It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Military Draft is knocking gently at the door for now.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 01:01 AM
link   
What the hell are you talking about, DAUSAARMY has not commented on this topic nor is there anyone registered as that

-Dagger

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Joining the army is silly, all their actions are controled by one mind.

You have your own mind, be your own leader.

The reality the government manpulates you into joining there army using propanganda tatictics.

Worldwar1
Worldwar2
Muslimwars
vietnam
iraq version 1
iraq version 2

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 01:13 AM
link   
I want Us (We the People of the United States of America) to take back our goverment and its just silly that we have let Mafioso's as the BUSH family tell us what to do. For one terrorism is "NOT" repeat "NOT"the reason of this war and it makes no sense when it's only obvious.

I fight here taking back our goverment a civil war dummy, people should be more concern of the home front so the world lets get our own priorities straight before we brown nose in place we need not to be in, and having US citizens dying for And for ur info DAUSAARMy is a user but I gotinto the wrong thread..

[edit on 21-11-2004 by 2ndSEED]

[edit on 21-11-2004 by Thomas Crowne]

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by bullshipper
ok, then you want to wait and fight them in are streets over here in america, i see.

Do you think our government is doing any thing to stop them from being here now?
a guy managed to jump the fence at the white house,if he'd had a bomb,BOOOOM!!!and im sure we would have been able to tie him to an iranian terroist group.
they arent our enemy but for our government.
do you think the war in iraq is truly making us safer?would a war on mars protect us from asteroids?would we praise the leader for making us safer?

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 01:18 AM
link   
marg,
Under what cicumstances did your husband join the military? Have your children been forced to join the services yet? Just curious.

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 01:27 AM
link   
Iran and North Korea, two nations in what Bush has branded an "axis of evil," dominated the president's attention along with trade and economic issues at the opening of a 21-nation summit of Asian-Pacific leaders. Russian President Vladimir Putin agreed with Bush on the need to maintain pressure on Iran and prevent it from acquiring nuclear weapons, the United States said.

Thus THY NOT SEE? What this war in IRAQ is becoming, before you know it we're goona kill the human race and it seems our leaders careless, human life to them has no value.....

And there is a JUSTICE system and we have put guilt on innocent and may soon pay for it with our own American blood....

[edit on 21-11-2004 by 2ndSEED]

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by dcgolf
marg,
Under what cicumstances did your husband join the military? Have your children been forced to join the services yet? Just curious.

Thats a cheap shot.
Would you give your children to the war machine Dcgolf?

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Samhain

Originally posted by dcgolf
marg,

Thats a cheap shot.
Would you give your children to the war machine Dcgolf?

How is that a cheap shot? If my children decided to join the military as many have since 9/11, I would be sad, but proud.

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 01:52 AM
link   
"How is that a cheap shot? If my children decided to join the military as many have since 9/11, I would be sad, but proud."

and thats an easy out,your starting to sound like a politician

I would be sad with you.i would be sad becasue their love for their country was manipulated to further an administrations personal goals.

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by project_pisces
It will soon become a loud banging and eventually a total kick down the door scenario,,,,YOUR GOIN BOY!!! FALL OUT!!!!!

Man With Pot Given Choice: Jail or Military
www.kron.com...
SALINAS, Calif. (AP) -- A Salinas man will have to choose between going to jail or joining the military as his punishment for possession of marijuana.
A judge surprised both the prosecution and defense yesterday when he told Brian Barr that he could avoid a jail term by enlisting in the military.

[edit on 20-11-2004 by project_pisces]

This does not surprise me in the least. This same kind of deal was offered to the "draft age" young men that had run-ins with the law in the early 1970's. I knew one kid that had this offer made to him and he took it instead of jail time.

Get ready kids and parents they'll be banging on your doors to take your sons and daughters that are 18 and older. The sad thing about this is,........... if your family member doesn't come home from the war,.......... old Uncle Sam will be giving out a cold piece of material in the colors of Red,White, and Blue, to hold and honor your loved one, (shaking head), IMO, that folded-up flag is not worth the price.

I hope that whoever voted for Dubya for a second term,.......... are proud of theirselves and happy with this outcome.

My hands are clean.

