It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mason Compass Symbol Baphomet Symbol When Turned Upside Down?

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by VeritasAequitas

I guess you missed the checkered floor discussion. I don't see where anyone denied that duality is an important lesson in masonry. It's just that the symbols we use to teach lessons are important, and if they are described wrong, or are the wrong symbols, then they don't teach the lesson at all.

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 01:05 PM
link   

VeritasAequitas
If Pike who had rewritten the rites, roughly around the time M&D was published, knew these things; wouldn't it be a fair assessment that the quote of his about the square and compass may have some merit whether it is publicly endorsed or not?

And who was Pike's audience? Scottish Rite Masons in the Southern Jurisdiction. His works are rather irrelevant to anyone not fitting that description and his book is not given out to them anymore as well.

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by AugustusMasonicus

However, didn't he write a book for the rites of the Blue Lodge?

/E: Scratch that; it was titled "Morals and Dogma of the First Three Degrees of the Ancient and Accepted Scottish Rite Freemasonry"

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by network dude

Is it a spoken message though in Freemasonry that the symbols only have one lesson to teach, or is that your role as a Mason to find out the other lessons for yourselves?

/E: Also, yes I am familiar with the checkerboard "symbolic of life that is riddled/checkered with good and evil". However, I was more referring to our previous discussion on the compass as square... But this ordeal is getting so deep, I may create an entirely separate thread for you guys to pick apart.
edit on 25-12-2013 by VeritasAequitas because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 12:27 AM
link   

VeritasAequitas
/E: Scratch that; it was titled "Morals and Dogma of the First Three Degrees of the Ancient and Accepted Scottish Rite Freemasonry"

Actually that is not the title. The full title is: "Morals and Dogma of the Ancient and Accepted Scottish Rite of Freemasonry" and which was prepared for and published with the authorization of the Supreme Council of the Thirty Third Degree for the Southern Jurisdiction of the United States.

Also, you should know that there is a difference between the 3-degrees of the Scottish Rite and the 3-degrees from the York Rite, the latter which is primarily practiced in most of the US (minus a few Lodges in the South).

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by KSigMason

I think you may be confused; Albert Pike published two editions of Morals & Dogma.

When I was referencing the 2nd one, on the first three degrees, I was under the impression it was referring to the initial three degrees of Blue Lodge Masonry. However, upon further inspection I realized this was not the case.
edit on 26-12-2013 by VeritasAequitas because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 02:28 AM
link   

VeritasAequitas
I may create an entirely separate thread for you guys to pick apart.

You should. I think it would be an interesting discussion and I would certainly participate.

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 03:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Saurus

I certainly think I shall. Give me a day or so to collect all of my resources on the subject of these symbols we have discussed and I shall get back to you fine gentlemen..

By the way, AM, Ksig, Network and Saurus; my one year period is up for my first denial of my masonic petition. I plan on resubmitting my appeal/petition the first Thursday of January. While you may disagree with my views of Masonry as an outsider, no matter who's ideas they are based on, I still wish to become a Mason, so that I CAN learn directly from the source, rather than my self-studies...

Is it such a crime to love a subject so much, that I can't put it down simply because I have yet to be initiated?
edit on 26-12-2013 by VeritasAequitas because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 05:34 AM
link   

One of the first thing a mason is taught is to subdue his passions. If you want to be a mason, I suggest you start with that.

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 06:14 AM
link   

Bestial passions I can get by. I'm 21 and I've only ever slept with 4 women. You tell me, lol. While that may have been a bit extravagant for an example. You get my point.

However, this desire to understand myself, my fellow man, to learn to be a better person, govern myself with reason and logic while also creativity and intuition. Studying aspects of the Occult/Theosophy invokes that kind of feeling in me.. I belief the information is important to my quest of understanding, and as such I must understand that. I didn't even care much for Masonry until I just 'changed' three years ago..

I wasn't a very popular child in high school, and I was often picked on by a lot of the kids. When I graduated my senior year of Highschool, I weighed in at roughly 245-250 lbs. It kinda brought me down mentally and emotionally during that time. I've learned a lot of life lessons the hard way, growing up. My Mother had abandoned me as a child, and I was raised by my Father; who provided an appropriate living for me as a child, and took tremendous care of me. I would suppose he is partially the reason I am the man I am today. He is probably the smartest man I know; but he did have to sacrifice his time and body in order for me to have the happiness and childhood that he never had.

I always found a refuge in books as a young child and adored reading as much as possible. It was not uncommon for me to be chastised in class for reading off-topic material. My favorite books growing up were Harry Potter; I was completely fascinated by Magick, and often dreamed of such a fantastical world. Getting older, I was still immensely interested in the idea of Magick, just not in the concept of todays terms. We have so many different branches of applicable Magick it is almost silly.

Anyways, when I graduated, something just clicked in my head that I didn't want to be the same version of myself that I hated.. It was almost as if I rebelled against the current state of my being, and moved myself more in line with who I was as a child. I started researching medicine, biochemistry, and nutrition ultimately, under Autodidacticism. Gradually, the more I learned about the body, my beliefs started straying towards spirituality, because up until that time I had considered myself an agnostic. Something about the traditional judeo-christian-islamic concept of God, and stories of the Bible just didn't fit into my head. Eventually, I was studying the system of Hinduism left to us by the (Indo)Aryans. This was when my interest in the 'Third Eye' was renewed, after reading a book as a child by Lois Duncan of the same name. I quickly made the connection between the third eye, and the Pineal gland; seat of the soul, and chamber of dreams.

