It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Apollo 9: Gigantic Cilindrical Objects caught in front of the Moon...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

There wasn't a single close up image of the moon in their photographs.

But they are on youtube so it must be real...

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 10:26 AM
link   
hey guys dont knock youtube. its better then good ol tv cable

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Zaphod58
reply to post by Arken

And looking through all the photograph magazines there isn't a single image that even comes close to the image in the video. There wasn't a single close up image of the moon in their photographs.

Where did you ever find the word "close-up"??

Do you think the links I've posted are fake?

Do you try to derail this thread?
edit on 27-10-2013 by Arken because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Is it possible that aliens scratched the photograph ?
of course it is

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

The images in the video are close up images of the moon. The Apollo 9 images are way too far away to be able to see any kind of detail of anything, let alone tell if there is an anomaly.

+2 more 
posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Zaphod58
reply to post by Arken

And looking through all the photograph magazines there isn't a single image that even comes close to the image in the video. There wasn't a single close up image of the moon in their photographs.

Hey Zaph - FWIW the link of the image provided in the OP is from an official NASA-Johnson Space Center site and looks to be an official pic of the Apollo IX mission. Main site is called "Gateway to Astronaut Photography of Earth".

Original image is not a close up of the moon. You need to zoom in on the image from the link to see the anomalies.

That pic (along with many other mission pics) are there on the site. Along with a boatload of other pics from missions spanning 1961 - Present.

As far as what it is (or they are) - I haven't a clue. I'm not a photographic or imaging expert although I do have some experience in this area. And I agree with ArMap - it doesn't look like any scanning anomaly that I have ever seen. Whether it's an image or film artifact is beyond my ken. Other photo's that appear to be taken from the same camera don't show this anomaly so it's doubtful that it's something on the lens or viewport. Maybe someone with more experience in this area can weigh in.

On a final note, assuming it is an image of something physical/real, since it's a long distance shot of the moon from Earth orbit it's is very difficult to tell the actual distance those objects might be from the Lunar surface or the camera lens.

A lot of questions...and a very grainy photo.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

1 wonders what they look like from above
SnF Arken interesting find.
When these images are not easily disproved are proved... Unidentified at least.

NAMASTE*******

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Riffrafter

I found the original, and that's quite a stretch to go from "there's a scratch there" to "alien spaceship" (for those saying it is). It's either a processing error, or a problem with the camera. I'm going with processing error though, since it only appears on that one picture.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 11:51 AM
link   
IMO the objects are really in the photo, not scratches nor indentations, as the shadow of the moon does cast over the last to cylinders (compared to the first one) thats why the end of the 2 last cylinders are not visible, because of the shadow, scaning anomaly, scratches or indentations wouldn't do that.

Maybe a satelite passing in front of the camera, and looks like a long cylinder because of the slow shutter speed ? don't know if there where any satelites in space at that time ?
edit on 27-10-2013 by WeSbO because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Here is the original image that the OP's image. The OP's was enlarged, cropped, and had its brightness and/or contrast adjusted:

AS09-23-3500:
Image Source: www.lpi.usra.edu...

Considering that this image of the Moon was taken from Earth's orbit (Apollo 9 never went near the moon and never left Earth's orbit), I would say that those lines could be many things. Sure -- it could be an alien spaceship, but it could also be just a scratch on the image (maybe only on this print of the image), or many other things.

I'm not ready to jump to the "Alien ship" conclusion.

EDIT TO ADD:
Scratches do exist on some of the other images from Apollo 9. Here is one taken just about the same time as the OP's image (from the same film magazine -- magazine 23). There is a long scratch in the lower right. Granted -- the scratch is different, but I'm just showing that scratches exist:

AS09-23-3546
Image Source: www.apolloarchive.com...

edit on 10/27/2013 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   

This is the image AS09-23-3500 of the "streetcap1" Video from Official Source in hig-res eol.jsc.nasa.gov...

And this "Blurred one" from the official Apollo Image Atlas
www.lpi.usra.edu...

Something don't match.....

edit on 27-10-2013 by Arken because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Soylent Green Is People
Here is the original image that the OP's image. The OP's was enlarged, cropped, and had its brightness and/or contrast adjusted

No, the image from the OP came from another site, the link is in the OP.

Edit: and in the post above this one.

edit on 27/10/2013 by ArMaP because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 12:10 PM
link   

It doesn't always have to be Space craft can be CREATOR energies that exist in space that are large in size also. Thing is unidentified either way, you know Zaphod58..

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   

ArMaP

Soylent Green Is People
Here is the original image that the OP's image. The OP's was enlarged, cropped, and had its brightness and/or contrast adjusted

No, the image from the OP came from another site, the link is in the OP.

Edit: and in the post above this one.

edit on 27/10/2013 by ArMaP because: (no reason given)

No -- I mean that the image seen in the OP was cropped and enlarged from the NASA original, which was the one I posted (AS09-23-3500).

The version I posted from the Lunar Planetary Institute (LPI) Apollo Image Atlas. This site does not have hi-res versions of the image. It would be nice to find another high-res version of image AS09-23-3500.

EDIT: I see Arken has linked to a more high-res image. Thanks.
edit on 10/27/2013 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

And to immediately go to the most far out possible thing it could be, with no evidence whatsoever, isn't logical. That's like the rock pictures. You see what you think is something, but logically is a rock, but people sit and argue that there's no way it could be a rock. It just doesn't make sense.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Zaphod58
reply to post by Riffrafter

I found the original, and that's quite a stretch to go from "there's a scratch there" to "alien spaceship" (for those saying it is). It's either a processing error, or a problem with the camera. I'm going with processing error though, since it only appears on that one picture.

oh, so now it IS an actual photo from Apollo 9? jeez, just keep swinging till you hit one pal. "processing error" is the best you can do once your pathetic "it's not an Apollo 9 photo" bs has been put to rest? if you insist that Earth humans are the only intelligent life in the universe, just say so and we'll ignore your rantings on this subject from this point forward.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Urantia1111

It took me some time to find the original. Sue me.

You know, not everything is an alien spaceship. Or something extraterrestrial. Pictures do have processing errors, as well as lens scratches. Especially the cameras back then.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Don't forget to add,

Especially when you zoom in on an old photo...

Lol....

I'm with you Zaph.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Urantia1111

"processing error" is the best you can do once your pathetic "it's not an Apollo 9 photo" bs has been put to rest?

And your able to put his BS to rest?

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Its most definitely an artifact if you look closely between the lines covering the moon it is a t or cross shape you can clearly see.
In the hi res version you can clearly see blue scan lines in the top right corner.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join