It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Apollo 9: Gigantic Cilindrical Objects caught in front of the Moon...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Is it possible that the image was taken though the on-board sextant and telescope that the Apollo CM was equipped with?

I'm looking now for information on the telescope and sextant to see if it included a crosshair. If you look closely at the OP's image, there are vertical lines too, not just horizontal ones. I think those could be crosshair lines, and the vertical component is more blurred than the horizontal because the motion blurr may be in the horizontal direction (so the horizontal lines would not look as blurred).

The idea that this was taken through the sextant/telescope could explain why the Moon is so big in this image. The Moon is too big to be seen from Earth's orbit (which is where Apollo 9 was), so that's why I thought that it may be shot through the sextant/telescope. Maybe that also explains the greeninsh color? (or maybe not). It could also explain the blurriness of the image because holding a camera up to a telescope lens is not easy.

By the way -- here is another high resolution version of the original image that Arken has provided:

AS09-23-3500 from Apolloarchive.com

edit on 10/27/2013 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 01:47 PM
link   

tsurfer2000h
reply to post by Urantia1111

"processing error" is the best you can do once your pathetic "it's not an Apollo 9 photo" bs has been put to rest?

And your able to put his BS to rest?

its already been established that the image in question is a genuine Apollo 9 photo. Zaphod admits as much, then changes his plan of attack trying to debunk this. everything is scratches and camera issues. i think it may hurt his feelings if anything more advanced than a jet aircraft were to show up somewhere.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Urantia1111

Once again, someone that doesn't know me from Adam has decided that they know everything about me. I have not seen anything that doesn't appear to be scratches or processing errors, no matter how hard you try to spin it. You can try all you want, but film cameras leave scratches. I would love to see a real alien space ship, but you still haven't shown me anything that even comes close. As much as you try to spin scratches and film errors.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Urantia1111
its already been established that the image in question is a genuine Apollo 9 photo. Zaphod admits as much, then changes his plan of attack trying to debunk this. everything is scratches and camera issues. i think it may hurt his feelings if anything more advanced than a jet aircraft were to show up somewhere.

Yeah. It may be established that the image is real, but that doesn't mean the image is of a giant cylindrical alien ship. It could be a lot of things, a scratch like Zaphod suggested, the cross hairs of the Command Module's sextant/telescope, as I suggested above -- or, frankly, an alien ship.

As I said above, I think it could be an image with the camera pointed into the eyepiece of the sextant/scanning telescope because (1) that could explain how the Moon looks so big from Apollo 9 (which never left Low earth orbit), and (2) that could explain the blurriness and "glow" of the image.

Those are my reasons for thinking the lines are from the sextant crosshairs. What is your reason for thinking it is a giant cylindrical alien ship?

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

Crosshairs are all over Apollo mission photos.

en.m.wikipedia.org...

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Zaphod58
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

And to immediately go to the most far out possible thing it could be, with no evidence whatsoever, isn't logical.

I can agree with your point made. 1 feels it is also logical to keep an open mind for the unidentified and or unknown...

Zaphod58
That's like the rock pictures. You see what you think is something, but logically is a rock, but people sit and argue that there's no way it could be a rock. It just doesn't make sense.

The rock pictures

is basically to 1 saying look closely and you may SEE something there but alas it that must be somewhat downplayed intentionally & acknowledged as a rock
even if something IS there Zaphod58. That way if is a pic and did happen its nothing more then a rock in the end and those who see SEE...

edit on 10/27/13 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

I'm willing to keep an open mind on things like this. I just require something more than "look at this!" or zoomed, cropped pictures and videos. Like I said in another post, I'd love to see a real life honest to god alien ship. I just haven't seen one yet, or anything that can't be explained away with another explanation.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   

SasquatchHunter

Crosshairs are all over Apollo mission photos.

en.m.wikipedia.org...

That's not true. Some cameras used for Apollo did not always have the reseau plate with the crosshairs. In fact, none of the other images taken with that camera around the time the OP's picture was taken had crosshairs.

Here is the image on that roll (film magazine 23/D) that was take immediately prior to the OP's image. This is image AS09-23-3499; the OP's image is AS09-23-3500:

Image Source:
www.apolloarchive.com...

I'm saying the crosshairs are inside the sextant/scanning telescope, and the camera could have been put up to the eyepiece of the sextant for the picture. That's why the Moon looks big in the image.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Soylent Green Is People
Is it possible that the image was taken though the on-board sextant and telescope that the Apollo CM was equipped with?

