It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CBS FOI Request -1st Day Obamacare Website Enrollment Numbers, Drumroll... Six

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+12 more 
posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Now we know why this is such a big secret... By the end of the second day they were up to a whopping 248! Woo hoo looking good! LOL... keep up the good work Obama.. Wink wink...

Early enrollment figures are contained in notes from twice-a-day "war room" meetings convened within the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services after the website failed on Oct. 1. They were turned over in response to a document request from the House Oversight Committee.

The website launched on a Tuesday. Publicly, the government said there were 4.7 million unique visits in the first 24 hours. But at a meeting Wednesday morning, the war room notes say "six enrollments have occurred so far."

By Wednesday afternoon, enrollments were up to "approximately 100." By the end of Wednesday, the notes reflect "248 enrollments" nationwide.

Obamacare enrollments got off to very slow start, documents show

edit on 31-10-2013 by elouina because: (no reason given)

edit on Thu Oct 31 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: Starting a New Thread?...Look Here FirstAboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count. Please do not create minimal posts to start your new thread.If you feel inclined to make the board aware of news, current events, or important information from other sitesplease post one or two paragraphs, a link to the entire story, AND your opinion, twist or take on the news item, as a means to inspire discussion or collaborative research on your subject.

+13 more 
posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 06:38 PM
link   
First reaction to your op was lol. Then i cried because it's costing us a bazillion dollars to bone ourselves back into the stone age.
How is it possible that people making 600 thousand dollars a year each mess this up so badly?
How is it possible that I am being forced to pay these morons paychecks?
How is it possible that we have not tarred and feathered these fools yet?
edit on 31-10-2013 by dashen because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 06:45 PM
link   

dashen
First reaction to your op was lol. Then i cried because it's costing us a bazillion dollars to bone ourselves back into the stone agencies

You know there just had to be a reason that some stupid statistics were top secret. Obama likes to hide his failures and coat them with whipped cream and a cherry on top. I think this one was topped off with a case of Rediwhip, and a gallon of cherries.

Yeah the money bothers me, but when stupid little statistics are hidden from Americans, this bothers me a lot more! What is this the new USSR? Did our leaders just experience a Freaky Friday sort of swap?

PS... Yeah more Trick or Treaters! The rain didn't stop them! Woot woot!

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 06:52 PM
link   
I had a feeling the numbers were ridiculously and embarrassingly low or they would have been shouting about it's massive success from every roof top in every city. How sad that only 6 (six) people actually signed up the first day.

I guess this new info shoots that propaganda piece that was circulating around about all the people that were "saved" because of Obamacare right in the foot now doesn't it. I think I could have personally gone across the nation in a beat up station wagon selling snake oil and convinced more than six people to sign up in one day.

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by elouina

God damn.

I think a small town government in bumble tuck anywhere could do better. Holy crap.

and how much is this costing?

Just...... damn.

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 07:02 PM
link   

tadaman
reply to post by elouina

Just...... damn.

Before or after they get it working?
Just curious, because now that they have the heavy hitters coming in to save the day, I am sure the price tag is going up exponentially.

Tech titans Oracle and Red Hat are joining the effort to "address the problems around HealthCare.gov," the federal website for Obamacare, according to a spokeswoman for the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.

Abovetopsecret
edit on 10/31/2013 by SpaDe_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 07:52 PM
link   

tadaman
reply to post by elouina

God damn.

I think a small town government in bumble tuck anywhere could do better. Holy crap.

Just...... damn.

Cute! Loved your comment! I thought for certain more folks would have had your reaction. Or is everyone at Halloween parties right now? I think this is like my best news of the month. Come on could anyone possibly even imagine that it was only SIX? LOL....

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Hey guess what? Drudge took me up on this one lickidy split. Biggest headline there. Yipee!!!! I knew he would like this news.

Visit here to watch an awesome Video broadcast from Sharyl Attkisson. Ya know she has good reason for revenge. So Sharyl, how does it feel?

CBS's Attkisson: Only 6 People Enrolled In Obamacare On First Day

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 09:58 PM
link   
I could've beat 248 with a card table & a box of Crayons.

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by BABYBULL24

248? Damn, that many? Works better than originally thought.

edit on 10/31/2013 by GNOarmy because: (no reason given)

Just a funny thought. Obama probably patting his staff on the back while Sebelius runs around throwing out high fives and cracking bottles of champaigne....."248 guys! We got 248!" Drinks on me....uh I mean the tax payers. Silly little people.
edit on 10/31/2013 by GNOarmy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 10:08 PM
link   
When people goes into the Obamacrap web site and look into the insurance exchange to find out how much they will be paying they get a hart attack that is why they can not finish the signing in into the exchange.

I been sarcastic.

