It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your Money Is No Good Here: How Our Upside Down Flag Caused Local Business Owner to Turn Us Away!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

Which is exactly why you shouldn't be flying your flag upside down to make a political statement.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Junkheap

Unless your family is being held hostage by a burglar in your house or your in some other similar personal danger, it's improper use of the distress signal and that's that.

If that's the case, the use is appropriate in my situation. We've almost lost everything because a box truck driver decided texting and driving was a good idea, slamming into my other half at 60 MPH as he was waiting to make a left hand turn. Things changed forever in that moment.

The accident left us in dire straits and HAS put our family in serious danger.

Or does that sort of danger not apply in your opinion?

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Junkheap

To YOU a political statement, because you dont agree, to ME, I feel we are in danger

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by daryllyn

Do you have a problem calling your husband your husband or your boyfriend your boyfriend. Or are you really separated Siamese twins.????? Your other half over and over again just seems weird to me. And an upside down flag was supposed to be a sign of distress not a political statement. That is just treason.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by AutumnWitch657

I call my better half my ole lady, so what?

Our Country is in distress and flying the flag upside down is the proper thing to do in these strange times. Not sorry you're offended!

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 08:06 AM
link   
It was the hard way but you learned it is a person you don't need to do business with. Spend your money somewhere else. We have had situations that have taught us that some owners will not get our business. It probably doesn't have a big effect on them but we living the principle.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Here's an idea. Get with a good friend or family member that you can trust. Have them go to the auto dealer and work the same deal as before or maybe even better. Then sell your truck to that person for a dollar and have them trade it in for the vehicle you wanted. Once purchased, they sell it to you for a dollar. (Then give them a commission fee or do something real nice for them. LOL. )

Once you have the title in hand, put a Gadsen Flag sticker on the window and make sure the auto dealer sees it with your hubby driving it. I know it sounds petty, but I think that would be hilarious just to see the look on his face.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 08:21 AM
link   

AutumnWitch657

Do you have a problem calling your husband your husband or your boyfriend your boyfriend. Or are you really separated Siamese twins.????? Your other half over and over again just seems weird to me. And an upside down flag was supposed to be a sign of distress not a political statement. That is just treason.

What does the way I refer to him have to do with this topic?

I don't feel its treason. Our rights, constitution and way of life are all in danger. It was intended to symbolize that.

The term 'political statement' is just the way I summed up the combination of the sign and flag together.
edit on 25-10-2013 by daryllyn because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 08:30 AM
link   
I don't blame you for not wanting to tell us who and where this dealer is, but I hope you've told your story as well and as loudly on any social sites you participate in. Even if one person decides not to do business with this dealership because of your story, then his decision to not do business with you has an opportunity cost much greater than the lost revenue from you.

I totally agree with the sentiment behind flying the flag upside down, but I don't think I could bring myself to do it. Even though few people know it these days it is a distress symbol. I'd worry about some LEO who actually knows what flying one upside down means stopping by just to make sure you're alright. It might even rise to the level of probable cause/reasonable suspicion to do a search of your house just to make sure everyone is safe. Flying a National Flag upside down is after all an internationally recognized distress symbol.

I remember doing a play in elementary school, set in the old west, where two bandits break into the school house and the teacher is able to summon the sheriff by shenanigans with the flag.
edit on 25-10-2013 by jefwane because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 08:48 AM
link   
*post removed*

Soliciting/Recruiting to action is not allowed on the boards.

edit on 25-10-2013 by openyourmind1262 because: (no reason given)

edit on 10/25/2013 by 12m8keall2c because: Soliciting/Recruiting to action is not allowed on the boards.

edit on 10/25/2013 by 12m8keall2c because: unnecessary post-edit commentary removed

edit on 10/25/2013 by 12m8keall2c because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 08:50 AM
link   
I'm not at all surprised the way the man reacted to your displays of government distress. Most people's behavior are dictated by what they are taught is socially acceptable. Everything else not taught is just filled in by the individual. In this guy's case, he takes offence to flying the flag upside down because it's not the "social norm". It's not what everyone else is doing, there for it's wrong.

I personally don't see anything wrong with your displays. Keep up the good work. Our government needs to see that people are concerned for our well being and future as a nation.

~HAARP Watcher~

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Junkheap
Flying your flag upside down to make a policital statement is equivalent to yelling "fire" in a movie theater when there is no fire or yelling "help" in a swimming pool when your not in danger and I find it disrespectful.

Yelling "fire" in a swimming pool would def be not cool.
Yelling "help!" in a movie theater means my uncle might be out of prison.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 08:57 AM
link   

I'm glad that the owner made a stand.
Having things saying "impeach Obama" is just pathetic and im glad he stuck to his guns.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by stargatetravels

By your reasoning, Dary stuck to her guns as well

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 09:03 AM
link   

stargatetravels

I'm glad that the owner made a stand.
Having things saying "impeach Obama" is just pathetic and im glad he stuck to his guns.

What did he stick to???? By his own admission, he didn't know what the upside down flag meant.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 09:03 AM
link   

The GOP held a gun to the nation's head and demanded they get their own way, CAUSING the shutdown, even though 'obamacare' was passed before and was already law.

That is not democracy, it's extortion.

Fly your flags however you like, but the reason is the Rep's not Obama.
As long as you're clear on that
edit on 25-10-2013 by stargatetravels because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 09:04 AM
link   

If you cant see that this country is in the trouble.....Take your head out of the stargate and look around. It's more than obvious. Blame is to be laid on both parties DEMS & REPS. Us common folks are the ones that suffer. It;s time for that to change.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by openyourmind1262

“What you cannot do, what cannot be allowed to stand is the notion that a group of legislators that cannot convince a majority in both Houses and the President to agree with them, would then shut down the government or threaten default until they got their way. That is not democracy, that is extortion.”

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 09:08 AM
link   

But the POTUS can do as he damn well please's, without any flack. No, I dont think so. By the way you signed up for the Obamanation Insurance yet?

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by openyourmind1262

Totally agree, it is the people who suffer and it is time to change, but I doubt we'll agree on the change that's needed.
Everyone is so entrenched and so angry, you just can't have a discussion.
Plus the change I want will differ vastly from the change you want.

Here come the 'tea party star brigade', oh well, enjoy the rest of the thread.
edit on 25-10-2013 by stargatetravels because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join