It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Moron breaks neck and asks for public help to pay for surgery WARNING: Hilarious

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 12:10 AM
link   
So this idiot decides he is going to break the world record for the quickest time to jump through 10 panes of glass (That right there is worthy of a big WTF!?!?!?!)

watch the vid

1st off.... LMFAO

Secondly... ROFLMFAO

Now if the story ended there Id feel a bit sorry for him but, hell, that is one of the funniest things Ive ever seen

I dont find it even slightly less amusing knowing the guy fractured his neck, he can still function but he says he is in constant pain, I would have assumed that would have been a side effect of jumping through glass panes even if you succeed.

So after this hilarious but moronic stunt fail he is asking for public help

A daredevil who broke his neck trying to flip through 10 panes of glass in an ill-fated record attempt has launched an appeal for money to help him recover from his debilitating injuries.

Villa, who hopes to raise $100,000 to pay for a neck and back operation, has to date raised a little over $6,000.

I can only assume the $6000 he has so far raised came from family and friends as I just cant see anyone thinking this is worthwhile to give money to.
It was completely unnecessary, stupid and entirely his own fault.

What say you ATS? is this guy a cheeky monkey asking for public help or am I heartless prick?

Just watched the vid again, fricken priceless
, love the looks on the faces of the guys there

Article
edit on 18/12/2013 by IkNOwSTuff because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Yep! That made me laugh.
Thanks.

ha ha ha ha

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 12:22 AM
link   
People will do the dumbest snippet just to get on TV and I do feel sorry for him.

Even though I did laugh.

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 12:25 AM
link   
What show was that on? Do they not have insurance or anything, and do they not have any responsibility? Usually liability stops people from encouraging stupid stuff like this…

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by IkNOwSTuff

I almost feel guilty for not donating, that laugh must have been worth something

Like I said

Almost

Cody

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 12:27 AM
link   
I'll donate money towards a vasectomy so he doesn't further contaminate the gene pool.

What an absolute idiot lol.
edit on 12/18/2013 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Whether something is one´s own fault or not, I do not see it right that one must suffer from pain...

The fact is, he is a human being, somebody´s son, somebody´s friend, somebody´s father - he might not be the brightest bulb in the box, this does not mean he deserves being in pain.

I´m thinking about sending some aid, hopefully I am not the only one here, so he gets the surgery he needs

edit on 18-12-2013 by Cabin because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 12:29 AM
link   

boncho
What show was that on? Do they not have insurance or anything, and do they not have any responsibility? Usually liability stops people from encouraging stupid stuff like this…

I assume it was guinness world records, I dont think guinness are liable as they are just observers.
If you think you can break a record you contact them and someone comes out to watch you and verify.

I cant see many insurance companies having a "jumping through panes of glass on purpose" policy haha

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Cabin

Whether something is one´s own fault or not, I do not see it right that one must suffer from pain...

The fact is, he is a human being, somebody´s son, somebody´s friend, somebody´s father - he might not be the brightest bulb in the box, this does not mean he deserves being in pain.

I´m thinking about sending some aid, hopefully I am not the only one here, so he gets the surgery he needs

I hear ya but my issue is there was no "must suffer through pain" he chose to suffer through pain as far as Im concerned, This was no accident.

Theres no sympathy from me, maybe pity that he has screwed himself but definitely no sympathy.

I am actually tempted to donate a dollar or something just so I can include "thanks for the laughs" in the comments section

(Im so going to hell)

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 12:37 AM
link   
LOLOLOLOL

Just watched it again, the best part for me is after he crashes the 2 guys dont run over, they just stand there with a look like "what, thats it?" on their faces.

Oh God that is priceless

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 12:39 AM
link   
This makes no sense if he broke his neck that bad he would have had surgery right away.
I smell B.S this guy is just looking for money.

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Cabin

I'm in pain

$100,000 might just help. u2u me if wanna contribute

Cody

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 12:54 AM
link   
I can't believe people showed up to see someone do something as stupid and wasteful as this, in the first place.

I could of built 5 thermo pane widows out of those.

I guess some people get a kick out of watching a dude break his neck.

They should pay they got what they wanted, now pay the man, dumb man.

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 01:18 AM
link   
What on earth is funny about something like this? Unbelievable. And yes he needs his neck and injury taken care of, universal medical care in modern world is a right of all people, and the end of dog eat dog social darwinism.

But what he did, was far from funny. You wouldn't be laughing if that was your son.

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 01:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

I really hope you post was sarcastic in nature, and I just missed the sarcasm.

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 01:34 AM
link   

A daredevil who broke his neck trying to flip through 10 panes of glass in an ill-fated record attempt has launched an appeal for money to help him recover from his debilitating injuries.

Villa, who hopes to raise $100,000 to pay for a neck and back operation, has to date raised a little over $6,000.

edit on 18-12-2013 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 01:50 AM
link   

ETA: If you watch the video, he puts his arms up in front of his head. Did his head actually even impact the glass at all? I am really calling hoax on this one.

While I see no humor in this, I do blame him for his own idiocy.

I also smell a scammer. I followed the links to his donation page. I won't post it here, as it is against T&C's, but you can follow the links and see it for yourselves.

