It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kevin Sites comments on 'war crime' footage

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 09:39 AM
link   
I have witnessed the Marines behaving as a disciplined and professional force throughout this offensive. In this particular case, it certainly was a confusing situation to say the least.

wireservice.wired.com...

[edit on 16-11-2004 by Ibn Iblis]

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 09:41 AM
link   
I would hope they do act like humans. What are you tring to prove with this?

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 09:44 AM
link   
My point is to silence the haters who try to portray or soldiers as blood-thirsty, triggerhappy murderers.

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 09:48 AM
link   
We have a thread about this already, here.

Infact, this very article, or a replication of it, is on page 3 of that thread.

Welcome to ATS.

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ibn Iblis
My point is to silence the haters who try to portray or soldiers as blood-thirsty, triggerhappy murderers.

They are trained to kill, they are blood-thirsty. They are trained to be that way so they come out alive. I do not blame the warriors, I blame the people who sent them there.

I have a friend that went to Iraq about 5-9 months ago, one of the "softest" guys I know. After about 3 months of being there, the only thing he looked foward to was the kill. They Are not murderers, but they are killers, and they want to kill.

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by cargo
We have a thread about this already, here.

Infact, this very article, or a replication of it, is on page 3 of that thread.

Welcome to ATS.

I thought you were ignoring me?

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 09:54 AM
link   
settle down Ibn Iblis, the last thing this forum needs is another loudmouthed armchair general posting biased nonsense left and right,

Take a deep breath and do yourself a favour.

For 10 minutes imagine that you are a "liberal", now for that time think up reasons why people would be siding with this group, then for another 10 minutes imagine that you are a staunch repbulican, and do the same, now take a step back, realise that both groups must exist in a democracy and try to see the bigger picture of things, theres no point getting yourself all wound up, politics is not a sport.

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Yeah, in that thread I was ignoring you. I'm here in this one to help you out. Or do you commonly take articles posted in current threads, start a new one, tweak the title and hope for some easy points to get you up and going?

Nothing will come of this thread that isn't already being said in the thread I linked above. I think you know this.

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 10:17 AM
link   
I never saw the article posted in the other thread. I found it on my own and posted it.

If the mods think it's out of line they'll lock it.

No loudmouthed armchair QB'ing on my part. That's what the haters do when they call this man a bloodthirsty war criminal. It has nothing to do with left or right; you don't have to be a liberal to trash this marine or our troops in general, nor should only people on the right be critical of those that do. There is no ideological excuse for thinking like this; only irrational, blind hatred.

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 10:20 AM
link   

There is no ideological excuse for thinking like this; only irrational, blind hatred.

ignorance is bliss, hey Ibn.

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Guilty conscience, Squiddy?

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Only irrational Blind Hatered.....

What do you think Ibn Iblis,he shot him out of campassion of the pin he was already under...

Another thing I don't understand is that apparently the soldier was shot in the face the day befor....How the hell does he make it through the medical to go out just the next morning in full action.;?)

Another thing I did'nt notice any bandages on the guys face,did they cover that angle for estetical reasons..maybe?...

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ibn Iblis

come on man,have a heart....what kind of a comment is that..sorry but you lost me there!!!

[edit on 16-11-2004 by Horus_Re]

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Another thing I'd like to pint out is that there's no such thing as Islamofascist,but there are freedom fighters!!

We even cherish such people,like Ce Gevara & so on!!
We respected the bravoury of the Japanese Cama cazies as brave men.
Tora Tora tora,...it takes a special person to become a marter no matter what the reason or the persons idealogy might be.You still have to admire their bravery.These are people who believe in what they are doing 101%,and wrong or right one has to recognize bravery no matter what the believe might be...that's what I think anyways...
War is Ugly either way you portray it,but bravery is to be respected.I respect all the American soldiers in Iraq now,why do we just look at the enemy as simply an enemy????

They must have a reason to be willing to die for,besides the Democracy that we want to give them through a 50cal bullet travelling at 3000ft/s..??
No, or am I crazy....

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 12:54 PM
link   
You're probably crazy.

But I'm not qualified to diagnose.

new topics

top topics

join