It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fresh US War Crime : Marines kill four wounded iraqi prisoners !!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Marines Killed Four Wounded Iraqi Prisoners: US Reporter

BAGHDAD, November 17 (IOL & News Agencies) � The US pool reporter, who broke to the world the killing of a wounded, unarmed Iraqi prisoner by a marine, further revealed that more prisoners were shot dead though they did not appear threatening in any way.

NBC correspondent Kevin Sites was quoted by the Associated Press Wednesday, November 17, as saying that US Marines killed three more unarmed and wounded Iraqi prisoners in a Fallujah mosque Saturday, November 12.

www.informationclearinghouse.info...

Looks more and more like war crimes are the standard Modus Operandi of US Marines...

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mokuhadzushi

Looks more and more like war crimes are the standard Modus Operandi of US Marines...

Obviously these faluja residents were threatening the civilised world.

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 03:36 PM
link   
come one people! ITS A WAR!

Nobody knows what the motives are unless you are the marine that pulled the trigger. It doesnt suprise me that this reporter is from NBC.

I am sure there are some things going on up there that shouldn't be, but the media is making us seem evil, which every American, whether he admits it or not, knows that the over-all attitude of the American people and American soldier is to save lives not take them. We are a country full of caring people. What other country takes the neccesary steps that we do to minimize casulties?

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Funny that Americans seems to know that anything happends in a war, from abuse to inocent killings to who knows what else trigger happy few will do after let lose in the battler field.

But when faced with it, face to face nobody wants to know the truth or may I say nobody wants to see the truth.

[edit on 18-11-2004 by marg6043]

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Mokuhadzushi doesn't care about truth or reality. He wants all Marines to have a degree in international law and the ability to consider the nuances of law and the threat of death with absolute accuracy in a matter of nanoseconds.

Of course, he doesn't care that the lives of the American warriors is put in jeopardy by insurgents who daily abuse the laws of war by feigning death to entrap soldiers and Marines, who rig bodies with explosives and take civilians as hostages and video tape their brutal murders.

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 03:53 PM
link   
You are wrong, so very wrong Marg, but that's your considered opinion. I think that most of the cooler heads here are saying that we don't know the reasoning or what actually happened.

Not all Marines are as you tried to portray them, and not every American doesn't want to know the "truth".

What say we try to find out what that truth is before we condemn folks.

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Actually I am not condemning anybody I am actually bring it the fact that nobody really wants to know what goes on in the battlefield, most people just wants to know about victories and heroes, but avoid the dark side of war because sometimes is to terrible to face it.

That goes from casualties of civilian's life to casualties of our own troops, and some of them are also caught on horrible deaths.

Yes people die and they should not, soldiers die and they should not, and the sad thing is that most of the death is not all pretty and clean.

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 04:03 PM
link   
deleted by Grady Philpott

[edit on 04/11/18 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Termite197
come one people! ITS A WAR!

This COLD WAR mentality,KILL EM ALL AND LET GOD SORT THEM OUT, is what I find disturbing , when a person is down and cant offer resistance they are to be provided medical care. They are not to be given lead justice. they if in our position would be the cause of outrage just as we are now for violating UN accords and US rules of engagement. If you fear IED mounted on wounded people thats what those exsplosives dogs are for the military readily hands us a millions of dollars tax bill to support every year.

Now before you animal rights activists weigh in, the slaughter of animals are not my objectives. Think of it this way, If you where they enemy wouldn't you rather kill a dog or a soldier, a soldier right?. So the enemy wouldn't detonate till he could get a good target and if that is the case then isolate them till you can establish no wounded no combatants are around using the same dogs, if none then frag the building to kill the still combatant wounded human bomb......JMHO

[edit on 18/11/2004 by drbryankkruta]

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Does anyone read the links?

In his report, Sites said the man who was killed didn't appear to be armed or threatening in any way, with no weapons visible in the mosque.

Sites said he saw the marine raise his rifle and fire point blank at the head of a man, who was slumped against a wall in a mosque.

Once again, we are getting more and more reports of war crimes, and these puesdo-patriots will howl in thier defence no matter the circumstance with some subjective dogma of 'war fare pysche'.

How do you justify war-crimes in Abu Ghraib ? Were those thousands of pictures do to pyscological trauma?

We are condemning soldiers who commite these crimes, simple as that.

Deep

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
Mokuhadzushi doesn't care about truth or reality. He wants all Marines to have a degree in international law and the ability to consider the nuances of law and the threat of death with absolute accuracy in a matter of nanoseconds.

Of course, he doesn't care that the lives of the American warriors is put in jeopardy by insurgents who daily abuse the laws of war by feigning death to entrap soldiers and Marines, who rig bodies with explosives and take civilians as hostages and video tape their brutal murders.

I agree!

Marg! Don't you understand that most Americans understand the dark side of war. That is just it, we understand it. That is why we don't like our marines being made to look evil and un-justified. What is war without the dark sides, people shooting spit-balls at each other?

It's a scarey place up there, especially with how far the insurgents are willing to go. I think the marines and all the us military are trying to do their job the best they can considering the circumstances.

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 04:18 PM
link   
ZeroDeep,

I think our troops are over exhausted and over extended they know that is not end to the problems in Iraq and when they are face with choices they will rather eliminate anything that will become a thread to them, and get over it.