Most of the people that are trying to get into Obama site are actually those that do not qualify thinking that Obama is going to be free, the needy and poor.

edit on 31-10-2013 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by elouina

I could create a website that highlighted my spleen.

It'd get more people signing up than Obamafail Obamacare.
edit on 31-10-2013 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 11:01 PM
link   

beezzer
reply to post by elouina

I could create a website that highlighted my spleen.

It'd get more people signing up than Obamafail Obamacare.
edit on 31-10-2013 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

Want to hear even better news? 90% of folks that signed up are for medicaid. Darn am I glad that my state didn't join in.

“When we first saw the numbers, everyone’s eyes kind of bugged out,” said Matt Salo, who runs the National Association of Medicaid Directors. “Of the people walking through the door, 90 percent are on Medicaid. We’re thinking, what planet is this happening on?”

The yawning gap between public and private enrollment is handing Republicans yet another line of criticism against President Obama’s health overhaul — that the law is primarily becoming an expansion of a costly entitlement program.

In first month, the vast majority of Obamacare sign-ups are in Medicaid

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by elouina

Actually the sign ups for the Medicaid emergency plan was way before the Obamacare was up, one year ago, the problems is that the fund that was assigned to the sign ups ran dry too fast, leaving many people hanging.

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Medicaid innovation programs ran up $32 billion tab, watchdog says

When the government approved letting states experiment with new ways to deliver Medicaid services, it promised the innovations wouldn’t cost taxpayers any extra money. Somebody in the bureaucracy, however, failed to keep track.

A new report by the chief watchdog for Congress finds that the so-called demonstration projects have cost taxpayers as much as $32 billion more than if the program has just been left alone over the last five years.

The overages include $21 billion in overpayments by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) to individual states, and another $11 billion in extra spending by the states, the Government Accountability Office informed Congress this month.

Investigators said there were a range of problems that led to the excessive spending, such as the government using outdated information to set payment levels, or reimbursing states for expenses they never reported. The bad budget management has left Sen. Orrin Hatch of Utah, the top Republican on the Senate Finance Committee, incredulous

Read more: www.washingtontimes.com...

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 11:30 PM
link   

marg6043
reply to post by elouina

Actually the sign ups for the Medicaid emergency plan was way before the Obamacare was up, one year ago, the problems is that the fund that was assigned to the sign ups ran dry too fast, leaving many people hanging.

Now I could be wrong, but the way I am reading this is that this is for people that were on medicaid pre Obamacare. And this is just a new management system for those that are in it. I guess they figured that states would need to amp up website access, staffing, business plans etc to compensate for the huge influx.

You see the way that Obamacare works is that if you are poverty level you get sent straight to your states medicare program. But if your state doesn't have a program you still get put on Obamacare and have to pay although not that much. Well, unless you smoke.

Now the states get reimbursed a certain percentage. I think it is like 90%, but still with a runaway government program that 10% can break some states.

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by elouina

It may be different programs but even Medicaid is getting much of the sign ups anyway.

And we all know that the Obamacrap in order to work it needs a balance of healthy sign ups vs. Medicaid pre existing conditions sign up and right now is not looking good.

For now, the statistics are spotty. The Obama administration still hasn't provided figures on how many people have successfully enrolled through the federally run exchanges. Some, but not all, states have provided their own relatively up-to-date figures.

But for those that have, the lopsided numbers show Medicaid is getting the lion's share of enrollees.

In Washington state, more than 35,000 people have signed up for coverage since Oct. 1. Of them, just 4,500 went into private plans. Roughly 31,000 signed up for Medicaid -- with coverage kicking in sometime between now and Jan. 1.

The director of the state's Health Care Authority said they were "pleased by the strong response of Medicaid-eligible residents."

But the imbalance -- if it does not even out in the months to come -- could create problems for private insurance companies which are relying on a major influx of new and healthy customers to make the system hum.

"There are a lot of elements of this law that have to work, that must work -- otherwise the whole thing collapses," the Cato Institute's Michael Cannon said. "They need -- need -- lots of healthy people to sign up for insurance through the exchanges."

www.foxnews.com...

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 12:31 AM
link   
six= Obama-Michelle-his two daughters- the dog- and the dog trainer.

Two.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 04:54 AM
link   
No wonder Sebelius couldn't answer the committee yesterday. The answer is so appallingly hilarious that it's disturbing.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 04:59 AM
link   

IsntLifeFunny
No wonder Sebelius couldn't answer the committee yesterday. The answer is so appallingly hilarious that it's disturbing.

Well, we all knew this wold be low, but 6? Honestly if the site didn't say it was CBS, I would have thought it was a joke. Man, oh man, is Obama gonna be the butt of jokes later today. I can't wait!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join