It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Human Farming: The Illusion Of Freedom

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 06:46 AM
link   
I came across this video this morning and I honestly believe it's a great illustration of how are government actually operates. Most of us already know (I hope) there is no real difference between our two major political parties. It is nothing more than an illusion that we have a real choice of how our government governs us.

The illusion has worked fairly well for them for a long time, but people are starting to smell the rotting stink. If you have social media like facebook (I do not, but most do), you may want to share this. Who knows, maybe it will open someone's eyes.

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Problem is, no one sees this as an issue. Everyone complies, and those that raise questions, like the Samuel character, are ridiculed and called a "conspiracy theorist". It is a great video, with a subject that echoes throughout the people these days, that something is wrong. The way we have forgotten how much power we actually have over the slave owners I blame on the mainstream media and entertainment. Those two things have brainwashed people around the world into subservient creatures that bow their heads in collective shame when any type of metaphorical "whip" is presented.

With all that in mind, the one thing we should all be doing as a people and nation is learning how to live without their system. I feel that these slave masters are slowly incorporating their plans to a complete and total rule, albeit silently and methodically, and we are slowly complying in the fear that they themselves create. Period.

*S&F*

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 07:37 AM
link   
I sincerely believe that an in depth look at what Orwell was trying to show in Animal Farm would give people a deeper insight to what governments do today than 1984. 1984 just shows the results of what happens when national governments pursue an Animal Farm mentality. Every government is trying to maximize the efficiency and productivity of their populations through a combination of veiled slavery and the illusion of freedom. Eventually a world government will settle on the most productive balance.

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 08:14 AM
link   

VictorVonDoom
I sincerely believe that an in depth look at what Orwell was trying to show in Animal Farm would give people a deeper insight to what governments do today than 1984. 1984 just shows the results of what happens when national governments pursue an Animal Farm mentality. Every government is trying to maximize the efficiency and productivity of their populations through a combination of veiled slavery and the illusion of freedom. Eventually a world government will settle on the most productive balance.

Where one may see veiled slavery and the illusion of freedom, I see excessive exuberance and a lack of diligence in study.

Is society actually keeping us down? Or are we a little too out of control a little too often. Are we not as often in diligent pursuit of study, as we are jailed. And if one is to be jailed, didn't Selma, and the freedom riders show how all it takes is a little art from the jailhouse to _still_ get the message out. Myself I see in the behaviors of large groups of humans a tendency towards excessive exuberance in all the wrong places because it is entertaining and easier to not guard one's own thoughts when another is already exceeding the norms.

What I think we both object too is the way the main stream media characterizes what is important and by omission what is not.

Mike Grouchy
edit on 20-1-2014 by mikegrouchy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 09:03 AM
link   

mikegrouchy

VictorVonDoom

Where one may see veiled slavery and the illusion of freedom, I see excessive exuberance and a lack of diligence in study.

Is society actually keeping us down? Or are we a little too out of control a little too often. Are we not as often in diligent pursuit of study, as we are jailed. And if one is to be jailed, didn't Selma, and the freedom riders show how all it takes is a little art from the jailhouse to _still_ get the message out. Myself I see in the behaviors of large groups of humans a tendency towards excessive exuberance in all the wrong places because it is entertaining and easier to not guard one's own thoughts when another is already exceeding the norms.

What I think we both object too is the way the main stream media characterizes what is important and by omission what is not.

Mike Grouchy
edit on 20-1-2014 by mikegrouchy because: (no reason given)
sorry mike, it's probably my fault, but can you dumb down what you're saying for me? I don't follow you 100%,

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 09:12 AM
link   

solongandgoodnight
sorry mike, it's probably my fault, but can you dumb down what you're saying for me? I don't follow you 100%,

Freud famously wrote Civilization and its Discontents (wiki) where he posited that man will always be unhappy because it is the role of Government to repress his baser instincts.