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 02:28 AM
link   
NM

[edit on 11/21/2004 by Lecky]

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 02:39 AM
link   
If this war lasts longer than four years and there is a draft, I'm not going. I don't believe this war is in any way patriotic. But I'm not afraid to die for my country. I would die to get rid of the parts of the Patriot Act that limit our God give, unalienable, constitutional rights. Besides, the parts of my family that have endured wars would never let me enlist in the military if I wanted to. They'd drag me out of this country kicking and screaming.

[edit on 21-11-2004 by Otto_States]

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 02:49 AM
link   
First off, there's nothing that compares to an all volunteer military. Why mess with it unless we are attacked. If we are attacked, I imagine there'll be more volunteers.

As far as the Republicans sending their children to the military, many of us have already been, and many of us are still in, and many of us have children in now. Who the Heck do you think you're talking too?

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 03:12 AM
link   
I am now in my mid forties, If asked or drafted I would gladly go serve a stint for my country - maybe I can take the place of one of you very afraid 18-25 year olds that are scared to do so.

Just don't blame me for the wrath suffered upon my return.

Yup go ahead and go to Canada or wherever, never expect respect to be offered by anyone in your place though.

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 03:14 AM
link   
Phoenix, they wouldn't take us. The military has changed too much for us. We're dinosaurs who didn't have a card in our pockets to pull out when the DI's got too mean. I'm afraid we'd make the Drill Sergeants cry!

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 03:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
Phoenix, they wouldn't take us. The military has changed too much for us. We're dinosaurs who didn't have a card in our pockets to pull out when the DI's got too mean. I'm afraid we'd make the Drill Sergeants cry!

Em, I'd like to see the DI's cry - it would provide a certain satisfaction if you know what I mean - although I think it would be for an entirely different reason that they would cry when recieving some of our younger draftees.

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by IamIronMan
I wanted to post a thread on this but I wasn't sure where to put it. This seems to be as good a place as any. I wanted to pose a question to the "of age" members here. If a draft is imposed by good ole Dubbya, will you be one to stand up and serve your country, even if you don't believe its the right war to be fighting??? Or will you be a draft dodger running to canada?

IMO, I will stand up and fight for our country.

[edit on 11/20/2004 by IamIronMan]

Stand up and fight for lies and the PNAC, bull# no way pal. This War is about oil, money, religion, and a strategic military bases located in the middle east. The U.S. doesn't care about the freedom of the Iraqi people, are you dense man? This war has nothing to do with trorrism, we are the terrorist's, in a land where we have no right to be. So go fight for lies, be a patriot.

[edit on 21-11-2004 by TheInfidel]

[edit on 21-11-2004 by TheInfidel]

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Religion? Explain yourself.

PNAC? A conservative think tank, scares you? LOL!

Do you have anything but generalized and convoluted thoughts? Any specific?

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by project_pisces
It will soon become a loud banging and eventually a total kick down the door scenario,,,,YOUR GOIN BOY!!! FALL OUT!!!!!

Man With Pot Given Choice: Jail or Military
www.kron.com...
SALINAS, Calif. (AP) -- A Salinas man will have to choose between going to jail or joining the military as his punishment for possession of marijuana.
A judge surprised both the prosecution and defense yesterday when he told Brian Barr that he could avoid a jail term by enlisting in the military.

Government looking at military draft lists
By ALMA WALZER
The Monitor
www.brownsvilleherald.com...
The Selective Service System (SSS) and the U.S. Department of Education now are gearing up to compare their computer records, to make sure all men between the ages of 18 and 25 who are required to register for a military draft have done so.

The SSS and the education department will begin comparing their lists on Jan. 1, 2005, according to a memo authored by Jack Martin, acting Selective Service director.

Whats my point?

You been had my friend. Remember,,,No Draft

[edit on 20-11-2004 by project_pisces]

Judges for 100's of years have often given the option to join the military to get our of going to jail.

They compare the list every few years...your point

You do realize that this is just liberal propoganda? You do recall that the whole drafe thing was started by a democrat putting it on the table...

It was defeated with only 1 vote for the draft....

check your facts.

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Thomas and Phoenix,

You are old mans to served, so lucky you, and for Phoenix you never served at all, hummmmm.

Now a volunteer arm forces have not choice as where their commanding in chief sends them but the ones that chose not to go in the service like Mr. Phoenix here should not be force to do it.

No for any unjustly war anyway.

But who knows may be before the draft we happened to be attack by KN and Iran because Mr. Bush will say so.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join