It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Here comes the ObamaCare Bailout less than a month after it is implemented..1 Trillion Dollars...

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 02:28 PM
link   

matafuchs
reply to post by zeroBelief

It was organized and as another said they(we) were called racist and evil, audited by the IRS and called loonies. More than 40 times the legislation was questioned and NOTHING was done. It was just called Republicans causing problems and look where we are.

Put down as people who did not want to help those in need that did not have insurance or had pre-existing conditions that did not allow coverage. Scare tactics. Those who do not have insurance could not afford it. So, they made it more expensive and cut Medicaid, allowing states to choose to extend coverage so the blame does not rest on the administration. This created MORE people who could not afford it and cut out more of the poor. How in the hell is that change worth it?

edit on 01am31amf0000002014-01-14T10:41:39-06:001039 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

One more time, I'll say...change starts with change.

THE WAY this went down, it was doomed. I never said it didn't end up that way, or wouldn't.

ALL I've said is....we are at least now primed for going somewhere better. We're not still sitting where we were. Yes, where we are at now sucks. But, with any luck, it'll improve. That denotes a certain degree of hope on my part, but, it is what it is.

I didn't create, edit, modify, or promote the Obamacare bill. I did not vote for Obama. I do not intend to do anything that would promote the current version of Obamacare.

Is that spelled out enough?

edit on 14-1-2014 by zeroBelief because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-1-2014 by zeroBelief because: just to make absolutely sure....

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 02:38 PM
link   

zeroBelief

matafuchs

It was organized and as another said they(we) were called racist and evil, audited by the IRS and called loonies. More than 40 times the legislation was questioned and NOTHING was done. It was just called Republicans causing problems and look where we are.

Put down as people who did not want to help those in need that did not have insurance or had pre-existing conditions that did not allow coverage. Scare tactics. Those who do not have insurance could not afford it. So, they made it more expensive and cut Medicaid, allowing states to choose to extend coverage so the blame does not rest on the administration. This created MORE people who could not afford it and cut out more of the poor. How in the hell is that change worth it?

edit on 01am31amf0000002014-01-14T10:41:39-06:001039 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

THE WAY this went down, it was doomed. I never said it didn't end up that way, or wouldn't.

ALL I've said is....we are at least now primed for going somewhere better. We're not still sitting where we were. Yes, where we are at now sucks. But, with any luck, it'll improve. That denotes a certain degree of hope on my part, but, it is what it is.

I didn't create, edit, modify, or promote the Obamacare bill. I did not vote for Obama. I do not intend to do anything that would promote the current version of Obamacare.

Primed for change? Are you serious? You are contradicting yourself in you statements. The way it went down was doomed but with luck it will improve. That is like saying I hate my spouse beats me but it will get better. Hope does not make anything better and neither does change. You could change partners and they may beat you more.

If you did not vote for Obama how could you think his change will eventually get better? No, it is not spelled out enough. You simply sound like someone who would not and will not ever do anything to make it better because you think it is what it is.

It sucks...and change is not what was needed. Regulation is what was needed. Oversight is what was needed.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 03:16 PM
link   

matafuchs

zeroBelief

matafuchs

Primed for change? Are you serious? You are contradicting yourself in you statements. The way it went down was doomed but with luck it will improve. That is like saying I hate my spouse beats me but it will get better. Hope does not make anything better and neither does change. You could change partners and they may beat you more.

If you did not vote for Obama how could you think his change will eventually get better? No, it is not spelled out enough. You simply sound like someone who would not and will not ever do anything to make it better because you think it is what it is.

It sucks...and change is not what was needed. Regulation is what was needed. Oversight is what was needed.

Have fun, bub....enjoy your thread. If you don't want to discuss something, why bother?

This thread is all yours.....enjoy......

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by matafuchs

Why gripe about this one instance of Government control and just one more way for them to screw us? They will not change and no matter who is in office this was coming regardless, maybe not so bad in one shot but it was coming. Until most American wake up and say no more complaining about it will not do anything. You want to know who is really getting screwed more than anyone?

The person who is disabled through no fault of his own, can not work and has to wait two f-ing years for the government to decide you are disabled. NO help what so ever! Obamacare does not help anyone who makes under 12,000.00 a year and Florida will not give a male who is under sixty any help unless he is a minority with kids or been on disability for two years after the feds make you wait two years.

That is a crop of crap in a bun!

