It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fresh US War Crime : Marines kill four wounded iraqi prisoners !!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 03:15 AM
link   
This sort of close combat killing haunts you. People have come back and shot their wife out of anger. Hard to adjust back to normal life after you killed a man from a two foot distance.

Your only breeding the next generations of serial killers.

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 04:13 AM
link   
here is further evidence the shooting was un justified the clip shows the shooting and the CO of the squad stating his people left the unarmed wounded there and continued fighting till such time it was safe to pull marines off their primary duty of fighting and evac the wounded persons, the squad that was present at the killing didnt know this and assumed without checking the bodies they were booby trapped and the trigger man has only the justification he was shot the day before and had seen previous booby trapped killings. The investigation shows a no go kill has been established and this was a mistake taken to far. The marine trigger man did in fact shoot a unarmed pow left in the mosque for his inpending evac. This marine simply screwed up, but he is not justified in doing something like this anyway. Thats why this marine is in custody now.

The shooting was illegal the wounded were placed in the mosque by marines after capture till evac was safely possible!

[edit on 19/11/2004 by drbryankkruta]

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 04:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by seraph
Now if your report is true..Which seems you've done some research (just went back and read some previous posts)..THEN the actions of the Marine is WRONG!

Now I'm not a Kill em Kill em all advocate..If this mess in the MiddleEast can somehow be fixed through non-violent means then I'm all for it..But the way things are going and there hatred towards the U.S. seems to grow everyday, it doesn't seem like it's going to happen anytime soon.. I just pray that the soldiers out there fighting return home safely. They have my support!

I have provided the statement of a general in the clip I provided in my most recent post and the report that it was contained in , however you cant see the blood issue I was talking about I will have to find the original aired video which I was looking for when I found this newest story, I will keep looking , however the statement of that CO says it all the first squad placed injured and unarmed prisoners in the mosque for safety until the fighting was at a point of control they could be safely evaced to the hospital , the second squad was present at the killing and didnt know the first squad put those men there.

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 04:50 AM
link   
after reading this thread, i fail to see any significant difference in muslim extremist bloodthurst and this american "kill-em-all-for-freedom" bloodthurst. all in the name of freedom, on both sides. With this much hate around, i fear what could be coming over all of us soon...

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 05:13 AM
link   
Did anyone read this article ALL THE WAY to the bottom?
There is a source, followed by a disclaimer.

Just thought I would point it out.

�They will say or do the same thing they did with the soldiers who committed the abuses against Iraqis detainees in Abu Ghraib prison, and they are still free, enjoying their lives while they destroyed other peoples' lives,� Hirmiz said.

Copyright � 1999-2004 Islam Online

(In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, this material is distributed without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes. Information Clearing House has no affiliation whatsoever with the originator of this article nor is Information Clearing House endorsed or sponsored by the originator.)

This story needs to be verified.
Are there other sources?

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 05:17 AM
link   
Hi,

Excuse me while I interject on all this rambling. If a soldier kills 4 wounded enemy HOW IS THIS A WAR CRIME? The enemy can be killed AT ANY TIME wounded or not. Only after we have formally accepted their surrender do they get afforded any rights as a POW.

Please remember these scum are violating almost every article of the Geneva Convention and the United States is under NO obligation to offer them even the slightest quarter in combat. WE ARE NOT EVEN OBLIGATED TO ACCEPT THE SURRENDER OF SUCH FIGHTERS!!!!

WOUNDED != UNABLE TO FIGHT / INFLICT INJURIES. I don�t care if they are semi-conscious, they can still pull a grenade pin. Our soldiers are under no obligation to take ANY risk when it comes to securing enemy wounded other than ensuring they are 100% dead.

This is a ugly truth that many of the posters here don�t want to understand is that if you engage in war you should not expect the enemy to allow you to live just because you can�t stand up any more.

Good Job Marines!

