It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A ghost picture? What do you think of this one?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

What really clinches this for me as totally legit is this image is showing legs and the feet flare larger just like they look in real life, plus that tail is curved just like what it would do when it was alive..

This really is great evidence..

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by alienreality

Well, I'm glad I posted it, then!!

Thanks to you all for your condolences. And support.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 01:30 PM
link   

MadMax9

Oh grow up! This isn't 1921

If you do not believe in ghosts or the paranormal, why go out of your way to make an unrelated hateful post in this thread? You could have just as easily passed it by and not responded and everyone would have been happier for it because right now you're just spouting personal BS to be a jerk and no one appreciates it but you. This is a forum for civil adults to communicate and share ideas and we honestly have no space for your immature primary school behavior.

On topic: I think honestly it's just a reflection of light. I say this because you can partially see it on the dog's head and in the eye as well and then it extends onto the sidewalk. I also cannot really for sure make out even the shape of a cat. It honestly looks just like sunlight looks on cement. Though, if it helps you out, you of course may continue to believe that it's your beloved cat.
You have my condolences and I'm sorry you had to lose a pet you'd had so many years. I have a 15 year old bird and an 11 year old dog at home and the thought's always on my mind since they're getting closer and closer to their ages of passing.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Myomistress

Thanks. The more I look at it, the more I think that yes, maybe it was sunlight filtered through the leaves, and partially blocked by the trunk. I thought maybe it's my husbands head (backlit), and yes, I noticed the shadow also on Wally's left cheek/ear...

I don't know. Probably just sunlight -
still.....
I DO believe Lyle is still around.

Thank you so much!!

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   

wildtimes
reply to post by Myomistress

Thanks. The more I look at it, the more I think that yes, maybe it was sunlight filtered through the leaves, and partially blocked by the trunk. I thought maybe it's my husbands head (backlit), and yes, I noticed the shadow also on Wally's left cheek/ear...

I don't know. Probably just sunlight -
still.....
I DO believe Lyle is still around.

Thank you so much!!

Light or not, it was meant for your eyes to see it. If natural occurrences were never counted as sometimes significant, we wouldn't have the robust history of legendary soothsayers and mystics that we have.

My first thought was that perhaps your dog created a tulpa in honor of your cat just by virtue of being there (I don't know if they got along, it's just a first thought) but I agree that it looks like light. But keep in mind, the image of the Virgin Mary shows up in toast and drift wood and people make pilgrimages to see these images so it's not that goofy to take something like this and apply it to yourself in a deeply personal way.

Thanks for posting it.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 02:29 PM
link   

cute doggy

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

I fully agree with you on this. Sunlight or not, it is the message that is received through it.

If this reminded wildtimes of her cat, and they feel that this is what it is, and it speaks to them internally, then it is what they feel it to be. Many people do not understand how signs/contact can work, even a simple ray of sunshine can bring on great awakenings and open a persons mind and heart.

I believe this was for them, from their cat, and only they will feel the connection that no one else does.
Sunlight or not.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

My first thought was that perhaps your dog created a tulpa in honor of your cat just by virtue of being there (I don't know if they got along, it's just a first thought) but I agree that it looks like light. But keep in mind, the image of the Virgin Mary shows up in toast and drift wood and people make pilgrimages to see these images so it's not that goofy to take something like this and apply it to yourself in a deeply personal way.

Aw, THANKS, Cuervo. That's exactly how I think of it, too. It may "be" 'just light' to someone else, but to me, it's Lyle. Thank you so much.

Yes, they got along. Lyle got along with EVERYONE - I actually witnessed him licking a juvenile rat whose back legs were not working (?) and was dragging itself past Lyle, who was sunning himself on the patio (we had a hobby farm back then, and yes, one year we had rats).....

There was NOTHING that made him mad. He even laid down and purred in the sink during baths! He accepted all comers, no matter the species... and was, seriously, the most gentle cat I've ever known.

What's a tulpa??

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   
alienreality, kurthall, darkblade, ALL of you - thank you so much!! I appreciate more than you know having a discussion about what it 'is' vs what it 'means' to some, and the notion of it being "meant for me and my husband to see" -- regardless of the MEDIUM used....is EXACTLY where I'm coming from.

Brightest blessings to you all. I hear Lyle purring! The other day, when I thought I felt him walking on my lap, I thought, 'ah, no...it's my imagination.' But then, there was the sensation of him curling up and lying down, and then I FELT PURRING ON MY LEG. There was NOTHING that would have given a similar sensation to the vibration of purring on my leg anywhere NEAR me. But I was enjoying a deeply contemplative moment at the time. Heightened senses.

It happens, gainsayers and 'pooh-pooh'py heads notwithstanding..

edit on 11/6/13 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   

That's not a ghost it's a dog.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Wally looks like a great dog. That being said, it's just some sunlight going through some tree branches and then onto the ground unless I'm missing something.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Might just be a patch of sunlight.....but it is rather cat-shaped!.....

