It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The majority thinks Christians are judgemental and stupid

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 05:27 PM
link   

3NL1GHT3N3D1
reply to post by Agree2Disagree

Yet those scientists have evidence that those leaves harness that energy, scientists have pictures and data to prove that there is a hurricane on (I believe you meant) Jupiter.

You're comparing apple's to oranges here, there is absolutely zero evidence whatsoever that Jesus died for our sins and that believing that ridiculousness saves you from eternal punishment. Zero, zilch, nada, none.

Scientists can see and document those leaves and that hurricane, there is no documenting or seeing Jesus saving us from sin and sending us to heaven. You have blind faith in something that can never ever ever be proven. Well... unless you die of course, which is awfully convenient for those donation plates being passed around at church.

What are your reasons for believing? Scientists have hard evidence of the energy those leaves collect and that hurricane on Jupiter. Where is your hard evidence? If you have none, it is blind faith, plain and simple.

Do you walk by faith and not by sight as Paul tells you to? Then you are blind being led by the blind. Jesus never said to do that did he? So you are being led by Paul's teachings in that situation, whether you want to see it or not.

And I have a personal relationship and a changed life to prove that Christ is real. Many others will submit the same proofs of their own lives. There is evidence...but you just fail to see it.

Those who have eyes to see and ears to hear would be greatly benefited to use them.
I walk by faith in Christ...This is not the blind leading the blind...This is Christ leading the blind.

The greek word used in Paul's letter is "pistis" which means "faith" or "belief,believing"...
So we take this knowledge and apply it to something practical. Say I BELIEVE it's going to rain. It may LOOK sunny out...It may LOOK as if it's going to be a great day...but I still carry my umbrella because of my BELIEF.
This is what it means to walk by faith not by sight. Though everything may look peachy and grand, it isn't always the case. And scientifically speaking, THERE IS a calm before the storm....This is why we can't always trust our SENSES....

A2D

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by LoneGunMan

If "most" think poorly about Christians, then they must be on to something. I can't recall when "most" were right about anything.

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

He did not use words, nor telepathy...he made me feel what he said. Kind of like how words are not enough to pass on an experience? He transferred his experience to me of how he knew me.

If that makes sense.

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 09:28 PM
link   

undo
lonegunman

if you like black gospel, you might like this too

Might like it? How could I not...that was something special. Thank you my friend!

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Lol...what do you really think?

I was broke, had not capitol and no backing. I did some ancient rituals and the next day I got a call from someone I did psychic reads for in his store and he said Brian I am closing my doors do you want all my store fixtures? The day after that some woman walked up to me at Barnes and Noble and asked me who I was...I began a conversation and it led to my idea for a new age store and she said she had the inventory and wanted to know if she cold sell it there on consignment. I opened the doors and this other woman walked in and said she loved the store and volunteered to work for free so I could get it going. Then others came....

It went on like that for the next year, until I was solid.

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Tetrarch42
Quick question for those so inclined, is apostasy considered an unforgivable sin? Can I go to Heaven if I not only dislike the God and Jesus in the Bible, but do not even believe they exist?

If your apostasy was renunciation and not abandonment and you understood fully the imperfect nature of man in our current material state and you repented and let the workings of the cross enter your soul then you are ready. Sounds like a croak to you doesn't it?

If not you are not ready for your next step.

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 09:48 PM
link   

TDawg61
I'm thinking that your immortal soul must have been in serious jeopardy to warrant a visitation of that caliber OP!A minor miracle,no?Of course the atheists poo-poo it.Like they've done with the miracles performed by Christ when mortal.Or Fatima,Lourdes,the stereotypical people that fell from several story building's and somehow lived or the small mothers who managed to lift cars off people.I feel the spirit of anti-Christ and his soon to be damned control ALL governments,the UN,Hollywood,essentially all mass media,police and courts.Yes the persecution of the Christians is a main element of Christian prophecy.This slaughter we begin in earnest when AC assumes control.There will be no denying Satan's reality then,I promise you.
edit on CDTSatam6261 by TDawg61 because: (no reason given)

Thank you for understanding.

Yes my immortal soul was in very serious jeopardy...I took the dark arts too far. I shiver when I think where I would have ended up without this visitation. I also think the time must be near and I was given this one last chance. I am getting so many chills thinking about that moment. Beautiful Jesus came to me and gave me this chance. Brings tears thinking about it.

Thank you Jesus.

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Do you love your children? If one comes home and has stolen from a classmate Are you going to put some wrath and fear into them or are you going to say "oh honey you stole something and I love you" or are you going to love them but show them a lesson in why they should not steal?

Will you spare the rod? Give a time out? Watch some TV with them and act like it did not happen?

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 10:12 PM
link   

A2D this is what he is doing.

Proverbs 26:11
As a dog returns to its vomit, so fools repeat their folly.

Some good advice from the book of good news...

Proverbs 23:9
Do not speak to fools, for they will scorn your prudent words.

