It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will you get Obamacare, YES or NO?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Nope. Throw me in jail if you don't like it. The people have "red lines" too.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Tinkerpeach
Its far more cheaper for me to pay out of pocket for the rare occasions I need to go and pay the fine then the costs of the healthcare.

So no, I won't be getting it. If I get sick with a disease I will sign up for it then.

Why spend the money now if I don't have to?

The exact argument that many made. If you exclude the "pre-existing" condition notion and force insurers to pick you up, why not just wait until you have said condition? Continue the out of pocket expenses (since it isn't that hard to find a doctor to work as a cash-only patient; it is cheaper for them) and when you get sick, you sign up!

Novel and yet naive....

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 09:19 PM
link   

NthOther
Nope. Throw me in jail if you don't like it. The people have "red lines" too.

No jail time, just a reduction in your "refund" come April....

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 09:22 PM
link   
No ObamaCull I mean ObamaCill for me.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 09:24 PM
link   
I would if my congressmen were forced to do the same.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by apoc36

I recieved a letter in the mail a few days ago from VA it said as a veteran I am coverd where I do not need to purchase anything further. So no. BTW I like the VA here.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Magister1
I would if my congressmen were forced to do the same.

The aristocracy is exempt. Naturally.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 09:36 PM
link   
MY husband and I are already on Government subsidized health care because my husband is a retire marine.

Still he can be exempted from the insurance we have now because he qualify for the Veterans administration, but I will have to stay on Humana.

We are still looking at the options as our insurance went up last year and about to have another increase soon if congress get away with it.

People that can not qualify for Obamacare can try to get into Medicaid if their state is expanding the insurance, I believe that is a better option that no option at all.

The only way that Obamacare will fail is if not enough healthy and young able people in the working class opt out and pay fines, then the government will not be able to fill the quota needed to keep the program going., they need to fill the quota within the first year.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Sanity Lost
No Obamacareless for me. My current health plan does not require me to stand in line with the sheep to see a government doctor.

Nor does the insurance from the for profit insurance companies and non-profit co-ops in the exchanges.
edit on 1-10-2013 by Kaploink because: meh

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I did a little looking and found that In reality, Obamacare will increase health spending by $7,450 for a typical family of four. That’s a far cry from what we were promised when the program was being sold to the population.

Just look at the statistics being provided by some states, like Ohio: “Ohioans who buy government-mandated health insurance through ObamaCare’s new state exchanges next year can expect 41 percent higher rates, according to the state insurance commissioner.” (Nebraska looks rough, too.)

Some may argue that the cost is worth the benefit. That the higher prices mean that those who couldn't afford health insurance will now have it. That might be an argument worth having… but it wasn't the one used to sell the healthcare plan (heck they did not even know what was in the plan; it needed passage to see what it contained!) . So either they lied to the nation to get low information voters (senate & the then democratic controlled congress) to support their efforts, or they are horrible at math and real life scenarios and they actually believed the insane math they were selling. Either way, it shouldn't inspire much confidence in their leadership.

The truth is that Obamacare hasn't even gone into effect yet, and it’s already hurting our country. I don’t want to be a “Roger ramjet pest” but things are going to get much worse before they get better IMO… and the worst part is, all of this could have been avoided.

I also read the IRS has hired 16,200 new workers to oversee this program... So those who think they can ignore this government mandated program might be in for a rather large shock if they try to run with no medical insurance.. Can probably just pay the fine for a couple of years but the fine goes up every year into perpetuity; not sure because I stopped looking after the third year .... Someone is going to get your (fair share they determine) money, of that I would guarantee.

If I am wrong I will apologize and sing the programs praises with guitar and everything!

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 09:44 PM
link   

apoc36
Yes or no?
Please explain your reason.

No.
Reason: I'm not American and dont live there.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by 727Sky

Obamacare only have one year to be tested if it not meet the requirements of forcing enough people into the program it will fail.

As the insurance companies and the government will be the losers, the more people that will opt for fines the less money for the program to cover for those with pre existing conditions of long term care.

