It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mellen-Thomas Benedict's NDE Provided Answers, Because He ASKED

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by akushla99

Actually, I was just watching the Secret Tibetan Book of the Dead docu (History Channel) -
which I've read before.

It describes what happens at death, and is a 'how-to' manual for the deceased that is read aloud for 7 weeks after death.

It matches up with how NDEs are described, and was written down in the 8th century, based on the teachings of Padmasambhava 1200 years after Buddha.

Bardo Thodol: the book of liberation upon hearing in the afterlife.

It was so powerful that Padmasambhava decided the Tibetans weren't ready for the info, and made it secret. 600 years later, it was rediscovered. But it remained a secret to the West until 1919, when Evans-Wentz went there and translated it.

Death is followed by Three stages (bardos):
A) White light

B) Peaceful Deities (but you have to stay centered and not 'be enticed' by the soft voices; the purpose is to be enlightened OUT of the cycle) and Wrathful Deities (if one does not successfully resist the peaceful ones) including "Death."

C) Rebirth conception (seeing couples copulating, and choosing the next parents).

These aren't "new" ideas, but you know that

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 10:39 AM
link   

wildtimes

Actually, I was just watching the Secret Tibetan Book of the Dead docu (History Channel) -
which I've read before.

It describes what happens at death, and is a 'how-to' manual for the deceased that is read aloud for 7 weeks after death.

It matches up with how NDEs are described, and was written down in the 8th century, based on the teachings of Padmasambhava 1200 years after Buddha.

Bardo Thodol: the book of liberation upon hearing in the afterlife.

It was so powerful that Padmasambhava decided the Tibetans weren't ready for the info, and made it secret. 600 years later, it was rediscovered. But it remained a secret to the West until 1919, when Evans-Wentz went there and translated it.

Death is followed by Three stages (bardos):
A) White light

B) Peaceful Deities (but you have to stay centered and not 'be enticed' by the soft voices; the purpose is to be enlightened OUT of the cycle) and Wrathful Deities (if one does not successfully resist the peaceful ones) including "Death."

C) Rebirth conception (seeing couples copulating, and choosing the next parents).

These aren't "new" ideas, but you know that

Bardo Thodol is one of my goto books wildtimes...knew you'd be familiar with it, and others...

As a tour-expose, it's unmatched...as a study in psychology, it's ahead of its time (or timeless)...

Å99

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Bardo Thodol is one of my goto books wildtimes...knew you'd be familiar with it, and others...

As a tour-expose, it's unmatched...as a study in psychology, it's ahead of its time (or timeless)...

Very well spoken, A99.

It ties SO MUCH together. I found it fascinating reading...and certainly stimulating information.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

The part with the deities makes no sense. Who are they? Why are they there? What's the point of resisting them? Why are they divided in such a manner? What's the object of their conflict, and how does it reflect your disposition? That part is thoroughly unexplained.

Maybe it's the book...or maybe it's the messenger. Hint hint.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

The Tibetan Book of the Dead is available online, for free. Did you watch the vid?

It talked about how cultural 'imprinting' of deities (there are BUNCHES of them in Indian thought) will be those represented in one's experience. That's why (to my understanding) people of ANY religious indoctrination will tend to see the "figures" they were taught about.

Christians see "Jesus" or "Satan", the Tibetans see other deities....but the experience is pretty much the same.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   

akushla99

wildtimes
reply to post by Angelic Resurrection

Yes NDE's are nothing more than hallucinations

No. They are not. They are WAY more than "hallucinations." Sheesh you folks need to get with the 21st century!!

Surely, wildtimes, you could allow some medieval thinking?!

He he...

Å99

No she is genuinely lost and needs some serious counseling
from a Christian minister

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 02:51 PM
link   

AfterInfinity
reply to post by wildtimes

The part with the deities makes no sense. Who are they? Why are they there? What's the point of resisting them? Why are they divided in such a manner? What's the object of their conflict, and how does it reflect your disposition? That part is thoroughly unexplained.

Maybe it's the book...or maybe it's the messenger. Hint hint.

Taking into account the uncountable populations of historical past, coupled with the zillions on zillions on zillions of thought forms created on a daily basis, and including the capacity for 'concretised' thoughtforms to have taken hold in thoughtform locales when the cruxus-point of accumulated similar thought is internally formed...deities, or thoughtform expressions will, and have, been 'created'...thier division relates to attachment to the thoughts that created them...Witness the xtians (let alone consider what hell-worlds are formed by thier thought) telling you of a place they have never been to...witness others who say they went and saw the devil, satan, hellfire, brimstone...and come back to tell you its all true...well, it is, because the zillions upon zillions upon zillions of like minded units throughout history have created it...that's not a surprise...it is our birthright...to create. What you create is another story, and however you choose to excuse your own folly in not understanding this (not you, everyone, obviously) is sour chips...but we told you so...you just twisted it to mean something else...

Bardo thoughtforms dissolve before your eyes when they are not given thier sustenance (thought)...Bardo Thodol is an instructional manual to be read to the dying person to keep this in mind, so that the journey is as smooth as possible though the 'lower' frequencies that hold these thoughtforms...

Å99

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Angelic Resurrection

akushla99

wildtimes

No. They are not. They are WAY more than "hallucinations." Sheesh you folks need to get with the 21st century!!

He he...

Å99

But AR, you're not admitting to medieval thought, are you?

Å99

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 04:38 PM
link   

akushla99

Angelic Resurrection

akushla99

wildtimes

He he...

Å99

But AR, you're not admitting to medieval thought, are you?

Å99

A medivial thought which is the truth and can correct a 21st century
misconception about an NDE or ADE is of utmost essence.
To answer your ques, sure I admit to it, and if that makes you happy,
pl be my guest
God Bless

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 10:27 AM
link   

LOL!!! Oi, just the suggestion makes me lol!! Yeah.

Erm.......

No. Thank you. Been there, done that, gave the T-shirt back for redistribution.
I'm not "lost". And I am a trained 'counselor', though thankfully not one brainwashed in an exclusive, judgmental bunch of dogma (that you claim you haven't even questioned).

I think you are genuinely a troll. So there.

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   

wildtimes

LOL!!! Oi, just the suggestion makes me lol!! Yeah.

Erm.......

No. Thank you. Been there, done that, gave the T-shirt back for redistribution.
I'm not "lost". And I am a trained 'counselor', though thankfully not one brainwashed in an exclusive, judgmental bunch of dogma (that you claim you haven't even questioned).

A case in point. Here I am trying to Evangelise you, and you are
hell bent upon burrowing yourself deeper into your rabbit hole.
Pull yourself together my good girl counselor, b4 you cross the
point of no return.
Make no mistake, hell is a very real place.

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Here I am trying to Evangelise you, and you are
hell bent upon burrowing yourself deeper into your rabbit hole.

Here you are, trying to Evangelize me, yes. It isn't working.

Please stop it. And stop telling others they are "led by Satan" and "headed for hell."

You might be interested in reading the new thread on Understanding Religious Opposition
to get a feel for what I'm talking about.

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Let's try to keep the comments topically focused, Please.

Mellen-Thomas Benedict's NDE Provided Answers, Because He ASKED

thanks.

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   
While it's a good story with a good message, I can't help but feel this NDE shoots itself in the foot. It draws attention to the unreliability of NDEs even as it tries to validate itself.

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join