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 05:21 AM
link   
they are defending their country and not signed any kind of treaty including engagement rules. They have right to do whatever they want because they are defenders. If russia would invade usa i bet there would be people entrached to churches etc. It�s your call as a attacking nation to respect or not to respect international war treaties and rules. No middle ground in that.
-ap

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by aape
they are defending their country and not signed any kind of treaty including engagement rules. They have right to do whatever they want because they are defenders. If russia would invade usa i bet there would be people entrached to churches etc. It�s your call as a attacking nation to respect or not to respect international war treaties and rules. No middle ground in that.
-ap

this point can be seen except for one problem they are using civilians in their homes as sheilds, their will never even under this view be a time when this is acceptable and the insurgents are doing this and they are accomplishing the most horrific task by the process of defaming the US and Coalition forces cause when we shoot back we are hitting inocents which makes us look as if we are doing it on purpose when we cant know there are people who are innocent in the house till after the bomb blows and the dust clears. To kill innocents and fellow muslims this way just to show us as bad guys is so horrible a waste its sick.

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 11:30 AM
link   
I have to agree with Amuk most of you do not understand combat at all.

In Vietnam how many of our soliders were killed by VC even after they were wounded and had no weapons, Hundreds if not thousands.

In Vietnam if you were captured by VC what do you think your chances of survival were. How many of our soliders were tortured and murdered.

How many of our soliders were killed in Iraq after trying to help a wounded insurgent only to be blown up by a booby trap or an insurgent holding unto a grenade.

Since this insurgent was faking that he was dead, could he also have posed a threat, YES. Look at the end of the video with the guy by the pillar he looks like he is dead, both soliders ready their weapons and back up in case this guy has a bomb, then knowing that he could be killed the guy lifts his hand up and raises up from the lying position. If the marine had not killed the other wounded insurgent do you think this guy would have gotten up? Or do you think it is possible that he would remain "playing" dead in hopes that he could get away once the marines had left.

There is too many decisions to make on the battlefield that could mean the difference between life and death for the solider. Considering this same solider was shot in the face just the day before AND STILL WAS ON DUTY says something about this kid resolve to get the job down.

If he was John Kerry he would be already filling for his purple heart and looking to go home.

So all you couch riding critics should just shut up and support what these brave Americans are doing, THEY ARE RISKING THEIR LIVES for someone else, for people of another country, just so that someday those people may live in a free society, something that I think alot of Americans take for granted.

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 12:37 PM
link   
I'm having a hard time finding OTHER sources to this story.

I believe it is a lie, until proven otherwise.
Would the author of this thread like to point me to another source?

I will look through the last week of raw wire feeds to see what I can find.

Otherwise, I consider it an inflammatory piece of propaganda..

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 12:41 PM
link   
I found some other sources. They said the four corpses were being brought to the US for autopsy, to be really, really, really, really sure it was a war crime. I don't recall the sources, but it seems to be true.

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mokuhadzushi
Looks more and more like war crimes are the standard Modus Operandi of US Marines...

Thats B.S.and you know it.

If our Marines and soldiers were allowed to be as destructive as they wanted w/o worring about collateral damage, the dead bodies of those terrorists you love so much would be stacked up like fire wood.

[edit on 19-11-2004 by Ruins]

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ruins
Thats B.S.and you know it.

If our Marines and soldiers were allowed to be as destructive as they wanted w/o worring about collateral damage, the dead bodies of those terrorists you love so much would be stacked up like fire wood.

Marines have one principal premise : shoot everything that is moving. That is well known. 90% of the population of Falluja had left, they still managed to kill more than 800 civilians. This means that if the whole population had still been there, they would have killed 8000, about five times more than insurgents. There is no better proof that marines are trained to kill everything that is not a marine.

Accounts about marine war crimes in Iraq are numerous. They were shooting into unarmed civilian crowds as a riot control measure numerous times at the beginning of the occupation, and they used banned weapons against iraqi soldiers.

The last point i want to make is that the newest scandal was witnessed by reporters by pure chance of being there. Doesnt that signify that many more cases are likely to have happened ?

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 01:32 PM
link   
What banned weapons are you talking about?

