It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Here comes the ObamaCare Bailout less than a month after it is implemented..1 Trillion Dollars...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by kurthall

I agree 100% and it is not harsh. Reality is harsh sometimes.

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 12:47 PM
link   
This will boost the income to the medical industry more than the insurance industry. People will decide to go to a doctor to get a checkup or for a minor illness since they now have insurance and are paying whether they are using it or not. People will go for evaluating for mental health since it is covered. How crazy are we to not see what is going on here. Pharmaceutical companies love this new insurance plan, doctors prescribe meds.

If you examine this, I think big Pharma is actually the one with the pull and most to gain here.

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 01:01 PM
link   

rickymouse
This will boost the income to the medical industry more than the insurance industry. People will decide to go to a doctor to get a checkup or for a minor illness since they now have insurance and are paying whether they are using it or not. People will go for evaluating for mental health since it is covered. How crazy are we to not see what is going on here. Pharmaceutical companies love this new insurance plan, doctors prescribe meds.

If you examine this, I think big Pharma is actually the one with the pull and most to gain here.

There are 2 things here that many have not thought if either, and I am glad you brought it up.

1. Because of the PPACA, many doctors are retiring and/or fixing prices to be more affordable. This could be a good thing with the fixed prices but you will be losing some of the experience of older professionals that are needed to mentor younger doctors.

2. The mental health evaluation. That is included and wanted by the government so they can pass the legislation that anyone who has visited a Mental HEalth pro cannot own a handgun, basically, as it will be reported for review on a background check.

A lose-lose situation that the current government structure will love.

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by matafuchs

Man, that is so heavy even the bunny in your avatar seems to be in an uproar.

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Considering everything Obama has managed to pull off-all in his efforts to make sure that this Democracy is dead-this news does not surprise me. He will whittle away at the middle class until the point that they are broke and poor. The sheeples are easier to control when they depend on the government for everything.

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 01:27 PM
link   

zeroBelief

matafuchs
reply to post by zeroBelief

The reason many people could not have or did not have healthcare was not so much cost but also preexisting conditions. That is what should have been addressed. Cost and preexisting. However...

1. Costs rose and did not get cheaper
2. Pre-existing coverage under the PPACA means you cannot be denied coverage but that does not mean you condition is covered

It was a tax package and should not have been. We needed regulation of the insurance companies not regulation of our citizens if you know what I mean.

You've got no argument coming from me. Not one bit. Like I said, the system we had was broken. I think we're going to have to crack a few eggs to make this omelet.

I'm just hoping that somehow, positive change will come as a result of the boondoggle we're currently experiencing. Remember, change is painful.

Yes, but not all change is for the better.

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 01:29 PM
link   
gee...another riveting insightful ACA bashing....how original and fresh. doesn't it get boring just talking to yourselves all the time?

(post by zeroBelief removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

Which plan do you have, how much are your premiums and what is your deductible?

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 02:09 PM
link   

I blame ALL the Obama supporters and voters for this crap we are being dealt with today... Thanks A LOT!!! I can't believe these people didn't only vote for this fool once, but they did it a second time.......

Obamacare SHOULD be against the law, this SHOULD have never became a bill, this SHOULD have never gotten as far as it has today...... We are in a world of hurt if we allow this crap to continue, this bill needs to be repealed ASAP..

Is this the "hope and change" you all wanted???
edit on 13-1-2014 by jhn7537 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 02:12 PM
link   

I don't think that is what was said.

Most of us recognize that the system needed change. However, there is an ocean wide divide on what the best methods would have been. Also, it is the basic realization that just because a thing exists does not always mean that it must be changed, and change merely for the sake of change is rarely a good idea. Obamacare in many aspects is change for the sake of change as it makes sweeping changes rather than targeted ones.

I would hope that all of us can at least agree that this is not it. This is fascism. They can't even make the website run on time.

edit on 13-1-2014 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 02:13 PM
link   

jimmyx
gee...another riveting insightful ACA bashing....how original and fresh. doesn't it get boring just talking to yourselves all the time?

Celebrate Jimmy!

You got your single-payer.

*a sarcastic "woot"*

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

This is not a bashing. It is a reporting of the rape of the American Taxpayer. No hello. No choice. No kiss goodnight. Just the rape of our paychecks, not even our wallets.