I have a different view. It is a lot harder to raise generations of literate children than it is to be discontent. It is not that society is repressing us per se. but that we are not diligent enough in our study of whatever it is we are to be talented at. In other words, who is it specifically that is oppressing us?

Mike Grouchy

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 09:13 AM
link   
The movie " The matrix " illustrated the same thing, as in anyone still hardwired (dependent on it, and ignorant of the truth of what it really is ) into the system is a threat to those who are unplugged from the system.

I have been literally called a criminal by people on occasion, sometimes directly, sometimes not, for making the observation that we are really nothing more than slaves as far as the agreements, contracts and wacko beliefs we agree to and assume in this life to get by.

Most live their lives a certain way out of fear, and somehow have convinced themselves they live their lives out of love. As in, I am going to be all nicey nice and happy and read the bible and practice the word of god so I don't go to hell when I die (soul insurance)....Am I underinsured (fear of the unknown), do I need a new car this year ? (fear out of ignorance of how to repair it, and looking bad to strangers driving a beater)...Worry about how they appear to others, when nobody really cares anyway...

Fear and Love, same as dark and light, same as up and down, opposites are required to understand the difference between extremes, there is a natural balance to things until people show up and knock it all off kilter.

The farmer keeps his livestock doped so they are docile and controllable.

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by mikegrouchy

I agree with that, that a lot of the time we oppress ourselves because we lose track of how to behave, everything changes regarding freedom when you move from a place like out in the mountains or in the countryside into the city.

Same as when moving from anarchy to whatever type of government, anarchy would be just fine if there were not so many hooligans about which need to have some form of control inflicted upon them to keep them from harming those who behave and can get along in some kind of socially orderly setting.

A lot of people I know, who are educated to the point that you would think they would know better, don't seem to know any better.

We would probably enjoy a lot more freedom if more of us didn't misbehave, even if we are being farmed.

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 09:38 AM
link   

mikegrouchy

solongandgoodnight

Freud famously wrote Civilization and its Discontents (wiki) where he posited that man will always be unhappy because it is the role of Government to repress his baser instincts.

I have a different view. It is a lot harder to raise generations of literate children than it is to be discontent. It is not that society is repressing us per se. but that we are not diligent enough in our study of whatever it is we are to be talented at. In other words, who is it specifically that is oppressing us?

Mike Grouchy

Who is oppressing us? Major corporations that write laws to benefit them through lobbying. It's called greed.

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 09:55 AM
link   

solongandgoodnight

Who is oppressing us? Major corporations that write laws to benefit them through lobbying. It's called greed.

Well don't stop there.

What is the symbol of corporate greed?

Mike Grouchy

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by VictorVonDoom

While Orwell and most literary scholars agree than Animal Farm was a satire on the Russian revolution, I do believe a lot in the book is relevant in today's world.

The Seven Commandments of Animalism being rewritten without the rest of the animals knowing is relevant today, also Napoleon's attack dogs are a good symbol of the police state that silences opposing ideas. The class of animals, with only the pigs on top while the others are slaves to the farm is another good parallel in today's society.

I think Huxley's A Brave New World is a great read and in today's society there are so many distractions, so much information, that the truth is difficult to find and sometimes even more difficult to believe.

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 10:14 AM
link   

jrod

While Orwell and most literary scholars agree than Animal Farm was a satire on the Russian revolution, I do believe a lot in the book is relevant in today's world.

On animal farm did the rulers teach literacy.
In Uncle Toms Cabin didn't he get in trouble for teaching people to read.

With the Russian revolution, yes they teach literacy, but the question has always been to the nature of the state controlled propaganda they teach. The USA has always been about open libraries and preservation of all literature.

Mike Grouchy

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 10:32 AM
link   

In Animal Farm, Snowball tried to teach the others how to read, though not all the animals were smart enough to master it. After Snowball was exiled then it started to go down hill at the farm, however Napoleon used Snowball as a scapegoat for the farm's problems. It has been a few decades since I read it, but that is how I remember it.