A couple of months after the horse in my avatar passed, I was walking the dog just at dusk and we had gone into the pasture near the barn. As we returned toward the gate, I clearly heard hoof beats coming up behind me....It was so plain that I instinctively stepped to one side to not get trod on, and turned to face the oncoming animal. The dog even seemed to move to get out of the way....

There was no one there. The sound had been so clear that I walked back around the barn to check for another horse, thinking that even tho my pasture was now empty, the neighbor's horse might have gotten in.....still nothing there.

I had fed him around dusk for 27 years, I guess some habits are hard to break.

Take a photo of the same spot on a sunny day and see what shows up.....
edit on 6-11-2013 by frayed1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by frayed1

Thanks for sharing that!! I miss my horses, very much.

Yes, we are connected to them, on this side or the other, or even if they've moved to a different physical place (I have never endured the grief of a horse of mine dying - I have trouble enough with the cats and dogs, chickens and parakeets, of which there are approximately 30 now), I rehomed ALL of them before they were 'elderly'.

I still think of them, all of them, and feel they are still alive, and look forward to seeing them again (only about 3 of them probably ARE still alive, maybe 4....of the dozen or so I've known).

Thanks for your response.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Reminds me of my dog that passed while i was a child. The dog was chained up inside his pen because he had dug under the night before and dad was gonna fix it as soon as we finished opening presents on Christmas morning. Well the dog somehow ended up choking himself to death. Several days later my sister and I were walking through the back yard past fence. Both of us at the same time went running to the pen without saying a word to check in his dog house. Later we both agreed we had seen him run into his dog house, but he wasn't there when we got there. We hadn't known at the time that he had passed till a few weeks later when dad confessed he had passed Christmas morning and didn't want to ruin Christmas. The dog was special to us kids and we were heart broken by the news.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 05:10 PM
link   
looks like sunlight through tree leaves... was it cool out, maybe dog breath?

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 05:12 PM
link   

I see shadows of tree leaves and your husbands head creating the illusion. Also in your dogs eyes there is sunlight spots. In the top left of the picture there is also sun cast. I do understand missing a pet and hoping to see them again.
Best wishes! Staroth~

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Looks like an energy vortex coming straight out of the center of your dog's brain, ie: thalamus/pineal region.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Imagine that you're seeing just a slice of the full circular vortex around the top of the head, and it curves down at the top of the vortex, i'd guess about 6-8 inches up.

edit on 6-11-2013 by 1Providence1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Dead pets coming back to visit, via showing up in photographs every now & then? Nice thought but I must level with you, that shadow-dappled sunlight in the picture does not look much like your cat, objectively.

Sorry, I'm shocked it had to be said. Again.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Hi Wildtimes,

I believe that we get the messages we need. I have had several wonderful cats in my life. I would like to share my story of one...

When my cat, SplatCat, a big, grey, shorthaired, sweetheart orphan kitty, who I had found huddled on the street, up against the median, with a broken hip (hence his name), developed an extremely painful and debilitating feline urinary disease, I had to face the decision of whether to free him or put him through unending surgeries until he eventually passed. I decided I had to let him go.

It was an awful decision to have to make, first, because I had already rescued him from the streets once, and nursed him to health, and second, because he was such a grateful, sweetheart, loving cat - loved on everybody, loved my kids, just so happy to have his second chance...

My Vet was a wonderful person, he let me come in at the end of the day, when everybody was gone, to be with Splat. He took me in the back of the clinic, and I had a blanket from home, and just held my kitty on my lap and petted him. Thing is... My sweetheart kitty was a tough street kid, and he didn't let go so easy. So, he sat on my lap and purrrrred and purrrrred. My Vet had to take him in back and give him a second shot, and of course, by this time, the Vet and I were both in tears.

It made it that much harder to see and feel him go, like my cat really did have "nine lives", and I was there for the last three. At any rate, he slipped away and I cried and my Vet cried, and we eventually pulled ourselves together enough for me to hand my Splat over to be taken care of, and make my way out to the parking lot.

As soon as I walked out of the building, I realized that a light spatter of rain had been going on while I was inside. The most beautiful rainbow glimmered for just a minute between the dark clouds in the sky (it was late summer in Colorado Springs, at the time). I believe that was a message for me. It is typical late summer weather, in that area, but circumstances led me to take particular note at that moment, and to be able to recall it and my feelings at the time in great detail, here, some 20 plus years later. I think we receive important messages in just this way and we are so out of touch in today's modern world that we have trouble identifying, noticing and accepting them.

So, I agree with your interpretation of the light in your picture, and wish you much love and joy in your thoughts of your beautiful cat.

Gwynn
edit on 7-11201311-1313 by gwynnhwyfar because: (no reason given)

<< 1    3 >>

join