Just a few of his rambling inconsistancies he has posted lead me to firmly believe he is scamming.

1. First, he states he is paralyzed from the neck down. Not. He is moving his arms, and body, down to the waist, in the video.
2. He states every vertebrae in his spine is fractured. It would have taken a lot more than what wad in the video to break every vertebrae.
3. He then states he is walking fine, moves his arms fine, but "has no feeling". Not possible. Numbness, yes. No feeling from the neck down, but moving fine? Not.
4. He then states he broke every vertebrae from T3- C3. That's nine, hardly every vertebrae. Also, in the video, you clearly see him moving his arms. That would eliminate paralysis to the thoracic, or T3 area. Below the nipple line. More about T6 or lower, which doesn't make sense with his claims.

First of all, once paralyzed, always paralyzed. Once you suffer paralysis, no surgery will reverse it. That damage is permanent.

Lastly, he has already had the surgery. Now, he wants someone else to pay the bill. I don't know anything about the state of healthcare in Australia. Anyone care to fill in?

He is full of sympathy stories about how he lost all but his closest friends, including a fiance'/gf, yet, he goes on rambling posts about "seeing her beautiful eyes and face and she is what pulls him through", etc. He then thanks "all his fans and friends". Which is it?

Basically, every other post is self contradictory of the post before it.

Correct me if I am wrong, but if you do break world records, are there not financial rewards? He claims to have broken 5.

Either way, the most obvious lie is you do not go from paralyzed from the neck down to walking and moving your arms and being "just fine", but not being able to "feel anything". The spine, nor the nervous system, work this way.

Spinal injuries are final. If you can't feel anything, how are you in pain? This is what he is claiming to want money for. Pain. The surgeries are over. Now he wants surgies for pain. That's not how things work, at least not in my world.

Pain is the inevitable result of spinal injury. If the first surgeries didn't fix it, repetitive surgeries likely won't. He complains about the titanium screws causing him pain, but, they are what is holding his spine together. If that were a legitimate complaint, they would certainly not withold surgery.

I call shenanigans. Lots and lots of them.

edit on 18-12-2013 by Libertygal because: ETA comment

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 02:08 AM
link   
Not sure why you're all laughing??

Didn't he just qualify for congress?

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 02:51 AM
link   
www.contactmusic.com...

Video - Pamela Anderson Clings To
Boyfriend Jesus Villa At Simon G
Jewellery Party - Part 1

Yes, THAT Pamela Anderson...

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Cash-strapped Pamela Anderson puts her beloved
Malibu eco home up for sale for $7.75m

So.... he could borrow a coupla bucks from her, right? Oh wait! They broke up! Or... did they?

www.hollyscoop.com...

Pam Anderson: I Found Jesus In Las Vegas

www.firstpost.com...

Jesus Half Animal Villa, Pamela Anderson,
David LaChapelle

From the OP link:

The stuntman, who says he can “walk and
function” but has lost feeling, has virtually had his
career ended by the accident.

Villa, who hopes to raise $100,000 to pay for a
neck and back operation...

“I had multiple, multiple fractures in my neck.
There is no man or person alive with as much
titanium down there neck, (sic) and Spine that's
walking.”

Past tense. Had. He speaks of the titanium down his neck and spine. He already HAD the surgery! Read it!

From his donation page: He had a successful surgery July 22, 2013.

I was paralyzed from the neck down not buried dead..

I'm still standing,
running, walking, fully functioning, laughing, there's so
much more to love about me then being an
extraordinary athlete..

Who would ever thought it would cost more than "One Million Dollars" to reconstruct my neck. I seriously have a multimillion dollar spine, it's unreal.. I'm still standing...

Braking every vertebrae up and down my spine, surviving the 14 hour operation I went through 4 months 6 days ago...

Driving trucks 45+ years a man I know that
never shed a tear until he washed his son in bed as I laid there paralyze just so I can live the dream...

I Never
thought anyone could fracture so many vertebrates
and have the doctors remove so many discs and still be alive let alone walking..

Stay tuned ladies and gentlemen I'll be sharing that video of me walking later this afternoon...

Ho man, are you bein' snowed...

We did it! An anonymous donation of $500 was
donated today.. We've reached our goal, of course my neck / back operation alone is over $100,000 in
medical bills but we had a goal, we dedicated and we succeeded... That's what I call the spirit of Half
Animal®. I will share a video of me walking later this afternoon so everyone can see how far I've come...

Top of the page shows barely over 6k, and LOTS of pics with him and Pamela to brighten your day. Sigh. Tis the season!

That's enough...
edit on 18-12-2013 by Libertygal because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 02:55 AM
link   

IkNOwSTuff

boncho

I assume it was guinness world records, I dont think guinness are liable as they are just observers.
If you think you can break a record you contact them and someone comes out to watch you and verify.

I cant see many insurance companies having a "jumping through panes of glass on purpose" policy haha

Still it's a TV show. If Guinness shows up and you are in your backyard jumping off the roof into glass they are not responsible, if they are it on national TV though they are.

His information is conflicting on his page, he says he's raising 10k but his surgery was 100k and he apparently has a spine worth millions (inferring millions were spent on surgery already?)

I don't know, sounds like a bull got loose in the outhouse.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join