The white guy is getting screwed, that is who! The guys who have made all the right choices in life and paid his taxes, busted his ass for this country to only get shafted time and time again by our government. Our tax dollars can help Mexicans but not us, that really should piss people off more than anything.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Comment wasn't directed at you.........directed at those who will not see. Your eyes are fine. I still have one more year with my healthcare and from what I'm reading I'm in for a real treat when I get to go shopping for something I didn't need. And to top it all off I will have to pay my premium along with someone else's. Now I find out I'm going to have to bail out the insurance companies too. I don't mind helping my fellow man out as long as we are all sharing in it one way or another. But this is getting ridiculous.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Your post isn't scaring me buddy. Truth is because of the law insurance companies are LOSING money. They will be forced to keep people on their plan even if they are dying of cancer, or other expensive treatments.

Also, they are losing money by having to ACCEPT AMERICANS WITH PRE-EXISTING CONDITIONS!

So take your fear mongering post somewhere else...the law helps MOST of our country. This is a democracy...so if you're part of the percentage that it didn't help. Sorry about your luck, that's the way a democracy works. We vote, majority wins.

The penalty isn't that much either...so really it's not something to lose sleep over either way. There are far more important things to be crying about in this country...and HEALTHCARE REFORM is NOT one of them! This is just the first step of many, eventually the USA will catch up with the rest of the industrialized world and provide Healthcare for all Tax payers. Until then, it just a slow reform in that direction.

Peace and Chicken Grease!

edit on 14-1-2014 by JRockABM because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 04:44 PM
link   

JRockABM

Your post isn't scaring me buddy. Truth is because of the law insurance companies are LOSING money. They will be forced to keep people on their plan even if they are dying of cancer, or other expensive treatments.

Also, they are losing money by having to ACCEPT AMERICANS WITH PRE-EXISTING CONDITIONS!

An entire industry is losing money based on a mandate by government.

So take your fear mongering post somewhere else...the law helps MOST of our country. This is a democracy...so if you're part of the percentage that it didn't help. Sorry about your luck, that's the way a democracy works. We vote, majority wins.

This law helps about 10% of the country that didn't have insurance. The 90% that did are screwed. And um, representative republic. Not a democracy.

The penalty isn't that much either...so really it's not something to lose sleep over either way. There are far more important things to be crying about in this country...and HEALTHCARE REFORM is NOT one of them! This is just the first step of many, eventually the USA will catch up with the rest of the industrialized world and provide Healthcare for all Tax payers. Until then, it just a slow reform in that direction.

Peace and Chicken Grease!

edit on 14-1-2014 by JRockABM because: (no reason given)

Yes, it will be a slow crawl away from the country based on individuality and freedom and more towards a European-style country.

Irony in that America was founded to be NOT a European country.

Well, 200 years, give or take.

It was a good run.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Arkansas is a abuzz with folks touting their new Health + Vision + Dental. It would be pretty tough to take back the promises made.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 04:56 PM
link   

What country was that in where gas was $2/gal when Big Oil was in office? I remember drastic and sudden increases during both Bush Administrations, strong dollars and low gas prices during Clinton admin, and a gradual build up toward Bush II prices throughout Obama's administration (the difference being a steadily growing economy during the Obama admin after the 2008 crash.) Maybe you just wanted to display your political lean so those reading the OP would take it with a grain of NaCl.

Anyhow, I thought everyone was aware the ACA would cost money, but my AM radio was trying to convince me it was more like a trillion annually, rather than over several years. What I wonder is, how much less are we going to pay in Medicaid and will the annual 20% increases we were experiencing be slowed now that healthcare for the uninsured, who visit the emergency room for the commoncold even, won't be provided by spreading the costs of their unpaid bills to the rest of us.

What most people capable of thinking wanted, was single-payer, universal coverage, with the freedom to buy premium coverage our pay out of pocket for those who wish to do so, like in the UK, but it was made clear by DC for years now that unless a new system was a huge boon to health insurance corporations, it would never be allowed. The alternative was guaranteed economic collapse via healthcare costs.

In a few decades, left unchecked, we will have to cease social security payments, disband the military, abandon the highway system, shut down schools (all of them, public and private), cease the purchasing and consuming of food and all other products, disband the police and fire departments, cease broadcasting of radio and television, and sell everything owned by anyone and everyone in the US, just to pay for year of healthcare. The following year, healthcare will cease, but it won't matter, because we will all be dead by then.

