It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yellowstone Supervolcano Alert: The Most Dangerous Volcano In America Is Roaring To Life

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 07:34 AM
link   

khimbar

thisguyrighthere
reply to post by khimbar

Obviously it's to set the stage for a supervolcano false flag.

Or PR for a supervolcano themed Syfy movie this weekend.

Why the hell did it reply to you, not the OP? Gah, this new ATS blows. And sucks.

Anyway, that's clearly it. Syfy movie coming up.

We've had Sharknado. We've had Sharktopus. Clearly it's now time for Volcanadosharktopusapocalypse.

Volcanadosharktopusapocalypsenow

edit on 3-10-2013 by Dumbass because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 07:34 AM
link   

angelchemuel
When Puterman or Muzzy start a thread with this kind of title, then I'll take notice.

Not a dig at you OP....a dig at the MSN.
Anyways, if she blows, at least I'll get a 12-24hr heads up.
Rainbows
Jane

I have to agree. There are some people here that are very knowledgeable about earthquakes and volcanoes. I believe the time where you truly need to be concerned is if the earthquakes in that area get shallower, that means that magma is moving up in the crust. Even so I think we've seen that behavior before and then it just stop with no other consequences.

Worth keeping an eye, but don't get wigged out about it.

True American started a thread a few weeks ago about the swarms in this area. You may want to check it
out.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 08:03 AM
link   
I think we should all inject a little bit of common sense here, to be honest. Yellowstone has an active magma chamber underneath it, therefore a volcanic eruption at some point is inevitable.

However, as with all supervolcanoes, the actual chances of there being a super volcanic eruption are extremely slim.

Interesting? Highly. Anything to worry about? No, definitely not.......at this stage.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by nighthawk1954

I think Congress should reconvene at Yellowstone. Preferably on top of a hot spring.

One does have to wonder what is going on down there. The geologists claim to know, but in reality they're just guessing like the rest of us.

Whatever happened to that lava dome under the lake?

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 09:03 AM
link   

khimbar

thisguyrighthere
reply to post by khimbar

Obviously it's to set the stage for a supervolcano false flag.

Or PR for a supervolcano themed Syfy movie this weekend.

Why the hell did it reply to you, not the OP? Gah, this new ATS blows. And sucks.

Anyway, that's clearly it. Syfy movie coming up.

We've had Sharknado. We've had Sharktopus. Clearly it's now time for Volcanadosharktopusapocalypse.

Better yet COMET Volcanosharktopusonadoquake!
Yeah!!!
edit on 3-10-2013 by the owlbear because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Hydrawolf

The alert levels are still normal on USGS but would the truth really be told if it is a lot worse than it seems?

Ever seen 2012? Their main priority is all "persons of interest". In other words, people who will prove a valuable contribution to the future of this nation. Oh, and people who have the right money and connections.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 09:15 AM
link   
I don't know how many people listen to regular A.M. radio these days, but they have been running a lot of disaster readiness commercials. Over the past three weeks they have been running commercials advising people to have atleast 2 weeks of food and water on hand etc.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Painterz
I'm never too concerned about anything where the primary source appears to be the Daily Mail...

You know that is not really fair, because many times they have the best breaking news, but I understand your point, always look for the links they provide to the source.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Hydrawolf
The alert levels are still normal on USGS but would the truth really be told if it is a lot worse than it seems?

Something about Fukushima and governments telle me no.

I live in Alberta, land of the dinosaurs at one time. I wonder if that volcanos last eruption sent the dinosaurs to the grave (freezing - smokescreen the suns heat - ice age?) or pushed them to the rockies? I live near Banff, Alberta, which is the entrance to the rockies.

If this sh*t blows, it will be a "pack up and head for the mountains" scenario lol.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Silicis n Volvo

Seems to me the traitorous congress critters owe it to the country . . .

to be stationed every so many yards around the critical areas to monitor the situation with their eyeballs directly . . . for the good of their constituents . . .

those people they long forgot.

If anything untoward happened to them, we could promise them a nice bronze plaque in some out of the way side canyon somewhere.

Besides . . . they certainly are the furthest things from virgins . . . but who knows . . . perhaps the volcano would accept their numbers in lieu of their lack of virginity?

/sarc . . . tragedy needs humor . . .

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 10:04 AM
link   

TamtammyMacx
I don't know how many people listen to regular A.M. radio these days, but they have been running a lot of disaster readiness commercials. Over the past three weeks they have been running commercials advising people to have atleast 2 weeks of food and water on hand etc.

I think you are absolutely correct.

Where--what region?

Hmmmmm . . . cue Dragnet theme.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Restricted

Agreed . . . convene Congress on top of a hot spot . . . however . . . given all their inherent hot air . . . I wonder if critical mass would occur.

They are certainly traitorous and duplicitous and likely more ignorant than a Yellowstone bear.

And their excuses are longer than one can see the end of.

Perhaps positioning them around Old Faithful at close range would give them a clue as to how all wet we see them as.

At least we could call attention to the seriousness of the situation.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Yeah, I'm very glad my parents took us to see Yellowstone (I especially was impressed by the sulfur pits boiling; I remember being scared because we had to walk on a rock pathway through them - but memory is a fickle thing - still, I've always liked the smell of sulfur)

We went when I was about 10, I think...perhaps a bit younger.

My brother lives in Billings, so he'd be a goner for sure (except that he drives like a bat out of hell; which might do him some service...who knows?)

I just checked distance to my home from West Yellowstone: only 931 miles.

How fast would the ash fall 931 miles away? I could bug out to my inlaws...that's outside the 1,000-mile radius...

Could I drive for one hour as soon as she blows and be in the clear? I mean, how much time would we have at this distance to get out of the way??

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Translation: no one who visits this site frequently.
second line

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Stormdancer777

Painterz
I'm never too concerned about anything where the primary source appears to be the Daily Mail...

You know that is not really fair, because many times they have the best breaking news, but I understand your point, always look for the links they provide to the source.

Which in this case links to a Daily Mail story from 2011... Making the basis of the web article even worse.

The Daily Mail though, they gave up any right they had to be referred to as a reliable source many years ago. They just make stuff up.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   

thisguyrighthere
It cant. They closed the national parks so the power to the volcano has been cut. The fed diverted those funds to the essentials like the sun rising and the rain falling.

Here is a link to an article from earlier this year about how federal budget cuts affected some of the thermal features of Yellowstone Park.

Your insight into the real story is top notch

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by nighthawk1954

I wouldn't worry about the super volcano, as I'm sure that the feds have erected barricades around it to prevent anything from getting in or out of it.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 04:30 PM
link   

nighthawk1954

When most Americans think of Yellowstone, they tend to conjure up images of Yogi Bear and “Old Faithful

I think they were mistaking Yellowstone for Jellystone

edit on 4-10-2013 by Hendrick99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by MysterX

mexico.....

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Well my Brother's still there. if you listen real hard, He's the guy banging on the Lodge's water pipes and heating system parts. The boilers have to remain operating or else it would be catastrophic. If you run into Him (he looks like Phil Collins) tell him Hi and his brother said to give him a call.. His name's Ron, but I call him 'Mingo'

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join