It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yellowstone Supervolcano Alert: The Most Dangerous Volcano In America Is Roaring To Life

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 06:47 AM
link   
OK this does not look good! I just hope they just making a big deal out of routine swarms.
but then again?

Right now, the ground underneath Yellowstone National Park is rising at a record rate. In fact, it is rising at the rate of about three inches per year. The reason why this is such a concern is because underneath the park sits the Yellowstone supervolcano – the largest volcano in North America. Scientists tell us that it is inevitable that it will erupt again one day, and when it does the devastation will be almost unimaginable. A full-blown eruption of the Yellowstone supervolcano would dump a 10 foot deep layer of volcanic ash up to 1,000 miles away, and it would render much of the United States uninhabitable. When most Americans think of Yellowstone, they tend to conjure up images of Yogi Bear and “Old Faithful”, but the truth is that sleeping underneath Yellowstone is a volcanic beast that could destroy our nation in a single day and now that beast is starting to wake up.

Until recently, Bob Smith had never witnessed two simultaneous earthquake swarms in his 53 years of monitoring seismic activity in and around the Yellowstone Caldera.

Now, Smith, a University of Utah geophysics professor, has seen three swarms at once.

www.activistpost.com...

govtslaves.info...

revolutionradio.org...

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 06:52 AM
link   
reply to post by nighthawk1954

Ok everybody out its gonna blow!!!

Not you congress!

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 06:53 AM
link   
I'm never too concerned about anything where the primary source appears to be the Daily Mail...

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Painterz
I'm never too concerned about anything where the primary source appears to be the Daily Mail...

Google it many sources pop up.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 06:56 AM
link   
Are there any emergency evac plans in place?

I mean, wth would people be able to do to save themselves if it did go up?

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 06:58 AM
link   
The alert levels are still normal on USGS but would the truth really be told if it is a lot worse than it seems?

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 06:59 AM
link   
There isn't a whole lot of use in running if it does roar back to life sadly. I hope like hades that it isn't working it's way up to blowing. Catastrophic would not even begin to cover the devastation. If we look at it logically, then it could go at any time. We have never seen an eruption and it may just be time for one. It is bound to happen at some point.

The "doomer" in me reads this, sees all the meteors, and reads about Ison, then wonders if maybe that is why government has conveniently decided to shut down. Then the reasonable part of me says that is ludicrous.

At least the immediate area should be pretty empty because of the shut down. Silver lining?
edit on 10/3/2013 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 07:00 AM
link   
I wouldn't worry, its probably just upset everyone's ignoring him. He doesn't know congress shut down the parks so its not like we don't care about him. He just doesn't know it so hes making a fuss.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 07:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Hydrawolf

I've been watching USGS a bit over the last few days and recently they've had a pop up message saying that government shutdown means that updates might be delayed, if they happen at all. Now it's on their front page.

USGS

How convenient.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 07:06 AM
link   

MysterX

Evacuation plans for 300,000,000+ people? Yeah, right.

What would people be able to do. Pretty much Nada.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 07:08 AM
link   

MysterX

I believe no place in the U.S. would be safe!

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 07:08 AM
link   
When Puterman or Muzzy start a thread with this kind of title, then I'll take notice.

Not a dig at you OP....a dig at the MSN.
Anyways, if she blows, at least I'll get a 12-24hr heads up.
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 07:10 AM
link   
reply to post by MysterX

You will have to ask the dinosaurs what they did to survive, oh wait...

+11 more 
posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 07:11 AM
link   
It cant. They closed the national parks so the power to the volcano has been cut. The fed diverted those funds to the essentials like the sun rising and the rain falling.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 07:16 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Is there a reason this is doing the rounds now?

They all take the Daily Mail story as a source, which if you look at it says

Is the world's largest super-volcano set to erupt for the first time in 600,000 years, wiping out two-thirds of the U.S.?
By DANIEL BATES
UPDATED: 12:16, 25 January 2011

2 years ago.

Why is this news now?

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Hmmm. Over a thousand miles away to be safe. I guess I am safe from the volcano but not from all the people that will overrun this area and start taking over everyone's lives. As long as people from DC don't come here and take over it won't be bad. All the Bigfoots are going to need to relocate also, they can move here.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 07:19 AM
link   
reply to post by khimbar

Obviously it's to set the stage for a supervolcano false flag.

Or PR for a supervolcano themed Syfy movie this weekend.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 07:19 AM
link   

incoserv

MysterX

Evacuation plans for 300,000,000+ people? Yeah, right.

What would people be able to do. Pretty much Nada.

When you put it like that, it's clear an evac is deffo out.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Well if it does go up we're in for one cold winter, good thing my wife just finished making me new winter gloves.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 07:24 AM
link   

thisguyrighthere
reply to post by khimbar

Obviously it's to set the stage for a supervolcano false flag.

Or PR for a supervolcano themed Syfy movie this weekend.

Why the hell did it reply to you, not the OP? Gah, this new ATS blows. And sucks.

Anyway, that's clearly it. Syfy movie coming up.

We've had Sharknado. We've had Sharktopus. Clearly it's now time for Volcanadosharktopusapocalypse.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join