It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Moron breaks neck and asks for public help to pay for surgery WARNING: Hilarious

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 03:00 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Shyeah. I had a T7, T8 thoracic fusion, and the bill was 79,000.00$. Of course, with my insurance, my co-pay was only 400.00$.

The hospital arranged co-pay was about 4000.00$.

I call hoax. Again.

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Kangaruex4Ewe
I'll donate money towards a vasectomy so he doesn't further contaminate the gene pool.

What an absolute idiot lol.
edit on 12/18/2013 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

Something tells me Pamela Anderson won't be having his baby. I don't think you have anything to worry about.

She is a bit past her "freshness date".

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 03:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Cabin

He already had his surgery, in July. He's fine.

Pamela sold her house for 7million plus. I don't think he is hurting for money. I really don't.

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 03:36 AM
link   

Unity_99
What on earth is funny about something like this? Unbelievable. And yes he needs his neck and injury taken care of, universal medical care in modern world is a right of all people, and the end of dog eat dog social darwinism.

But what he did, was far from funny. You wouldn't be laughing if that was your son.

Luckily hes not my son coz to not find that clip funny would be very sad

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 03:52 AM
link   

What show was that on? Do they not have insurance or anything, and do they not have any responsibility? Usually liability stops people from encouraging stupid stuff like this…

reply to post by boncho

You would think? I think it was on the Guinness Book of World Records. They probably have the people who are participating sign a liability waiver stating they're not responsible for any injuries or death caused by the attempt to break a record. Even though, they're promoting people to risk injuries by doing so.

This is the problem I have with reality shows. Kids view this stuff and think these ridiculous stunts can be duplicated, or the poor behavior or lack of morals displayed on dating and relationship shows is "normal."

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 04:10 AM
link   
well $1- from 100,000 people isn't going to break any body's wallet and I guess while the American attitude of "any person you help out has to grovel at your feet for thanks" exists well people will keep getting tipped out on the footpath at your hospitals.
And why is the guy an idiot exactly, this may have been his "thing", I mean, I personally think NASCAR is moronic like what does driving a car in a circle all day prove......nothing, trying to jump through 10 panes of glass takes more talent.

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 04:42 AM
link   

Qumulys
Not sure why you're all laughing??

Didn't he just qualify for congress?

LOL

That was better than the video!!!!

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 04:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Cabin

I applaud your good nature.
We need more empathy all around in this world.
Sure, the guy did something really stupid but -
Who of us haven't?
You had no fear of going contrary to what every other opinion was either.
You stand solid in your convictions at all times.
You have just earned a world of respect from me.

Thanks for keeping my Christmas spirit alive.
Cheers,
ATA

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 05:03 AM
link   
reply to post by cody599

hey hey hey... if we are going that route then I am definitely in more pain than you...

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 05:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Libertygal

Let me tell you a little story, a true one.

I had a spinal injury and then surgery, after the surgery (not before) I woke up with no feeling in my legs. I had to learn how to live again, in a wheelchair. It wasn't good at all. So I prayed, and prayed, and prayed.

For two years every single day, I would lay there on the couch and try for hours every day (nothing else to do I couldn't work), to move just my big toe... day after day nothing at all happened. It simply wouldn't move. But that did not make me stop trying.

One day, my big toe moved... I will never forget that day. At first I thought I may have just imagined it move, since that movement was so slight. So I did it again, and again this day it moved.

Today, I can walk again... the fight to get here was tremendous, hours and hours of physical therapy every day... but today I can walk.

Granted, it was a miracle... even my doctors were shocked, they still are.. lol... but paralysis is not always the end.

I do give you one thing, no surgery could have ever made me walk again, that was all God.

ETA:

to anyone of you who may be in a wheelchair, don't worry about it, sometimes that wheelchair is a blessing greater than you can imagine.
edit on 18-12-2013 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 05:30 AM
link   
reply to post by IkNOwSTuff

So, the guy is in constant pain over constantly being in pane, oh the irony.
Are you in pane??? Cut that out and it will stop!

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 05:43 AM
link   
"...about to do something no one has ever done before ..."

Some might pause a moment and consider carefully why that might be the case, before attempting to be the first.

Not Captain Crunch here...

Talk about a "Don't Try This At Home" moment. Insta-Concussion. Just add idiocy. lol....

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 06:23 AM
link   
reply to post by PLAYERONE01

And that he is dating Pamela Anderson, obviously for a long time, who sold her home for 7.75 million dollars, and is on the internets begging for money, this bothers no one?