I'm looking now for information on the telescope and sextant to see if it included a crosshair. If you look closely at the OP's image, there are vertical lines too, not just horizontal ones. I think those could be crosshair lines, and the vertical component is more blurred than the horizontal because the motion blurr may be in the horizontal direction (so the horizontal lines would not look as blurred).

The idea that this was taken through the sextant/telescope could explain why the Moon is so big in this image. The Moon is too big to be seen from Earth's orbit (which is where Apollo 9 was), so that's why I thought that it may be shot through the sextant/telescope. Maybe that also explains the greeninsh color? (or maybe not). It could also explain the blurriness of the image because holding a camera up to a telescope lens is not easy.

By the way -- here is another high resolution version of the original image that Arken has provided:

AS09-23-3500 from Apolloarchive.com

The only problem with that theory is it says the picture was taken using the 80mm Hasselblad lens, its more likely and error during processing or scanning but obviously on here mundane answers not good enough as for the link to the Saturn pic was that not debunked as it was a long exposure and the object was stretched due to the length of time the exposure took.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 02:34 PM
link   
I wish I could find an actual picture of the Command Module's sextant/telescope. All I could find online was this recreation of it (this is an illustration -- NOT a real picture of the sextant). That being said, in this illustration of the sextant, you can see the crosshairs I am talking about:

Image Source: www.geocities.jp...

I think maybe the astronaut held the camera up to the sextant eyepiece.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 02:36 PM
link   

wmd_2008
...The only problem with that theory is it says the picture was taken using the 80mm Hasselblad lens, its more likely and error during processing or scanning but obviously on here mundane answers not good enough as for the link to the Saturn pic was that not debunked as it was a long exposure and the object was stretched due to the length of time the exposure took.

That's why I'm saying that maybe the astronaut held the camera up to the sextant eyepiece. It was a picture taken with the Hasselblad 70mm, but maybe it was a picture taken with the Hasselblad 70 mm through the sextant.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by wmd_2008

but obviously on here mundane answers not good enough

For the sake of dispelling hypocrisy, it seems extraordinary answers are never good enough for some on here either...so at least, there's that much in common, it's just opposite ends of the opinion spectum.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Here is 3503. Contains something similar.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Soylent Green Is People
I wish I could find an actual picture of the Command Module's sextant/telescope. All I could find online was this recreation of it (this is an illustration -- NOT a real picture of the sextant). That being said, in this illustration of the sextant, you can see the crosshairs I am talking about:

Image Source: www.geocities.jp...

I suppose it could be possible the sextant was 28 power according to the documentation the problem would be getting an image with the 80mm Hasselblad lens and the sextant.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 03:00 PM
link   
It´s just moon worms

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Soylent Green Is People

wmd_2008
...The only problem with that theory is it says the picture was taken using the 80mm Hasselblad lens, its more likely and error during processing or scanning but obviously on here mundane answers not good enough as for the link to the Saturn pic was that not debunked as it was a long exposure and the object was stretched due to the length of time the exposure took.

That's why I'm saying that maybe the astronaut held the camera up to the sextant eyepiece. It was a picture taken with the Hasselblad 70mm, but maybe it was a picture taken with the Hasselblad 70 mm through the sextant.

No the LENS was 80mm the film format is 70mm

Identification
Mission: AS09 Roll: 23 Frame: 3500 Mission ID on the Film or image: AS9
Country or Geographic Name:
Features: LUNAR VIEW
Center Point Latitude: Center Point Longitude: (Negative numbers indicate south for latitude and west for longitude)
Stereo: No (Yes indicates there is an adjacent picture of the same area)
ONC Map ID: JNC Map ID:
Camera
Camera Tilt:
Camera Focal Length: 80mm
Camera: HB: Hasselblad
Film: SO368 : Kodak Ektachrome MS, equivalent to 2448 Kodak Aerochrome, ASA64, thin base, fine grain.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 03:02 PM
link   

MysterX
reply to post by wmd_2008

but obviously on here mundane answers not good enough

For the sake of dispelling hypocrisy, it seems extraordinary answers are never good enough for some on here either...so at least, there's that much in common, it's just opposite ends of the opinion spectum.

What's more likely

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I would think there is a good chance it is something in the space craft causing it to be captured on the image.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 03:52 PM
link   

That appears to be the most logical explanation to me. The lines look like they match up close enough to what that would look like through the sextant. I can't find any other examples though.

If nothing else, I learned more about Apollo navigation today

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 04:02 PM
link   

cheesy
If it L shape then we are screw..
Very interesting Sir..
Hope someone can explain it..it very Huge!
SnF

So what is wrong with l shaped ones.... Lol

The Bot

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join