It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Australian PM about to sign controversial and highly secretive agreement this month

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Hi folks,

It came across my attention that the Aussie PM, Tony Abbott is about to sign a free trade agreement with involving a number of countries encircling the Pacific Ring. Scarily there are a number of interesting little by-laws slipped-in including a claus where in certain situations national sovereignty can be superceded. An obscure panel has been set up that has been empowered by the agreement to over-rule certain laws should they impede the will of the architects of this agreement. An example of this is when a canadian legislatibve body tried to shut down frakking for coal and where quietly put back in their box. I want to knwo what madate can a bunch of foreign citizens dictate to one country or another. And also, how can Abbott do this without the backing of the people, surely it must got o referendum due to the sizeable connotations involved. Im not sure if i have it in the right section, but it sure looks like a New World Order rule if I ever seen one. See link below
www.independentaustralia.net...

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Warchief666

Yes, this is the infamous Trans-Pacific Partnership that we've been complaining about for many months: Negotiated in secret, no input from anyone but the owners and masters and those who benefit the most from negating national sovereignty. Here, in the US, we have some congresspeople grousing about not getting a chance to read it because the "current resident of the White House" is rushing it through under emergency rules. There's a Presidential power here that allows him to sign it into law unilaterally—which he says he'll do if they don't pass it.

Leaked copies of some of the documents show some pretty shameful things being put into it. None of which I plan to go into. But I suggest you find and read as much of it as you can. You'll be surprised and extremely angrified, I guarantee it....

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 05:10 AM
link   

What can we do about it? Is there some way to force a referendum in our country? What determines whether an issue is to be decided by referendum or just passed/signed? Does there have to be legislation passed to allow the PM to sign this?

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 05:18 AM
link   

It sounds treasonous!

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 05:32 AM
link   
Unbelievable! I hope more details leak out about this so we know exactly what it entails and the long term effects we are going to be experiencing from this.
From what I've seen, whenever we sign up to these kind of agreements , we always seem to end up the losers.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 05:42 AM
link   

Greetings my friend!

Perhaps you can point us in the right direction as to where the part about superceding a nation's sovereignty is in this paper?

Here's the full text to help you out:

www.ustr.gov...

Thanks in advance!

edit on 16-10-2013 by AlphaHawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 02:34 PM
link   

One who is NOT a globalist in heart and mind, can ever be allowed by the true political 'movers and shakers' in authority behind the scenes to ascend to a high seat in government.

He is just the PR face of an greatly unseen management team. His 'duty' primarily is to sign official forms toward further enslavement until some other appointed puppet comes along willing to do the same in the 'public theater' of choice that has so many fooled for so long.
edit on 16-10-2013 by PrimeLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Thanks for posting this Warchief666 even though it's extremely troubling,

I've heard of the TPP for a while but didn't pay much attention to it until now. Without attacking Tony Abbott's character and going off topic as I do not like him much but recognize he is a puppet and very close to individuals like Rupert Murdoch, I knew voting him in would be a serious mistake. No way I could have fathomed an Australian PM jumping straight on board a disgusting "Partnership" and new set of laws that restrict personal freedoms and has "Investor-State Dispute Settlements"..

Those four words sound very insidious.

I have a suspicion some of these investor-states if internet censorship and coal fracking are involved that they could be corporate entities like News Corp (Murdoch), and Hancock Prospecting Pty Limited owned by Gina Rinehart who also is the majority shareholder of Fairfax Media.

Perhaps the illusion of a "foreign interest" into opening these coal seam fracking sites and implementing a tighter grip on the internet in Australia would appear to be "part of Australia's negotiating position" as said by Abbott proposed by another country in the TPP but is actually coming from Murdoch and Rinehart who definitely have gains to be made if the TPP is successful.

Murdoch and Rinehart are international players anyway due to their already considerable global influence but they are native born Australians. Of course players from these other countries could have their own interests I cannot see how Rinehart and Murdoch would not.

Pure speculation on my behalf but I don't trust them for actions they have taken or things they have said in the past...

(Such as Murdoch's disgusting influence over our elections last month and front page Newspaper cheerleading for Tony Abbott and derogation toward former PM Kevin Rudd which started petitions in Australia in protest against News Corp, and Rinehart's equally distasteful statements about lowering minimum wages and her attitude which shows her thirst for corporate profit and lack of concern about a whole new generation of impoverished Australians)

I'm an Australian and I see an Australian American CEO, Australian mining magnate and even our own elected Australian Prime Minister targeting their own people. Not so much surprised at the CEO and mining magnate but a democratically elected Australian Prime Minister targeting Australian's makes me sick.

I feel slightly vindicated I did note vote for Abbott and the Coalition. Because I have in the past but now only vote not to receive the fine.

I'm not a Labor supporter and reject the two party preferred system here or anywhere. Two party preferred is a farce and Labor could have signed this TPP just as well as the Coalition. Julia Gillard and Kevin Rudd have lied and reneged on promises in the past and had routinely betrayed their own party members so we were not necessarily safe from the TPP under a Labor Government. I think it was going to happen anyway it seems that a lot of momentum and corporate weight is pushing this, domestically and internationally.

Sickening, I hope my speculations are totally wrong.

new topics

top topics

join