It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Extreme symptoms, Death toll rising, Current flu strain(s) "especially severe"

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Dianec

I order my stuff from Swansons vitamins online, make sure to look for non-GMO products. I also supplement with other vitamins and minerals including vitamin D and zinc.

Check out this thread for how to make it at home, it's a lot cheaper for sure. The Liposomal Vitamin C thread.

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 03:41 PM
link   
You poor people who have caught this should be careful.The flu and broncial problems if untreated can go to pneumonia.Be aware please.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 08:24 AM
link   
A few times in the past few years I have suffered intense 24hr flu like symptoms, freezing cold, even with the heating full on, shivering, intense pain everywhere, even skin hurting to touch, abdominal area hurting excruciatingly, as if having just given birth to 10lb quads after 24 hours of sit ups, sinus and head pain like a migraine, feeling sick, nauseous, can't eat or sleep, waking on the hour every hour. Scary stuff.

We ate roast duck last week and I am sensing a pattern to these flu like symptoms after eating duck, as the previous times were after crispy duck at a Chinese restaurant.

We won't eat duck again. Just to be sure.

I have found the best way of easing the symptoms so far is pouring tea tree and lavender oil in my ears, neat (not recommending this for others), eating tonnes of fresh garlic and garlic pills, manuka honey, thyme and rosemary tea infusions and pine, eucalyptus, tea tree and lavender steam as well as some ibuprofen and decongestant and topical germolene (local anaesthetic) on neck, ears and abdomen. As well as Zinc, Vitamin D and C, iron and antioxidants.

Being proactive is essential to getting better. Malingering is not the way.

edit on 30-12-2013 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by followtheevidence

You will hear me say it over and over. People think they get the flu and don't. When you have the flu, you will know it. If you can text, if you can talk on the phone, if you can play on your computer, you have a bug, and not the flu.

When you have the flu, even watching tv hurts. Someone could come up and put a gun in your face and you will only be thankful that it will be over.

I am sorry you had to go through that dearie.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by theabsolutetruth

That is called food poisoning hon. No such thing as a stomach flu.

I used to do restaurant inspections. Very few Chinese takeout places ever pass.
edit on 30-12-2013 by nixie_nox because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 08:35 AM
link   

gardener
it was disturbing people there are just coughing away practically on top of other strangers on the subways and in restaurants (yuck).

Doesn't that just tick you off ?? I mean, comeon folks .. if you are sick then STAY HOME. I was in the grocery store yesterday and the checkout bagging girl had a cold and was drippy. I bagged my own groceries. But can you imagine how many people's food she touched while bagging? It's irresponsible.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Dianec
What would really make life easier is if people (speaking of adults) wouldn't sneeze into your face or cough into the open when others are in the vicinity. I literally had someone sneeze right on me today who made no attempt to turn the head or block the flow with a hand or elbow. I have always been annoyed with adults who don't know how to wait in line or do other things most learned in kindergarten but this is just gross. I get an accident but it was clear this person felt it coming (the whole delay & eye squinting thing), so my thinking is - if all try to practice good manners and not share this stuff we might not ever see a pandemic.

Ever notice in Japanese TV reports that some adults are wearing surgical masks in the street? ever wondered why? That should be mandatory in the west too.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 08:40 AM
link   

gardener

I've never been sick that long with a severe cold nor flu. I don't know how else to describe it in a word, except, miserable! I'm vegan and herbal & dietary remedies have never failed me here in CA until now that I came back from holidays in NY. The symptoms I would describe were an initially weird feeling throughout the front of my face, then the classic itchy achy throat, then the full-blown head congestion couples with hot/cold flashes, sweating, clogged ears & sinuses, and having to constantly cough up phlegm which is is an eery bright egg yolky color. My GP put me on Z-pak for the next 10 days because of signs or sinusitis & possible lung infection.

]

You don't treat the flu with antibiotics, you treat it with antivirals. If you were treated by a zpack, you had a nasty infection, not the flu. Infections do last longer and are harder to get rid off, especially if you have taken a lot of antibiotics in your life. I have had a few of those, they are not fun.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Flus don't always target the elderly and young. That is why H1N1 caused so much concern, because it targets the young adult population. It has to be pretty strong to take down a young adult.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

It didn't have all the other food poisoning symptoms and the duck this time was from M&S (upmarket food store) and well roasted meticulously in my nice clean oven in my nice clean house.

The Chinese restaurants from before are chain store style buffet and you can see the kitchens. I wouldn't eat anywhere dubious.

The pain was everywhere, sinus, head, body, everywhere was hurting intensely, my head is still sore but the other symptoms have eased.

Whatever it was, it was flu like and awful.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 08:45 AM
link   

madmac5150
It seems like every year is the year of the next flu pandemic... and it never happens... but bet your arse they will push the flu vaccine on everyone. No thanks, I'll take my chances. In past years, the only years I got the flu were the years I had the shot...

Because it is an epidemic every year. It hospitalizes 200k + people every year. It is a serious illness. And it is morons like you that help keep passing it around by not getting a flu shot.

just because you don't get the flu, doesn't mean you don't carry it and pass it to others. Herd immunity is what is needed to keep others from getting sick.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 08:48 AM
link   

theabsolutetruth

It didn't have all the other food poisoning symptoms and the duck this time was from M&S (upmarket food store) and well roasted meticulously in my nice clean oven in my nice clean house.

The Chinese restaurants from before are chain store style buffet and you can see the kitchens. I wouldn't eat anywhere dubious.

