It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

all! lets watch the realtime Ison journey meet the sun..provide by NASA!

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by BobAthome

ISON Shaking a lot..

edit on 28-11-2013 by cheesy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by cheesy

ison is gone

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 09:59 PM
link   

reject
reply to post by cheesy

ison is gone

Evidently that is not entirely true.

link   
So now I ask, will it be visible on earth? How bright will it be? When will it appear? Thanks

link   

reject
reply to post by cheesy

ison is gone

So long as there is something other than dust, ISON is most definitely not gone yet.

Scientists baffled by new picures of Comet ISON

After a multimillion-year plunge from the frozen fringes of the solar system, Comet ISON may have broken apart and evaporated in the fierce heat and crushing gravity of the sun before or during a close flyby Thursday, presumably scotching long-held hopes for a dramatic sky show on Earth over the next few weeks.

Or maybe not.

Well after many casual observers had given up on the comet's survival, updated pictures from the Solar and Heliospheric Observatory spacecraft -- SOHO -- showed what appeared to be a long trail of dust extending away from the sun along ISON's trajectory, brightening sharply toward its tip.

"My best guess right now, and it's really only an educated guess, is that there is something left, probably smaller fragments, because it still doesn't look like there's a nuclear condensation. Inbound, the leading edge was brighter. It doesn't look like that. It just looks to me like there are some smaller fragments that may just actually be disintegrating. They just took longer to do it."

It may continue on it's path while degrading into nothing, but something tangible of it is still out there for now.

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by reject

Maybe not completely...
The latest blog post from the Comet Ison Observing Campaign has the following hypothesis:

As comet ISON plunged towards to the Sun, it began to fall apart, losing not giant fragments but at least a lot of reasonably sized chunks. There's evidence of very large dust in the form of that long thin tail we saw in the LASCO C2 images. Then, as ISON plunged through the corona, it continued to fall apart and vaporize, and lost its coma and tail completely just like Lovejoy did in 2011. (We have our theories as to why it didn't show up in the SDO images but that's not our story to tell - the SDO team will do that.) Then, what emerged from the Sun was a small but perhaps somewhat coherent nucleus, that has resumed emitting dust and gas for at least the time being. In essence, the tail is growing back, as Lovejoy's did.

Schroedinger's Comet

+7 more 
posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Here you go Phage

edit on 28-11-2013 by HoboHumpinSloboBabe because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 10:48 PM
link   

FarzadEghlima
Looks even more brighter now.
Latest picture.

Ya ET account for it
So how does the DST Dirty Snowball Theory account for it LOL
Remember it all broken up no more corona please explain

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 10:51 PM
link   

HoboHumpinSloboBabe
Here you go Phage

edit on 28-11-2013 by HoboHumpinSloboBabe because: (no reason given)

Ho don't pick on poor Phage it only been the second time he been wrong
Does Love joy ring a bellllllllllllllllllllll

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 10:53 PM
link   

SubTruth
reply to post by BobAthome

Temperature of space would = absolute zero. Molecules would stop.

I remember being taught that absolute zero cannot be attained; molecules don't stop.

Just what I need.. another conspiracy.

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Why have LASCO C2 and C3 images not been updated for... nearly 5 hours? Is that normal?

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 10:59 PM
link   
according to Phage's own opinion, even if the comet broke into pieces, NONE of those pieces will deviate from the original orbit, so the entire mass of the object is still there and will continue on the scheduled path. what difference does it make if it's all one chunk or a bunch of smaller ones?

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Tucket

Check out the degree of freedom. Absolute zero is attained when molecules stop moving. Also the other poster has not explained yet how space is not a vacuum.

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Urantia1111

Newtons law

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Solar braking was successful and the hull was shed. Prepare for the invasion!

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 11:19 PM
link   

SubTruth
reply to post by Tucket

Check out the degree of freedom. Absolute zero is attained when molecules stop moving. Also the other poster has not explained yet how space is not a vacuum.

Again, I remember learning that ab zero cannot be attained; molecules don't stop.
Degree of freedom on wiki didn't clarify that it can be reached.

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Tucket

I believe it can not be measured. I could be wrong I am only a novice and not the sharpest tool in the shed.

This is all new to me and I am learning as I go. I do not have the answers but I sure would love to find them with you guys and gals.

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Tucket

Ok here is what I found absolute zero is 459.67 F. Cosmic background temperature is 455 F. So by that standard molecules would continue to move in space. They can only stop using the degree of freedom when absolute zero is reached.

So maybe Phage was wrong when he said space does not have a temperature. I always thought space was absolute zero. I could be wrong I am a novice. I would love to have more input on this topic.

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by SubTruth

No worries, we are all learning. This is the first time I've had any interest in a comet..

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Tucket

Me 2. Cheesy actually got me interested with his passion and attitude. I could have cared less a month ago. I love learning new things and I might actually buy a telescope in the future.

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join