cars that break down inside of warranty are still no better than an old car that is efficient and unobtrusive.

All of these things people think they Need enslave them to pay for those things because they have to get a loan to buy them, which in reality points out the actual problem, most are underpaid, and nearly everything is overpriced. The media influences people to want what they don't need and think they need it when they actually only want it, in order to trap people into going into debt to get it to satisfy the yearning to fill a void in their lives, that void ?, I don't know, I never suffered from that yearning really.

Edwin Bernays, nephew of Sigmund Freud started all of this psychological-salesman type stuff to make people want useless trinkets and other crap nobody needed anyway.

This world is such a damned mess.

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 12:58 PM
link   

havokTechnically we are being taught in public schools about readin', writin' and 'rithmetic....so it isn't like our "leaders" are suppressing the tools to acquire information. As of today, we all can fully inform ourselves on the current situation. Now to say that the information being taught is controlled belongs to an entire other conspiracy, as I believe it is to the extreme, but we are given the basic skills to become independently intellectual.

I respectfully disagree with this.

A public school education is all about cultivating in its victims the traits of compliance and unquestioning obedience to authority. And this Pavlovian process commences ab initio. From the very instant a student is indoctrinated into elementary school, he learns he must always seek permission from the teacher before speaking, before standing, before acting out in any way--even before exercising his own bodily functions in using the restroom.

Testing in public schools is not a matter of utilizing logic and brainpower to divine thoughtful well-reasoned answers. It's a process of memorizing then regurgitating the accepted "facts" contained in books.

Unlike their counterparts in the better private schools, public students are not taught the mechanisms of the Trivium--critical thinking and deducing logical fallacy. They merely learn there is a "right" answer, and a "wrong" answer, and the right answer is doing what your teacher/employer/government says, memorizing the procedure, regurgitating it unfailingly, then performing it flawlessly in exchange for the most superficial of rewards--the praise of those who control you.

From a very young age students are taught to seek self-worth and validation from those in authority. From a very young age they're rewarded for being good little parrots, and taught to leave the real thinking to the "elites."

This is the path to creating a useful robot, but will never churn out a real human being. Public schools deliberately omit the teaching of those things that would produce reflective, introspective, and philosophical members of society. The children are deprived the teachings of real law, real economics, real logic, and real critical thinking skills.

Instead of being taught the skills needed to divine those answers from their own minds, they're taught to depend on the minds of others--to rely on the judgment of "experts" who can tell them what to think, what to believe, and ultimately, what to become: Soulless cogs in this broken system.

This is the Prussian educational model, adopted in the United States after TPTB realized what mindless and obedient workers it could create. The public school system is nothing more than another factory designed to mass-produce a product. But instead of producing goods from raw materials, public schools transform healthy and vibrant young minds, reshaping them from free and independent human beings to compliant, interchangeable, and ultimately disposable slaves.

In short, public schools are just another symptom in our industrialized society--living machines that create servants en masse. Students are given the fundamental skills to become barely functioning members of society, but receive none of the essentials that would open their minds and imaginations to the broader and truer realities of the world around them.

Each young mind akin to a little bird that must be allowed to explore free to discover its true potential. Public schools allow them to do nothing more than fly low on a short leash. And in so doing, they stifle and destroy each child's natural ability to soar.
edit on 22-1-2014 by therealguyfawkes because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by therealguyfawkes

Just about perfect except that what we do have in the US is actually a dual system within the public school system and is dependent on child assessment. The "top" 1-2% of the perceived "intellectual elite" are given a differential learning method that is much broader and inclusive of teaching those mechanisms of the Trivium. However, even these children, who are puffed up with a sense of empowerment and destiny, definitely still have their little wings clipped and are exposed to varying degrees of State propaganda. In some ways, this could be perceived as identifying those children who are more likely to question authority naturally and putting them through a more intense educational program.

This little cartoon short by Matt Groening about sums it up and is chock full of little statements so pay attention to the details:

It's a sad day when we presume and, "often wrongly" as Groening put it. However, while the subject matter of both may differ and one may seem like a child's paradise of creativity, well, I'd question the crap out of that.

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by WhiteAlice

WhiteAlice

Just about perfect except that what we do have in the US is actually a dual system within the public school system and is dependent on child assessment. The "top" 1-2% of the perceived "intellectual elite" are given a differential learning method that is much broader and inclusive of teaching those mechanisms of the Trivium. However, even these children, who are puffed up with a sense of empowerment and destiny, definitely still have their little wings clipped and are exposed to varying degrees of State propaganda. In some ways, this could be perceived as identifying those children who are more likely to question authority naturally and putting them through a more intense educational program.

Yep, very true. I was one of those hand-picked for the "gifted and talented" program at my public school. While my classmates learned how to color within the lines, I and the others in that program were given free reign and funding to perform quarterly independent research projects. I was fortunate enough to be exposed to Greek philosophy before I was 10, and was given the free reign and liberal education necessary to begin taking prizes in national science comps before I was 12.

Among my first memories from that program is learning to do little word puzzles with the handful of other "chosen" students. Only much later, when preparing to apply for graduate schools, did I realize our G&T teacher from elementary school had been teaching us how to work through logic puzzles from the LSAT....

And only after the Internet came around did I realize what happened that day where we were each taken aside, one by one... and given Zener Card Tests to ascertain any latent psychic potential.

So I'm not speaking against the system from a position of one victimized and trampled by it. Rather, I'm speaking out from the position of one who wishes other kids could have had the same opportunity to experience real learning through those formative years to develop their minds to the utmost potential.

edit on 22-1-2014 by therealguyfawkes because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Ironically enough, me, too. For all that encouragement towards questioning, I never once questioned my own education until a few years ago. I just considered myself a bit alien in my thinking and attributed it to everything else but G&T. Then, when I went back to college, I had the most curious thing happen. Took a few classes from the same professor who started every semester by asking the class how many had actually had formal training in critical thinking and logic. Took three classes from him and out of those classes of 30+ students, it was usually just myself and one other who would raise their hands. It was a pretty flooring and bewildering experience to be such an extreme minority and the professor would then curse the educational establishment for failing to teach so many students such important things. His actions are what ultimately forced me to focus my eyes on the US educational system, itself, and I'm mad.

Telephone game, license plate identification, systems thinking, trending and analysis, problem solving, speed reading, memory improvement, game theory and more here. While other kids were doing god knows what in their class, I was doing a project on galaxies from their types to theories on their formation. And yep, stuffed with more Greek mythology than you can shake a stick at but I'm guessing that's for the Hero's Journey project.

And yes, I remember the Zener cards and going home to use a simple deck of cards in the hopes of improving my accuracy. Twelve years old, pounding out the cards and calculating the percentage of hits. Kind of funny in hindsight but to most people, the idea of such a thing being within the public school system would immediately equate to the declarer of such facts as being most likely delusional. So I'm backing you up on that, too. I went digging and sure enough, they were looking for children with exotic abilities in it, too.

I'm not mad because I had such a differential learning experience. I'm mad that this isn't the norm of education for ALL children because it is such a vast educational gap that it creates and it is totally unjust and elitest. The programs really are and they are the progeny of some serious *insert expletives here*. I want to see the entire educational system reformed to eliminate this gap and give every child an equal opportunity to thrive.

I'm with you.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join