When it comes to the taxes, my husband and I never get anything back so we don't even care about what they government will be pocketing.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Well shoot, I am screwed. I just plugged in my numbers. Since I live in a state that isn't expanding medicaid the cost will be 75% of my annual income. How can this be? I guess I can take the fine, but by 2016 the yearly fine will be almost as much as 1 months income.

Is this my punishment for getting off of welfare?

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by calstorm

And, you don't qualify for the subsidy or tax credit??
Something is even more wrong with this plan than I thought

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

I understand.. Question I have with the IRS (puts tin foil hat on) let us say there are hard core holdouts. Will the IRS confiscate/lock their bank account?
I had a friend who had that happen to him... He was out of country when the IRS over a 6 month period sent him letters which he did not reply to because he just had his mail on hold. He finally got his accounts unlocked but I think it was a major hassle and he ended up paying a fine... It was all over a past deduction he had taken for his business. They froze his business and personal accounts... If they go that route with Obamacare holdouts then at some date in the future it might get real serious real quick, No?

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 10:37 PM
link   

calstorm
Well shoot, I am screwed. I just plugged in my numbers. Since I live in a state that isn't expanding medicaid the cost will be 75% of my annual income. How can this be? I guess I can take the fine, but by 2016 the yearly fine will be almost as much as 1 months income.

Is this my punishment for getting off of welfare?

I don't like the law, but something in your numbers isn't adding up...just my take from as little information that is available in regards to your situation.

You are saying that you will have to pay 75% of your annual income and are not eligible for a subsidy...I just can't buy that notion without real numbers to work with...

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 10:53 PM
link   

gladtobehere
Can you imagine, now the government will have access to MORE of our personal, intimate information.

HELL to the NO.

I'm going to claim a religious exemption. Guess I'll have to join something first.

At some point, we have to assume responsibility for our actions. That means throwing off the notion that we are powerless to determine our personal course of action. Reach deep -- do you really think an exemption (by good-old-boy lobbying or protected class) or paying a fine is the answer?

WIll we allow those that claim to represent us demand we buy a product? Will we allow those that claim they represent us continue to pillage, murder and rape around the world? These out-of-control behaviors are all tied together and our checks and balances are utterly and completely broken.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by calstorm

I live in a state that is expanding coverage and I have access to the state exchange so I've not made it a point to learn more about how ACA effects those of you who live in states that refused expanded coverage. But, I did recall reading about the hardship exemptions that the IRS is hammering out. Here is one link to an article that explains a little bit: HealthAffairs Blog

I've read a few articles about the topic but all that I can glean from them is that if your state doesn't participate in an exchange, you will have the option on your 2014 federal tax return to claim the exemption on your taxes to offset the penalty. I'm not sure of the exact numbers but if the premiums cost more than a certain percentage of your income, you will qualify for the exemption.

I've been uninsured for a couple of years now because I cannot afford premiums (or get turned down outright for policies) because of chronic pre-existing conditions. The rates I am seeing under my state exchange are excellent. I'm sorry that others will not see the same benefits because of their residencies.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Thank you all for posts/answers. You have provided some good information. I have a question, do you guys/gals think there could be a negative impact for someone to OPT for Obamacare? Meaning; hidden agendas, fine print that the majority of the public will not read?

Example: Lets say family of 4 makes 60,000 per year, non smokers. Would it be more beneficial to accept Obamacare and receive tax credit subsidy for lower monthly premiums or OPT out of Obamacare and get health Insurance elsewhere?

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 11:12 PM
link   
quite frankly I am leaning no. I have a difficult situation though as I have a type 1 diabetic child. her medicine alone is around 1000 a month, without it she dies. I have lost 10 dollars on the hour and now only seeing jobs that pay a couple dollars more an hour than my 16 yr old son makes. with the experience and talent I have this is absurd. so I wanna say no but may be forced out of love for my child. I am hoping this whole ordeal falls through, if anything happens to my child because of this, im sure ill be read about or talked about on the evening news.

I expect to see reverse immigration. for years people have been risking life and limb to get into America, pretty soon they will be doing the same but to get out. hope Mexico accepts us as much as we accepted them.
edit on 06/02/2010 by letscit because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join