It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mellen-Thomas Benedict's NDE Provided Answers, Because He ASKED

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Angelic Resurrection

Is that an incantation of sorts? Clearly you don't comprehend blue blood.
God knows that, I am Saved thru His Grace and wt every Christian
desires is, one and all to be saved, that's not disrupting, is it.

Telling her that her views are worthless is disruptive and childish. Your way of saying "case closed" every time you feel we should stop discussing a train of thought is disruptive and childish. Your contempt for any opinion that doesn't echo yours is disruptive and childish.

If you disagree, explain why or go away.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Is that an incantation of sorts? Clearly you don't comprehend blue blood.
What?

"Blue blood"? You mean 'royalty'? What the hell does that have to do with ANYTHING in this thread?

An "incantation"??? No. It's a direct challenge - to read the material, think about your preconceived ideas/thoughts, and try to find a balance between your zealous convictions and the actual experiences of others who disagree with you.

Why are you here in this thread, AR?

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   

and wt every Christian
desires is, one and all to be saved, that's not disrupting, is it.

Well!!! Then, if that's the case, READING THE NDE as linked in the OP should make you quite pleased!!

He learned that WE ARE ALL SAVED, ALREADY! No 'faith' or anything else dogmatic required.

We are ALL part of the Divine. You seem to think you'll get to 'go to heaven' but I won't (for some obscure reason).

I totally disagree with you, based on my own intuition, instincts, heart, and experience. (And yes, I was raised a Christian. When did YOU become "born again and saved", AR?)

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 03:38 PM
link   

wildtimes

He learned that WE ARE ALL SAVED, ALREADY!

When did YOU become "born again and saved", AR?)

No we are not already saved. What the devil likes you to believe is that we are already saved.
I was Saved sometime ago in the usa, till then I was not Saved

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 03:54 PM
link   

No we are not already saved. What the devil likes you to believe is that we are already saved.
I was Saved sometime ago in the usa, till then I was not Saved

There are those of us who don't have the luxury of blaming basic animal behavior and psychological quirks on imaginary demons.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 07:55 AM
link   

At any level, high or low, in whatever shape you are in, you are the most beautiful creation, you are.

I was astonished to find that there was no evil in any soul.

I said, "How can this be?"

The answer was that no soul was inherently evil. The terrible things that happened to people might make them do evil things, but their souls were not evil. What all people seek, what sustains them, is love, the light told me. What distorts people is a lack of love.

The revelations coming from the light seemed to go on and on, then I asked the light, "Does this mean that humankind will be saved?"

Then, like a trumpet blast with a shower of spiraling lights, the Great Light spoke, saying:

"Remember this and never forget; you save, redeem and heal yourself. You always have. You always will. You were created with the power to do so from before the beginning of the world."

In that instant I realized even more. I realized that WE HAVE ALREADY BEEN SAVED, and we saved ourselves because we were designed to self-correct like the rest of God's universe.
This is what the second coming is about.

That's from the OP.

Yes, we are already saved.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

I agree. An AMA with this guy simply must happen. I mean, saving ourselves? What an outrageously, sacrilegiously awesome idea.

edit on 24-10-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

There's still no response from him after two separate contacts.

If you can find a way to connect with him beyond his email address as given on his site, let me know.

The mods/admins want him to come for an AMA also.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

I will see if I can locate a phone number. You could try that as well.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Read the whole NDE account.

Some things stood out to me. When he says:

If you were a Buddhist or Catholic or Fundamentalist, you get a feedback loop of your own stuff.

... I have to wonder why he would be any different. Perhaps he didnt have a "faith", but thats not what would create a "feedback loop". What would create the "loop" is the individuals subconscious beliefs and desires, and whatever they are most attracted to underneath the surface.

I think this persons subconscious tendencies were/are towards the new agey stuff. Many themes I find present in most new age thinking, such as He uses a lot of new age themes which I see as erroneous and based on limited understanding.

For instance, he says the spirit is going to be found to have substance, and scientists are already starting to do this (lol, where???)... well, if the spirit had substance as in being composed of matter or energy... it wouldnt be spirit then, now would it? It would be a material, physical thing.

He also says the soul is light, in a very matter of fact way. I would disagree, and posit he is misinterpreting ancient wisdom that used the METAPHOR of "light" as representative of the soul.

One of the things that I saw is that we humans are a speck on a planet that is a speck in a galaxy that is a speck. Those are giant systems out there, and we are in sort of an average system. But human beings are already legendary throughout the cosmos of consciousness. The little bitty human being of Earth/Gaia is legendary. One of the things that we are legendary for is dreaming. We are legendary dreamers. In fact, the whole cosmos has been looking for the meaning of life, the meaning of it all. And it was the little dreamer who came up with the best answer ever. We dreamed it up.

I cant take any source seriously when they start getting off onto tangents about how special and amazing humans are. Looking at humanity from a detached perspective, I see no evidence that humanity is special or magnificent in any significant way that is beyond what other lifeforms would or will ever accomplish, as implied by so many. I think that implication can only arise from a deep human hubris, and a separation from the flow of life, not a connection to it.

