It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has anybody on this forum read up on Seth (of Jane Roberts fame)?

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by brazenalderpadrescorpio

You'd think he'd have chosen a more mystical name.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 06:23 PM
link   
I just read the OP of Dominicus's thread about enlightenment. It's not bad considering that it's based on archaic information; especially compared to what Seth said on the object. Seth said that many religions got it wrong when referring to the ego. The ego in and of itself is not bad. It helps us deal with physical life as Dominicus alludes to in his OP. Seth refers to it as a physical expert. What is bad about the ego is our society's intense focus on the ego (as well as our demonizing of the ego). Seth mentioned that the intense focus on the ego in our present time has a purpose. It is to step outside of the connectedness with its interior self that humanity had in its past and to experience something new. He also mentions that in the near future humanity will experience a transformation that is not merely a denying of the ego, but an unspeakable transformation that is beyond the ego. I hope that this helps.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by LosPollos

Maybe Seth should have chosen Astralagus Naranji as his name. If that would sound too weird at least Los Pollos would be satisfied. You have carved out a real good future here on the World Wide Web; your parents must be proud. Maybe he's an accountant in real life! LOL.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by brazenalderpadrescorpio

It was a joke... Looks like your unrivalled depth of knowledge on mysticism didn't teach you the famous rule about sarcasm.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Famous according to LosPollos?

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 06:42 PM
link   

kauskau

hm i am still not quite sure about all that. Because i see for myself how hard it is to "trust" in new concepts. For me for example there is no doubt that bashar is the real deal and knows the truth. But still i am not following the idea of "always following my highest joy"..because i am still afraid that this could bring damage for my carreer...
And when it comes to illness its a whole different thing: to conquer your fears and try something new is not easy..even when you are the "medium of the good news" itself..
The medium still is not the source...thats what we should not forget.
But i didnt like the way esther handled the situation afterwards.but I never was a big fan o abraham hicks.. Is not my "vibe":..The way esther speaks is not a clear sign of a real channeling for me..so thats why i stopped listening to it.

Bashar is a heck of lot more interesting than Esther Hicks-Abraham. Hicks-Abraham keeps repeating the same tired stuff over & over again.

Bashar has much more range & depth. I don't trust "channeled" info and I'm not convinced Bashar is what "it" says it is, but I think the Bashar material is worth listening to. Very interesting.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Even though I have an "unrivalled depth of knowledge about mysticism," I've grown up all my life in the ghetto (close to Los Angeles and even closer to Long Beach). So in other words you're not going to one-up me.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 12:11 AM
link   
I should probably stop being mean to people. I just realized that I'm not even sure if some of these people are trolls. I gotta relax.
edit on bWed, 30 Oct 2013 00:12:00 -0500am302America/Chicago10amWednesday30America/Chicago by brazenalderpadrescorpio because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 05:45 AM
link   
reply to post by midnightstars

here you can find a lot of old material

archive.org...
edit on 30-10-2013 by kauskau because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 06:56 AM
link   

kauskau
reply to post by midnightstars

here you can find a lot of old material

archive.org...

Thanks, I'm going to listen to some of them. The guy pretending to be Bashar is a pretty upbeat and knowledgeable fellow, so well worth the time.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Here's the link to the Jane Roberts article on wiccanpedia, ah, Wikipedia, which is fairly long and contains a good listing of books and other data:

en.wikipedia.org...

It says her personal papers are at the Yale University Library, probably worth a trip for Seth fans/researchers.
edit on 30-10-2013 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Aleister

you dont get it lol..the guy channeling bashar is not knowledgable

but you will get that one day..

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   

I wouldn't mind going to Yale for that. I was wondering if the posts by thebtheb about aliens are there, archived that is. That would be cool if they were.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 05:54 PM
link   

kauskau

you dont get it lol..the guy channeling bashar is not knowledgable

but you will get that one day..

Is it like the Seth persona - a part of Jane Roberts that was the oversoul (with at least one or two more oversouls more than that which were to Seth as Seth was to Roberts - or is the guy claiming that Bashar is another entity entirely? I know nothing about the guy running Bashar. Does he remember the sessions (or speeches, whatever Bashar uses as a stage)? Is he a fan of Bashar? Who records his stuff, does he have people around him who work on getting the data out to the public and fans? I like what I've seen of Bashar, just would like more info on the set-up and where the fellow running him thinks he comes from.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 05:55 PM
link   

brazenalderpadrescorpio

I wouldn't mind going to Yale for that. I was wondering if the posts by thebtheb about aliens are there, archived that is. That would be cool if they were.

If we have anyone from this thread who can get there easily it would be interesting to get a first-hand report of what the Jane Roberts archives look like and contain.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   

I might be moving to the east coast soon. The bad news is that I'd have to go under darkness of light, as the person I'm moving with is also a Jehovah's Witness. I could get disfellowshipped.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 06:00 PM
link   

its an entire different persona..

but in a way at the same time we as humans are spekaing to our oversoul. Its complex. I would recommend to listen to the material to get all the answers. Its worth it.
Darryl has a team recording the sessions.
here is an introduction from darryl (not in trance state)

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 06:03 PM
link   
who is bashar

about his planet (btw this was the first talk i heard which started to break my scepticism..when he is asked about astrology..if its existiing in his system..his answer totally blew my mind in its simple precise integrative flow.....)

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 06:07 PM
link   

brazenalderpadrescorpio

I might be moving to the east coast soon. The bad news is that I'd have to go under darkness of light, as the person I'm moving with is also a Jehovah's Witness. I could get disfellowshipped.

Good luck with the move. You will at least be within some medium (no pun intended) distance to the Edgar Cayce archives at Virginia Beach, the Seth archives at Yale, and lots of other good stuff.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Is Virginia Beach in Virginia? If you say yes I'm going to feel pretty stupid!

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join