Before Obamacare there was NO one who could not be given emergency care. No one. It was already a law but no one seems to know that. The big complaint was pre-existing conditions and this is not resolved either. With a healthcare system, the government has the ability to know whatever it wants about anyone who gets treated...for anything...anywhere. It allows access to financials as well as other sensitive information that was previously not available.

I don't care what other administrations did at this point. I am just pissed half the voters, not half the country, allowed this to happen.

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 02:35 PM
link   

very good. There will probably be more beneficial side effects for the government in this. As more and more people are put on antidepressants, more and more people will be dopey and they won't be able to see what is going on. Best part, the government won't be paying for many of these dopes, people will be talked into taking them by professionals. Although I believe that there are some people that need these, I believe that most people would benefit more by relieving the stress caused by trying to keep up with others. We do not need to be like others, we can't hold them on a pedestal and set our goals higher and higher. We need to work and use what money we make to support ourselves in a practical lifestyle. We do not need the best cell phone technology, we do not need a great car. We do not need to turn a seven dollar roast into an entry that costs thirty bucks because we use special marinades and elaborate recipes. What happened to sticking a roast in the oven and adding some salt and pepper, water, and some onions...then throwing in some cut potatoes and carrots an hour before you eat. You don't need all the crap on the food they want us to buy. We don't need two hundred channels on TV to choose from.

We have been BSed that simplicity is not good enough. Complicating your life is the new thing. What happened to painting on a piece of wood, why do you need an expensive canvas. I remember when doing simple things was fun and complicated things were not the norm.

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Have you ever heard the phrase, out of the frying pan into the fire? Why change something if the situation doesn't improve after the change? Yes it was terrible before, most will argue that it is worse now. Besides if they put in as much thought on the aca as they did the website it is bound to fail.

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

It all went downhill when Oprah told moms 'do not let your kids drink out of the house on the side of the house....' Then, between Prozac, valium and smartphones/tablets there became no critical thinking.

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Obamacare was set up to fail.

The insurance industry knew just how to cheat the system so they would not have to insure everyone.

Then the ADA started to sign up people the first people to sign up were the sick.

This allowed the insurance industry to raise there rates through the roof.

And this caused the young and in good health not to sign up when they saw the high rates.

This will allow the insurance industry to claim they need help and at the same time in a year they will rise the rates again claiming not enough of the people in good health are signing up.

The insurance industry wrote obamacare through there lobbyist in congress.

In a year when big companies have to supply health insurance you will see the rates jump because the big corporations will not buy insurance but will set up in-house insurance.
IE. Kaiser Permanente was set up for the workers at the Kaiser shipyards during WW2.
en.wikipedia.org...
Kaiser Permanente is still one of the country's largest nonprofit HMO.

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 03:47 PM
link   

zeroBelief

butcherguy

Where we had people unable to afford basic healthcare, and thus clogging up the ER system as a result, driving hospital prices even higher than they already were.

They are still coming to the ER for the sniffles.
We paid for them then, we still pay for them now... we just pay a lot more.

The biggest change we have seen from Obamacare is the amount of money leaving our pockets. And this is just the beginning!

Apparently you missed the VERY FIRST THING I SAID....

I am NOT pro-Obamacare

What I said WAS.....that hopefully, some sort of momentum will come of this...and we might head in the right direction....which is affordable healthcare for all....not abuses of the system....

Now, is that something you'd like to argue, too?

A rose by any other name, smells the same. You say one thing to open, then your views and the rest of your post says something else.

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 04:07 PM
link   
"Lesser" countries, mainly those who do not fight wars in every corner of the globe for corporate profit, have FREE health care for their citizens.

Time once again for me to call for the removal of ALL DEMOCRATS AND REPUBLICANS FROM OFFICE. WE HAVE BEEN FAILED BY EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM. They have sold out to the corporations before they even get to Washington.

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 04:21 PM
link   

beezzer

I don't see how this will improve upon anything.

People will be paying more for poorer service.

This is single-payer.

If you have any idea as to how this might improve upon the system, please elucidate!

It wasn't meant to improve anything. It was meant to buy votes and control the people...at their expense.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join