It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Here comes the ObamaCare Bailout less than a month after it is implemented..1 Trillion Dollars...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+49 more 
posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Link

The American Taxpayer is paying for those without insurance.

The American taxpayer is now paying MORE for their own insurance.

The American taxpayer will be penalized if they do NOT buy insurance.

Want to know who is not losing sleep...Big Insurance. Now, they kicked up their rates based on the cost to implement Obamacare but they will also be repaid for their losses. It is in the legislation we were told, as well as our elected lawmakers, to NOT read.

For some reason, President Obama hasn’t talked about this particular feature of his signature legislation. Indeed, it’s bad enough that Obamacare is projected by the Congressional Budget Office to funnel $1,071,000,000,000.00 (that’s $1.071 trillion) over the next decade (2014 to 2023) from American taxpayers, through Washington, to health insurance companies. It’s even worse that Obamacare is trying to coerce Americans into buying those same insurers’ product (although there are escape routes). It’s almost unbelievable that it will also subsidize those same insurers’ losses.

1 trillion dollars folks...all from us...to big business...all the while premiums are increasing as well as the cost for prescriptions.

But, amazingly, it doesn’t stop there. Laszewski writes that Obamacare also contains a “Risk Corridor Program that limits overall losses for insurers.” So insurers not only don’t have to pay out all of their costs; they also don’t have to swallow all of their losses.

Laszewski explains that if an insurance company expects its costs in a given year to be X, and those costs end up being more than X plus 2 percent, taxpayers will come to that insurance company’s rescue—thanks to Obamacare. In fact, once an insurance company covers that initial 2 percent in unexpected costs, taxpayers will cover at least 80 percent of any additional costs the insurer accrues.

I mean, at least when big oil was in office gas was only 2 bucks a gallon, not 4, and healthcare was affordable.

edit on 01am31amf0000002014-01-13T11:16:37-06:001137 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

edit on 01am31amf0000002014-01-13T11:18:22-06:001122 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

+30 more 
posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 11:18 AM
link   
What?!?! Elections have consequences?
The people that voted for hope and change will soon be hoping for spare change.

Star and flag for you good sir...
edit on 13-1-2014 by Hoosierdaddy71 because: (no reason given)

+37 more 
posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by matafuchs

I called this back in November.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I hate being right.

+2 more 
posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Just more information against Obamacare that might finally encourage people to remove their rose colored glasses.

I knew from the very start this was a ploy to tax the working class to help prop up big business. Now, they've managed to shanghai the American public into paying for yet another broken system that only benefits a few. But, it's ok because Obama is the messiah, he's the best president in the world, why would he want to destroy America? You should be happy that he has given you the chance to pay for other people's problems.

+6 more 
posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Don't cry beezer, being right is a burden we all must face every now and then. My wife deals with it every day! Just ask her, lol

+2 more 
posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 11:28 AM
link   
And once he bails them out, he owns them and then we really do have government run insurance. Just like Government Motors.

Welcome to the new fascist economy.

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 11:31 AM
link   
I am not saying that I am pro-Obamacare.

I am, however, pro change from the situation that we had. Where we had people unable to afford basic healthcare, and thus clogging up the ER system as a result, driving hospital prices even higher than they already were.

Unfortunately, change is almost always painful. And yes, I think Obama has royally screwed us with this. But, hopefully, it'll get whittled down and changed. I'm hoping that we can see a future where healthcare will be available to those that need it, perhaps on a sliding scale.

Maybe the reaction of Doctor's starting to refuse to deal with insurance and go cash only will act to regulate the overall price of things....hopefully...maybe....

And hey, there's always medical tourism!!!

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 11:33 AM
link   

beezzer

I hate being right.

LOL, wasn't too hard to figure out, was it ?

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by zeroBelief

The reason many people could not have or did not have healthcare was not so much cost but also preexisting conditions. That is what should have been addressed. Cost and preexisting. However...

1. Costs rose and did not get cheaper
2. Pre-existing coverage under the PPACA means you cannot be denied coverage but that does not mean you condition is covered

It was a tax package and should not have been. We needed regulation of the insurance companies not regulation of our citizens if you know what I mean.

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 11:38 AM
link   

thishereguy

beezzer

I hate being right.

LOL, wasn't too hard to figure out, was it ?

That's the sad part.

A dim-bulb like me figured it out and all the suits and pundits and talking heads either didn't or couldn't or wouldn't.

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Where we had people unable to afford basic healthcare, and thus clogging up the ER system as a result, driving hospital prices even higher than they already were.

They are still coming to the ER for the sniffles.
We paid for them then, we still pay for them now... we just pay a lot more.

The biggest change we have seen from Obamacare is the amount of money leaving our pockets. And this is just the beginning!

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I remember thinking this also but I was not thinking it would come out so soon. I figured it would be after the 14 mid term elections that it would drop after another voter dupe.

They all knew. They were just to concerned about the kickbacks and not what would happen to us as taxpayers. Billions were spent by Big Pharma top reap Trillions. A good investment would you not say.

Just like the bank bailouts. Little banks went under taking with them the investments of local folks who saw their bank stock go from 800k to 8k in weeks. BOA and others were bailed out, paid bonuses and moved on.

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 12:05 PM
link   

matafuchs

The reason many people could not have or did not have healthcare was not so much cost but also preexisting conditions. That is what should have been addressed. Cost and preexisting. However...