And, the fact that he stated that he reached his goal, but is still begging for money without changing the website to reflect that fact? That's okay too?

And the multitude of lies I showed, from his own words?

Ok.

I guess the old saying is true, about one being born every minute.

Nowadays, it's likely every 20 seconds. Maybe less

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 06:28 AM
link   
reply to post by OpinionatedB

I am really happy for you.

After the things I posted, in his own words, I don't buy it.

He had more contradictions in his own words than Hillary on Benghazi.

But hey, he reached his goal, and failed to update the website to reflect that, so, at this point what difference does it make?

As long as he and Pamela Anderson keep the free dough rollin' in, who is anyone to say a thing, right?

The rich get richer.
I guess they need money to continue traveling all over the world.

www.youtube.com...

edit on 18-12-2013 by Libertygal because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Oh. Well. This seems to be something of a habit.

Seems he did something to his knee in 2008, and this doctor operated on him for free.

Then he tore his achilles tendon. Had more surgery.

And, he has no insurance.

What's that? Personal responsibity? Do they have that in Australia? Hm.

www.youtube.com...

Lol. Pics of him posing post op, showing his surgery scar. He sure is amazing, posing like this all paralyzed and all.

web.stagram.com...

Is that a Ferari? Wow.

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 06:59 AM
link   
poor guy, but he shouldn't get surgury as that could potentially kill him or paralyse him from the neck down.

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Wow, well let me see. . .where did I put my credit card so I can pay for this guy's ignorance. No, wait, I'm still paying for student loans. So, I don't think I'm going to be able to help.

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Cabin

I'd like to send him this link:Not a pain in the neck

*sigh*

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Asktheanimals
reply to post by Cabin

I applaud your good nature.
We need more empathy all around in this world.
Sure, the guy did something really stupid but -
Who of us haven't?
You had no fear of going contrary to what every other opinion was either.
You stand solid in your convictions at all times.
You have just earned a world of respect from me.

Thanks for keeping my Christmas spirit alive.
Cheers,
ATA

Yeah.. I wasnt even laughing. LOL!!
Im old.. still choose to do stupid things when I forget Im old. In fact, at this very moment Im sitting here in a super duper brace due to a torn ACL and now an MCL inflammation due to my own stupidity ( possibly MORE surgery) and STILL mistakenly thinking Im 10 feet tall and bullet proof.

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Ericthedoubter
reply to post by Cabin

I'd like to send him this link:Not a pain in the neck

*sigh*

That is actually pretty nice, and a great idea. I know someone who broke their neck and died after a motorcycle accident. That would have saved his life, as a mailbox hooked his helmet and snapped his head backwards.

But, for some folks, it's hard enough just getting them to wear a helmet.

Would love to see some of this guys MRI's. Still having a hard time seeing how he did such extensive damage with his hands striking the glass, the impact didn't look that severe, and to break his neck and back down to T3 is pretty astounding.

Thoracic spine injuries are very rare. It took me 4 years to convince my spine doctor to even LOOK at my thoracic spine, and this was after a major car accident. The thoracic spine is highly protected. He just could not fathom I had injured mine.

After watching this video several times, I am having a hard time seeing this, too. 2 + 2 just is not adding up here.

There can be an injury to a disc in the upper back (such as a thoracic herniated disc or degenerated disc) that causes upper back pain, but such injuries are very rare.

It is important to note that the thoracic spine (also called upper back, middle back, or mid-back) is very different in form and function than the cervical spine (neck) or the lumbar spine (lower back). While the neck and lower back
are designed to provide us with mobility, the thoracic spine is designed to be very strong and stable to allow us to stand upright and to protect the vital internal organs in the chest.

www.spine-health.com...

Herniations are so rare, in fact, at the levels that mine occurred, that in 2010, there were only 28 documented cases. I guess mine became the
29Th.

That is why it took 4 years to get an MRI, and an apology from a well known and respected spine surgeon. Just before he booked me for surgery the following week.

If his surgery was 100k, and he has a "million dollar spine", as he claims, this was not his first rodeo with spine surgery, therfore, that much more absurd he took such a risk. In other words, he had pre-existing conditions that weakened his spine.

However, looking at the pics he posted, it's the only visible scar, unless they went in the same surgical site as previously done.

Or, it's a great makup job.

web.stagram.com...

Nope, not a Ferari, a Maserati.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join