It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has anybody on this forum read up on Seth (of Jane Roberts fame)?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Aleister

I'm not exactly sure if that's what he/she said. That sentence was hard to understand. At least for me.

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 09:52 PM
link   

kauskau

brazenalderpadrescorpio
reply to post by midnightstars

One of her last books explains why Seth couldn't or chose not to actively intervene in her illness. I could do it myself, but the book would explain it much better.

can you tell me where? because often people tell me exactly that: "why couldnt she use what she learned from seth"..

its the same with the husband of esther hicks..

But that would make no sense. As Seth said, we die when we choose to. Jane actually had hinted in earlier poetry that she wanted to move on, even to a degree consciously. It's not as if just because she was the channeler of this material, she was perfect at it? Why does a doctor get ill? Why are psychologists basically nuts?

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by thebtheb

That's a good point, too. She may have been exempt from death for a short time, but not forever. Seth of course would not be a party to that. I mean, just because she was arguably one of the greatest channellers doesn't mean that she was meant to be immortal. I felt that the comment that initiated Kaskau's is basically made from an immature standpoint, if I may say so. I mean Jane is not a vampire, or even Highlander. And yet, even they can die... Seth would never violate the laws of nature as they currently stand.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 12:35 AM
link   
I read 'Seth Speaks- The Eternal Validity of The Soul' 7 years ago. I first heard of it here, in a thread by a poster named Sleeper titled 'are extraterestrials real? as real as the nose on your face'. A day or two after that thread was closed, I had my experience www.examiner.com/article/2006-witness-reports-getting-zapped-by-ufo

A few days later, my Aunt suggested Seth Speaks. Remembering it from that thread, I picked it up right away. Now, it has been over 7 years now, but I had a valid experience with the activation of a co-ordination point just as described in the book. It was a small fire that started in mud behind the parking lot of the (supposedly haunted) family resturant where I worked. Under every condition mentioned in the chapter.

So... I felt I had to chime in and back this book up. I don't necessarily believe everything in it 100%, but I do know from personal experience that... something is up with it.

On a side note this thread made me ask my friend for my copy back. I need to read it again.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 01:42 AM
link   
reply to post by johnnychicken

That's funny about your friend. LOL.
I was curious about your experience with coordination points. Could you give a detailed account about that fire and how it related to coordination points? The reason I'm asking is because it's one of the things I least understood about the book. I mean, I have a rough understanding, but not nearly as concise an understanding as I would like. I feel like it is related to ley lines.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 02:04 AM
link   

mistersmith

Am I a follower of Osho ?
I owe a great deal to Osho, and just thinking of him fills me with gratitude.

On a semantic point, he said not to "follow" him, as he was not going anywhere -- but your meaning is clear, and yes, he was and is a tremendous inspiration and comfort through his writing.

I know he is criticised on many counts, but I sincerely hope that such material does not sully this delightful thread.

I'm sorry that your empathy with Jane proves to be a barrier, through the books I've come to see that in a wider context.
I see pain and illness as part of the journey, and Seth's role to help us through, not enable us to avoid it.
I sense a resentment against Seth which you could drop if you chose, without any unfairness towards Jane. She would want you to read the books.

With sincere best wishes,
mistersmith.

Silly me, I get concerned whenever I come across someone promoting Osho (aka Rajneesh). He helped destroy people (and their children) with his false leadership. I have nothing against people reading his books, as long as they have been forewarned that he lead an extremely destructive cult. One of the worst fake "gurus" to arrive in the West. I remember seeing a bordello in Amsterdam where his "disciples" (male & female) prostituted themselves to raise money for their "Master."

As for poor Jane Roberts and her "Seth," I guess I didn't make myself clear. I think Jane Roberts was deluded and "Seth" was a Lower Astral disincarnate pretending to be a spiritual teacher. I would not steer anyone towards the "Seth" books.

Generally, I do not trust "channeled" information.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 02:09 AM
link   

brazenalderpadrescorpio

One of her last books explains why Seth couldn't or chose not to actively intervene in her illness. I could do it myself, but the book would explain it much better.

Thanks for responding, but I would not waste time reading another Seth book.

edit on 29-10-2013 by midnightstars because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 02:21 AM
link   

kauskau

brazenalderpadrescorpio

can you tell me where? because often people tell me exactly that: "why couldnt she use what she learned from seth"..

Yes, exactly, Kauskau.

I'm glad my instincts were right about Esther Hicks and "Abraham." Although in the Hicks case, it might be intentional fraud. I don't think Jane Roberts was a fraud, just misled, as many mediums are.

I don't like the way they lied and hid the real nature of Jerry Hicks illness (died of cancer Nov 18, 2011). He did not use the "Abraham" methods of healing, but went with conventional chemo. So much for his faith in the "Abraham" teachings.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 02:22 AM
link   

This post is more to the point of your first comment:

post by brazenalderpadrescorpio

But to be honest with you, I don't care what anyone reads. More Seth for us...

edit on bTue, 29 Oct 2013 02:22:29 -0500am301America/Chicago10amTuesday29America/Chicago by brazenalderpadrescorpio because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 03:18 AM
link   

You have your beliefs, and I have mine.
Thanks for sharing.

mistersmith.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 03:45 AM
link   

midnightstars

kauskau

brazenalderpadrescorpio

Yes, exactly, Kauskau.

I'm glad my instincts were right about Esther Hicks and "Abraham." Although in the Hicks case, it might be intentional fraud. I don't think Jane Roberts was a fraud, just misled, as many mediums are.