Which eventually brings me on a crazy ride of synchronicity and weird, automatic, intuitive guesses that turned out true, even though I had no possible way of knowing ahead of time that it would be. They were not conscious thoughts; but subconscious thoughts being automatically expressed. Which raises questions to my opinions of such a thing. Eventually, one day I happened upon an article about Manly P Hall, the Swastika *The true Hindu symbol; not Adolph's abomination*, Duality, and that ultimately the Pineal gland was the point where Heaven and Earth meet.

From that point, I was convinced that Freemasonry was no longer demon-worshipers, but were being demonized both on purpose but also through ignorance of those who believed the disinformation spread to them. Which in context of other information I have learned, led me to believe that there were people behind the scenes pulling the strings like so. I know overall Masonry, does not believe in any particular embodiment of evil, and that man has both the potential to be both good and evil. While this may be true, this does not prevent people from creating a lifetime of evil deeds. Your entire lifestyle and idea of duality must allow logically for the idea that if Freemasonry exists, so much some opposing organization with different motives. I believe these are also people adept at Occultism, however have chosen to bend it to the left-hand path. These are the people I believe the anti-masons have mixed up with you lot, and are also the same people responsible for the current state of corruption in the world. True, all of humanity helped, but in our defense, they lied to them, and out of fear for our safety we believed the authority.

Now three years later, I am down to 170 lbs roughly, and have accumulated probably double the information I ever retained in school; and the most important kind to boot. Well I know you guys didn't ask for nor did you expect all of this lifes story; but I figured it might help you get to know me a bit more before you misjudged me. I may be young, and I may be wrong in some things I believe, but at least I am trying to learn, and learn properly. Expectations aside, I would love to be a Mason, so that I can experience, not theorize, about the Craft, and gain a first-hand idea of what everything is really about. If I believe nothing else, I believe it can do nothing but help me a better person overall, and that's all I'm asking for from it; no illusions of grandeur. The corruption, organized or not, I wish to change, and leave a mark on humanity when I die, so that they continue to push onward for unity, or at least a much better chance...

Thank you all for reading, or not; it's all up to you.....

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 07:28 AM
link   

VeritasAequitas
Bestial passions I can get by.

That is not what he was referring to.

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 08:23 AM
link   

I am happy to learn more about you. I wish more people would take the time to open up. But what I was refering to is your masonic studies. If an investigating commitee comes to talk to you and you tell them all about masonry, or at least what you think masonry is, they will see that you are not ready to learn anything, as you think you have all the answers. You need to approach it as if you know nothing. Then and only then can you learn the things you need to learn THE WAY THEY WERE MEANT TO BE LEARNED.

As I have said before, for esoteric knowledge, you probably know more than most masons you will meet. But, that isn't what masonry is. It's basic. It's raw. It's a building system and the end result is a well rounded member of society. Subdue your passions. At this time, masonry is your passion. Subdue that, understand that you need to learn things in the correct context, and you will have a much better chance of becoming a brother.

Remember, the men who inteview you are the same men who will be spending their free time organizing and practicing the degree work to teach you. So at the very least, do them the favor of letting them teach. I hope you take that the right way.

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by AugustusMasonicus

what if someone does not have the voice to ask for your help?

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by 2WitnessesArrived

G isnt a bamphomet symbol.

it Stands for Goblin and is the 7th letter of the alphabet.
See Heptagram or
Reason they call it the Blue Lodge

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by superluminal11

Um.......no.

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 09:51 AM
link   

LordOfDestruction
what if someone does not have the voice to ask for your help?

I am not following you. Can you better explain your question?

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 11:40 AM
link   

superluminal11

Reason they call it the Blue Lodge

Freemasonry and the Blue Lodge has been around for hundreds of years. Blue Star Wicca, after which you say Blue Lodge Freemasonry has been named, has been around since 1975.

Wouldn't you say that the chronology here makes your theory rather absurd?

Wait - don't answer that...

edit on 26/12/2013 by Saurus because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 12:03 PM
link   
What we teach:

Blue is one of the most beautiful and durable colours in nature. It has been adopted by our ancient Brethren in Masonry as the appropriate colour of the Craft. This colour is an emblem of universal benevolence and friendship, and instructs us that in the mind of a Mason, these should be as expansive as the blue arch of Heaven itself.

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Thank you for the advice... It reminds me of an old adage, somewhere along the lines of feigning ignorance in order to remain meek and humble... I may be a bit off, but that's what it reminds me off.. I believe that was more than likely why my first petition was denied, and this second time around, I will do better to not reveal that I know so much... However, I just don't want the brotherhood to feel as if I had lied to them; which was why during my interview I was completely honest with them.

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 04:36 PM
link   

VeritasAequitas

I believe that was more than likely why my first petition was denied...

Gradually, the more I learned about the body, my beliefs started straying towards spirituality, because up until that time I had considered myself an agnostic.

Do you believe in a Supreme Being?

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15 >>

join