The ACA is a first step. A terrible first step, but better than nothing. IMO, we need to stop subsidizing people's bad eating habits and sedentary lifestyles (diabetes being the biggest cost, most of which is highly preventable), stop spending billions of dollars pumping large percentages of the children of the US full of amphetamines (adderall) and Meth (Desoxyn) unnecessarily, stop worrying so much about raising tobacco taxes every 6 months and start putting prohibitive taxes on processed foods. Then revamp the entire healthcare finance industry. We should be able to cut healthcare costs by at least 75% over the next 20 years. Unfortunately, we won't. We'll increase costs dramatically, we'll become less healthy and more medicated. Insurers will make trends of billions, big Parma will make trends of billions, the evil geniuses behind it all will make hundreds of billions. Our economy will collapse under the weight of it all.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Welcome to the home of the brave where tyranny is confronted with internet comments and clever signs.

I hate this country.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Who actually thought Obamacare was going to work? PLEASE Raise your hands.

I would really like to understand the logic behind those that thought it was going to work. Or did the mechanics not interest you? All you cared about was saving lives? Earth to liberals, we're not all evil people that want innocents to die, it also has to make SENSE, not drive the economy and prosperity of all down with it.

How about let's be a thriving economy and when we have more prosperous nation, people can donate their money to charities that can help those in need?

Or how about instead of spending $600M on a broken website, the government could've assisted in an awareness campaign for a new non-profit charity for those with pre-existing conditions? There could've been so many ways to help those in need without directly stealing EVEN MORE from Americans.

Oh by the way, those in the 18-34 age bracket are severely under registering, which will cause premiums to go even higher by march 2014.

GG!!

edit on 14-1-2014 by eLPresidente because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 06:05 PM
link   

papolim18

Welcome to the home of the brave where tyranny is confronted with internet comments and clever signs.

I hate this country.

Tyranny worthy of open revolt has usually included a larger percentage of starving citizenry and regular hangings or beheadings for everything from criticising the king to not handing over what little remains of scraps in the kitchen. What is it you feel a citizenry who overall has more than any in history should do about this so-called "tyranny?"

I mean, I would love more freedom, but where is the grand injustice more worthy than trying to influence opinions?

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 08:51 PM
link   

zeroBelief
But, hopefully, it'll get whittled down and changed. I'm hoping that we can see a future where healthcare will be available to those that need it, perhaps on a sliding scale.

Yeah,
Love it when they whittle total disaster don to near total disaster.
That makes it all feel so much better.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by eLPresidente

Who actually thought Obamacare was going to work? PLEASE Raise your hands.

The same nitwits who bought into "hope" and "change".

edit on 14-1-2014 by FistOfFreedom because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 09:54 PM
link   

papolim18

I hate this country.

It has been said that "the pen is mightier than the sword." There are those who embrace this wisdom, and there are those who do not. But, one thing most can agree on is that a day of reckoning in America is imminent.

"Americans 34 Times More Interested in Buying Guns Than Obamacare"
source: www.infowars.com...

edit on 14-1-2014 by seasoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Supreme Court tried to warn everyone that it was a tax, plain and simple.

If allowed to proceed, you'll see the greatest redistribution of wealth from young to old...ever. Maybe that's what Obama meant when he told 'Joe the plumber', "we need to spread the wealth around."

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Freenrgy2

I guess the people were more concerned about the Supreme ruling on other things which the government sure seemed to create a fantastic distraction for!

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 06:28 PM
link   

matafuchs

2. Pre-existing coverage under the PPACA means you cannot be denied coverage but that does not mean you condition is covered

Actually, if you had insurance before hand, then just as in the past, most if not all insurance companies will waive the pre-existing condition clause. I just changed my insurance from my wife's job to my job. Since I had no lost time, nor a laps in insurance greater than 60 days, then my existing condition is covered.
One thing to note, I went thru this same process with insurance 14 years ago, way before the Affordable Health Care Act. That aspect hasn't changed.

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by lance_covel

You are correct and this can happen however for the majority it is not. One part of the issue is that many plans were 'cancelled' because they were not valid under Obamacare and therefore they were brand new and not grandfathered in.

The only exception is for grandfathered individual health insurance plans -- the kind you buy yourself, not through an employer. They do not have to cover pre-existing conditions.

If you have one of these plans you can switch to a Marketplace plan during open enrollment and immediately get coverage for your pre-existing conditions.

So, if you read this, it means if it is NOT through an employer, but through the marketplace, it does not cover pre-existing. Does that make much sense? The only thing is really states is the insurers won’t be able to turn you down if you have health problems, or charge you more because of them.

They should have left it alone, regulated cost and then if anything add 50 dollars to each premium. 263 million people in America have health insurance in our country. That would be 13 billion in revenue the government could have used for Medicaid and other programs to cover the 15% of uninsured in the country. If I can see that why can't they? Big Business is the reason.

edit on 01am31amfu2014-01-16T11:35:17-06:001117 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Weekly Standard? That's like citing Michael Moore on republican actions. plueeze...

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join