I don't like the way they lied and hid the real nature of Jerry Hicks illness (died of cancer Nov 18, 2011). He did not use the "Abraham" methods of healing, but went with conventional chemo. So much for his faith in the "Abraham" teachings.

hm i am still not quite sure about all that. Because i see for myself how hard it is to "trust" in new concepts. For me for example there is no doubt that bashar is the real deal and knows the truth. But still i am not following the idea of "always following my highest joy"..because i am still afraid that this could bring damage for my carreer...
And when it comes to illness its a whole different thing: to conquer your fears and try something new is not easy..even when you are the "medium of the good news" itself..
The medium still is not the source...thats what we should not forget.
But i didnt like the way esther handled the situation afterwards.but I never was a big fan o abraham hicks.. Is not my "vibe":..The way esther speaks is not a clear sign of a real channeling for me..so thats why i stopped listening to it.

edit on 29-10-2013 by kauskau because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 03:48 AM
link   

yes thats what i also think..

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 03:53 AM
link   

brazenalderpadrescorpio

Could you give a detailed account about that fire and how it related to coordination points?

It's a pretty personal story, but OK why not. I can't sleep and it's good to get it out.

I got zapped by a UFO in May of 2006. Here's my sighting report I submitted to MUFON that ended up all over the internet
www.ufocasebook.com...

The contact set off car arlarms, and sirens from the local fire department. I called about an hour after my experience inquiring about the alarms (mostly just for my mom- to see what they would say) and the dispatcher told me it was a 'system alarm test'. Unhappy with this answer I told by Uncle/boss who owned the local resturant and knew many local firemen. He did some digging, and at my next shift bursted in the kitchen white as a ghost, soooo freaked out about something. Wouldn't really tell me exactly what his firemen friend(s?) told him but he knew I wasn't bs'ing. All he could say was that he believed me. With a wild look in his eye. Well as he shuffled in and out of the kitchen that day I felt a pressure- a literal atmospheric pressure rise when he was near and fall when he left.

Now keep in mind I was zapped by a flying saucer less than a week before this. While my paranoia/schizophrenia was at an all time high, I was super sensitive. And just not right.

He left at the same time my girlfriend pulled up to get me, and I felt a sudden break in the pressure. As he pulled out and she walked up, I almost fainted from the.... idk, reverse-pressure? Then we notice smoke. Like thick, billowing smoke. I had to dig over a foot in liquid mud and leaves to find the source. I'll never forget pulling up that wad of wet leaves and a napkin to see a golfball-sized sphere of ash. It went out as fast as it started.

It's very hard to understand (I don't claim to) but that man and I activated a co-ordination point. I'm too foggy on the book to remember exactly, but I remember something along the lines of...when two related entities(or w/e), both in a certain state of distress, cross paths in the right place (an old "haunted" resturant) at the right time (just before 6/6/6 too) a co-ordination point can be activated. Again, It's been 7 years and I don't think about this stuff every day anymore, but it's there.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 02:02 PM
link   

kauskau

midnightstars

kauskau

brazenalderpadrescorpio

Yes, exactly, Kauskau.

hm i am still not quite sure about all that. Because i see for myself how hard it is to "trust" in new concepts. For me for example there is no doubt that bashar is the real deal and knows the truth. But still i am not following the idea of "always following my highest joy"..because i am still afraid that this could bring damage for my carreer...
And when it comes to illness its a whole different thing: to conquer your fears and try something new is not easy..even when you are the "medium of the good news" itself..
The medium still is not the source...thats what we should not forget.
But i didnt like the way esther handled the situation afterwards.but I never was a big fan o abraham hicks.. Is not my "vibe":..The way esther speaks is not a clear sign of a real channeling for me..so thats why i stopped listening to it.

edit on 29-10-2013 by kauskau because: (no reason given)

Yeah I never had a good feeling about the Hicks stuff. Nothing wrong with making money, but they tried to PATENT the phrase "law of attraction." Come on...!

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 02:24 PM
link   

jeah i also dont linke the price model of darryl anka..but that does not change for me the validity of the source he is channeling.
The channel is a human ...so..he has flaws..

but i get what you are saying

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Here's a related neuroscience article if anyone wants to read it:

Surviving -- then thriving

Multiply that growth to several lifetimes, and you get why Seth did what he did (or didn't do, depending on your perspective).

This article shows that Seth really was ahead of his time, and that science is barely catching on.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Wow, that's a pretty intense and incredible story. Thanks for sharing that.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by brazenalderpadrescorpio

It was my pleasure. Very nice job with this thread.

Every time I try to tell that story I sound like a lunatic. Typing it out I sound a bit more coherent.

I really need to re-read the book and find that specific part. As I remember it's very hard to start- the first half was all uphill. Then I flew through the second half, the work I just put in paying off in the end. I'm really looking forward to getting it back and starting again.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 06:09 PM
link   

I think that you're story is very interesting. I don't think that you should be embarrassed. I think that half the people on this particular forum would have liked to have had an eye-opening experience such as that. You should count yourself as one of the fortunate ones. I personally wouldn't mind seeing a UFO. I've always been curious about them.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 06:14 PM
link   

kauskau

jeah i also dont linke the price model of darryl anka..but that does not change for me the validity of the source he is channeling.
The channel is a human ...so..he has flaws..

but i get what you are saying

I don't mind if people make money. Doctors make incredible sums, as do dentist's and psychologists, and they all give services that help people. But no one ever faults them for that. But it's automatically assumed that if someone is a psychic or a channeler, if they make money, it's JUST for money. That's silly. If someone dedicated their lives full time to something, they will need to charge. I just don't think patenting the law of attraction was very classy, or trying to anyway.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join