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by USArmyEngineer
What banned weapons are you talking about?

He will just go to Jahidunspun and find an article that says we have used chemical weapons on the city. They have to say that because they said earlier that they had WIPED OUT THE ENTIRE ARMY so now they have to come up with an excuse for our zombie Army to be there

Jahid unspun makes fox news look "fair and balanced"

[edit on 19-11-2004 by Amuk]

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Someone please tell what war crime was committed? Not under any international statute...pertaining to organised warfare...has any war crime been committed by these soldiers.

Some of you are absolutely delusional. And I might add heavily jaded by some religious paradigm of fairness and just action. War has no god. Only death.

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Someone please tell what war crime was committed? Not under any international statute...pertaining to organised warfare...has any war crime been committed by these soldiers.

Some of you are absolutely delusional. And I might add heavily jaded by some religious paradigm of fairness and just action. War has no god. Only death.

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Was any of you present at this incident? That single reporter is clearly trying to make a name for himself at the expense of the brave men and women of the U.S. Marines. If I'm wrong, why didn't he release the whole story at one time. Because he is either lying or exaggerating, that�s why. Or maybe this whole thing is fabricated and the reporter never actually said these things. The real story here is why do we encourage these journalists by buying into their stories without any corroboration. Time and time again they are shown to exaggerate or just plain lie to make a name for themselves. How many times have you seen a headline say "Once again the brave soldiers laid there lives on the line on our behalf" or " The U.S. Marines Take City Back From Occupying Terrorists Without Regard For Their Own Lives". There are only two sides. You are either Pro-Terrorist or Anti-Terrorist. If your a fence sitter your opinion doesn't mean much. The fact is Terrorist kill innocent citizens for the shear joy of it. You don't really believe they are fighting for a religious cause do you? How can anyone take their side after watching the beheading videos. Imagine for a moment that the innocent person who's head is being hacked off is your father, your mother, your wife or your husband! The only crime here would be to leave even one of these psychopathic killers alive.

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Mokuhadzushi, I'm confused. Are you siding with the terrorists??? Do you approve of what they are doing, the beheadings and bombings??? Should we just let them continue with what they are doing??? Maybe we should send them to bed without their dinner
Sorry, but I just dont get it. Would you rather the Marines throw rocks at them while defending themselves from RGB's??? Maybe we could just tell their mothers on them. I'll bet that would stop them.

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 02:08 PM
link   
drbryankkruta I respect your strong stance. It is however a simplistic and utopian view of how war works. Which sounds oxymoronic and irrational but is not war all these things? Obviously you have never been to war or if you have you have never been shot at, shot, gone hand to hand with anyone nor killed a single enemy. You have never been faced with your own death. And the decision to preserve it. I have! On all four counts. More then once. What this soldier did was lawful and in the best interest of self preservation and the protection of his fellow soldiers.

ANd I find it offensive that yo make light of the adage
"kill them all and let G(g)od sort them out". What do you think war is? A game? A contest? It is predicated on the killing of other human beings because that is what we are told to do. No questions asked no middle ground. Those that do question or hesitate.. die! Those that let some bizarre adherence to a moral code of righteounous guide them... die! Or worse get others killed.

These murderers and mercenaries fight a war based on religious belief and in this adhere to religious guidelines in conducting their murders. Hence all of what they believe and the ways they conduct themselves are based on irrational pretenses. G(g)od doesn't talk to anyone and never has. That is called schizophrenia. G(g)od would never justify the killing of his/her/its greates creation. So why base the rules in which we fight opn anything but irrational and equitably bizarre beliefs(this is a question not a statement)?

These soldiers are the only ones doing what most of the other countries would not. They are the just and righteous ones. They are the protectors of the oppressed.

I am absolutely repulsed by your infantile view of how war works. Grow up and see it for what it really is. Life and death. And until yo have looked it right in the face, literally, you have no room to even mutter an opinion.
YOu have the right but nothing of substance to back it up.

Another old adage that I have carried through into my civilian life is "I would rather be judged by twelve then carried by six".

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join