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 10:43 AM
link   

mikegrouchy
The USA has always been about open libraries and preservation of all literature.

Mike Grouchy

There are many banned books that the library will not carry. Our public schools have an increasing number of great books they can not use in their curriculum because they are 'too controversial'.

History is not always written accurately, for instance most Americans believe the Civil War was solely about slavery. Before WWII broke out, we were friendly to Hitler and his regime and he was even invited to the White House, yet many do not know this.

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 10:50 AM
link   
I have to agree with Grouchy in terms.

If his supposition is that we are failing to educate ourselves enough to see what is wrong or make a change, that is. Technically we are being taught in public schools about readin', writin' and 'rithmetic....so it isn't like our "leaders" are suppressing the tools to acquire information. As of today, we all can fully inform ourselves on the current situation. Now to say that the information being taught is controlled belongs to an entire other conspiracy, as I believe it is to the extreme, but we are given the basic skills to become independently intellectual.

If that is what he is saying, then yes I concur.

But we all still need to take the time away from these control mechanisms, and inform ourselves. For until the time comes where everyone knows the scoop, we remain under their controlled system.

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 11:05 AM
link   

havok
I have to agree with Grouchy in terms.

....so it isn't like our "leaders" are suppressing the tools to acquire information. As of today, we all can fully inform ourselves on the current situation. Now to say that the information being taught is controlled belongs to an entire other conspiracy, as I believe it is to the extreme, but we are given the basic skills to become independently intellectual.

I agree. I think a lot of what is taught is being restricted by political correctness. We all have the skills to become independent intellectuals, however we are bombarded with so much information today and most is it is trash, the real skill is sorting out the truth from the trash.

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by havok

Becoming "Independently Intellectual" is precisely what we are not taught in school, by the time some of us figure out what is going on here we are too old and / or have made too many mistakes in life for the herd to listen to us and take us seriously if we were to pursue a position to make any real change.

MSM is full of stories that discredit people in high places with some pretty ridiculous rumors and accusations that the herd actually believes without having any first hand knowledge of the issue / story themselves, they just believe it because they are gullible, figure it must be true because they trust the media....

I see the education we are offered as just enough to go out and be taken advantage of by the legal system and corporations and banks and such, to find ourselves completely hobbled, trapped.

A teacher saves you the time of learning complex, standardized information, the student, if taught to be intellectually independent will have gone far beyond what they learned in school, but most peter out once they are buried in debt, raising kids, paying a mortgage and working a low paying job which becomes lower paying as time goes on and the cost of living keeps going up, up, up....work harder and harder for the same necessities every year.

Debt is often the only control mechanism needed to stop real individual development and intellectual development in its tracks.

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by MyHappyDogShiner

I share the same sentiments.

But how much can a teenager accept with their underdeveloped mind? They say that we don't even experience rational thoughts until after the age of 18, which ironically happens after most schooling ends. We are given the basic tools to learn for ourselves in a multitude of different subjects. Heck, sometimes we are given choices on which classes to learn from. I believe it is after that time in one's life, it is then up to the individual to decide if they want to pursue a life where knowledge comes first or pleasure.

Most people chose pleasure because they see it on the TV. Now, that is a problem.

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 12:32 PM
link   

I don't believe you will find any anti-Zionist books in your local library, nor your school library, nor your local book review journals. That has been controlled for decades.

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 12:37 PM
link   

jrod

mikegrouchy
The USA has always been about open libraries and preservation of all literature.

Mike Grouchy

There are many banned books that the library will not carry. Our public schools have an increasing number of great books they can not use in their curriculum because they are 'too controversial'.

History is not always written accurately, for instance most Americans believe the Civil War was solely about slavery. Before WWII broke out, we were friendly to Hitler and his regime and he was even invited to the White House, yet many do not know this.

Yes. One must seek out the writings of those most hated by the mainstream press in order to get a more thorough view of history. The "winners" are quite particular about keeping many things hidden.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join