It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yellowstone Supervolcano Alert: The Most Dangerous Volcano In America Is Roaring To Life

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 03:32 AM
link   

Arnie123
Fake or not.
We as a species, for the first time on this planet, has the ability to know before hand of an impending super volcano...With this knowledge, can prepare accordingly with the necessary steps and measures to reduce human casualties, prevent wide spread disaster and divert and deflect the flow of magma towards the ocean.

There's nothing wrong with being optimistic, but no we cannot predict an erruption by studying the behaviour of a volcano. Also, we cannot 'prepare accordingly' as the gov't will have to recommend that an enormous chunk of the United States deserts their homes immediately, just encase it bursts anytime within the next 100 years. It's isn't going to happen.

Divert the flow of magma towards the ocean? You have been watching too many (straight to dvd release) films.

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 03:44 AM
link   
reply to post by nighthawk1954

Impending Pleiadian Invasion.

I think i warned about this.
A volcano smoking, Followed by aliens showing up en mass.

And finnally. The grand finally.

The invasion which picks up every child and leave all the adults to face the horrors of the mountains.

All i can say is, Its only a matter of time till the prophecy is fullfilled.

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 03:48 AM
link   

incoserv

MysterX
Are there any emergency evac plans in place?

I mean, wth would people be able to do to save themselves if it did go up?

Evacuation plans for 300,000,000+ people? Yeah, right.

What would people be able to do. Pretty much Nada.

The USA govt. should start to make friends all over the world. Mexico on top of that list..

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 05:41 AM
link   

nighthawk1954
OK this does not look good! I just hope they just making a big deal out of routine swarms.
but then again?

Right now, the ground underneath Yellowstone National Park is rising at a record rate. In fact, it is rising at the rate of about three inches per year. The reason why this is such a concern is because underneath the park sits the Yellowstone supervolcano – the largest volcano in North America. Scientists tell us that it is inevitable that it will erupt again one day, and when it does the devastation will be almost unimaginable. A full-blown eruption of the Yellowstone supervolcano would dump a 10 foot deep layer of volcanic ash up to 1,000 miles away, and it would render much of the United States uninhabitable. When most Americans think of Yellowstone, they tend to conjure up images of Yogi Bear and “Old Faithful”, but the truth is that sleeping underneath Yellowstone is a volcanic beast that could destroy our nation in a single day and now that beast is starting to wake up.

Until recently, Bob Smith had never witnessed two simultaneous earthquake swarms in his 53 years of monitoring seismic activity in and around the Yellowstone Caldera.

Now, Smith, a University of Utah geophysics professor, has seen three swarms at once.

www.activistpost.com...

govtslaves.info...

revolutionradio.org...

when the pressure of something goes up you turn a valve to relieve the pressure.just like in a steam train.

why not rill a 100 holes in yellowstone and relieve the pressure using valves.

just stick in some oil pipelines with valves after drilling 100 holes at various points.this will reduce the pressure and stop it blowing.

also use the output of those oil pipelines with valves to drive steam generators which will be at very high pressure and very hot as to drive electric generators.

geothermal energy.

you can even use the output melted lava to do 3d printing of houses for the homeless or to make giant buildings and a giant walls to use against mexico and canadian border infiltrators.
simple solution to a simple problem.

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 05:45 AM
link   

Silicis n Volvo

Ok everybody out its gonna blow!!!

Not you congress!

But congress is out, aren't they - due to the shutdown. Makes you wonder - if it were (god forbid) to blow, then the shutdown timing is mighty convenient. I wonder where exactly much of congress are spending this impromptu holiday? Nowhere near Yellowstone, perhaps?

edit on 5-10-2013 by McGinty because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 05:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Painterz

Yep and from 2011 so not exactly bang up to date.

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 05:48 AM
link   
reply to post by beckybecky

Exactly, what Canadian infiltrators?
I think very few Canadians enter the US illegally.

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 09:24 AM
link   

angryhulk

Arnie123
Fake or not.
We as a species, for the first time on this planet, has the ability to know before hand of an impending super volcano...With this knowledge, can prepare accordingly with the necessary steps and measures to reduce human casualties, prevent wide spread disaster and divert and deflect the flow of magma towards the ocean.

There's nothing wrong with being optimistic, but no we cannot predict an erruption by studying the behaviour of a volcano. Also, we cannot 'prepare accordingly' as the gov't will have to recommend that an enormous chunk of the United States deserts their homes immediately, just encase it bursts anytime within the next 100 years. It's isn't going to happen.

Divert the flow of magma towards the ocean? You have been watching too many (straight to dvd release) films.

--
Sure, I do watch a lot of movies, that is were a lot of my inspiration comes from.

What your saying is that diverting the flow of lava is IMPOSSIBLE? because it's in the movies that man can't do it?

I put more faith in the human race, you should too. We can DAM whole rivers, Create Canals in panama, Fly into space, yet you don't think that diverting the flow of magma is something that we can't do?
Will it be easy? no. Can we succeed? I don't see why not. This is a challenge and humans are remarkable when it comes to challenges.

You sir haven't seen enough movies. Have some faith.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 02:03 AM
link   
reply to post by beckybecky

Your idea to drill holes to release pressure sounds good but it's risky with a dormant volcano so I wouldn't recommend it with a super giant that is already releasing its own gasses adequately. The geisers in California is an example of an attempt to utilize the earth for geothermal power. It creates earthquakes and has too many unknowns.

Here is one near Bend Oregon they have drilled into - wanting to make it into a power plant. Who would have thought? Lets drill into a huge volcanic compex that erupted just 1300 years ago. Forget buying up all the railroads - buy a volcano and get rich. Oh wait - the government owns them all so they can do what they like with them.

www.forbes.com...