He also insinuates how animals are less than humans in his extollation of human greatness, which is another thing I think comes from a lack of understand and/or some serious hubris.

Eh... theres more, but... meh. Im just not feelin' this NDE account.

Thanks for posting, though, OP.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 04:15 PM
link   

wildtimes

That's from the OP.

Yes, we are already saved.

That's what the devil ( what Mellen encountered in his/her nde )
likes you to believe and Ya'll are falling for it.
Good luk

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 04:18 PM
link   

That's what the devil ( what Mellen encountered in his/her nde )
likes you to believe and Ya'll are falling for it.
Good luk

Good. I like the devil better anyway. God talks a lot and does a little. The devil apparently talks little and does a lot. So as long as I'm making deals...well, who better to get to the point and get it done?
edit on 25-10-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by CaticusMaximus

I totally understand your reluctance. Yes, I, too found it to be quite "New Agey" - but that in itself doesn't make it "false."

In any case, I appreciate you taking the time to read it through and comment. The part about humans being very special also made me raise my eyebrows, but didn't he also say "humans" are scattered throughout the cosmos? That part seems self-evident to me. I simply can't believe that "we are alone" - and I think what he was getting at (having now listened to an interview with him on C2C) was that "we" humans here on Earth have finally reached a point of evolution that is "behind" other planets' human cultures.

This makes sense to me. I'm about to turn 55, and "New Agey" stuff has been around at LEAST as long as I have...growing up in a college town, I am not surprised in hindsight that I got at LEAST as much "New-Agey" input as I did traditional dogma.

For me, it automatically started the next segment after 1-2 seconds, so I didn't have to click on anything, but I'm not sure if this link will do that part for you. Watch it on youtube to get the full list in sequence if that doesn't happen with this embedded segment, I guess.

It goes into deeper details about the human condition now - not much description of the NDE in it at all, but his 'predictions' or 'knowledge' about what's next for us.

Interesting fellow. Too bad he hasn't got back to us yet about an AMA.

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   

wildtimes

I totally understand your reluctance. Yes, I, too found it to be quite "New Agey" - but that in itself doesn't make it "false."

True... but what gives it any credence over, say, a fundy christians account of an NDE?

The part about humans being very special also made me raise my eyebrows, but didn't he also say "humans" are scattered throughout the cosmos?

Its still coming from a place of division; a place of "we are better [than something else]"

Its an appeal to pride, ego, and hubris, which most people are very prone to giving into. Many new agers mask that with a facade of humility, but its just an illusion cast by the individual to deny their own nature.

Ironically, it just highlights that nature instead of making it go away.

I simply can't believe that "we are alone"

Most certainly not. Just look at all the other life on Earth... humans are obviously not alone.

Humans artificially segregate themselves however, and cast the illusion of being alone.

Humans think they are on the top, and that "its lonely at the top" as the saying goes... but the punchline is, and will be revealed to all someday, that there is no top.

There is no need to look elsewhere in the universe for "intelligent life". Its everywhere, all over, right here.

That said, of course there is additional life on other planets. But why look "out there" when one cannot even accept all thats right here?

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by CaticusMaximus

Its an appeal to pride, ego, and hubris, which most people are very prone to giving into. Many new agers mask that with a facade of humility, but its just an illusion cast by the individual to deny their own nature.

Seems to be the only kind of religion people care about anymore.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 07:52 PM
link   
I apologize for the delay in response.With all respect I believe he had an NDE .However near death experiences are just that.. near death experience not after death life experiences.Death is the absence of life.

No matter how different NDE may be than the physical realm near death experiences are not proof of an after death life.There is no proof nor ever will be of an after death life.It can only be experienced in reality.Proof is fact of something known.NDE in and of themselves are belief.No one can prove they were reality they can only be believed....and that's where the great divide is.

Belief is being provided as the evidence of something that is not known.I'm not saying belief is incorrect just that belief is not fact... knowing.When something is known it no longer needs to be believed.

NDE are for the person that experienced them.There is no direct benefit ''experience"by osmosis.I know it gives some great comfort to some that there "might" be a life after death and that is good because it's the Truth however it is not proof of that Truth.

The downside is... NDE are just another form of religion...a belief by proxy.Then the belief in the experience itself becomes a belief...and on and on into a vicious cycle.... spinning off new beliefs by subjective experiences.Again I am not saying it's incorrect just that it is a" reflection" of the physical realm...everything is by perception.

The reality is everything in the physical realm is perception.Nothing is as it seems.Material objects are 99.9999999% empty space but our perception of them is solid.The uncertainty principle is in action which postulates the more a quantum particle of matter is observed and measured by position the less the velocity can be known and vice versa.In a sense observation (measurement) alters the function of matter. and nothing can be known positively because it is constantly be altered by observation...what is left is belief.

That is just one of the multitude of conundrum of quantum physics.It is as much about philosophy as it is science because the definition of reality is non existent ...we are not equipped to perceive it yet (and may never fully be able).