1. Costs rose and did not get cheaper
2. Pre-existing coverage under the PPACA means you cannot be denied coverage but that does not mean you condition is covered

It was a tax package and should not have been. We needed regulation of the insurance companies not regulation of our citizens if you know what I mean.

You've got no argument coming from me. Not one bit. Like I said, the system we had was broken. I think we're going to have to crack a few eggs to make this omelet.

I'm just hoping that somehow, positive change will come as a result of the boondoggle we're currently experiencing. Remember, change is painful.

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 12:07 PM
link   

butcherguy

Where we had people unable to afford basic healthcare, and thus clogging up the ER system as a result, driving hospital prices even higher than they already were.

They are still coming to the ER for the sniffles.
We paid for them then, we still pay for them now... we just pay a lot more.

The biggest change we have seen from Obamacare is the amount of money leaving our pockets. And this is just the beginning!

Apparently you missed the VERY FIRST THING I SAID....

I am NOT pro-Obamacare

What I said WAS.....that hopefully, some sort of momentum will come of this...and we might head in the right direction....which is affordable healthcare for all....not abuses of the system....

Now, is that something you'd like to argue, too?

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 12:12 PM
link   

I don't see how this will improve upon anything.

People will be paying more for poorer service.

This is single-payer.

If you have any idea as to how this might improve upon the system, please elucidate!

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 12:18 PM
link   

I am not arguing.

I am apparently reinforcing your point that Obamacare does not work. Sorry if that pissed you off.

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 12:27 PM
link   

beezzer

I don't see how this will improve upon anything.

People will be paying more for poorer service.

This is single-payer.

If you have any idea as to how this might improve upon the system, please elucidate!

I am no businessman. I work with computers. I do things in a modal sense of reality. The intricacies of a "deal" are beyond me. I'm far too tempted to tell someone to go and s#$%w themselves.

However, we needed a change.

What we got was crap....but, it was a START for change. We had no other option being provided...and hopefully, this will evolve into something good. I am no naive child, as I said, I hope this leads to real change in a positive manner for all of us here in the US.

But, I can tell you one thing. It certainly wasn't going to happen if we stayed the way we were. I see this as simply being the first of many steps. At least, that's what I hope it is.

And don't get me wrong....I am the first person to tell you how messed up it was. $600Million for a freaking website? Crap...I can do EVERYTHING needed to create such a website, and do it for well under $1 million, and be able to deliver palpable and working results in under 30 days. Web coding, underlying databases, ERP system to handle the transactions, ETL to handle inbound data from the medical and pharmaceutical field, outbound interface files to connect with external systems, even SOAP based messaging on a publish/subscribe setup on the web services, you name it, I can do it. That's what I do for a living. So yes, we were screwed and we can still feel hands on our hips from behind on that one.

Accenture taking it over? Might as well ask the fox to guard the henhouse. I've already posted my thoughts about Accenture as I used to work for them, and have worked with them far too many times to count.

Again, and one last time.....nothing was going to improve the way things were. Change, creates at least some degree of momentum. Hopefully, this momentum will carry through into something worthwhile. That is all I said, and all I meant.

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 12:28 PM
link   

butcherguy

I am not arguing.

I am apparently reinforcing your point that Obamacare does not work. Sorry if that pissed you off.

Didn't piss me off, just didn't read to me as though you were "reinforcing" something I'd said. Perception is everything, and changes from person to person. My apologies for not getting your immediate intent from the message

+3 more 
posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 12:34 PM
link   

I keep bringing one major point up which nobody seems to care or pay much attention to...Your post is valid, but what is angering me even more than what you posted.

The American citizens are picking up the bill for MILLIONS of ILLEGALS. People who do not even belong in this country are getting FREE health care, and are NOT penalized for no insurance. In states that have the most amount of illegal immigrants, like California, Texas, Arizona, etc how many billions of dollars are spent on treating these Illegal people? Why is it okay for them to just walk into a hospital and get treatment for their common cold free? Sure they get bill, but they are not forced to pay.

How much money is spent on these people illegally in our country in medical I have no idea, but I do know that if you go to any county hospital in LA, the ER's are OVERRUN with people breaking the law by not having properly entering this country. The problem has been so bad in Cali that some county hospitals have almost been shut down.

Another problem with these people getting treated, it is making people who are American citizens wait for the treatment they should be entitled to as an American citizen. Instead they are made to wait behind people who do not have any business even being here in this country. Many of them do not even pay into the system here, yet they benefit almost as much as a legal citizen.

I would love to know exactly how much money Americans pay into the system and what percentage end up going to illegals, in health care. Them getting free health care drives cost up, which in turn drives premiums up, plain and simple.

Look the system is already broken, BUT ignoring a problem that has plagued this nation for many years, is not going to solve anything.

Some of you may think I am harsh, but I am not. I am all for legal immigrants. I am all about them going through classes that are supposed to be taken and the pledge they are supposed to take when entering America, and I am certainly about them knowing BASIC ENGLISH.
edit on 13-1-2014 by kurthall because: fix

edit on 13-1-2014 by kurthall because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Even sadder still they will justify a bailout because it' not their fault. Nothing wrong here, move along. Opposition and DDOSing of the O-Care site caused the problems.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join