And yes abuses are going too happened, now are this abuse and misjudgment the result of stress related for being in the battlefield for so long or they are abuses because they fill like it.

It hard to see what the problem is, because none of us are over there and none of us can judge their actions.

All we can do is start blaming the ones that have put our troops in the situation they are and for what reasons.

Termite197

read before you post.

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 09:04 PM
link   
If exhausted soldiers are an excuse for crimes man the murders of people in the us should not be convicted, what about stress that causes a kid to gun down the bully or teacher thats runs the student ragged and beats on him, or the postal worker who is stressed about lack of pay or promotion after years of busting his butt to exhaustion, or the drug dealer who shoots his competition because he is tired of running every time his competition catches him selling drugs in a specific area.

Now all thoes are outragious right, I think exhaustion and stress in battle is expected and these troops are trained to deal with it, so they have no excuse for killing defenseless people other than pure hate,,,,,,just hate that's it, hate for people because they look and sound or are the enemy.
Hate so blinding that they feel above the law to eliminate that hate source so they feel safer that night.

These men shot defensless people pure and simple, Abu Garib was even worse they were defensless, blind folded, and tied or cuffed up, that's just hate because they are alike the enemy in sight, sound and geographic locations........they should all get at the very least life in prision with out the chance of parole , not a discharge or 15 years in prison. The US troops who treat these people this way are commiting hate crimes and murder pure and simple.

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 09:14 PM
link   
It's so easy for some of you to label these soldiers murderers as you sit at home in your cozy chair chatting away on discussion boards. Those of you that do have no clue what happens to your mind during 18 months or more of war. Try their boots on for awhile and see if you speak the same as you do. I Support Our Troops and wish them home safely at all costs.

[edit on 18-11-2004 by I See You]

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 09:19 PM
link   
It is a lot less expensive to bury a dead terrorist then it is to feed and heal one until you can repatriate him.

This marine is saving the United States money. It is only logical even if you think it is immoral.

The marine could be thinking this:

"This towelhead was trying to blow my face off a couple of minutes ago."

It might not be official policy for America and it might not be publicly discouraged but I am sure the brass smiles every time a grunt saves them all of the trouble of having to take care of "Hazzi Aliahzi Fawzi Jihadi"

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by I See You
It's so easy for some of you to label these soldiers murderers as you sit at home in your cozy chair chatting away on discussion boards. Those of you that do have no clue what happens to your mind during 18 months or more of war. Try their boots on for awhile and see if you speak the same as you do. I Support Our Troops and wish them home safely at all costs.

[edit on 18-11-2004 by I See You]

Look I have lived with vets from every single war of the modern post 1940s military and even those from nam say this is a crime. my family said nam was a bunch of the same killing yet they sight harsh drugs as a modivator for irratic behavior these boys dont have that excuse one of them was checked out in the hospital for a flesh wound just a day before, so they were sober and hated filled murderous in their intent.

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Good for them! The more enemies that are killed now, the fewer that we have to be concerned about later. DEATH TO THE SELF-PROCLAIMED ENEMIES OF THE US! And the sooner, the better.

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by drbryankkruta
If you fear IED mounted on wounded people thats what those exsplosives dogs are for the military readily hands us a millions of dollars tax bill to support every year.

How many of these do you think we have? One per squad? Platoon? Company? Should the advance be stoped while you bring a dog to sniff every wounded or dead?

If the Insurgents dont want there wounded shot the best way to insure that is not to fake surrendering and then blowing themselves up and booby traping there dead and wounded. Till they stop this screw them AND there wounded.

Lets blame OUR soldiers instead of those booby traping there wounded, right.

If the last couple wounded you saw were booby trapped and killed those that tried to help would YOU try to help the next one?

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by SgtNFury
Good for them! The more enemies that are killed now, the fewer that we have to be concerned about later. DEATH TO THE SELF-PROCLAIMED ENEMIES OF THE US! And the sooner, the better.

LOOOKKK another cold war reject mentality Kill em all let God sort them out member of human society, Give me a break murder is murder war or not, torture and abuse and rape are just that even in war. Your mentality is why we have soldiers in prision now instead of on the battlefield.

So what good did they do say each soldier makes 5-10 justified kills per engagement and you have what say 3 to 4 engagements or one real long one in a 24 hour period. That tells me 15 to 40 people are not being killed who should be because one idiot couldnt control himself and now has laid his 15 to 40 kills on the man next to him to take out besides that mans 15 or 40 people......so now you got a guy who has to take out 30 to 80 people when he didnt have to before that idiot broke the law of God, man
and war because of hatred and ignorance.

So when that man gets killed because his work is doubled because of one idiot then, you go tell that dead soldiers family what you said, and you endorse, and got their childs team mate put in jail when he should have been by their child doing the right thing and doing the job by the rules of engagement he is sworn to uphold, instead that soldier was in jail for murder and got mom and dad's child killed over a childish outburst of hatred.

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by drbryankkruta
Look I have lived with vets from every single war of the modern post 1940s military and even those from nam say this is a crime.

I have been in Combat and if I thought that wounded man was the SLIGHTEST threat to me or ANYONE else I would have killed him in a second. As has been mentioned several times it easy to sit in your home and pass Judgement on the acts of scared children In the middle of something you would NEVER understand unless you have been there

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join