That's all part of the trip.However we don't get to "create" our own reality though(man does not have a will that is free of cause)..we aren't equipped to do that either.What we are presented with is our "own" perception of a thing called reality which is the great unknown. Mans nature is to believe ....religion.That's their reality.Everything man believes is religion system of their own. However the one thing that religion isn't is "reality" because reality is unknown to belief......and here is where the creator God peeks out of the deep shadows.

Our perception of reality all comes from that all pervading shadow that's being cast by "the reality".The singularity.The One.God is outside of mankind's perception which is the valley of the shadow of death.Mans perception is all through death..the certain inevitable.However again the the reality is not known it is only perceived in the valley of shadows.

Those that experienced near death or are dead are buried in the valley.God is the God of the living not the dead.The dead no longer perceive anything.The meaning of Sheol and Hades is the grave,the realm of the dead the realm of imperception.The realm of the valley of the shadow of death is veiled by imperfect perception..what the scriptures calls sin..missing the mark and falling short of perfection.That is mans nature in the valley.

The fact is the condition mankind is in is unavoidable.Mankind did not fall from perfection they were conceived that way.Just as in the physical realm conception is only the beginning of life.It has many stages (ages) to go through to be mature.All of mankind is growing all in their own way in an infinite process called salvation.

No two lives are the same.Everyone's path of perception of life is different.The falsity of many lives of rebirth/reincarnation to obtain "enlightenment" or ascension etc etc... is false because there is no enlightenment or ascension only growth.Those are perceptions of religion.

I doesn't take much perception to see mankind is under a strong delusion.Religion,conspiracies, etc etc man sees what they want to see.Even people that seem to have common sense believe non sense like spirit beings called angels(or demons depending on how much drama they want) had sex with women and created hybrids...utter foolishness.

Near death experiences are real to those that had them,however they were near death experiences of personal perception not after death life experiences of reality of the Kingdom of God.

edit on 30-10-2013 by Rex282 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 04:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Rex282

Great post.
Yes NDE's are nothing more than hallucinations

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Rex282

With all respect I believe he had an NDE .However near death experiences are just that.. near death experience not after death life experiences.Death is the absence of life.

No matter how different NDE may be than the physical realm near death experiences are not proof of an after death life.There is no proof nor ever will be of an after death life.

He was DEAD. You obviously did not read his account and the verified status of his body. DEAD. Rigor was setting in when his hospice carer found him, and he remained in that state for 90 more minutes. D-E-A-D. Expired. Had ceased to be. An ex-human. Not stunned, not pining or resting. Demised. Was no more. Expired and went to meet his Maker. A stiff. Bereft of life.

You are an eloquent writer, Rex, and have a persuasive, intelligent style. Nevertheless, with all due respect, I believe you have shuttered your mind to the possibilities. We know next to NOTHING about the nature of 'consciousness', and your argument is weak....

there is a huge amount of work being done on the physics of consciousness.

How much of it have you studied with an open mind? You saying "there is no proof nor ever will be" is ridiculous. There is more and more evidence being accumulated on a daily basis, by DOZENS of researchers, scientists, and academicians.

I suggest you spend a bit of time looking into the field.

Chris Carter's book Science and the Near Death Experience is just ONE example, and was very recently published.

Predating all organized religion, the belief in an afterlife is fundamental to the human experience and dates back at least to the Neanderthals. By the mid-19th century, however, spurred by the progress of science, many people began to question the existence of an afterlife, and the doctrine of materialism--which believes that consciousness is a creation of the brain--began to spread. Now, using scientific evidence, Chris Carter challenges materialist arguments against consciousness surviving death and shows how near-death experiences (NDEs) may truly provide a glimpse of an awaiting afterlife.

• Explains why near-death experiences (NDEs) offer evidence of an afterlife and discredits the psychological and physiological explanations for them

• Challenges materialist arguments against consciousness surviving death

• Examines ancient and modern accounts of NDEs from around the world, including China, India, and many from tribal societies such as the Native American and the Maori

Using evidence from scientific studies, quantum mechanics, and consciousness research, Carter reveals how consciousness does not depend on the brain and may, in fact, survive the death of our bodies. Examining ancient and modern accounts of NDEs from around the world, including China, India, and tribal societies such as the Native American and the Maori, he explains how NDEs provide evidence of consciousness surviving the death of our bodies. He looks at the many psychological and physiological explanations for NDEs raised by skeptics--such as stress, birth memories, or oxygen starvation--and clearly shows why each of them fails to truly explain the NDE. Exploring the similarities between NDEs and visions experienced during actual death and the intersection of physics and consciousness, Carter uncovers the truth about mind, matter, and life after death.

Perhaps you're a fan of James Randi and other pseudo-skeptics, or just not interested in keeping up? Like those who cling to outdated religions and won't be budged? I'm not religious, but I believe there is evidence of consciousness surviving death. And proof is with us NOW.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 09:10 AM
link   

No. They are not. They are WAY more than "hallucinations." Sheesh you folks need to get with the 21st century!!

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 09:33 AM
link   

wildtimes

No. They are not. They are WAY more than "hallucinations." Sheesh you folks need to get with the 21st century!!

Surely, wildtimes, you could allow some medieval thinking?!

He he...

Å99

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join