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 04:03 AM
link   
One thing is certain. Yellowstone is overdue to blow her top off. She is a sleeping giant and is now beginning to awaken from her slumber. However it is not just the USA that will be badly affected if Yellowstone does blow up. The fallout will hit ALL of us around the world. The smoke and ash will block the sun or cause global dimming. Worldwide crops will be badly hit leading to food shortages for many. Oh and forget about air travel for several months to the USA and back again as that would be too dangerous due to the ash. But one could take a boat though.

I cant but help think two things. One is that Mother Nature is hitting back at humanity's arrogant and wanton destruction of the environment. If Yellowstone blows then expect massive deaths and the shutting down of a leading industrial nation. Two, although I know it would be a natural event, I cant help but think it would be some kind of divine retribution to the way USA has behaved since the 1960s. Payback as it were. But I fully appreciate that in reality this is a natural event and Yellowstone knows no borders, politics or anything else. Hopefully we will only see a limited eruption. Perhaps like St Helena or Mt Etna. Fingers crossed.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Wirral Bagpuss

It is my understanding that there isn't enough history to really know if yellowstone is overdue since we only know of they last couple of eruptions. We would need more - 760,000 years ten times in a row and now it's been a million as an example.

I would agree though - if it were to build more pressure than able to release it would be a mess. But there are lots of other volcanoes that can change our climate and throw us into a volcanic winter. Maybe even one not classified as a super volcanoe at this time.

When looking at what is normal (or average) we can only know this from our of frame of reference. For example, in the 1990's Long Valley caldera had lots of swarms...then trees began dying. It is now said (paraphrased) - 'another swarm, that's normal....a 3.8 - that's not uncommon.' Has this volcano always gone through these swarms, uplift similar to yellowstone, and then decline - as if taking a breath? No one really knows if this is normal but it's normal from our perspective - based on the history we have on it.

When we have an eruption along with a ton of data of what it was doing before the eruption (ideally between 2 eruptions) we will know what is truly normal or abnormal. Until then it is all guesswork - with a lot of science thrown in about what is known about volcanoes, the earth, and so forth. It could do this another million years - or we will find out a few decades before an eruption this is what these things do.

It is reasonable to assume super volcanoes have never been still, and maybe this is even a quiet period for them in the sceme of things. With yellowstone there are reports of native american's hearing groaning. Or it could be that it has been building pressure for the last couple thousand years and did not have these hotspots until then. Seeing more pop up the past few years has definitely been an eye opener.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Arnie123

angryhulk

Arnie123
Fake or not.

--
Sure, I do watch a lot of movies, that is were a lot of my inspiration comes from.

What your saying is that diverting the flow of lava is IMPOSSIBLE? because it's in the movies that man can't do it?

I put more faith in the human race, you should too. We can DAM whole rivers, Create Canals in panama, Fly into space, yet you don't think that diverting the flow of magma is something that we can't do?
Will it be easy? no. Can we succeed? I don't see why not. This is a challenge and humans are remarkable when it comes to challenges.

Forming canals
is different to controlling the direction of hundreds, maybe thousands of lava flows simultaneously.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 01:08 PM
link   

All you would have to do to see if Yellowstone is truly going active
is watch Washington DC.

They would pour out of there like rats jumping of a sinking ship.

So untill you see TPTB desert Washington... you can be sure that Yellowstone is not going to blow!

edit on 7-10-2013 by rigel4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 02:13 PM
link   

--

Maybe divert it into Yellowstone lake maybe, but to divert it into the ocean? I don't think you realize how far the Pacific is from Yellowstone park. I'm not saying it can't be done, it can, but it would take up a lot of resources and man power and lots and lots of capital! All for a volcanoe that may or may not erupt. Plus who is to say we know where exactly the lava will come from. It could erupt anywhere!

-BmwSauber

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 11:31 AM
link   

BmwSauber

--

Maybe divert it into Yellowstone lake maybe, but to divert it into the ocean? I don't think you realize how far the Pacific is from Yellowstone park. I'm not saying it can't be done, it can, but it would take up a lot of resources and man power and lots and lots of capital! All for a volcanoe that may or may not erupt. Plus who is to say we know where exactly the lava will come from. It could erupt anywhere!

-BmwSauber

--
Your absolutely right! my whole point after all was to DIVERT the flow of magma, the ocean was the first thing to pop up into my head.

Your post makes me happy that there are people who believe in the human race, being able to achieve the impossible.
good hunting, Star.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Yellowstone will soon erupt, and coincidentally the government and its important leaders have conveniently shut down. Do you ever feel like the gov shut down is actually them fleeing to their bunkers and doing so in a fashion that does not disturb the public of what is really about to happen?

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 11:41 AM
link   

angryhulk

Arnie123

angryhulk

Arnie123
Fake or not.

--

Forming canals
is different to controlling the direction of hundreds, maybe thousands of lava flows simultaneously.

--
Okay, so then what would your proposal be? unless you feel that their is no hope, then we all just sit there and die? yeah okay.

You might respond to this and say, just leave and run, BUT you fail to realize that if this POPS, its right in America's breadbasket. The whole point is to save as much as possible.

I'll be damned if some guy from the Scott's would take our plight with such ease and laugh at human intervention. What happened to your peoples up there? lost your humanity and ingenuity? Whatever it is, love a little more.
I have a 5 month old daughter and the MAN in me would move worlds to ensure she is safe....including a VOLCANOE.

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 08:58 AM
link   
no point in trying divert lava as it will find another way to go as it has when tried in real life nature isn't gonna be diverted or change by humans volcanoes here so get over it 60% of humans live near volcanoes or other dangerous places so don't whine humans are parasites that need its population lowering by 3/4

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Mauna Loa Volcano on Hawaii has diversion channels and has had for many years.
They seem to be working.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join