The pain was everywhere, sinus, head, body, everywhere was hurting intensely, my head is still sore but the other symptoms have eased.

Whatever it was, it was flu like and awful.

There are hundreds of bacteria and viruses that cause food poisoning with a range of symptoms. How would you know which one it was?

And it could be the vendor and not the restaurants. Duck is the most highly loved food, there aren't going to be many vendors selling it. It is not uncommon for even the nicests restaurants to have to use the same vendors as the most lowely takout places.

There are even some that don't hit you for over 3 weeks, so people never even connect it with food poisoning.

Just because a kitchen "looks clean" doesn't mean that it sticks to any temperature, sanity, or storage standards. I have seen plenty of "clean" restaurants fail miserably.

If you are not going into the fridges and freezers and taking temperatures and are able to stand there and observe the standards that the kitchen staff use, you have no idea.
edit on 30-12-2013 by nixie_nox because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Doesn't that just tick you off ?? I mean, comeon folks .. if you are sick then STAY HOME. I was in the grocery store yesterday and the checkout bagging girl had a cold and was drippy. I bagged my own groceries. But can you imagine how many people's food she touched while bagging? It's irresponsible.

Not everyone has the luxury of staying home when they're sick - some people don't get paid if they're not at work - and not getting paid is not an option

You also run the risk of getting sick at any time in any place in thousands of different ways...

No doubt - you have made someone sick at least once in your life - and you didn't even know it
edit on 12/30/2013 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Spiramirabilis

It's irresponsible to be dripping nose junk on peoples food. YUK.
As to if she can't afford to take a day off or not ... that's not my problem.
Cold hard truth. If you are sick then stay away from people's food.
ETA .. as to me making others sick without knowing it ... sure, maybe. Its possible. But you can be sure that someone dripping nose junk on someone else's food absolutely will make those people sick. No question.

edit on 12/30/2013 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 08:55 AM
link   

I worked in catering management for more than 10 years and front line care for plenty, I have also had various types food poisoning, including the worst where I was vomiting blood, so I know the symptoms.

The symptoms I had from this recent bug were definitely flu like and fit all the signs from those that were diagnosed as having flu and other times when I was diagnosed as having flu in the past.

I have found my way of easing things rather than taking bugs to the GP's for a diagnosis and advice.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 09:01 AM
link   

As to if she can't afford to take a day off or not ... that's not my problem.

No, it's not your problem - it's hers

If the very worst thing that happens to you is you get the flu and you can afford to stay home to take care of yourself - consider yourself lucky

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Spiramirabilis

Her economic status, which may or may not include sick days off, is still not an excuse for her to go to work sick and drip their nose junk on other peoples food. You can think that's 'cold' or whatever .. I don't care ..

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 09:13 AM
link   

.. I don't care ..

Duly noted...

And yet - millions of people, in every conceivable category - white collar, blue collar - go to work sick because they must

Not everyone can afford to stay home to make the world a safer place for you

:-)

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Some advice and symptom checker from NHS UK.

seasonal flu

The symptoms of flu will usually peak after two to three days and you should begin to feel much better within five to eight days.
However, you may have a lingering cough and still feel very tired for a further two to three weeks.
Flu can give you any of these symptoms:
sudden fever – a temperature of 38°C (100.4°F) or above
dry, chesty cough
headache
tiredness
chills
aching muscles
limb or joint pain
diarrhoea or upset stomach
sore throat
runny or blocked nose
sneezing
loss of appetite
difficulty sleeping
When to visit your GP

If you are otherwise fit and healthy, there is usually no need to visit your GP if you have flu-like symptoms.
The best remedy is to rest at home, keep warm and drink plenty of water to avoid dehydration.
You can take paracetamol or ibuprofen to lower a high temperature and relieve aches.

swine flu (h1n1)

The symptoms of swine flu are similar to those of other types of seasonal flu.
The effects of the illness are often mild, but some people (see below) are more at risk of serious illness.
If you or a member of your family has a fever or high temperature (over 38C/100.4F) and two or more of the following symptoms, you may have swine flu:
unusual tiredness
headache
runny nose
sore throat
shortness of breath or cough
loss of appetite
aching muscles
diarrhoea or vomiting
It makes sense to have a working thermometer at home, as an increase in temperature is one of the main symptoms. If you are unsure how to use a thermometer, read about how to take someone's temperature.
What to do

If you have flu-like symptoms, stay at home, get plenty of rest and use over-the-counter painkillers to relieve symptoms. If you are concerned, contact your GP. They will determine the most appropriate action to take.

bird flu

The symptoms of bird flu (avian flu) in humans are similar to those of other types of flu.
Symptoms include:
a sudden high temperature (fever) of 38C (100.4F) or above
a dry, chesty cough
headache
tiredness
chills
aching muscles
limb or joint pain
diarrhoea or stomach upset
sore throat
runny or blocked nose
sneezing
loss of appetite
difficulty sleeping (insomnia)
These symptoms can come on suddenly. The time from infection to the start of symptoms (incubation period) is usually three to five days, although in some cases it can be up to seven days.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 09:55 AM
link   
I lived in North eastern China for the last 8 years and had the worst flu since i arrived about 2 months ago..it lasted a full week and took another week for the effects to fully clear up. I had severe fever, shivers, nausea, could not support any light in the room, no noise, could not read or watch TV or Email, it was the worst ive had in my life really.

I told my friends to be careful and be on the look, but many friends in USA are sick and suffering through what i had about two months ago. It is bad and severe and virulent. Be careful and stay healthy as possible.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join