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 10:36 PM
link   
judg·ment
noun \ˈjəj-mənt\

: an opinion or decision that is based on careful thought

: the act or process of forming an opinion or making a decision after careful thought : the act of judging something or someone

: the ability to make good decisions about what should be done
a : a formal utterance of an authoritative opinion
b : an opinion so pronounced
a : a formal decision given by a court
b (1) : an obligation (as a debt) created by the decree of a court (2) : a certificate evidencing such a decree
a capitalized : the final judging of humankind by God
b : a divine sentence or decision; specifically : a calamity held to be sent by God
a : the process of forming an opinion or evaluation by discerning and comparing
b : an opinion or estimate so formed
a : the capacity for judging : discernment
b : the exercise of this capacity
: a proposition stating something believed or asserted

Too many throw that word out trying to make it sound like it is a bad thing.

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 10:42 PM
link   

1.Sometimes it is all that is available.
2.But call NO man a fool,lest u be in Judgement also,,

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 11:32 PM
link   

3NL1GHT3N3D1

You're following a blind guide named Paul. Paul is the antichrist.

2 Corinthians 5
7 For we walk by faith, not by sight.

Those who do not walk by sight walk blindly. Paul has led you into a pit.

First of all, there are many antichrists...but what are antichrists?

I John 2:22, “Who is the liar? It is whoever denies that Jesus is the Christ. Such a person is the antichrist—denying the Father and the Son.

So an antichrist is literally ANYONE that denies that Jesus is the Christ. Did Paul do this?

A2D

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Tetrarch42

not god, singular, but gods, plural.
if you watch the video i linked, they explain how 3d reality exists as a wave of potentials that doesn't solidify into 3d particle matter, until a conscience effort is made to record the wave data
this means your conscious mind is solifying reality from a wave of many different potential realities. YOU are creating the heavens and the earth, and so i am, and everyone else.
edit on 27-10-2013 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 05:31 AM
link   
Do I think Christians are judgmental? No, I wouldn't use the word judgmental. I would use the word condescending.

Do I think they are stupid? No, I wouldn't say that they're stupid. Perhaps the better words would be deceived, or misinformed.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Broom
Most people are judgmental and stupid. Doesn't matter what they believe in.

Gotta agree with this. It's not a 'christian thing'. It's a human thing.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Well to be fair and honest with you mate, I was just about to link something I read the other day when I stumbled across this..

Actually, the contradiction exists in our understanding, not in the Bible--which is always the case with alleged biblical contradictions.

......Really ?? No wait ! Really ??

Can be found here Bible contradictions or not ?

Now without attacking you or any other brothers or sisters here..belief in a Christianity requires a tremendous amount of faith given the numerous amount of evidence that is stacked against your theological belief system.

Personally I have a few close friends that are Christian, and would never come out and call them stupid, as I believe everyone is entitled to their own. Plus I enjoy the friendly debates we often get in too

However on the judgemental side of the argument. A christian can't help it.. the bible is riddled and rife with it, churches breed judgement, its a sad offset of such beliefs.

After spending 16 years in a Pentecostal Christian upbringing, I think I can get away with that last comment

Namaste
~sacri~

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Text I used to be a christian, but the hypocrisy, foolishness and general lameness of so many christians is part of what led me to see that it is brainwashing.

reply to post by CB328

So you quit being a candidate for eternal life because the other guy didn't do like you wanted? That sounds like a good excuse to lose your salvation. What did you expect in life? You want a badge that says the other guys have to believe what I say and do? Better re think all of this before you can't re think all of this. Brainwashing? When you feel the heat on the bottom of your feet then you will know what brain-washing really is.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 10:25 AM
link   

from the book of seth

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 11:20 AM
link   

“Who is the liar? It is whoever denies that Jesus is the Christ.

What is a/the "Christ"?

Did you know that "Christ" Christos/Chrestus was an ancient cult, and that many people were called "Christs", including Caasar, who was wearing the title at the time, during the life of Jesus?

"Give back to Caesar what is Caesar's" (Mark 12:17)

Do you really think that Jesus would accept a title that was pagan and that Caesar was using?

Jesus "Christ" certainly never existed. Jesus the Nazarene, perhaps.

edit on 27-10-2013 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   

The thing is, Paul taught about a false Jesus, one that came to die for sins. Not once does Jesus ever say you must believe he died for your sins to be saved, in fact he taught that good works are what save, hence "love thy neighbor" and "keep my commandments".

I believe in Jesus and keep his commandments, yet I am going to hell because of what Paul said? The guy who said to walk blindly? Sorry, but I'm not going to let a man who taught blindness to lead me into a pit.

Do you even realize just how many loopholes you have to jump through in order to justify your beliefs? Even the OP said he would keep believing even if his belief was proved wrong. There are some major problems with your faith because it is blind faith.

You even agreed that you are blind! How much more obvious can it be?
edit on 27-10-2013 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join